EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-27-2010, 01:54 AM   #1
PcJUNKE

Loremaster

Pets currently break on death, when are they being fixed so we dont have to recast two pets every time we die. Also if you happen to die with a pet in dimensional storage it will come out as an appentrice version of the pet even if the pet is mastered. The same occurs when you die and are revived the pet will apprentice. It is breaking an AA and destroying a classes DPS. Fix it.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:29 AM   #2
anamii

Loremaster

fix this pet bug summoners are disadvantaged enoughwithout having to resummon our pet every death due to non master pet popping on death

anamii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:13 AM   #3
PcJUNKE

Loremaster

Exactly last night during an instance I got killed on pull yay! I got rezed immediatly and the mob was at 45% before my pet was recast and attacking, this is preventing conjs and necros from doing their job DPS!

Old 05-27-2010, 10:24 AM   #4
Carthr

General

anamii wrote:

fix this pet bug summoners are disadvantaged enough without having to resummon our pet every death due to non master pet popping on death

LOL...RIGHT...Summoners disadvantaged.. LOL...  Oh man are you funny... Thanks for the laugh..

Carthr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:41 AM   #5
PcJUNKE

Loremaster

Carthrax wrote:

anamii wrote:

fix this pet bug summoners are disadvantaged enough without having to resummon our pet every death due to non master pet popping on death

LOL...RIGHT...Summoners disadvantaged.. LOL...  Oh man are you funny... Thanks for the laugh..

So you dont think its a disadvantage that we have to wait 6-10 seconds to cast a pet while wizzys and assassins and warlocks can get rezzed Ice comet, assassinate, or rift? it is a disadvantage and it is breaking the class atm.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:02 AM   #6
Elorah

Loremaster

I don't think this bug is limited to summoners....

I have been playing my illusionist lately and noticed that when I die, my pet stays active, but does not take away my buff slots if that makes any sense.  It allows me to cast more buffs even though my pet is active.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:07 AM   #7
Carthr

General

[email protected] wrote:

Carthrax wrote:

anamii wrote:

So you dont think its a disadvantage that we have to wait 6-10 seconds to cast a pet while wizzys and assassins and warlocks can get rezzed Ice comet, assassinate, or rift? it is a disadvantage and it is breaking the class atm.

And you don't think it's a disadvantage for a chanter to recast their buffs, or for a coercer to COMPLETELY lose their pet?

And it doesn't break the class, stop being so dramatic

Old 05-27-2010, 12:01 PM   #8
Sunbaked

Loremaster

I'm gonna have to agree with Carthrax.

If you kill a mob ingame that has a pet, the pet dies as soon as it's "master" does. Why should players be any different? And yes I play a conjuror.

Since raids are about how the group performs your pet not being out for 6-10 seconds won't make or break the raid. It wouldn't be detrimental to a group either.

You sure this is a broken game mechanic or is your game personna taking a hit your ego can't stand?

(I had to use "game personna" because e p e e n is a censored word ...  why?)

Sunbaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:24 PM   #9
Badmotorfinger
Server: Venekor
Guild: Forgotten Legends

Lord

Carthrax wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Carthrax wrote:

anamii wrote:

And you don't think it's a disadvantage for a chanter to recast their buffs, or for a coercer to COMPLETELY lose their pet?

Summoners still have a bunch of buffs for the pet AFTER they spend the 6 seconds casting it....  and oh no... a coercer losing it's pet is such a detriment..

Good lord, it's a broken mechanic, and it'll get fixed...  After it's fixed, we still need to buff our pet after rezing... so relax.

Badmotorfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:27 PM   #10
Yimway

Loremaster

Pro tip - don't die.

Also, last I checked your pet is not affected by your res effects, the resummoning is the death penalty.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #11
Valdimere

Lord

Honestly, what's next?  Completely remove death all together?

The fact that they don't make you recast buffs after death was bad enough.  If they make it so you have no effect from dieing, then there is no reason to even have death in the game.

Stop getting agro and dieing.  You're in a group with a tank.  Let the tank do his/her job.  If you die, then it's your fault.

I swear people get more whiny in MMOs every year.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:42 PM   #12
Arlian

Loremaster

Last you checked must have been a long time ago, then. Pets have respawned with the caster after death for some time now.

The problem is since the last patch they are respawning Apprentice.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:48 PM   #13
Badmotorfinger

Lord

Valdimere wrote:

The fact that they don't make you recast buffs after death was bad enough.  If they make it so you have no effect from dieing, then there is no reason to even have death in the game.

Stop getting agro and dieing.  You're in a group with a tank.  Let the tank do his/her job.  If you die, then it's your fault.

[Removed for Content] does this have to do with the bug?  When did this board become EQ2Flames?

Old 05-27-2010, 12:50 PM   #14
Valdimere

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Valdimere wrote:

[Removed for Content] does this have to do with the bug?  When did this board become EQ2Flames?

>.>

<.<

Nope.. don't see the EQ2Flames logo.  You must be seeing things.  -_-

Old 05-27-2010, 12:53 PM   #15
Badmotorfinger

Lord

lol, well [Removed for Content]. 

Old 05-27-2010, 01:15 PM   #16
Banditman

Loremaster

Valdimere wrote:

Hopefully, bug fixes.  You might have heard the term before.

Really?  You don't have to rebuff after death?  You are one of the few.  Yes, *some* buffs persist, but for *many* classes, the vast majority of their buffs *still* have to be recast after every death.

I see, so when a Summoner gets owned by back to back AE's, it's their fault?  Really?  When a mob mem wipes and takes them out, it's my fault?  When another DPS takes aggro and the mob frontals, it's my fault?  Really?

Maybe so, but this isn't one of those cases.  This is a bug, being reported, and the report being ignored. 

Old 05-27-2010, 01:23 PM   #17
Bunji

Build Master

We're aware of this issue and trying to get it fixed asap.

Bunji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:15 PM   #18
PcJUNKE

Loremaster

Sunbaked wrote:

If you kill a mob ingame that has a pet, the pet dies as soon as it's "master" does. Why should players be any different? And yes I play a conjuror.

Since raids are about how the group performs your pet not being out for 6-10 seconds won't make or break the raid. It wouldn't be detrimental to a group either.

You sure this is a broken game mechanic or is your game personna taking a hit your ego can't stand?

Carthrax wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Carthrax wrote:

anamii wrote:

Both of you(Carthrax and Sunbaked) are not reading this thread, pets are not just disappearing or dying requiring the need to recast (thats what dimensional stoarage AA is for). Pets are going from Master 1 down to apprentice upon death Pets persist though death unless they are killed before you die. They arent just dying, you clearly dont understand what is going on.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:17 PM   #19
PcJUNKE

Loremaster

Bunji wrote:

Looks like it is an issue and not some new form of death penalty from the Devs =O

Old 05-27-2010, 02:29 PM   #20
Dorsan
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx

Loremaster

Carthrax wrote:

Carthax, this is a bug and by trying to defend it you just show your lack of knowledge about a topic you are writing about on a public forum.

Sunbaked wrote:

Sunbaked, this is a bug and by trying to defend it you just show your lack of knowledge about a topic you are writing about on a public forum.

[email protected] wrote:

Pro tip - don't die.

Also, last I checked your pet is not affected by your res effects, the resummoning is the death penalty.

Atan, this is a bug and by trying to defend it you just show your lack of knowledge about a topic you are writing about on a public forum.

Valdimere wrote:

Valdimere, this is a bug and by trying to defend it you just show your lack of knowledge about a topic you are writing about on a public forum.

So Carthax, Sunbaked, Atan and Valdimere, do you play summoners? No? Then please stop posting in threads that are of no concern to you. Thank you.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #21
Dorsan
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx

Loremaster

Bunji wrote:

Thanks for the info, there are tons of threads about this bug and since we had no dev response in any of them I was beginning to worry. Sorry about the whole llama thing in my last bugreport. SMILEY

Old 05-28-2010, 03:36 AM   #22
Alienor

Loremaster

Can we have Lich selfbuff also be persistent through death SMILEY? Thanks for looking at the pet thingy (and mentioning it here), much appreciated!
Alienor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:42 AM   #23
Carthr

General

Yup, lack of knowledge... Maybe I should start QQing about coercer issues, but wait..  They don't listen!!

Old 05-28-2010, 01:21 PM   #24
Carthington

Loremaster

Bunji wrote:

hey Bunji, is your last name jump? SMILEY

But this is good devs aware of this.....quite annoying tho

Old 06-02-2010, 12:33 AM   #25
acctlc

Loremaster

Was hoping this would make the first hotfix..any update available??
Old 06-02-2010, 05:20 AM   #26
Allforgrog

Loremaster

Carthrax wrote:

Yup, lack of knowledge... Maybe I should start QQing about coercer issues, but wait..  They don't listen!!

/facepalm

Happy to see the dev responce, will be nice not to make the group/raid wait, as it was when working as intented.

Allforgrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:39 AM   #27
Elorah

Loremaster

Bunji wrote:

Thanks Bunji...  would you happen to know if a fix is also being looked for the Illusionist Personae bug as well?

Old 06-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #28
Yask

General

Yeah this needs to be fixed ASAP!

Its even worse if you die in BG's!

Old 06-02-2010, 03:07 PM   #29
Shareana

Lead Volunteer Moderator

Ok then..  all clean now...  and moved SMILEY

Shareana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:24 PM   #30
acctlc

Loremaster

Oy..moved to subclass forums. Why do I get the sinking suspicion this bug will persist through the rest of the xpac......