EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Mystic
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-12-2008, 09:18 AM   #1
iduckie

Loremaster

For those who haven't seen and don't understand why All the Mystics are wildly upset.. Here's Pictures.

I honestly I'm 100% Upset about the Graphics and think it was poorly thought over and designed and doesn't follow the Mystic Lore.

Wardens get a Double-sided-Sword and Mystics get a Rock supported by Wiggling thorny vines?

How am I going to call this "Epic"?

The Side effects are Dirge buffs and don't benefit a Mystic in most play styles.

Please please take a look at every other classes Epic and then tell me why this one was designed this way.

ON the good side I actually love the stats of the Weapon it's self but everything else seems way off. 

-Aliya

(Butcherblock)

iduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:26 AM   #2
VolgaDark

Loremaster

Very very ugly

Very very sad days for mystics.

I am trying to be nice. Who knows maybe whoever slapped the design together is a very new employee, who just never played eq before and doesn't know the lore yet.

Honestly what is it about shamans and devs "forgetting" what they told us we are to be?

Anyone remembers the old eq, in the very beginning? We all wanted a spear because we were told we could use one, but there was only ONE we could actually equip. Very low level, but we all had it. Took forever before they added more spears in for us.

Then who can forget the infamous "Alchemy is working ya'll just stupid to figure out how to use it...."

I'm not 80 yet, but when I am I know I will do the quest for AA's but honestly don't see myself actually equipping the ugly thing. I am not a power player and "look" is always more important to me then "function" ... always has been (drives my husband crazy coz till we had "alternate appearance" I used to have half of my gear grey lol).

VolgaDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:28 PM   #3
Owlbe

General

Our epic has been dubbed "the baby rattle".  Nice.  We're the brunt of more jokes now, thanks.It gets my vote for the ugliest epic by far and probably for worst stats to.  Fun stuff to be a mystic.  Ahhh, good times indeed.

Gunnulf Ravenrune- Barbarian Mystic

Asheda Soulscar- Kerra Bruiser

Owlbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:48 PM   #4
Quylein2

Loremaster

Thanks SOE for giving me the final straw, I  can finally say im done with being a mystic...

Zelicks 80 Brig of Befallen

Quylein 80 Conj of Befallen

Glokk 80 Defiler of Befallen

Mesha 65 Guardian of Befallen

Kroq 34 Guardian of Nagafen
Quylein2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:48 PM   #5
Annabrie

Loremaster

The Everquest shaman had a shifting role in the game. In the beginning they were healers to the less civilized races. They called on the powers of spirit animals and ancestors to strengthen their group members. We had tons of stat buffs, hastes, and slows, with healing not as good as clerics with their complete heal, but in line with the Druid.Eventually around Kunark and Velious we became "Battle Priests" focused more on combat ourselves, we had an expanded line of self buffs, better slows, and minor upgraded dots to bolster our combat damage. Our pet line was expanded on and our healing fell further behind. We were given a bomb ear epic spear with a manaless dot. With the introduction of Planes of Power, they totally abandoned the "Battle Priest" nonsense, because the mobs became much too dangerous to solo in combat, and we were given beefier dots, canni became more important for "root and rot" fights. Our weaker pet line continued, as did our stat buffs(which didn't matter at all because stat caps were being reached and it all meant very little at that point in the game.) They attempted to make the Shaman a better healer with "incomplete heals" but we were still lesser healers than even Paladins. The end result was that Shamans were in a group to provide low quality healing support, but most importantly they were there to Slow, lower mobs resistances with their Malo line, and provide useful utility spells and buffs. The shaman began as a barbaric races priest, morphed into a battle priest, and ended up a slow and buff robot that tagged along in groups to provide utility and minor healing back up.It feels like the Mystic may be going through a similar process where the Devs don't really know what to do with the class. So instead of a solid straight forward direction we are kind of moving forward in a lazy zig zag as Dev dips into a little of this, a little of that, and trying to find our place in the game. In the end, I predict we will be in a similar role in the future of EQ2 as the shaman was in EQ1 with a focus on healing, not slowing, and to provide, what appears to be, meele dps support.I don't know where we will end up, but don't worry, neither does SoE.
Annabrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:58 AM   #6
tebion

Loremaster

wow ... just wow ..... such graphics AND spell damage?? wow SMILEY

small and proud of it
tebion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:30 PM   #7
rvbarton

Loremaster

I remember my initial reaction to the Epic weapons in EQ1, and I was blown away!

The weapons in EQ2 seriously seem lacking in all regards.

As for the Mystic Epic..  I'm SERIOUSLY thinking... "Meh...  I'll do it if I get around to do it, and it's not a night heroes/Chuck/Life/Battlestar galactica/wheel of fortune isn't on tv."

rvbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:52 PM   #8
-Freeman-

Loremaster

Really, really sad. I can not believe this junk.

Wintu.

-Freeman- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:10 PM   #9
thedu

General

When I saw tribal rage for group member's I had an Ellen Feiss moment.  Your spot on about Scout's giving pretty much the same group buffs and so it seems pointless.
thedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:40 PM   #10
Rythen16

Loremaster

Mystics are Shaman-- Shaman use spears.

Mystics use Combat Arts as forced by our AA lines-- Epic has +spell damage.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????

Rythen16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:21 PM   #11
Cadori Seraphim

Loremaster

Oh wow LOL that DOES look like a pile of dung on a stick..../comforts
Cadori Seraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:57 AM   #12
iduckie

Loremaster

I saw the Mythical one... It looked like someone added green bug lights SMILEY

The stats weren't much better then the Fabled one.. I'll see about getting pictures of it.

iduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:40 AM   #13
xandez

Loremaster

hmmuglyish i'd say, yah. Also, whats with the + SPELL DMG!??!?! And the proc... errr, add some dmg in it for the love of....Personally i have nothing against clubs, but maybe a spear?++Xan

xandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 02:46 AM   #14
KatrinaDeath

Loremaster

[Removed for Content] this [Removed for Content] [Removed for Content]... seriously this is complete [Removed for Content]! i want a [Removed for Content] spear that has a [Removed for Content] melee proc... sorry
KatrinaDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 07:08 PM   #15
Kellin

Loremaster

I've heard it referred to as a beehive on a stick.The thing that upsets me most, I think, is that it's +disruption, and not even very much of that.  The templar epic has +ministration, and more of it.  The only thing keeping me from being even madder about it is that while I may have a beehive on a stick, templars are stuck with something that looks like an exotic sex toy.