EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-15-2015, 10:10 PM   #1
Kaitheel

Developer

Welcome to Terrors of Thalumbra Beta!

Once you gain access to Maldura you will stumble upon an array of quests throughout the city. Their order of completion is far less structured given that the adjoining overland (underland!) is not accommodating a level increase, thereby allowing progression to be far more free form. This means, if you find a quest that is blocked (augh!), you should still be able to find other quests that can be completed.

Please post any feedback or bugs that you may have found with Maldura quests in this thread. This will help us keep it as organized as possible and get the feedback to the appropriate designer.

Also be sure to include Quest Name, Who gave the quest, and What your journal says when submitting issues.

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:27 PM   #2
Kaitheel

Developer

A couple things to keep in mind with these quests: There are no RoI (region of interest) markers on the map for quests, and you'll find that there are few sparkles on objects. Instead, quest objects are signs, so you'll be able to see them by mousing over them. The goal is to make questing less auto-pilot, requiring a bit more attention, and encouraging collaboration. With that said, if you find a quest step that does not give group updates, and you think it should, let us know.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-20-2015, 10:14 PM   #3
Loran

Gilzin appears to be missing for the third stage of Construct the Past - Now that I have the components that Gilzin requested, I must return to Maldura's Mushroom Bar and Grill.
Possibly have the update step somewhere people will end up running more naturally instead of up where it is now?

I can't find the arcane defense pillar for the first step of It's Pillar Time. Given by Gelik Thwaxby
Found the Pillar, just seems a bit out of the way and the render distance on it seems a bit short for initial discovery.
Second pillar mobs were not flagged to update step 1.4 of It's Pillar Time, and I can't charge the pillar again to force another spawn.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:39 PM   #4
Mermut

Lassyn's Quenching Oil: Rewards: The Throwing Dagger and Throwing Hammer are usable by all classes, including mages and priests. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, or how it would interact with mage/priest spell weapon auto-attack, but it's something to check.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 05:28 AM   #5
Kaladz

On the "Dismantle Ten Rats" where "I must find a way to obtain the mini-thaumaturgical cylinders" but I cannot seem to get these by killing the rats. Am I approaching this wrong or is this not working?
Kaladz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 05:21 PM   #6
Xianthia

Go back to Sasha, there is a chest/box behind her, click on that and grab the sticks. You need those to dismantle the rats.
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 06:54 PM   #7
Elinea

May I ask where you found the raw splitiron stone in the mines? I have not been able to find it. I saw the chelstone (or something close to that spelling) before I had the quest and when I tried to harvest it, it just kept telling me I failed. Once I had the quest, it's vanished and I can't find it anywhere. Is it just a long respawn time after someone else finds it?
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:56 PM   #8
Kaitheel

Developer

Good news! I just submitted the following bug fix:
  • Dismantle Ten Rats - Killing the clockwork rodents now results in an error message
I'm not sure when this change will be on Beta, but it should be included in the update notes at that time.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-21-2015, 10:48 PM   #9
Elinea

I found the rocks you mentioned, but it still wouldn't let me click them. I deleted the quest, and just for SnG, I went to the rocks first before the bats, and I was able to click them. Not sure if the order mattered.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:54 PM   #10
Soresha

I can't find abyssal ore for Mighty Metamorphic Ore. There are grey rocks along the path in the abyssal area (above chasm) that stand out a bit more and look like they maybe should be clickable/mouseover-able, but they aren't interactive.

Is it broken or am I not seeing something please?
Old 10-21-2015, 11:59 PM   #11
Kaitheel

Developer

Ah, that's exactly what the issue was! I'm submitting the fix for it. I don't know when it'll be on Beta, but it's on the way.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-22-2015, 08:23 AM   #12
Reloaded

ok i found the splitiron stones spawn in the central area of the mine and futher back your just have to look for the roundish light brown stones and click on it.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:26 AM   #13
Reloaded

The quest "Arming the Maldura " i got the recipe from the quest giver with the arrow recipe, but when crafting the arrows for the quest it doesn't up date the quest and the arrows don't go into your bags.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:27 PM   #14
Elinea

Dismantle Ten Rats: This should either read "dismantle twelve rats" or we should only have to dismantle ten of them Tongue
Old 10-22-2015, 09:50 PM   #15
Kaitheel

Developer

D'oh! HAHAHA!

I completely agree!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-23-2015, 07:02 PM   #16
Zedd

Quest: Goals in the Shoats
Soul Bleeders keep resetting.
Old 10-24-2015, 01:34 AM   #17
Kaitheel

Developer

Here's another batch of changes that have been made internally, but are not yet on Beta:
  • Dismantle Ten Rats - Quest name is no longer a big liar.
  • Construct the Past - Shrieker is now spelled correctly.
  • Cloingborn This Way - Quest journal now specifies you are obtaining core essences from abyssal aquata spirits.
  • Cloingborn This Way - Quest journal now specifies you are obtaining beaks from abyssal fathomlurkers.
  • Mighty Magimorphic Ore - Increased the chance of obtaining slickstone ore from mined ore piles.
  • Mighty Magimorphic Ore - Quest journal and Bhoughbh now state the correct location for slickstone ore.
  • Mighty Magimorphic Ore - There's now a clue as to how to obtain Abyssal ore.
  • Goals in the Shoals - The number of Soul Bleeders witin Thalumbra have been drastically increased.
  • Goals in the Shoals - Enthralled Soul Bleeders should now update quest correctly.
  • Gilzin's name has now been spelled consistently throughout.
I do not know when these changes will make it to Beta, but they should be included in the posted update notes at that time.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-25-2015, 12:48 PM   #18
Raenius

Pet the Puppy - when you return the dog it updates if you come close to Bhardain - but he is invisible for me and I cant complete the quest since I cannot speak to him.

Gilzin: altho he has a feather above his head, the dialog between him and the other (nameless) dwarf wont continue after I have clicked the 2nd "listen to the exchange...".

So stuck on it atm.
Old 10-25-2015, 01:26 PM   #19
Raenius

Return to the Pillars - can only inspect the pillars getting a message saying that umbrite got removed from them, no update or any other option via rightclicking them. Stuck I guess.
Old 10-25-2015, 03:21 PM   #20
Amaitae

same
Old 10-25-2015, 03:52 PM   #21
Xianthia

Pet the Puppy - same issue that Raenius described, no Bhardain.
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 05:19 PM   #22
Raenius

I actually found Bhardain now - he is a corpse at 465, 30, -594.

Not reacting to anything except saying "hello" if you hail him.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:11 PM   #23
Kaitheel

Developer

That just means that you've already charged that Pillar. Find one you haven't already charged.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-25-2015, 06:12 PM   #24
Kaitheel

Developer

SPOILERS! Ermahgerd!

You shouldn't be seeing that one, yet. I'm fixing both versions of Bhardain.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-25-2015, 06:45 PM   #25
Amaitae

Quest Underdepths Saga: Zaphardt's Defenders.
Don't get the cabalbox access pin after killing X-0 Protocol.
killed everything in the zone, just missing the box
Old 10-25-2015, 06:51 PM   #26
Kaitheel

Developer

Yes, and it is being resolved.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...hs-saga-signature-quest-feedback-bugs.564364/

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-25-2015, 07:43 PM   #27
Elinea

Devs, take note! We're having this particular problem with a few quests in signature lines on live servers as well. Maybe figuring out what is causing it here, will result in a fix on live servers? I'm hoping so because I know that one has been hard to nail down.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:55 PM   #28
Raenius

Gilzin just responded to me and I am on the next step, odd.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:59 PM   #29
Kaitheel

Developer

You are correct, this issue keeps rearing its head, even after we attempt potential fixes (as done back on July 6th).

There are currently several forum threads all having to do with the same code issue... the main thread being "Phantom Sea Signature Broken" (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/phantom-sea-signature-broken.561594/)

As I stated in that thread on Sept 14th,
Thankfully, today I was able to jump into Beta while it was happening, and grab some error messaging from it. I've sent those errors to Code, so hopefully it will help them identify the issue. For Beta, I respawned the quest giver, Gilzin, which resolved the issue, for now.

But yes, it is an ongoing issue that none here have forgotten about.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-25-2015, 07:59 PM   #30
Kaitheel

Developer

Magic! Teehee!

~ Kaitheel