EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-27-2011, 04:50 PM   #31
ZUES

Loremaster

Perhaps it doesn't have to be one or the other. These new "patterns" that are going to drop for create your own dungeon could include such a guild hall. But lets hope other patterns are available for SC purchase as well!

ZUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:00 AM   #32
Gungo

Loremaster

Dawkitty wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I dont think its possible to create station cash guild halls because stations cash equals OWNED by an individual. It is the same reason most station cash and LON items are heirloom and not placeable in guild halls, but 100x worse since at least you can retrieve a painting placed in a guild hall via petition or pick it up in the home/guild hall.

You cant claim a house. It is linked to an account. Guild halls are not linked to individuals.

PS who told you that LON/Station items aren't placeable in guild halls? There's a couple of guild halls I know of that are packed with both varieties of items - my own items included.

Did you even read what i wrote? I never said ALL. I said most and alot of SC are not. Also the fact remains SC items are ONLY owned by an individual. There are NO tradeable station cash items. ALL of them are notrade OR heirloom. They are ALL tied to an individual account for obvious security issues.

Gungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:12 AM   #33
arvydys

Loremaster

thesiren wrote:

ZUES wrote:

Other games make it so that if the guild leader changes servers, the guild goes with him/her and can be rebuilt after.

WoW just announced they are allowing guilds to be transferred...for an extra fee.  Think thats why this idea was mentioned in this thread

arvydys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:16 AM   #34
arvydys

Loremaster

While i have very little problems with station cash and wouldnt mind guild halls sold on it, they really should put this idea in:

Craftable guild halls, requiring work from all crafting professions.  MAJOR work.  With all the crafting content this game has, its odd they dont have craftable housing in game by now. But a big major guild project for guild hall crafting would be amazing.

arvydys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:31 AM   #35
kdmorse

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

Craftable guild halls, requiring work from all crafting professions.  MAJOR work.  With all the crafting content this game has, its odd they dont have craftable housing in game by now. But a big major guild project for guild hall crafting would be amazing.

Neat idea, a Fresh idea, I kinda like it.  It's exactly in the right area, a true 'guild accomplishment'.  Maybe that's how we should get 'plain' guild halls to start decorating.

kdmorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:34 AM   #36
Ruut Li

Loremaster

Why does it have to be SC?

Ruut Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:23 AM   #37
Nrgy

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected]_old wrote:

Neat idea, a Fresh idea, I kinda like it.  It's exactly in the right area, a true 'guild accomplishment'.  Maybe that's how we should get 'plain' guild halls to start decorating.

That was a new idea when the concept of "building" a house  / GH was introduced in Horizons...

Nrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #38
Valdaglerion

Loremaster

I find the number of people begging for new things to be added solely to SC disturbing.

I am hoping the new dungeon designer technology once tweaked will be extended to housing and guild halls whereby you would be able to design a house or guild hall effectively from scratch within the confines of a map area desginated by the starting address you choose to build on.

The dev team seems to have been steadily dwindling in this title over the last several years, seems to have really started around the time of RoK. It would seem SOE needs to look more towards the building of dev kits for their community to ensure the majority of future content. They have the rating system built, I think it is quite possible that system which allows instant visitation of a house and rating could be the basis for a system to visit and rate player built dungeons as well in the potential future. Much depends on how well the first testing of player built dungeons goes would be my guess.

Valdaglerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:10 PM   #39
Jovie
Server: Guk

Can't decide...

I'm gonna go out on a limb (prepared for the rotten tomato assault) and request this from the developers.

Please put in SC guild halls for sale.

-Rent free (or reduced rent)

-amenities depending on the level purchased

-varity of "skins" available, depending on city and location.

Now before you launch into the hate, SoE needs to realize what a freaking cash cow this would be.

Granted, most folks who guild up would stay guilded and have no use for this, but for the other people who tend to do their own thing and would like to invest in something, this woud be good.

Heck, even for the fully guilded people i bet dollars to donuts that you would see these fly off the shef for the occasional alt army.

Do not argue that guild halls should be about time and effort invested. No. SC is about avoiding the mess and getting it now.

It is not game breaking, it does not affect the adventure sphere. It does not provide bonuses while out in the field.

SoE wants to make more money, some of us are willing to pay for the things we want.

Hook us up.

and if it has to be something high like 50 or 100, so be it.

Jovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:41 PM   #40
Zannah

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I'm gonna go out on a limb (prepared for the rotten tomato assault) and request this from the developers.

Please put in SC guild halls for sale.

-Rent free (or reduced rent)

-amenities depending on the level purchased

-varity of "skins" available, depending on city and location.

Now before you launch into the hate, SoE needs to realize what a freaking cash cow this would be.

Granted, most folks who guild up would stay guilded and have no use for this, but for the other people who tend to do their own thing and would like to invest in something, this woud be good.

Heck, even for the fully guilded people i bet dollars to donuts that you would see these fly off the shef for the occasional alt army.

Do not argue that guild halls should be about time and effort invested. No. SC is about avoiding the mess and getting it now.

It is not game breaking, it does not affect the adventure sphere. It does not provide bonuses while out in the field.

SoE wants to make more money, some of us are willing to pay for the things we want.

Hook us up.

and if it has to be something high like 50 or 100, so be it.

If this happens it'll prolly be EQ2X only (until all Live servers get converted to F2P)

Paying real cash for an item that your Silver subbed chars can't buy even with the proper guild level fits that model perfectly.

[email protected]Mistmoore Permafrost 90 Shadow Knight

[email protected]Mistmoore Permafrost 71 Templar (Ret)

Aerica et [email protected]

EQ1

[email protected]The Tribunal Bristlebane-The Tribunal (Ret)

Zannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #41
Jovie
Server: Guk

Can't decide...

The stuff the f2p server can buy that we cannot isn't all that good. There really is nothing useful on it in my eyes.

It is all about the fluff to me.

Speaking as a paying customer on the pay for play environment, i am fine with most things, but i would almost certainly be willing to dump a 100 dollars into a virtual playground guild hall that i don't have to grind to get the amenity levels and i don't have to grind to keep it open.

It is somewhat similar to the attraction of the free forever houses. Player gets the house and doesn't have to worry about upkeep ever again.

I am positive i am not alone in this desire.

Jovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:54 PM   #42
ZUES

Loremaster

I seriously hope this dungeon creator has a tool that we can use in houses and guild halls. The editor is a nightmare to use!

ZUES is offline   Reply With Quote