EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2009, 11:50 AM   #31
Sheira

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 74
Default

Will Permafrost be getting a do-over as well? Please say yes, that was horrible. SMILEY

Sheira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:46 PM   #32
Kiara

Community Relations
Kiara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,359
Default

I wasn't planning a do-over for perma, because we were able to continue the party...  But if we really need to, I can find somewhere to squeeze it in.  I think.

As for the RP servers being in character...  Sure, why not!

The PvP server are going to be come at your own risk, btw.  I don't have a way of preventing PvP, so be aware that you can get killed.  Yes, this includes killing me a few times SMILEY

Kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:16 PM   #33
shadowgate

Loremaster
shadowgate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Permafrost
Posts: 267
Default

Would be great to have a do over for Perm as many of my guildies couldnt even get into or out of the zone and so many of the other didn't even try due to fearing crashing or getting stuck. "Next time" would it help this problem if the party was spread over two zones instead of one (like one for Freeport and one for Qeynos) or is it purely a server crashing issue?

__________________
Shadowgates 90 lvl Wizard / 90 Sage - League of The Ignoble Liver - Permafrost Server

Avathar 90 lvl Warden

Yarrr 90 lvl Dirge

Blackmyth 69 lvl Necro

shadowgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:35 PM   #34
Kitsune

Loremaster
Kitsune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: West coast USA
Posts: 624
Default

Kiara, I am terrible at getting news when online. What Channel should I listen to on the day on Splitpaw? And I read somewhere that the gathering was at the Claymore in Antonica. Is that correct, please? Thanks! SMILEY

Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:48 PM   #35
Kiara

Community Relations
Kiara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,359
Default

Kitsune wrote:

Kiara, I am terrible at getting news when online. What Channel should I listen to on the day on Splitpaw? And I read somewhere that the gathering was at the Claymore in Antonica. Is that correct, please? Thanks!

It is SMILEY  And I will make a server broadcast so that everyone can see it without being in any particular channel SMILEY

Kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:58 PM   #36
Eveningsong

Tester
Eveningsong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,844
Default

Btw, you might want to consider de-popping the Qeynos guards at the Claymore for any remaining parties.  Last night they were apparently not very friendly to evils who wanted to join the festivities SMILEY.

Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:37 AM   #37
Kitsune

Loremaster
Kitsune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: West coast USA
Posts: 624
Default

Thank you, Kiara. SMILEY Message passed on.

Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:21 PM   #38
Kiara

Community Relations
Kiara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,359
Default

Due to requests for a do-over party for Perma since they had crashing issues, I've gone ahead and scheduled another party for you guys.

4pm PDT tomorrow, April 24th.

See you there!

Kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:48 AM   #39
Jesdyr
Server: Unrest
Guild: Curmudgeons
Rank: Senior Officer

Loremaster
Jesdyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,710
Default

Kiara crashed unrest as well SMILEY

Jesdyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:23 PM   #40
Kiara

Community Relations
Kiara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,359
Default

I know... So badly that Rothgar logged in to keep me in line SMILEY

Do-over party for Unrest = May 5th (tuesday) at 4:30pm PDT.

Hopefully with less crashing.

Kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:17 PM   #41
Kiara

Community Relations
Kiara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,359
Default

Perma do-over party delayed due to login server issues.  This is being worked on as we speak, but it looks like we'll have to re-reschedule Perma.

So... My calendar says 5:30pm PDT on Tuesday May, 5th.

If it turns out that we need to reschedule Nagafen as well (if the login servers aren't up by 5pm PDT today) we'll have you guys on wednesday May 6th, at 4:30pm PDT.

Nagafen gtg in about 20 minutes!

Kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:50 PM   #42
Kiara

Community Relations
Kiara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,359
Default

Nagafen party canceled due to abuse.

We'll reschedule it for Wednesday May 6th at 4pm PDT.  It will be held in the Community Lounge where PvP is disabled.

Thank you.

Kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:54 PM   #43
Cloakentuna

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 853
Default

To be fair, in your server-wide message you did say some at your own risk because PvP will not be disabled.

Cloakentuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:03 PM   #44
Gleamblade

Loremaster
Gleamblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7
Default

Kiara wrote:

I wasn't planning a do-over for perma, because we were able to continue the party...  But if we really need to, I can find somewhere to squeeze it in.  I think.

As for the RP servers being in character...  Sure, why not!

The PvP server are going to be come at your own risk, btw.  I don't have a way of preventing PvP, so be aware that you can get killed.  Yes, this includes killing me a few times

Hehe... guess not dieing once but being attacked is abuse in her book.

Gleamblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:07 PM   #45
Chaosretu

General
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 260
Default

Kiara wrote:

Nagafen party canceled due to abuse.

We'll reschedule it for Wednesday May 6th at 4pm PDT.  It will be held in the Community Lounge where PvP is disabled.

Thank you.

Its a pvp server, there will be pvp. Show some professionalism please or don't come back. You say there will be pvp then cancel it because theres pvp?

__________________
Chaosretu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:20 PM   #46
Kiara

Community Relations
Kiara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,359
Default

It was canceled because it was being abused.  People were attacking me to the point where I couldn't conduct the event.  The verbal abuse in tells was fun too.

We'll have it somewhere that PvP is disabled next time.

Kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:39 PM   #47
Rashaak

Loremaster
Rashaak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,413
Default

Chaosreturn wrote:

Kiara wrote:

Nagafen party canceled due to abuse.

We'll reschedule it for Wednesday May 6th at 4pm PDT.  It will be held in the Community Lounge where PvP is disabled.

Thank you.

Its a pvp server, there will be pvp. Show some professionalism please or don't come back. You say there will be pvp then cancel it because theres pvp?

hrm...so lets see...The PVP peeps ganking a Community Manager hosting an event in-game to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of the game that you play unrelentlessly to where they are unable to actually "HOST" the event isn't being abusive?   Wow...just...wow... 

PvP reaches a new low... 

Yes it is a PvP server, but there is still a EULA to be followed...not following it will just mean your playing your PvP else where.

lol...

*grabs the popcorn*

Rashaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:00 AM   #48
Chaosretu

General
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 260
Default

Rashaak wrote:

Chaosreturn wrote:

Kiara wrote:

Nagafen party canceled due to abuse.

We'll reschedule it for Wednesday May 6th at 4pm PDT.  It will be held in the Community Lounge where PvP is disabled.

Thank you.

Its a pvp server, there will be pvp. Show some professionalism please or don't come back. You say there will be pvp then cancel it because theres pvp?

hrm...so lets see...The PVP peeps ganking a Community Manager hosting an event in-game to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of the game that you play unrelentlessly to where they are unable to actually "HOST" the event isn't being abusive?   Wow...just...wow... 

PvP reaches a new low... 

Yes it is a PvP server, but there is still a EULA to be followed...not following it will just mean your playing your PvP else where.

lol...

*grabs the popcorn*

She said that she WOULD GET ATTACKED. I want someone else hosting the event if the person who is hosting is gona come in and warn everyone there will be pvp then gets attacked and cancels the event because she gets attacked.

As for the tells, well hey. Everyone on the server hates the GM, dev and kiara right now for breaking the eula and allowing people to engage encounters and be immune for pvp. Can't do anything about that and I doubt they will stop Wednesday.

Its a pvp server. I came to the event fully expecting pvp to be a part of it. Then for it to be cancelled because there was Pvp. Truely a dissapointing.

__________________
Chaosretu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:25 AM   #49
Kiara

Community Relations
Kiara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,359
Default

It wasn't canceled because I got attacked... It got canceled because I was attacked to the point where I couldn't even give out the gifts.

Excessive != reasonable amounts of PvP.

Kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:37 AM   #50
kittenkabood

General
kittenkabood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 118
Default

Chaosreturn wrote:

As for the tells, well hey. Everyone on the server hates the GM, dev and kiara right now for breaking the eula and allowing people to engage encounters and be immune for pvp.

Repetition still doesnt make it true.

__________________
kittenkabood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:43 AM   #51
Rashaak

Loremaster
Rashaak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,413
Default

Chaosreturn wrote:

Rashaak wrote:

Chaosreturn wrote:

Kiara wrote:

Nagafen party canceled due to abuse.

We'll reschedule it for Wednesday May 6th at 4pm PDT.  It will be held in the Community Lounge where PvP is disabled.

Thank you.

Its a pvp server, there will be pvp. Show some professionalism please or don't come back. You say there will be pvp then cancel it because theres pvp?

hrm...so lets see...The PVP peeps ganking a Community Manager hosting an event in-game to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of the game that you play unrelentlessly to where they are unable to actually "HOST" the event isn't being abusive?   Wow...just...wow... 

PvP reaches a new low... 

Yes it is a PvP server, but there is still a EULA to be followed...not following it will just mean your playing your PvP else where.

lol...

*grabs the popcorn*

She said that she WOULD GET ATTACKED. I want someone else hosting the event if the person who is hosting is gona come in and warn everyone there will be pvp then gets attacked and cancels the event because she gets attacked.

As for the tells, well hey. Everyone on the server hates the GM, dev and kiara right now for breaking the eula and allowing people to engage encounters and be immune for pvp. Can't do anything about that and I doubt they will stop Wednesday.

Its a pvp server. I came to the event fully expecting pvp to be a part of it. Then for it to be cancelled because there was Pvp. Truely a dissapointing.

Your play on words is humorous...seriously! Of course she said she would get attacked however showing a bit of respect and acting your age instead of your shoe size would of been a lot better don't you think? Luckily the inconsiderate and idotic behavior of those on PvP will not ruin event for those on other servers that may actually want to partake in the events rather than attempt to avenge some silly vendetta that really has no premise on the event at all.

Rashaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:53 AM   #52
Chaosretu

General
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 260
Default

You obviously know nothing of the pvp server so don't comment on things you don't understand.

__________________
Chaosretu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:53 AM   #53
Spyderbite
Server: Venekor
Guild: Dark Vengeance
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Spyderbite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,262
Default

And people wonder why many folks on Venekor don't want to be merged with Nagafen. It's not that we're scared of the PvP.. its that we're disgusted by the attitudes.

Spyderbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:06 AM   #54
Thundy

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 123
Default

Kiara wrote:

It wasn't canceled because I got attacked... It got canceled because I was attacked to the point where I couldn't even give out the gifts.

Excessive != reasonable amounts of PvP.

You went there PvP-enabled?

lol..... somehow I don't think you thought your cunning plan all the way through.

__________________
__________________
Tirinya - 80 Swashbuckler - Nektulos
Guild Leader, [Clan Lupar]
Thundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:53 PM   #55
Powers

Loremaster
Powers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 664
Default

Chaosreturn wrote:

Its a pvp server. I came to the event fully expecting pvp to be a part of it. Then for it to be cancelled because there was Pvp. Truely a dissapointing.

It was canceled because she couldn't hand out gifts, which is half the point of the parties.  (Maybe a third of the point on PvP servers, but still.)

If she'd had a chance to hand out goodies, then I'm sure the party wouldn't have been canceled.

Powers  &8^]

Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:56 PM   #56
Powers

Loremaster
Powers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 664
Default

[email protected] wrote:

And people wonder why many folks on Venekor don't want to be merged with Nagafen. It's not that we're scared of the PvP.. its that we're disgusted by the attitudes.

It's the same reason I was arguing against allowing extensive PvP in Star Trek Online.  Lots of people can be mature about it, but the vocal, immature minority poisons any discussion about the game.  I saw it in the SWG forums, and I see it here; it's inevitable if there's PvP going on.

I personally would prefer not to attract that type of player, but that's not fair to the mature majority who enjoy a well-fought battle more than they enjoy trash talking.

Powers  &8^]

Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:40 PM   #57
hellfire

Loremaster
hellfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 1,842
Default

Wow what did ya think would happen on a pvp server if your not immune.

Common sense people common sense.....and yes it is common sense to exspect to be attack over and over and over ...even if you do work for SOE.....or any game period.

__________________
Summoner pets are 1/3 the dps of a summoner and yet our stats and modifiers do not affect them.Since a pet is 1/3 a summoners dps,a summoner receives 2/3 benefit from gear when compared to any other class.

SHARED STATS AND MODIFIERS ARE A MUST!

FIX SUMMONERS IN 08!

FIX SUMMONERS IN 09!

FIX SUMMONERS IN 10!


2011 and Finally we are Fixed!

/Rides off into the sunset
hellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:23 PM   #58
Silerua

Lord
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 262
Default

I'm pretty sure Kiara was trying to be respectful of the circumstances... that it is a PvP server... instead of arriving, being immune, and expecting you all to participate in her event while she was not participating in the environment (key - PARTICIPATING, not being harrassed).  It's the same respect she did show / will show (not sure if she's been there yet) to the RP community by holding the event in-character.

The lack of respect in return is what is the problem here.  She was trying to do something for you all.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should -- THAT is the common sense that you should be acknowledging.

*sigh*

[EDIT]  While I have not played PvP on EQ2, I have played many games that were pure PvP or mostly PvP before, and have been involved in GM events that have gone like this, or have gone well.  It is not impossible to enjoy an event in a PvP environment.  In fact, some of them were really fun.

Silerua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:46 PM   #59
Thundersoul
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Valor and Virtue
Rank: Minor Seeker

Loremaster
Thundersoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 23
Default

Kiara wrote:

It wasn't canceled because I got attacked... It got canceled because I was attacked to the point where I couldn't even give out the gifts.

Excessive != reasonable amounts of PvP.

Thats the hug problem with PVP andevents Kiara your going too get people who whole duty is gank you too the breaking point which is the only reason I do not do PVP. I am sure the PVP events goes better SMILEY

__________________
Thundersoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:33 PM   #60
Juravael

Loremaster
Juravael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 997
Default

Frankly let us just ignore that this was on a PVP server... The fact that she was abused, ganked, ganged up on or whatever you want to call it and attacked in private tells ( which is personal by the way ) and she then decided to cancel the EVENT, is more than reasonable. When the staff host events for the playerbase to enjoy we should embrace that and build upon that, not attack them personally. I find your ((the players crying because the event was cancelled due to thier OWN actions )) attitudes and frame of minds to be sad to say the least.

** edited to fix a typing error.

Juravael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:49 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.