EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Services > EQ2Players.com Website Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
grlnxtdr30

Loremaster

While checking to see if servers were up, I noticed several of my charactors had a lock emblem beside them, and when I moused over, it said That the charactor was locked because it exceeded my limit of charactors. I bought the extra charactors slots last year. Am I going to have to pay for them AGAIN to play those charactors? Doesn't seem vary fair to me if I have already payed for them. This had better just be a Bug, because if it is not, then I demand my money back for buying the extra slots....

grlnxtdr30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:57 PM   #2
Finora

Tester

They are still doing stuff on their end, I'm personally surprised that more than 4 characters are showing up at all. That's always been the typical thing everytime servers are down for a big patch or something & people check in before they are back up and only find 4 characters & proceed to freak out saying their characters were GONE!!

I look at the fact that I can see ALL of my characters as a good thing, despite all the lock icons. I won't start worrying (and I won't really worry then, I'll just contact CS) if servers go up and I still can't access all of my characters.

Smokejumper has posted in several  places that if you are CURRENTLY subbed you will not lose anything. If you've let  your sub lapse you'll be restricted to whatever the restrictions are for silver.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:28 PM   #3
Falandir
Server: Oasis
Guild: Stormrunners

Loremaster

Its getting better I now have 14 Characters unlocked and only 5 remaining with the lock symbol.

Falandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:49 PM   #4
Xenxex
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Azure Skies

Loremaster

5 of 7 of mine locked. Always seems to be something going on!

Xenxex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:26 PM   #5
dancemice

Loremaster

your doing better then me. I saw 5 locked. I bought 5 moreSMILEY I wonder if i will have free character slots eventually SMILEY

Dogs have Owners - Cats have Staff.

dancemice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:28 PM   #6
Iad

Loremaster

ignore it until the servers open up.

Iad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:30 PM   #7
Gotrot
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Maelstrom

Loremaster

Better than what I have.. logged in and it said: "You need to setup a subscription." and here I thought it had gone F2P.  SMILEY 

Gotrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #8
Grumpy_Warrior_01

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Better than what I have.. logged in and it said: "You need to setup a subscription." and here I thought it had gone F2P.   

Glad somebody else is getting this message, thought I had suspended my account somehow by trying to log in over and over.   SMILEY   Although interestingly I have 2 accounts -- one says I need to set up a subscription and the other one logs in to the patcher with no issues.  /ponder

Grumpy_Warrior_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:53 PM   #9
deneen

Loremaster

All of mine are locked....any idea when servers are gonna be up?

deneen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:10 AM   #10
Gotrot

Loremaster

eq2.zam.com has a twiter post...

UPDATE 5:25pm PST: Latest update spotted on Twitter: "We are unlikely to launch until 8:00 PM PST or later. We are terribly sorry that this maintenance has taken so long. [Isulith]"

7 hours over schedule and not expected to be up almost 12 hours over schedule with a 7am PST hotpatch already announced with another hour of down time.

I understand this was a lot of work, but with each Expansion / GU / ETC I find it strange that they don't have a productional setup that allows them to work out these issues ahead of time so the players aren't paying for it in down time.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:14 AM   #11
Finora

Tester

Well, to be fair this isn't exactly your basic expansion release. Were it just the expansion, we'd likely have seen our first 70+ beastlord by now.

Looks like it's the F2P conversion, not the expansion release that's giving them fits.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:37 AM   #12
Gotrot

Loremaster

I agree, this isn't standard for them, but I just can't believe that they don't have a system that they can sample live player data and situations to test the migration path ahead of time through the whole landscape. It wasn't like this was sprung on them a week ago or even a few months ago.

Not complaining and I do understand that there were difficulties that they didn't anticipate, just saying it amazes me each time a big change happens and they rarely meet their schedule.

In fact, it is probably my account that had things messed up for them.  SMILEY

10 characters on the bazaar, 4 on Permafrost, 1 on Unrest, 9 characters on Freeport with live subscription as well as EQ2X subscription. 

Old 12-07-2011, 02:48 AM   #13
SisterTheresa

The Vigilant

DwarvenOverlord Joined: Jul 15, 2009Messages: 45Offline

HAHAHAHAHA, Dale. Thank you, truly... I needed that laugh. #

For those of you concerned about your account status, character slots, etc., please don't panic yet. Accounts migrations are still in progress while servers are down.

When servers come back up, if things are not 100% correct on your account, STILL please do not panic. Proceed directly to our Customer Service team, who will be very happy to help sort things out for you, I promise: http://www.soe.com/support/ (no, not now - see previous paragraph about migrations still in process).

Now, let's all go back to watching and waiting in antici...... pation.

Brasse

Message edited by SOE-Brasse on 12/06/2011 11:33:09.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:10 AM   #14
Wolfe
Server: Kithicor

Loremaster

One thing I wonder. Will those of us from EQ2X that had characters on live have full access to those live toons even if we are Silver members? Personally I find it to be logical to allow access to already existing characters but sometimes my ideas are not that popular lol.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:27 AM   #15
Phuzzie

Journeyman

Ok.. Seriously confused here. I had Silver Membership with 4 slots for characters purchased Race packs etc etc prior to this change Now I find I have 2 slots and Im free ? WHAT ? did I miss the memo stating that everyone would be downgraded ? I understand that re opening an existing account would mean you have to purchase packs etc etc to get back into your account and play it. that I understand and not to confuse readers I am not re opening an account I am accessing one I was playing 2 days ago.

But to downgrade the membership status and imply I have to repay for something that was already paid for, thats messed up.

Tassian Xaosbringer

Longterm MMO LIfer from back in the days when Dwarf warriors wore a tea pot for a helmet and Ogres looked like the stay puft marshmallow man.

*If all you can do is Troll my Gramar and sentence structure then GET A LIFE, Get out the House, and stop being a burden to your mother*

Phuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:02 AM   #16
Samulbrar

Volunteer Moderator

Iad wrote:

ignore it until the servers open up.

What he said.

It's always September somewhere on the 'net.
Samulbrar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:54 AM   #17
Phuzzie

Journeyman

Works for me tks

Tassian Xaosbringer

Longterm MMO LIfer from back in the days when Dwarf warriors wore a tea pot for a helmet and Ogres looked like the stay puft marshmallow man.

*If all you can do is Troll my Gramar and sentence structure then GET A LIFE, Get out the House, and stop being a burden to your mother*

Phuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:14 AM   #18
Friyja
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: The Unfettered Hand

Loremaster

Do not panic yet.  The data merge and QA step are not finished yet.  Once servers are up, if you are having any issues, start a support ticket.

Me, I expect to have 7 slots for my 13 characters (lapsed on the Live service but bought 3 slots there) but have 5 open atm.  No iteration of the character slot math explains this number.  SMILEY  When the servers are back up I will see what the actual situation is before panicking.

Friyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:09 AM   #19
TheSpin

Loremaster

I currently have all my toons available for play now. Maybe they are doing it an account at a time, I don't know, but it's defiantely something you need to give them a chance to fix before you get too worried about it.
TheSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:48 PM   #20
Wolfe
Server: Kithicor

Loremaster

Still hoping for all access to existing toons lol...if not well guess I'll have to keep playing my newer ones.

Old 12-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #21
Valatar_EQ2

Loremaster

The servers are up and all my characters are locked (beyond limit).  I had purchased 1 additional slot using SC to try a new character class since I had all lvl 90 characters with my base account limit.  Is there confirmation that now that servers are up that this is still an issue?

Valatar_EQ2 is offline   Reply With Quote