EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Mystic
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-01-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
ScaledMystic

Defender

I'm wondering why there's this egregious famine of 1H spears. With a buckler (or the occasional round shield), the combat animation is really cool, especially with a fast weapon, compared to the "I like to bash with a pointed weapon" silliness of a 2H spear.

Unfortunately, the mastercrafted 72 one is still inferior to my Ancient Velium Shortspear (I admit its fast attack rate means I get tons of Ursine slash procs as well as the Velium Shards so its damage is suprisingly good), so when I'm packing the Sarnak Hide Buckler, the only remotely-effective 1H spear I have is level 67! Sure there are maces, but part of why I signed on as a shaman long ago was to use spears. Maces are too... eh... cleric-y.

So, any hope that our epic is a 1H spear? (I will laugh if its a mace, because even our AA background art shows a spear) Or are there some "no trade" 1H spears out there I haven't seen yet?

ScaledMystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:45 PM   #2
Banditman

Loremaster

Proc rate is not typically based on attacks.  A "fast" weapon actually procs LESS often (on a per swing basis) than a "slow" weapon.  There are a VERY few procs that are still percentage based, but I don't think I could name a single on right off the top of my head, aside from the Illusionist Dynamism line.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:12 AM   #3
ScaledMystic

Defender

The slashing damage proc my bear form does is a percentage, so yes, it does kick in more often with a higher attack speed. But back to the original question: any 1h spears out there, no-trade or otherwise, that are of any use at level 80?
ScaledMystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:12 PM   #4
ThelvynD

Loremaster

I still use my Serpentine Skewer at lvl 79.

Old 02-02-2008, 06:32 PM   #5
ZionXIII

Loremaster

Auto attack damage isn't very good, but a fairly nice dmg proc and 1 second delay. Drops from Pantrilla in The Temple of Scale. One groupable easy.  3-4 manable probably.

Can't say that I've seen a 1h t8 spear that I would consider using. A Mastercrafted, imbued 1h spear with an adornment might be your best bet if you're set on that.

Edit: That being said, for best melee dps i'd really go with a nice 2H with a wide damage spread, and not worry about the delay so much.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:55 PM   #6
thedu

General

There are only TWO that I found on eq2players item database (I don't even know why I pay for this anymore). And guess what they are both fabled:http://www.lootdb.com/eq2/item/1362257532http://www.lootdb.com/eq2/item/519250256The both drop in VP and are no-trade so another big finger from SoE on any usable spears (non-fabled tradeable or quested)  for the Shaman class.
thedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:48 PM   #7
Banditman

Loremaster

Mastercrafted are available.Either way, if you are talking about weapons that help you heal, then you are pretty much resigned to crushing weapons.  It's just a situation where we have to share loot with other Priests, and the only common denominator is Crushing.Druids can use some Slash (ask them how hard it is to find a "healer" slasher), Shaman can use Spears . . . but Clerics are Crushing only.  Thus, all of the "good" healing weapons are Crush based, takes fewer resources to design 1 weapon than 3.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:19 PM   #8
thedu

General

Banditman wrote:
Mastercrafted are available.Either way, if you are talking about weapons that help you heal, then you are pretty much resigned to crushing weapons.  It's just a situation where we have to share loot with other Priests, and the only common denominator is Crushing.Druids can use some Slash (ask them how hard it is to find a "healer" slasher), Shaman can use Spears . . . but Clerics are Crushing only.  Thus, all of the "good" healing weapons are Crush based, takes fewer resources to design 1 weapon than 3.
I think it should be the motto "take the easy way" for SoE these days.
thedu is offline   Reply With Quote