EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-01-2015, 11:46 AM   #121
dngrmse

I'm at +1000 faction with the Glaufaye....they're not offering any additional quests yet.

The timed quests don't seem to add to the 27 either. I've completed the mushroom cart, and lost crate quests, and working on the minecrawler.

I'm stuck at 22, and I've found nothing clickable, no proximity quests, no mob drops. I've even gone back to Kelethin, and checked there.

Anyone got any clues?
Old 11-01-2015, 12:26 PM   #122
Tabri

Quest items used in the tradeskill and signature line series are not leaving bags. I am done with both of these and still have the below items in my bags. Can we get these auto removed once not needed anymore?

Tinkered scanning gadget- A cure for Maldura
Thaneni's staff- Preservation Fragmentation- Now this one I would like to keep for appearance but when you look at it in the dressing room its on the floor and your standing on it Smile
Folded Parchment- Underdepths Sage:Eyes of Ironshadow
Prototype Viewfinder- For your eyes only
Sentry Shock box XII- Underdepths Saga: Zaphard'ts defenders
Shock stick- Dismantle ten rats
High grade coal- Fuels are Forever- this one maybe I grabbed too many dunno
Tabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 12:27 PM   #123
Tabri

Abandoned Fungus Farm npc is triggered(I believe by killing all the flying things in the area dont quote me on that), he spawns in the middle by the tables he will give the remaining quests.
Old 11-01-2015, 12:39 PM   #124
Gigglezzz

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Terrors_of_Thalumbra_Timeline

Pretty accurate list of all the quests except the ones in the Abandoned Fungus Farm area. As Tabri stated, the way to spawn the npc is to kill all the flying mobs in the area. That npc alone gives out approx. 4 or 5 quests. There are two mushroom farms btw. Its the mushroom farm across the bay away from the other mushroom farm where you 1st start all the quests up at, if that makes any sense.
Gigglezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 02:20 PM   #125
Elowith

The healthy spores for Spore Sport seem very sparsley populated.
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 03:42 PM   #126
Jrel

This worked! Thank you!
Jrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 07:17 PM   #127
Tabri

All weekly, daily, solo etc quests given in outer Maldura are not sharing is this intended? We also have to zone out of Maldura to get the quests for the zones inside Malduara are npc's going to be put by the zone doors later?
Old 11-02-2015, 12:25 AM   #128
Kaitheel

Developer

I've got another round of changes headed to Beta, soon:
  • Valley of the Thralls - Dhalgar citizens of outer Maldura will no longer appear as quest targets.
  • Goals in the Shoals - All chitin terror eggs now spawn in accessable locations in the Savage Spires and immediate surrounding areas.
  • Mighty Magimorphic Ore - gnemlish mini-booms are now in a different container to help differenciate them from the crates already present in the region.
  • The Song of Life - cave locust now have a quest update icon.
  • Culling the Time Away - Quest is no longer confused between scum leeches and gimleeches.
These changes should be included with the next update to Beta, and listed in the update notes at that time.

More to come!

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 08:14 PM   #129
Kuulei

• There is an issue with this quest. The correct Dhalgars are staying as white NPC after somone used the "Thaldhor's Stupefying Wand" from maxed range and not respawning for the next person on the questline.
Kuulei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:36 AM   #130
Kaitheel

Developer

Thank you for this! I'll pass along the tradeskill offenders to Domino, and I'll take a look at the others.

As for Thaneni's staff, that is intended to be kept. I'll have to figure out why it's acting odd.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-03-2015, 02:43 AM   #131
Kaitheel

Developer

Yeah, unfortunately those quests do not allow sharing. It wasn't desired functionality on our side, but as Chrol tells me, it was a lesser evil choice, due to other issues players were encountering with the quests due to their delivery method.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-03-2015, 02:46 AM   #132
Kaitheel

Developer

Today's report of quest changes headed to Beta soon* is as follows:
  • It's Pillar Time - Recharging the pillars is now a group update.
  • Return to the Pillars - Recharging the pillars is now a group update.
  • Pet the Puppy - Shuck no longer knocks you back, withiin District of Ash after accepting the quest, or completing it.
  • Culling the Time Away - More scum leeches have been added to support quest needs.
  • Valley of the Thralls - Casting stupefy on the thralls no longer breaks the encounter when grouped with Aberrants.
*I'm not sure when they'll be on Beta, but they should be included in the update notes at that time.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-03-2015, 10:18 AM   #133
Sigrdrifa

The "Defenders Renewed Throwing Hammer" (quest reward from "Lasslyn's Quenching Oil") is a hammer, but the damage type shows piercing. That probably should be crushing.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:07 AM   #134
ZUES

Quest: Goals in the Shoals - Can you please increase the spawn rate and amount of chintin terror eggs? Thanks.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:37 AM   #135
Kaitheel

Developer

Today's list of quest changes headed to Beta soon* is as follows:
  • A Gust of Good Fortune - Umbrite respawns much faster.
  • A Gust of Good Fortune - The number of umbrite spawning has been increased.
  • Lasslyn's Quenching Oil - The number of Maldura defenders has been increased.
  • Lasslyn's Quenching Oil - Defenders' Renewed Weaponry has a reduced time for affecting Maldura defenders.
  • Valley of the Thralls - Thralls should no longer get stuck as actors.
  • Valley of the Thralls - The reuse time for Thaldohr's Stupefy Wand has been reduced.
  • Another One Bites the Rock - The number of crag gorgers in Thalumbra have been increased.
  • Preservation Fragmentation - Thaneni's Staff no longer thinks of itself as footwear.
*I'm not sure when they'll be on Beta, but they should be included in the update notes at that time.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-04-2015, 03:19 AM   #136
Sigrdrifa

The quest "Lasslyn's Quenching Oil" as well as "Fury Road" have a coin reward of 1p 41g 75s, unlike most of the other quests, which reward 1p 53g 9s. Is this intentional?
Old 11-04-2015, 10:14 AM   #137
Beee

Client Crash 00c2ca76 while making Preservation Fragmantation - zoning out of Spellwave instance.

The named inside the Spellwave instanve dropped a chest and it seems while opening the chest i was automatically zoned out
Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 07:07 PM   #138
Kaitheel

Developer

Quests that also have equipment rewards give you a bit less coin than those that do not.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-04-2015, 11:17 PM   #139
Elowith

Mighty Magimorphic Ore - not many rocks to split - going to be horrid with many people looking.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:28 PM   #140
Elowith

Culling the Time Away - the scumleech slugs don't update the quest. Are there ones that do?
Old 11-05-2015, 12:16 AM   #141
Kaitheel

Developer

Unfortunately no. The name of the mobs were changed, but the quest was not. This will be bugged until the next Beta update.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-05-2015, 01:02 AM   #142
Kaitheel

Developer

The next Beta server update* should include the following:
  • Valley of the Thralls - Quest now offers a useful reward for scouts.
  • Preservation Fragmentation - Quest now offers a useful reward for scouts.
  • Culling the Time Away - Scumleech slugs now update the quest when they are the target, as intended.
  • Goals in the Shoals - Gathering chitin terror eggs is now a group update.
* I don't know when the next update will be, but these changes should be listed in the notes at that time.
~ Kaitheel
Old 11-05-2015, 01:08 AM   #143
Kaitheel

Developer

There are two regions with spawn points. And what is not obvious, is that there is a minimum number that will always be present, no matter how heavily farmed they are. So, there is always some to be found.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-05-2015, 12:29 PM   #144
agitofws

Another One Bites the Rock
I am doing the quest"Another One Bites the Rock".Thaneni in Thalumbra( -372, 164, 154 ) ,give the quest to me.He asked me to gather some unconscious crag gorgers.
I get a toxic glow toad,and used toad on crag gorgers.when gorger's name become white, and my mouse cursor turns into a hand,I try to click the crag gorge to gather it,but nothing happened!
i can't do the quest now.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:28 PM   #145
Mrs. Song

I somehow can't find the quest giver for the "pet the puppet" quest. I followed the locations provided in eq2wikia (speak with Bhardain at ( 489, 119, 260) but there is none.
Do I need to do a requisite? I completed the signature so far and did a couple of quests in both Maldura and Thalumbra.
Mrs. Song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 02:40 PM   #146
Sigrdrifa

Notice the middle number in that location. It's the Z axis, or up and down. Compare that to what you get if you type /loc, and you will quickly find him.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:24 PM   #147
Kaitheel

Developer

Bhardain isn't the quest giver for "Pet the Puppy". You won't see him until you are on the quest.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-06-2015, 05:02 AM   #148
Sigrdrifa

Also submitted as a /typo.

On the quest "A Fun Guy", the quest box text says: "A mysterious ironblood myconid by the name of Verna Amanita has asked that you aide in securing his home back from invading forces!"

However, if you target this NPC and do /say %T is a %O -- you get "Verna Amanita is a It". So instead of "securing his home" it s/b "securing its home".

Also, it s/b "aid", not "aide". "Aid" is to help someone. An "aide" is an assistant, like an aide-de-camp.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:22 PM   #149
Moonpanther

BUG The quest "A gust of Good Fortune" wants me to deposit the bluster umbrite in the cart near Lassyln. The cart has gone MIA and is not there. Restarted the game completely, checked game assets, didn't help. Toon: Moonpanther, Time: 2:21pm EST. Game build: 12285
Moonpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:16 PM   #150
Dreadtalon

Thalumbra, the Ever Deep, Quest: Another One Bites the Rock:

Nothing wrong with the quest so far, just wanted to say the character model of Thaneni is great, the purple spirit floating on mist-stuff guy. I dig the model, petamorph wand? Illusion for us?

Thanks!

Dreadtalon, a Freetard of Freeport