EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-10-2007, 03:27 PM   #31
Skadi187

Loremaster

My goal is to stay 'noob' as long as possible, enjoy the environment and take my time to explore and do things I like rather than rush to 70!I have been playing for over a month now, and still not tired of certain zones, I like to do all available quests. I also enjoy housing alot, just would like to see alot changed on that subject. Like more house options, more items to buy/obtain, and sofa's! ^^Maybe the whole housing system gets redone, who knows! It's the mainreason I love EQ2 so much!~Skadi
Skadi187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:32 PM   #32
Boli32

Loremaster

Get my fury to 100 AAs (87 and counting *sigh*), and spend my free time between raids getting my pally to 70.
Boli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:26 PM   #33
Frens

Tester

Just got all my tradeskillers to level 45. Hoping to get them to level 70 by the end of the year. Also hoping to get a level 70 adventurer by the end of the year - hopefully my now-32 berserker (since I only play him with my wife's Fury, it means that she's playing a whole lot more!) but if not, my now-49 brigand.If I can't do that, then I'm hoping to gracefully exit the game to focus on my studies and/or pencil and paper gaming. We'll see though!Meow,Magar, Inc.Test Server
Frens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:35 PM   #34
Blakeavon

Loremaster

find a suit of armour at lvl 70 that actually matches, or at least has some colour co-ordination SMILEYright now i look a frightful mess
Blakeavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:38 PM   #35
ReturnOfMadness

Loremaster

There is only one thing for me to do (and for many others with me SMILEY) which is simply to bring bards and a few other classes back under the attention of the devs. And make clear to them they need some loving, and not at the cost of other classes (for a change).And not a goal of mine but should (in my point of view anyway) be for the devs, to be more involved with the comunity (sp?) and reply on some large concerns that are lingering all over the forums about a wide variety of topics (again classes need loving, but other things like just posting in topics that aint explicitly about bugs, but in posts where people are trying to organise events and try to help out as far as their job rules allow so etc.). That should atleast boost the morale of the community and reduce the blows that future games might or might not deal to this game.But again i am just a lost crazy soul looking for some love SMILEYMay the flames of ro destroy the nerfhammer!

ReturnOfMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:22 PM   #36
Spyderbite
Server: Venekor
Guild: Dark Vengeance

Loremaster

I'm rather new to EQ2 having only played for a couple of months now after migrating over from another MMORPG that I played for the last 10 years. So, my goals/resolutions may seem a bit noobish. But, they're also very exciting goals for me as most of my ambitions revolve around enjoying many of the mechanics in EQ2 that were sadly neglected for years in the last game I played.1. Explore the entire crafting system.. or at least as much of it as my limited character slots will allow!2. Harvest my first T7 Imbue item.3. Help my guild reach level 104. Last longer than 30 seconds to a squad of 5+ brave warriors *coughs*5. Continue to have as much fun as I've had these past 60 days or so!Hope everyone has a prosperous and happy 2007!
Spyderbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:52 PM   #37
Caela

Loremaster

In August of 2006 I started a new character - a Ratonga Conjuror by the name of Fleabaux (random generated name by the way..)  At first, she was just going to be a woodworking mule... and while it was fun being a Ratonga, I just couldn't stand Freeport - the people were so nasty.  So, I thought, I'll check out the new betrayal system.  While betraying, I found out how much fun she was to play, and she quickly became my new main.

I set out some goals for her...  I was going to go slow and take it all in...  I did nothing but quests - if I wasn't actively doing a quest, I would turn off my xp (and sometimes even then).  I also wanted to keep all my quests blue.  Then EoF came out... and I discovered Clockwork Spidersilk gear...  I wanted it all.  I got greedy.  And started leveling quickly.  And I got the gear - well, 6/7.  But I leveled way too fast and skipped a bunch of Heritage Quests. 

So, for the new year, I'm going back to my roots.  I'm gonna take it slow again.  Stop and smell the quests... 

My goals are to :

Go back and do all the HQ's I missed (I want to do them all)
Work on just quests again.
Get all my spells to Adept III or better
Get all my gear to Mastercrafted/Legendary or better.

Caela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:12 PM   #38
TwistedFaith

Loremaster

Get 100 AA's on my ranger, install vanguard, play vanguard until SoE raises the level cap for EQ2 again.
TwistedFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:41 PM   #39
Saroc_Luclin

Loremaster

For EQII? Lets see, probably at least get my Troub main into the next Tier, if not to L70 (He's 47). Clear out his quest journal. Get my fleet of TS alts up into their 50's as well.Finally get around to betraying my Tailor alt.Get a bigger house.I think those are the basics for now. My main focus is still EQLive so that may be all I'll be able to do. SMILEY
Saroc_Luclin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:04 PM   #40
Mabes

Loremaster

Get 100 achievement levels, get a full set of templar fabled class armor, finally get around to doing the rest of claymore quests, finishing the large questline that is yet to be released in EoF, get the last few t6 templar Master I's I need, getting my assassin alt to level 70 and decking him out in fabled, and hopefully having lots of fun in the process.

Tion - Templar \ Jeweler - Nektulos
Varos - Assassin - Nektulos
Mabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:04 PM   #41
Kalem

Loremaster

Since I suffer from altitis it took me quite sometime to get a character to 70.  I got my Bruiser to 70 in the first half of last year.  My goal for this year are:

1) Take my currently level 27 paladin all the way to 70
2) Gain 100 AA's for the above mentioned paladin
3) Take my level 60 Alchemist to level 70
4) "Or are you taking it easy and enjoying each day as it comes? " Oh yes, and just enjoy the rest of the rest of my gaming time, which includes lots of exploring!

Guild - Enigma

Valhammer
(70 Bruiser)

Ragnorel (Shadowknight)

Coldstone (Monk)

Originally from Mistmoore now on Bazaar
Kalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:23 PM   #42
Thoral

Loremaster

My goal is to tank a labs trash run with my 70 bruiser.  To do that, I will need to get:- More training in labs since I've only been there 4 times (easy)- More adept III and master spells (not too difficult)- Better gear (somewhat difficult)- At least 17 people who are willing to let me try (pretty hard)If I accomplish that goal, then I'll shoot for a full labs run.
Thoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:37 PM   #43
LoreLady

Loremaster

To effectively analize the damage of t8 ammo.. - nerdy eq2 goal SMILEY..Sadly enough, I was asked to do this SMILEY.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:44 PM   #44
SillyMonk

General

I'd have to say that my plans for the year are really fluid. I've never had any set goals other than hanging out with the people I enjoy and having fun. Possibly I'd like to get my relic armor and all my AA's.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:08 PM   #45
Killerbee3000

Loremaster

well, it's hard to plan for a long time (as we dont know yet when the next expansion hits (and what it will offer)), but in general, finally get those secondary tradeskills up, lvl my private alt guild, clear all eof raid instances, oh.... and finally after countless mages, priests and scouts get a tank beyond 20:smileytongue:and because i mentioned expansions allrdy, wtb kunark expansion without a lvl cap increase (more content ftw)....

Message Edited by Killerbee3000 on 01-10-2007 08:11 AM

Killerbee3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:42 PM   #46
chily

Loremaster

Hmm goals ....

#) 100AA with my coercer

#) transmute to 350

#) spending more time with my 70Sk again

#) Level my 56 Brig to 70 + Hat quest and MoA

#) claymore completting with my coercer

#) Maybe a fifth tradeskiller

#) my guild to 40 and higher

#) the last 3 hq's done with my coercer and the 8 or 9 missing ones with my SK

and all that while i raid 3 times a week

Chillispike 80 SK, Guildleader of Boogie Knights @ Splitpaw and EQ2iAdmin

Sanji 80 Coercer @ Splitpaw

I just don't use Station Cash.

chily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:43 PM   #47
Zenith

General

I would like to have a library in my hall (stupid 500 item limit /shakes fist angrily)

I would like my Illusionist to finish the Peacock and Claymore lines but alas no one wants to work on them.

I'd really like to be as wanted as a Coecer but alas Coecers got all the "most wanted" abilities. A lot of raiding guilds make Illusionists switch over to join because of the dozen or so actually useful Coercer skills (Amenisa that works on epics, hate increase buff, TWO power regens, etc etc) and I got Illusory Allies which... kills me and just messes up the aggro table wiping the raid in almost every situtation.

I'd love to earn faction with my home city and it's sub factions (guards) but at 150 a writ it's going s l o w... (334 writs from 0 faction btw ;p )

Message Edited by ZenTouma on 01-10-2007 11:46 AM

Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:02 PM   #48
Phaldyne

EQ2LLinks Admin

My fiance and I would like to get our guild up in levels.  It's currently at level 25 with only 3 accounts and is going very slow with the recent changes to guild experience and the difficulty in actually completing tradeskill writs with the obscene amount of unwarranted critical failures.

-Phaldyne

Phaldyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:14 PM   #49
Crombie

Loremaster

My goal is to become a Destroyer of Brownies.... mmm brownies...

then go back to my useual patrols back in Rivervale to keep the Nightbloods in check.

/salutes
Old 01-10-2007, 10:24 PM   #50
Feltrak

Loremaster

My goal for 2007 is to create a rift between Kelethin and Qeynos, so Freeport can take over Kelethin. That way I have an excuse to kill Fae.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:41 PM   #51
Trynnus1

Loremaster

Goals for the year:

1. Get a complete set of the Legendary class armour (I have 3/7) - Guess I have to wait at least until Unrest is opened...

2. Get to 100 AAs - not in a big rush, zerker line is BAH.

3. Start the new long signature quest line when is comes out and advance with the tide of people so getting a group for it will be easier (started claymore WAY too late).

4. Help gear out the guild so we can be more successful in EoF raids.

Trynnus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:42 PM   #52
Balic

Loremaster

Make top 10 on my server for quests.
Balic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:30 AM   #53
Oakum

Loremaster

Goals? Not much has changed.
Get guild to max lvl. 8 to to but not much hurry since lvl 60 rewards are not really awe inspiring or even as useful as the lvl 50 ones are. Finish epic quest and new quest from EOF. Plenty of time for that especially since I only raid casually at best.

Find out why the only thing worthwhile for a PVE warden in the EOF line which was the cures line was destroyed and we are left with nothing that can make us (who know warden play the best) noticiably better unless we are fully specced out in fabled strength gear and weapons, mitigation,  and resist to withstand AOE's for the melee line. Of course the other priest classes are all happy becuase they had aa's that actually helped them become better in some noticable way. Enough about that.

Find something to do in the game that excites me again and makes me want to stay up late to do it. Not being able to lvl for 8 months especially since the EOF AA''s dont improve my character as stated above and raiding is not an acceptable answer.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:18 AM   #54
RingleToo

Loremaster

I'm going to finish the Prismatic 3 series (on step 10 but I've only been working it on for a year);

going to finish that Draco HQ (near end - only been working on that 6 mos);

going to finish the Thorn of Old HQ (just got that quest about 4 mos ago so haven't really started on it yet). 

:smileytongue:

Old 01-11-2007, 03:32 AM   #55
Magic

General

Mine is simply to cure myself of altaholism and to focus on only one alt to make it my main.  My highest alt is currently level 29 and I've been playing on and off since launch.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:45 AM   #56
Kosh

Loremaster

As I have just picked up my new comp today, I plan to learn to 2-box.

Kosh

Kosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:38 AM   #57
Cigaran

Loremaster

Heh, a pretty easy goal for me honestly.  Invest more time here in EQ2 and learn the game.  So far, so good!
Cigaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:06 AM   #58
Ishnar

Loremaster

Buy a war barded Calvary horse.  I've got 130000 status so far SMILEYGet my house decorated so people who come to shop will like it and get comfortable.Reach 1000 quests complete on my new character.
Ishnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:30 AM   #59
EvilIguana9

General

Finish saving Neverwinter from Black Garius and his Luskan thugs and defeat the fallen Guardian of Illefarn before he turns all of Faerun into an annex of the plane of shadows.  Once I'm done with that I can come back to Norrath and get to work saving it from its problems.**The most pressing of which seems to be an endlessly expanding population of baby deer.  The [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] things are everywhere and they never seem to stop levelling up!
EvilIguana9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:56 AM   #60
jago quicksilver

Lord

first and foremost, im gonna try to bite the bullet and grind out my Tradeskilling to 70, and max out tinkering.i also hope to be the first to have my full set of fabled class set gear, im an inquisitor (5/7 so far).
jago quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote