EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-23-2006, 12:24 AM   #1
Blackguard

Developer

I'm an active blog reader, and I've found a number of different blogs that post about EverQuest II. But I'm not entirely sure that I've read all of the blogs out there that concern EQII (for good or ill), and figured the best way to find them all would be to ask the community, since you folks know everything. SMILEY So, please let me know of any EQII related blog sites you know about, and I'll definitely check them out (and may have Raijinn compile them all and add the list to our Links section). Thanks!

YARR!!!
Blackguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 12:59 AM   #2
cyani

Personally I’ve always found that ArrgoMe is an excellent blog.  Mixing a little humor with some well thought out opinions, he makes everything understandable and interesting.  Also, he keeps you informed on what is going on, as well as his take on it.  All in all he in knowledgeable, thorough, and seems to have a high level of professionalism in his posts.  But hey what do you expect from a lawyer. :smileytongue:

BTW he includes the links to many other bloggers on his main page..

Message Edited by cyanias on 03-22-200602:41 PM

Old 03-23-2006, 02:13 AM   #3
Ikke

Loremaster

cyanias wrote:

Personally I’ve always found that ArrgoMe is an excellent blog.  Mixing a little humor with some well thought out opinions, he makes everything understandable and interesting.  Also, he keeps you informed on what is going on, as well as his take on it.  All in all he in knowledgeable, thorough, and seems to have a high level of professionalism in his posts.  But hey what do you expect from a lawyer. :smileytongue:

BTW he includes the links to many other bloggers on his main page..

Message Edited by cyanias on 03-22-200602:41 PM

Yes, AggroMe is a very good site! I consider him to be the the mobhunter for EQ2!

Ikke

Old 03-23-2006, 02:28 AM   #4
SaintPet

General

Ikke wrote:

Yes, AggroMe is a very good site! I consider her to be the the mobhunter for EQ2!

Correction in green.  AggroMe is written by Faarwolf, fomer Mod of the EQ2 Forums.  But she does, indeed, rock.  SMILEY
Old 03-23-2006, 03:00 AM   #5
Blackguard

Developer

SaintPeter wrote:

Ikke wrote:

Yes, AggroMe is a very good site! I consider her to be the the mobhunter for EQ2!

Correction in green.  AggroMe is written by Faarwolf, fomer Mod of the EQ2 Forums.  But she does, indeed, rock.  SMILEY
Just replying to this so the rumor mill doesn't get out of control. Aggro Me is a guy, and a cool one at that. I've had the chance to meet him in person a couple times now. SMILEY

YARR!!!
Old 03-23-2006, 03:37 AM   #6
Zygwen

Loremaster

I've found thathttp://www.eq2-daily.com/ + http://www.aggrome.blogspot.com/ +Gets me to 90% of the MMO related blogs that interest me.

Joannax, lvl 90 Troubador
Sacrifice
Oasis

Zygwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 04:31 AM   #7
SaintPet

General

Blackguard wrote:

SaintPeter wrote:

Ikke wrote:

Just replying to this so the rumor mill doesn't get out of control. Aggro Me is a guy, and a cool one at that. I've had the chance to meet him in person a couple times now. SMILEY

/smacks forehead.

So It's not Faarwolf's Blog?  Or I have Faarwolf's Gender wrong? Are we not talking about: http://aggrome.blogspot.com/ ?I thought everything I had read indicated that it was she.  I'm so confused.

Old 03-23-2006, 05:53 AM   #8
Cyanbane

Guildm8s.com

/smacks forehead.

So It's not Faarwolf's Blog?  Or I have Faarwolf's Gender wrong? Are we not talking about: http://aggrome.blogspot.com/ ?I thought everything I had read indicated that it was she.  I'm so confused.

Yes, Aggro is a dude. Not Faarwolf.(although one could say that the AggroMe's AggroCulture PvP  guild, may fight like girls
 That is a different matter entirely.)[disclaimer: this comes from someone in a guild on the same server named 'Brownie Troop' ]
Old 03-23-2006, 06:15 AM   #9
Arthais

Loremaster

Faarwolf does have a blog out there, however I will refrain from giving out the URL here...it gets...a little blue, at times.

Aggro is a guy, yes, and is NOT faarwolf/malice

Arthais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:56 PM   #10
Ikke

Loremaster

SaintPeter wrote:

.....snip....

/smacks forehead.

I'm glad I was right in assessing the gender of AggroMe. I made these mistakes a lot myself. Don't /smack forehead too hard :smileyhappy:

Old 03-23-2006, 07:35 PM   #11
Bandito X

Loremaster

I am a pretty avid blog reader.  I have found that after I check out Aggrome, I head straight for EQDaily.com and check out their various listings of EQ2 articles and blog posts which are updated on a pretty regular basis - the EQ2daily guys rock (make sure you check out a podcast as well). I have my own EQ2 blog, but I wouldn't link it from here just due to some foul language, amateurish posting, and inconsistent updating - but can be found through aggrome's links.  I was inspired to try one after lurking on Aggro's site for quite a while.  However, after you start your own you soon realize the hard work, creativity and talent that people such as aggro have. I began to treat my blog just as a casual endeavour, but enjoy it immensly.  -Bandit
Bandito X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:50 PM   #12
GPA_Coyote

ChernobylKitten

I'm kinda "new" to the whole blogging thing....and I probably shouldn't be posting this...but..yeah....while I am *no* Aggrome...

Coyote blogs.

The Coyote Blog

GPA_Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:10 PM   #13
Melfius

Loremaster

GPA_Coyote wrote:

I'm kinda "new" to the whole blogging thing....and I probably shouldn't be posting this...but..yeah....while I am *no* Aggrome...

Coyote blogs.

The Coyote Blog

Gnomed again....
Melfius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:00 PM   #14
Pucswift

Loremaster

Melfius wrote:

GPA_Coyote wrote:

Coyote blogs.

The Coyote Blog

Gnomed again....
crazy gnomes....
Pucswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:29 PM   #15
Savanja

Fansite Staff

Oh man.  Aggro Me is soo not Faar.  I'd suggest if you wish to read hers, that you search around for "Malice".  No linkies cuz she's naughty, and it'd get nerfed.Blogs..guh.  There are so many of them.  I wouldn't have the dedication or patience to write one.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:31 PM   #16
SenorPhrog

Ten Ton Hammer

I've met Aggro Me and while he isn't a bad looking guy, he doesn't look anything like Faarwolf.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:54 AM   #17
Cyan

Loremaster

Back to topic:www.brenlosworld.comwww.virginworlds.com ( a little bit of everything MMOwise)

Message Edited by Cyan on 03-23-200607:55 PM

Message Edited by Cyan on 03-23-200607:56 PM

Old 03-26-2006, 01:05 AM   #18
HolyAvengerOne

Loremaster

Arthais_CR wrote:

Faarwolf does have a blog out there, however I will refrain from giving out the URL here...it gets...a little blue, at times.

Aggro is a guy, yes, and is NOT faarwolf/malice

Agreed. And here's some proof (as much a proof as it can get) as you can see on this Aggro Me post.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:58 PM   #19
Cownose

Loremaster

I have a blog... but it has nothing to do with EQ2. SMILEY
Cownose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:21 AM   #20
MRRX

Loremaster

Better late than never -

Everquest Character Journal

MRRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:05 AM   #21
Breiya

Tester

Here is one that I found while randomly browsing Blogspot a few months ago.  It's a daily account of the guy's life in Qeynos and is always a good read - http://qeynos.blogspot.com/
Old 04-02-2006, 10:51 AM   #22
RoadkillUSA

Loremaster

Well I was going to setup my own apathy blog but I got too excited about it. So it never worked out.

:smileyvery-happy:

Old 04-13-2006, 01:17 AM   #23
JayeWizziefingers

Loremaster

I started a blog a few days ago, so I figured I'd add my address to the list here.  It's nothing spectacular, and it's still a work in progress.

Feedback is welcome!

Erika Prexian
53 Monk
Guk Server
Adept - Legion of the White Rose

Message Edited by JayeWizziefingers on 04-12-2006 02:22 PM

Journeys With Jaye

Shut Up We're Talking (Virginworlds Podcast)
JayeWizziefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 03:36 AM   #24
Blackguard

Developer

Great blog, Jaye! That's the first from this list I had not yet seen.

YARR!!!
Old 04-13-2006, 05:43 AM   #25
argsix

Loremaster

Juggy has a blog, but its mostly Defiance guild events stuff, and Juggy ranting... For those who know about I have tried some realy cool experiments with it, like linking parses for named that we have killed, and a nifty script to view our TS and see who is on.  For a while I had a bunch of files linked from my personal FTP server.  I have had that down for a bit though because someone tried to hack it.  However I am planing on bringing that back up after I have had a chance to harden it a bit.  I am *hoping* to once again be able to post parses of some of the cooler boss fights in the game like Harla-Dar and some of the other big dragons, but not untill I can harden the FTP interface.I have however gotten in trouble for it in the past so I will not list the URL here. PM me if your interested.

Message Edited by argsix on 04-12-2006 06:48 PM

Old 04-13-2006, 06:03 AM   #26
otlg

Loremaster

Well I've been posting a lot of really good stuff (IMHO) for guild consumption only, but this post made me think to actually bother putting my thoughts into a blog, so here you go: (now be fore-warned the language is R rated and will continue to be so) (and remember you asked and no I don't copy edit SMILEY )

http://osiri.blogspot.com/

otlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 07:16 PM   #27
Meryddian

Loremaster

It's not necessarily a blog in the lines of AggroMe's excellent blog, but it's a community group on LiveJournal.com, so it's a total mishmash about what you might find there - anything from patch notes, to random thoughts from players, to reviews of events/items/etc.

I have a blog too which was originally started with the intent of being about EQ2, but ended up just being my blog. SMILEY

Melime Darkstryder 85 SK/ Xiantia DarkFlyght 80 inq/ Sinikka Eversings 80 troub/ GUK

Meryddian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 03:10 AM   #28
RuadhTheRed

Massively.com

After 8 years of almost nightly MMOG'ing, I started my own blog as well:http://www.onedruid.blogspot.com/Not sure how active I'm going to be adding new posts as I am only going to be updating it when I feel I have something to say that isn't being said elsewhere.
RuadhTheRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 06:47 PM   #29
GPA_Coyote

ChernobylKitten

Although, honestly - I detest the word blog in there. Its a daily update on my take of the MMORPG and videogame geek world in general.

Basically, its my weekly article for TTH daily - except that I still have to do a weekly one too....

ALL COYOTE! ALL WEEK! ..live..nude..dancing...
GPA_Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:42 AM   #30
vinterskugge

Loremaster

I finally got around to starting mine: http://eq2raid.blogspot.com/.  I'll be adding my thoughts about the Fallen Dynasty after I'm done raiding tonight.

EDIT:  Added my FD review to it.  Feel free to comment and tell me how I should get a job and that I'm ruining the game for solo players.  SMILEY

Message Edited by vinterskugge on 06-20-2006 12:02 AM

vinterskugge is offline   Reply With Quote