EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Mystic
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-23-2008, 01:17 PM   #31
Oakum

Loremaster

kyrrah wrote:
TalonFett wrote:
I'm very upset about our incoming nerf but I doubt me posting how devs should BUFF other classes' mythicals and leave us ALONE  would change anyone's mind. SMILEY

Yes, the dev's find it easier to reduce instead of buff, maybe because they are afraid of mudflation of effects, ect requiring mob hp/abilities to be inflated to match it which would really make the other epics, classes suck even worse.

I know that for 3 years wardens have posted about the lack of raid utility and it hasnt changed. The only real good part of the warden mythical is the power regen which is just buffed up slightly from the fabled portion. The 3 hit during a 12 sec period stoneskin that cant even be cast on ourselves to prevent our death from an incoming physical aoe that other group members will survive due to higher mit and we cant even joust away from for whatever reason and doesnt stack with the other stoneskins in a MT group is really dissappointing also.  The rest of the effects like plus heal, plus heal crit are of less importantance at the level where a player can get the mythical due to other gear already buffing them up.

I dont see anything wrong with the mystic mythical from a player perspective and think it should be left alone unless mystics are being preferred to other healer classes in a raid because of it. The devs probably think it is making raids too easy or something is the only reason besides that I can see for them to reduce it and any other mythical.

I hope mystics have a lot better luck with your issues then wardens( the druid out dps'ed by cleric and shamen with no raid utility) have had with their for the last 3 years.

Old 07-23-2008, 01:49 PM   #32
Kellin

Loremaster

There's been a lot of good information here.  Speaking as a barely raids, mostly groups mystic:

Mythical:  I don't know, and I only care in a very peripheral way about the upcoming nerf.  I most likely won't see my mythical for a year or more, unless for some reason I feel the need to pay one of the major raiding guilds on my server for the opportunity to get one.  So while I don't like seeing anything nerfed, I can't say I have any stake in this part of the discussion.

Fabled epic:  I don't like that the effect only procs for beneficial spells.  If I'm doing my job properly, I only have to cast one or two beneficial spells for the entire encounter.  The rest of the time, I'm debuffing and fighting.

Spear vs. cudgel:  I'm an odd one; I've used clubs for pretty much the whole time.  I don't really care that the epic is a cudgel, I care that it looks like a beehive on a stick.  My only consolation is that it doesn't look like some sadistic sex toy, like the templar epic.

Cannibalize:  Big issue for me.  I don't have all the nice raid gear from T8.  I'm still wearing my Labs set pants (for the mana flow) and my cannibalize hat from T7.  I've tried "upgrading," and I end up with power problems every time.  I have to do a lot of compromising on gear because mystics do not have one of their class defining abilities.  Defilers have it, so it can't be overpowered.  Even mages get it.  Fix this.

Dogdog:  I've never even bothered with the STR line.  Anything that depends on a proc from a pet that dies if you look at it isn't worth the AA.  While I'm glad to see them toughen it up, I'm still unlikely to use the STR AA line.  I only use him now when soloing (manafree DoT) and for pulling.

Cure AA line:  This line was useless even before the cure change.  The only reason to get it was for the Immunities at the end.  22 AA spent so I can get something a fraction as good as a templar.  Pfft.  Still, I do use it and do need it.  If the cure line is revamped, please don't do away with immunities.  Too many encounters absolutely need it.

Ancestral Balm:  Useless now.  Enough said.

T8 set pieces:  I've heard they are making some changes here, so I'll wait until afterwards to comment.

I realize that most of the posts here are from people who say they're only "casual" raiders.  I consider myself "casual" when it comes to raiding, and VP isn't casual.  I really hope that the devs remember that there are a lot of us out there for whom raiding still means a pickup in Protector's Realm, and make sure to take a look at the non-mythical, non-fabled wearing mystics.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:23 PM   #33
Kiara

Community Relations

Hey guys, I stickied this to make it easier for everyone to use.
Kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:17 AM   #34
Jokai
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster

Any of the wards, when I am solo they show the shield effect (three purple diamonds, pulsing). Soon as I join a group, the effect only goes onto the pet so I can't see the shields on anybody. Particle Effects are maxed. (Or am I missing something here?)
Jokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 04:23 PM   #35
Kellin

Loremaster

I have one more issue.  It's kind of stupid.  But not.

Please please please change the icon for Shelter.  Please.  It's identical to my single target ward icon, and it makes it very difficult to tell when I need to recast my ward.  Change the background to another color or something.

Pretty please?

Old 09-20-2008, 08:36 PM   #36
Sandain666

Loremaster

Dogdog

I am actually pleased with the changes to the pet. Good job.

Mythical

Spirit Tap, Recast time is WAY too long considering the substantial nerf our Epic has suffered. ( I give this effect a 4 out of 10 score in its current form)

Damage and delay are OK ( 9 out of 10)

Tribal Rage: Remove the beneficial spell cast chance just have it activate on euip. In its current form this effect is of little value when soloing or when in a group full of casters ( 5 out of 10)

6 Heal crit : Nice (8 out of 10)

Spiritual Warding: A nice effect. It compliments the class very well . ( 8 out of 10)

+10 Disruption : Not really sure how this compliments the class. Not very useful for me but maybe others find it useful ( neutral on this)

125+ spell and heal amount: Not bad (7 out of 10)

The fact our Epic is a club. It should have been a spear. It would be nice if someone bothered to at least give us the reasoning behind making our epic a club ( 0 out of 10)

Sandain666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:22 PM   #37
Scrag
Server: Befallen
Guild: Lunar Dawn

Loremaster

Fix my dog! Seriously, it's only been 3 months since I've been able to use him for any type of offense or pulling. He doesn't even auto-attack if I set him to protect mode.1. When attempting to pet-pull he stops at random locations on the path and will go no further.2. When sending him in to attack even if I am standing 3m from the mob he does not move in and just stands there.3. Combat logs show that while he is facing a close mob while I have him set to auto-protect, he is not attacking.This is more often than not and I can replicate it with consistency. It is very rare that my pet works properly and I have had to re-structure Achievements around this problem. It sure would be nice to get Booboo back in the fray.
Scrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:05 AM   #38
attila

Loremaster

I just saw new mystic aa, please keep in mind "mystic its scout" and remove all spell damage for combat art damage. And now i hope resurrect eof aa will be changed, because with new healer aa (24 man 100 meter range 100% power and HP revive apples rev sickness) its absolutely useless.

Surreal
attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:53 AM   #39
attila

Loremaster

Give us possibility to use dual wield for all new aa!

Surreal
Old 09-23-2008, 11:44 AM   #40
Elephanton

General

attila wrote:
learn the game before asking for useless crap like this
Elephanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:44 PM   #41
Scrag
Server: Befallen
Guild: Lunar Dawn

Loremaster

attila wrote:
Really? Of all possible AA's you want a dual wield? Maybe you should re-roll a swashy.
Scrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:32 PM   #42
attila

Loremaster

all new aa its crap. solo heal not uses in raid, group res we already have, 15% cast speed - lol i capped cast speed in raid, spell damage - i didnt use a spell! and do around 5-6k dps. 10%base heal and ward  its good but i didnt see encounter where i need more heal. But we have mythic which useless in intance content if it able to wear dual in make mithic more useable like offhand weapon.

Surreal
Old 09-25-2008, 06:37 AM   #43
Verrie77

Loremaster

Lunar AttendentThis little fella needs work. Compared to Defilers this is so crap. I dont even have it on my hotbar anymore.Defilers pet wards for around 800 ish over and over and over and over...our pet ?...well he heals for around 300 / 2 secs...SMILEY

Oberon ObstructionYes pls make it raidwide. I dont mind if you keep the stun, fair enough...but pls raidwide.Byt raidwide I ofc meen so I can cast it from Offtankgroup or any other group. This also isnt on my hotbar anymore due to it being pretty useless.

Ancient Balm Pls make it groupwide and able to cast under any effect.

Casting Speed Seems like we might get help with that on the next AA's...about time imo.We have clerics complaining about their slow heals..pfft...they even get their own AA's to fix that, and other things..equipment etc.We get nothing. 

Cudgel Of Obviation ( mythical version )The nerf is really bad. Ive had this on many raids now..and groups..small and full groups.If im in the Offtankgroup and we need the power it rarely helps at all. If we are taking care of lots of small adds or somtjing, they die far to quick. So the the effect is wasted. Ex. Nexona...Druushk..Silverwing...you name it.Why not change the effect so that it affects the dmg we are dealing to "mobs"..not "a mob"..during 30 secs. Anythign we do in dmg for 30 secs. Then it doesnt matter wether or not its lots of easier adds...or a big bad boss.The dps in the OT group is usually very bad too...compared to pure scoutgroups and mages groups. I meen we are after all designed to be in the OT-group...or the MT-group...none of those two groups givs out loads of dps.When we are grouping its pretty useless too...either the dps in the group is to high..so the mobs die to fast...or the dps is to low in the group so the effect runs out of time.I dont care if its a club or spear...its the effects that matters in the long run.I really dont have alot of problems with our class...i like most of it.But these are the things that I really think needs looknig into.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:48 AM   #44
Zeliedog

Loremaster

Verrie77 wrote:

Oberon ObstructionYes pls make it raidwide. I dont mind if you keep the stun, fair enough...but pls raidwide.Byt raidwide I ofc meen so I can cast it from Offtankgroup or any other group. This also isnt on my hotbar anymore due to it being pretty useless.

I definitely agree with this request.  There isn't any use for this spell outside the MT group, and with the effects on our epic (as well as direct comments from devs) it is becoming more and more clear that we are being intentionally directed toward OT or dps groups.I would also like to request that IF there are going to be damage-enhancing AAs in the new TSO tree, please, please make them apply to CA damage instead of spell damage, or both spell and CA.  As far as I know, virtually all mystics take the CA line.  It seems like after the introduction of the EoF AA lines, the devs promptly forgot they existed and we have had to ask repeatedly for STR gear, CA gear, etc.  I am not a big dpser myself, and I would never sacrifice healing gear for dmg gear.  I keep my WIS at the hard cap at all times for the heal increase.  But I hate having gear that is wasted because it's got spell damage on it when it should be CA.  It would be really great if the new mystic AAs actually looked as if they were created with mystics in mind (and if the shaman level looked as if they considered defilers and mystics equally), from the beginning.
Zeliedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:00 PM   #45
Sandain666

Loremaster

Verrie77 wrote:

Cudgel Of Obviation ( mythical version )Why not change the effect so that it affects the dmg we are dealing to "mobs"..not "a mob"..during 30 secs. Anythign we do in dmg for 30 secs. Then it doesnt matter wether or not its lots of easier adds...or a big bad boss.

I really like this idea! Make it a 30 sec group buff.

And for God's sake reduce that horrible recast time now that Spirit tap has been nerfed. 3 mins max.

Sandain666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:41 AM   #46
TheSpin

Loremaster

The wards added to our cures in the immunities line needs to be prioritized in front of any other wards already up on the target.

Right now if I cure myself while both my single and group wards are up, those wards absorb everything until they expire, and then the AA cure ward becomes next in line to absorb the damage.   It's pretty common to cure 2 or 3 effects before all of the wards expire, and that means we lose a lot of potential protection from those cures.

On top of that, slothfulness needs a revamp.  Anything that's secondary effect deals with the mob's power pool is pretty useless.   Ancient balm is also completely useless 99% of the time.

Perhaps slothfulness could be changed to increase casting time of the next spell, or just simply increase the damage so that it is useful.  Ancient balm would be useful if it added a brief immunity to the type of damage cured.  Control effects are too chaotic and generally too rare for the current effect to be useful.

TheSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 02:43 AM   #47
Kayso
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Slice of Life

Loremaster

come to pvp and tell me balm is useless

Kayso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 05:59 PM   #48
Elephanton

General

I play on PVP since day one. It's even more useless in PVP than in PVE. You cannot cast it when under control, and when control spell ends you get immunity from these types of effects anyway due to PVP mechanics. Wait... isn't it exactly what Balm does?Now compare that to defiler's counter-part for Balm - this spell is indeed useful in PVP.

Elephanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:15 AM   #49
Graywindnz

Loremaster

IF its not already here can we have a look at being mezed. While mezed and warded any damage we take does not break the mez and should...
Old 02-15-2009, 02:50 PM   #50
Verrie77

Loremaster

LUNAR ATTENDANT

Yes here we go again !The Defiler counterpart of this spell has had a really nice boost / upgrade. Its now raidwide...my god !!Our little bear is so way behind.Could you atleast make this fella heal raidwide too and have him heal for abit more?The bugger heals for the same amount that a lvl 20 druid.

It takes ~2½ sec to cast....that compared to how bad it heals and how easy it dies is alot imo. I can do so much more stuff than getting a useless bear up that might die the next second.I tried it just for fun today and i couldnt even tell if it healed or not...and then I stood right in the middle of the ppl who needed heals.Make this one usefull pls !!Make it raidwide just like the Defilers shrine...and make it immune to AOE. If you cant,  then why did even you bother giving us this kind of spell...really ?I can find one use for it..getting heals when running away from mobs while you are soloing. But then i have to stay for 2½ sec before i get it up and perhaps get powned instead...tricky.

I CALL FOR A REWAMP !!atleast tell us if you are looking at doign anything with this spell

Old 02-25-2009, 11:26 AM   #51
Bubblerum
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Veeshans Fury

Loremaster

I agree Lunar Attandant needs to be like the Defilers.

Also with a lot of stuff in TSO being ^^ ups and in groups of 3 or more, not to mention the raid encounters that involve numerous adds. Getting much out of spirit tap is getting harder and harder. Either make it do full encounter or make it like a group buff. The recast on spirit tap is fine, for those of you upset about it just get a jcap and its fine .

The Double attack from our mythical needs to be on at equip. I find, depends on raid encounter, I debuff/dps more that I heal.  SO either make it on equip or make it proc on any spell/CA.

Ancestral Balm needs to have a  use as well as make Oberon barrier raid wide.

Bubblerum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:46 AM   #52
ecoskii

Loremaster

please please please do nothing

- leave oberon so i only cast it once a week when i need a beer

- leave stoicism so i only cast it once a month...by accident

- leave balm so that it is only useful when training

- leave lunar attendant - pfft a 'might have been' spell

- keep forgetting +spell is useless to us

just fix your BUG that causes some shammies to crash every single night that they raid....the more you heal the quicker you crash.  I have levelled a templar from 0 -> 80 (called Abject Tedium...) in the time it has taken to achieve absolutely nothing.  I'll take a wild guess that this would have been fixed over a year ago if it affected guards or gimplars 

ecoskii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:47 AM   #53
Eugam

Loremaster

Happy mystic in T1 without epic here. I dont raid.

In groups without regen i use an adorned weapon with powerleech and have enough power.

Shadow AA is well done imho. I think dogdog could do a bit more damage in animal stance. No biggy though.

Dog is fun but has sometimes pathing issues indeed. Otherwise i have his attack on key 1 and send him in manually. Works flawless. Please change the icon of his ward. Some items that trigger a ward use a blue-ish shield on yellow background. That one would do it.

What i miss is something to deal with kiting strats like the last named in Deep Forge.

Maybe allow us to cast Stoicism while moving ? The slow casting timers do not go well with kiting strats. Give us the chance to bridge a warding gap while moving please.

The balm is still useful for me, i d agree though that it should be a short/medium duration ward. Either a curing ward or a healing ward similar to purity of the warden.

Personally i am a bit unhappy that the damageshield is on the TSO armor and not part of the AA ward enhancement.I have the feeling this will be required in T9 and later on. Similar to the power replenishment of the wardens fabled epic, which is almost class defining but on an item.

Eugam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:35 AM   #54
Odys
Server: Storms
Guild: Eternitalis

Loremaster

- put something usefull in the fourth line of the resist tree, herbal expertise is a joke.I would suggest to improve ward casting time and ward reuse, may be 2-3% per aa.

- revamp  the cure tree (valid for all healers)

- remember that mail is not only for scouts but also for shaman. Gearing my druid in ROK was easy, but getting a healing set for my mystic is almost impossible.

- + spell damage on our set is useless, we need either heal/heal crit or CA damage.May be turn 50 + spell damage into 50CA AND spell damage, it won't be overpowered since CA will be useless for defiler and spell spec mystics, and + spell damage will be useless for melee spec mystics.

- We need T8 version for our debufs, most do not exist. I think i m still using a 63 spell and a 55 ... I have like 4 spells that never got an upgrade, my warden have 1 (ie the ancient teachin from split paw).

- Lunar attendant should be more than a fun spell.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:57 AM   #55
tebion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

- We need T8 version for our debufs, most do not exist. I think i m still using a 63 spell and a 55 ... I have like 4 spells that never got an upgrade, my warden have 1 (ie the ancient teachin from split paw).

it was in the patchnotes back in the days that relative spells like our debuffs will not be updated as they get better with higher level anyway.

small and proud of it
tebion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:12 AM   #56
Odys
Server: Storms
Guild: Eternitalis

Loremaster

tebion wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

it was in the patchnotes back in the days that relative spells like our debuffs will not be updated as they get better with higher level anyway.

Ok. Indeed i noticed that   they don't get resisted too much even on 85 monsters. I used them of the 85/x2 ward of elements monsters aand most of the time they holded.

I wonder if i agree, as far as i remember or slow and dps debuf lines had several variants, and the debuf % was getting higher when upgrading.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:51 PM   #57
m5

Lord

Don't see why people say that stoicism is useless... It's pretty good ward to throw on the MT/OT when they do not have to move. The negative attack speed is negligible with the amount of haste buffs and gear that tanks can get...

Ancient Balm is amazing for fights such as Avatar of Mischief and Anashti Sul that have a lot of control effects attached to them. It's true though, for heroic and solo content it's not really that great of a spell >.<

m5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:34 AM   #58
SonnyA

Loremaster

m5 wrote:

Don't see why people say that stoicism is useless... It's pretty good ward to throw on the MT/OT when they do not have to move. The negative attack speed is negligible with the amount of haste buffs and gear that tanks can get...

Ancient Balm is amazing for fights such as Avatar of Mischief and Anashti Sul that have a lot of control effects attached to them. It's true though, for heroic and solo content it's not really that great of a spell >.<

I agree.. Stoicism is very good. Against mobs with huge riposte damage, taking away attack speed from the tank can actually help prevent spikes.

But it really is a very small side effect.

SonnyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:47 PM   #59
CimTaurus

Loremaster

Have not seen any action here in a while so I am going to add my wish list, in no particular order...

Oberon: Raid wide please.  Since we already know the stun effect is coming off in the future I think raidwide is enough to make this spell top notch.

Lunar Attendant: Raid wide, more heal power

Ancestral Sentry: Something to keep him alive a little longer

Allow us to deconstruct our epic and use the base components (the vine, the claws, the stone, the fetishes, etc) to create a similar weapon of another type (spear).  I am not asking for a better epic, just a better looking one.  I AM A SHAMAN NOT A CAVEMAN.

CimTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:30 AM   #60
Jgok

Loremaster

CimTaurus wrote:

Have not seen any action here in a while so I am going to add my wish list, in no particular order...

Oberon: Raid wide please.  Since we already know the stun effect is coming off in the future I think raidwide is enough to make this spell top notch.

Lunar Attendant: Raid wide, more heal power

Ancestral Sentry: Something to keep him alive a little longer

Allow us to deconstruct our epic and use the base components (the vine, the claws, the stone, the fetishes, etc) to create a similar weapon of another type (spear).  I am not asking for a better epic, just a better looking one.  I AM A SHAMAN NOT A CAVEMAN.

I'll second everything in this post.

Raidwide and no stun will make Oberon VERY useful. This would be an all-around good change.

My Mystic hits 80 tonight, and I don't think I've cast Lunar Attendant more than two or three times. Whenever I DO cast it, it just doesn't seem to be doing anything at all, even with AAs devoted to it. I've looked at a parse, and yes, it IS healing a little bit... But a few hundred health every few seconds is NOTHING against what heroic mobs in T8 do. While you're at it, please make him immune to AE as well (or at least give him more health and defense than a wet paper towel). It kind of sucks to lose a ~3 sec cast spell the instant it's finished casting, just because the mob turned to hit a scout one time.

I haven't had a chance to play with Ancestral Sentry yet, but I'm assuming from your post that it's just as fragile as the Lunar Attendant. It's kind of silly to get the first and only spell in a line at the level cap, and that spell have the same weaknesses as something we've been complaining about for a while now.

And, I'll just quote here... I AM A SHAMAN NOT A CAVEMAN. The icon beside CimTaurus' name, the icon that is supposed to represent the essence of a Mystic to the entire forum, has a spear on it, not a club. A starting Mystic enters the game carrying a spear, not a club. I understand that some people like to have a club, that's fine... Just give me the opportunity to choose a spear.

In fact, that wouldn't be a bad idea for all of the classes. My paladin uses swords, so he's fine with the look of the paladin epic. I know several paladins who have their mythical but use the quested hammer from Kaladim (or some other hammer, if they haven't gotten that one) in the appearance slot, just because they don't like the sword look on their character. Yes, we could choose to use something other than the epic in an appearance slot, but then you get the "why don't you have your epic" questions from group members.