EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-10-2007, 06:45 AM   #1
Grimwell

Community Relations

Somewhat in the tradition of a 'New Years resolution,' I'm curious what different players are hoping to accomplish in game in 2007. Do you have any specific goals for your character? Are you looking to acheive something with/for your guild this year? Or are you taking it easy and enjoying each day as it comes? Share your plans with me, they may influence mine! (or end up being so cool I have to share them with the world)
Grimwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:58 AM   #2
Tstorm

Tester

I consider myself a casual player, though I am very goal oriented.  For example, when EoF came out, I was obsessing over Tinkering.  Before that it was getting my monk to 70, provisioner to 70, alchemist to 70.I also tend to obsess over quests (love them!).  Killing, exploration, collection -- it doesn't matter, I do them all!At the moment, I am having a ball playing on the Test server (something new I started recently).  I have a Fae Warden there that my main push at the moment is getting to level 35 to get the evac spell.I am actually entertained fairly easily, but once I set my sights on something, it consumes me pretty quickly. :smileyhappy:
Old 01-10-2007, 06:59 AM   #3
EtoilePirate

Tester

I think I'm finally going to finish "To Speak as a Dragon" on my main.   :smileyvery-happy:  She's only been over the original level 50 cap for 14 months, don't see what the hurry is...  I'm also going to betray a fae.  Whether or not the capacity is added to the game.  Mwahahaha!

Nimari, Fury-at-Large

Test Server
EtoilePirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:03 AM   #4
Kurizok

I for one am pretty ecxited about changing the 60_69 channel immensely this year.  I like!

Kurizobo of Nektulous - Dissolution
Halfling | Pirate
70 Dirge
[expletive haxx0red by Kuribozo]!
[Noob] [Normal] [Bored]

Kurizok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:48 AM   #5
Mareth

Loremaster

Getting my main to level 70, and getting yet more mounts (5 and counting).Then there's always alts I want to play, I'm a bit of an altaholic too.And cause as much mayhem in the chats as possible, obviously!
Mareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:02 AM   #6
Mirander_1

Loremaster

Well, I want to make it to 70 before the level-cap is raised again, and there's a fair chance of that happening this year, so I'll go with that.
Mirander_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:04 AM   #7
selch

Lord

Possible retiring for my monk as being resource hunter and same for my warden.

Making my nerf-proof Fury as my main and leveling them up with my berserker getting them up to 100 AA's.

Message Edited by selch on 01-09-2007 07:05 PM

Old 01-10-2007, 08:06 AM   #8
Savanja

Fansite Staff

I'm very much a go with the flow sort of girl, the only thing I'd like to work on are my APs and to get some time in the high end dungeons.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:37 AM   #9
Rhona

Mine's rather simple.  Ten more levels on my main and 15 more on my test alt. :smileyvery-happy:Rho
Old 01-10-2007, 08:40 AM   #10
kajirala

Lord

i would like to get my main wizard...Mariate...to at least level 60 and if i could to level 70....i would also like to try to become an officer to the guild i belong to
Old 01-10-2007, 08:56 AM   #11
pointytail

Loremaster

I've got books, books and more books. Need I say more? :smileywink:I also hope to get my quest journal to look less like an overstuffed notebook but I doubt that will be possible...

~ Choices. There is always a price to pay no matter what the result is. ~*

*This message brought to you by the Choices Have Consequences Council and boredom.
pointytail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:34 AM   #12
TaleraRis

Loremaster

I want to continue on my way to the 630 club, collect more goodies for my house so it's spiffy and get my guild to 30 so I can move to an even bigger one to fill up with neat things.
Najena

Morgasand Ka'Bael
54 Roswellian Mind Scrambler
87 Shield Polisher
Najena
TaleraRis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:37 AM   #13
Warpax

Loremaster

reduce my number of alts down to 3 and choose a "main"
Warpax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:01 AM   #14
electricninjasex

Loremaster

Being the best level-capped wizard, coercer, and shadowknight on my server.
electricninjasex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:03 AM   #15
Nuhus

Loremaster

I have a few. Getting my provisioner to 70, finish Deception, obtain max Coalition of The Tradesfolk faction with my Sage and Provisioner. Cleaning out my quest journal haha.

Nuhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:06 AM   #16
ArivenGemini

Loremaster

Grimwell wrote:
Somewhat in the tradition of a 'New Years resolution,' I'm curious what different players are hoping to accomplish in game in 2007. Do you have any specific goals for your character? Are you looking to acheive something with/for your guild this year? Or are you taking it easy and enjoying each day as it comes? Share your plans with me, they may influence mine! (or end up being so cool I have to share them with the world)

My number one goal is to get as many of my guildmembers to move to Freeport as possible..Cept for Brokain.. him I want to move to Kelethin..SMILEY
Old 01-10-2007, 10:17 AM   #17
drkninja1981

Loremaster

Well my list is pretty short, as I only have 1 month to play before i get deployed in support of war. But I would like to max out my brother to the best I can help him with (armor and spells) so that I can leave knowing that he can take charge. I would like to see my guardian reach lvl 40 before then and would like to finally get moa raid done with my ranger. Would love to see guild reach lvl 30 before i go and would like to see more peeps join us. Would like to do at least a half dozen raids ive never successfully done on either my ranger or wiz. Would like to see guildies included more in the raids i do more frequently but none are really ever picked due to lack of decent armor. But goal #1 is my brother and #2 is MoA raid. So much to do so little time lol
drkninja1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:24 AM   #18
SlashnGut

Loremaster

I'd like to get my conjurer/sage to 70 and finish getting my 100 AA's on my main. Then would like to finish getting my carpenter to 70.

Sucha 92 Conjuror/92 Sage

Mrshal 92 Monk/92 Carpenter

Bloodwingg 92 Necromancer/92 Tailor

Tior 92 Warlock/92 Provisioner

Holyer 92 Paladin/92 Armoror

Grogg 90 Berserker/92 Alchemist

Etat 90 Bruiser/92 Jeweler

Dawizz 90 Wizard/92 Woodworker

Punting 90 Brigand

Kountdracula 90 Dirge

Omgiman 92 Warden

SlashnGut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:26 AM   #19
Sebastien

Tester

Well, as returning players my friends and I decided to start from scratch, rather than resume our old character.  So I am looking forward to getting to 50 and then passing it, so I can see some of the expansion content I bought with the EoF bundle.  Also hoping to pull a few of my guildies out of wow and gw so I can do some dungeon crawls with them again.

Returning Player & Forum Critic
Sebastien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:38 AM   #20
Terrius

Loremaster

To have 100 aas on my templar before lvl 60! Hoorah! SMILEY lvl 14 with 9 and still countin!!
Terrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:20 PM   #21
Malandrin

Loremaster

To pray a lot, so one day I will wake up and see that all Assassin EOF AA have been changed.

Message Edited by Malandrin on 01-10-2007 08:20 AM

Malandrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:25 PM   #22
Velxaar

Lord

I am looking forward to betray my Fae to become a coercer. And maybe to level my transmuting to 350. And i wanna be level 80 with the next expansion!
Velxaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:48 PM   #23
Nemissis

Lord

I finaly got my necro to 70 a week ago =D this year im looking to start an alt (i have yet to have a main one).  Ill probaly end up creating a healer so i can help out guildies (not to mention get into the higher lvl zones sooner then the other classes).  Ill probaly go warden =D gotta love the new ports. For nem ill be looking at spending a ton of cash on his house and then work on some old quests maby finnish all those pain in the [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] quests like Qeynos Claymore.... Wont be playing as much as before though getting into WoW as well... but i wont be quiting eq2 anytime soon thats for sure =D. I love the game and talking to all the friends i have made....Other then helping guildies/mentoring lower lvl people thats about it i doubt i will be able to get anoher alt up to 70 within this year but worth a shot =D.  Btw i love the new EoF expansion you guys outdid yourselves with it =D but would like to see something more with iksars =P hehe

Nemissis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:56 PM   #24
Qwindar

Loremaster

I'm literally days away from a deployment, so nothing major now. When I do come back, I plan on buying a modern gaming rig, first and foremost. I'll have to see what shape my guild is in when I come back. Hopefully, my guardian will still be needed, then my goal will be to get him to whatever the max level is at that time and gear him for raiding. If my guardian is not needed, then I'll level a more needed toon for raiding purposes. Either way, when I do come back, my goal is to get into raiding!
Qwindar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:08 PM   #25
Ponos

Loremaster

1) Earn 50,000 faction for all NPC city guilds

2) Earn the Destroyer of Gnolls title

3) Earn the Destroyer of Fairies title

4) Earn enough gold and status to purchase ALL guild nobility titles

5) Complete every Collection Quest via Broker (and NOT hand them in!)

6) Move into a larger house

7) Collect EVERY Frostfell musical snowglobe

SMILEY Purchase EVERY music box from last year

9) Climb to the top rank in status contributed to guild (currently the #1 has something like 2 million.)

And I'm going to do all this at LEVEL 14. 
Old 01-10-2007, 01:09 PM   #26
Tarya

Loremaster

LOL how often do you want this to be answered? You do know that some of the players are females and we tend to change our mind quite often... I've heard :smileywink: Moonbell lvl 70 swashbuckler/carpenter: Get remaining swashbuckler AAs, do the remaining EoF HQs then done all HQs YAY Iriwen lvl 70 warden/57 tailor: Get her to lvl 70 tailoring (t6 is just a pain due to lack of roots), finish warden AAs. D'Tar lvl 58 Inquisitor/50 jeweler: Get her to lvl 70 in both. My Faes Lilinan and Erwienn: lvl them when not busy with my inq etc. Other 5 toons are on hold In general - have fun with guild mates, get guild to lvl 60 (approaching lvl 40 - and only 3-4 months old guild - not bad going :smileytongue: ). As a carpenter I hope guild houses are implemented some day so I get to work on that. I have bunch of other goals as well that tend to be sometimes active sometimes not (I'm just too busy with all these toons lol)... like getting factions etc.
Tarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:20 PM   #27
Carvium

Loremaster

Get my dirge up to the level cap
Get my healers up to the level cap
Help more Guildies get to a point where we have enough to do T7 raids as we have been doing really well with T6 raids.
Change my Main to my Dirge.
Get enough money to get all the bits and bobs they could need
Complete the Claymore line on both my wizzy and dirge
Start the new epic quest in EoF and explore Unrest Estate

Carvium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:33 PM   #28
aislynn00

Loremaster

Grimwell wrote:
Somewhat in the tradition of a 'New Years resolution,' I'm curious what different players are hoping to accomplish in game in 2007. Do you have any specific goals for your character? Are you looking to acheive something with/for your guild this year?

1) Continue to advance as a successful raiding guild into EoF.

2) Recruit an active, positive-minded, skilled, and reliable troubador or illusionist for the guild.  Yeah, I know; troubadors only exist in fairy tales.  I like to dream, though.

3) Lobby for the gamewide revocation of the "casual friendly" notion, so EQ2 actually becomes challenging again and fighters have a purpose in heroic groups aside from Nizara and Castle Mistmoore.  I am so sick of seeing a brigand, inquisitor, and wizard trio Obelisk, ostensibly the second-hardest instance in the entire game.  Ah, well.

Message Edited by aislynn00 on 01-10-2007 03:22 AM

aislynn00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:42 PM   #29
Jal

General

20 more AA's on my necro, get Archlich master 1, hopefully finish claymore.
Jal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:01 PM   #30
AoA

Loremaster

I would like to see that my guild (of which I am a member over 4 years SMILEY) gets into Raiding, and see my Shadowknight (now lv50) to reach lv70, and become a Raid tank.