EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-24-2006, 10:02 AM   #1
Arthais

Loremaster

For a while, a long while actually, EQ2 Caster's Realm has been working in secret to finish work on an extensive, and if I must say so, pretty cool database system, which, in my opinion, will rival anything out there.

Today, we unveil.

OK, so I've only managed to populate one zone, but as you can see, it supports a full Bestiary, a full list of quests originating in the zone (although there are none entered yet) and map/screenshot features.

Many game zones have already been added, and their connectivity established, although they're a bit bare right now on the details, but you can see a full list here, and see a few existing descriptions for the Commonlands and Antonica as well.

Speaking of zones we've also worked out a deal with one of the premier map locations for eq2, the very same people that bring you the UI mod eq2interface in which we get permission to host their preexisting extensive map collection.

Of course, quests are included to...take a look at our little writeup for the DWB heritage quest.

And if you're wondering how items will look, I can show ya a crowd favorite.

Plus of course, fully functional search engines for items, and quests

Not only that, but our recipe database shows great functionality as well, where not only will it show you any ingredients, but the ingredients of any subproducts if applicable, a total component breakdown, and the item stats for the best possible item it can make, as well as links to all possible products.  Of course, recipes have their own search feature as well.

Now one of the best things is, since each item gets its own url, it's becomes quite possible to integrate the database directly into existing webpages, like this

So everyone, poke around, tell me what you think.  Our ad code isn't in yet, so it will have some ad banners, but they'll be fairly unobtrusive. 

Of course, if anyone wants to help with submissions, feel free to email me.

Message Edited by Arthais_CR on 01-23-200609:04 PM

Arthais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 01:17 PM   #2
Nytetyme

Loremaster

OMG I can't even fathom the work you've put into this ....

AWESOME so far !!!

Thank you SMILEY

Walk straight in tomorrow's wind,

And cherish each moment of the sun today
Nytetyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:10 PM   #3
Cercs

General

This is amazing! Fabulous work!
Old 01-25-2006, 01:31 AM   #4
Arthais

Loremaster

Thanks for the good words folks, this sytem will be growing very fast, and I hope soon we'll have a true wealth of information available to all.
Arthais is offline   Reply With Quote