EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-29-2006, 04:16 AM   #1
Arthais

Loremaster

Our database, which I mentioned a few days ago, has hit 1000 NPC entries.  Now while this is not a lot considering the full scope of the game, it's an impressive start so far.  We've also been feverously taking screenshots and verifying data. 

Right now there isn't much to the NPCs, other than zone and name, however it's an intigral first step as far as the way our database is structured.  All our quests are 'tied' to an NPC, so that when you're viewing a quest, it not only gives information to what NPC starts it, but what you have to kill for it.  Since all this starts with the NPC, having them in first, as a building block to advance, is very useful for how this works.  So far we've outlined most of the city npcs for both freeport and qeynos, and are starting to incorporate screenshots and more specific information, as well as branch out.  The db will become open to the public as soon as the final ad code is added, sometime this weekend.

Arthais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 05:22 AM   #2
BSbon

General

ok we're now at like 2500 NPCs SMILEY expanding like mad

bongo
BSbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 12:42 AM   #3
BSbon

General

over 3000 now SMILEY

bongo
BSbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:33 AM   #4
Decad

General

Where is this database? I hope I'm not blind, cause I don't see it on eq2.castersrealm.com
Old 02-07-2006, 11:24 PM   #5
Arthais

Loremaster

I've made references to it in other posts.  It is not "live" yet, since there are still some things to be implemented.  Before it goes live however we're building a framework of info to be there (nothing worse than a public, yet empty, database).

Once it truly goes live, I promise..you'll hear about it =)

Arthais is offline   Reply With Quote