EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Norrathian Homeshow
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-09-2010, 03:17 AM   #1
Arboreal

Loremaster

Ok, I visited the heights & manors.  None of them look like what I'm seeing here.  I've been away from the game for 2 years and just came back, so I guess I missed the teleporters, which some are using to create their own outdoor areas.  Also, after looking at the screenshots, I'm guessing there are grass tiles and super creative players who create their outdoor space indoors, yes?

However, there was a particular set of screenshots that looked to me like outdoors.  One shot had a caster player standing in front of their "house's" front door, which looked like a stone cottage of sorts.  To the left was grass with a horse tied up and it looked like a yard to me on both sides.  It was an awesome screenshot.  There were also shots of an outdoor stone patio in this same set.  Does anyone know which house I'm talking about?

So, no housing has actual outdoor space, like a front or back yard with grass, trees, etc?  You have to be creative and make your own?

Ancient Ones

EQ Ancient Ones of Xegony &
EQII Ancient Ones of Guk
Arboreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:53 AM   #2
Bratface

Loremaster

Since you played long ago you may have old tokens left from world events, if so you can turn them into florets for he most recent event and buy teleporters from the merchant at the druid ring in Stonebrunt Highlands.

If not and you don't have a friend that can place a couple for you, just wait until the next world event, I imagine it wont be long until the next one SMILEY

Usually we use the layout file to place the teleporters "outside" of our actual house to get us outside, as you saw int he screenshot you mentioned. Anyone can do it, and Jesdyr has made a very nice program to help out with layouts, there is a sticky at the top of this forum for th Layout Editor.

Bratface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:08 AM   #3
Jazabelle
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Homes and Tomes

Loremaster

Arboreal wrote:

Ok, I visited the heights & manors.  None of them look like what I'm seeing here.  I've been away from the game for 2 years and just came back, so I guess I missed the teleporters, which some are using to create their own outdoor areas.  Also, after looking at the screenshots, I'm guessing there are grass tiles and super creative players who create their outdoor space indoors, yes?

However, there was a particular set of screenshots that looked to me like outdoors.  One shot had a caster player standing in front of their "house's" front door, which looked like a stone cottage of sorts.  To the left was grass with a horse tied up and it looked like a yard to me on both sides.  It was an awesome screenshot.  There were also shots of an outdoor stone patio in this same set.  Does anyone know which house I'm talking about?

So, no housing has actual outdoor space, like a front or back yard with grass, trees, etc?  You have to be creative and make your own?

In the screenshot you are talking about... the player most likely made the house entirely. The LAND existed (Gorowyn and Halas both have beachfront property you can build on, if you have a teleporter to get out there), the house didn't. The player built the house.

All of the large houses have "outdoor zones" now that porches have been added. The ground isn't always solid, but it looks like it is. Qeynos and Freeport's "outdoor zones" are within the city, so they're not as useful for breaking out and building if you want to build your own home.

Gorowyn and Halas both have beachfront property, as I said. Neriak is also within the city... but Neriak is a cave. And Kelethin has the platforms.

Personally, I like to build my own platforms in Kelethin, because it loads almost instantly, and it's a lot of space. Not as aesthetically pleasing as a beachfront house, buuut... we can't have everything.

As you missed out on the teleporters, you may want to advertise on your server that you're looking to buy some. A lot of players stocked up on tokens, and some are willing to part with a teleporter pair in exchange for plat. You'll have to trustee the person to your house so they can drop the teleport pads, then you can take trustee away.

Blog: Homes and Tomes

"I keep a can of Raid next to my bed in case there are drachnids. It is the only Raid gear I have." -- Elogrim
Jazabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:21 PM   #4
Arboreal

Loremaster

Great info folks!  Thanks so much!

Ancient Ones

EQ Ancient Ones of Xegony &
EQII Ancient Ones of Guk
Arboreal is offline   Reply With Quote