EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-21-2007, 06:02 PM   #1
Child
Server: Unrest
Guild: Arion

Loremaster

k, this confuses me. when buying weapons, it says One-Handed, Two Handed, or Dual Wield. the part that confuses me is that i bought 2 dual-wield weapons, but can't dual-wield them. i tried putting one on the primary, and one on the secondary hand, but it doesn't work. and if Dual-Wield doesn't mean...... dual-wieldable, and you can't do this, then what's the difference between Dual-Wield and Two-Handed?
Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:04 PM   #2
Strums

Loremaster

Is your class a class that CAN duel wield?

Old 08-21-2007, 06:07 PM   #3
Child

Loremaster

i thought i read somehwhere that ALL classes can dual-wield. must've been false. anyway, i'm a shadowknight. can they dual-wield? EDIT: yea, i did read that.
Certain weapons are marked as dual wield. Any class can equip dual-wield weapons, since dual-wield weapons are balanced so that two of them are equivalent to a two-hander, using only one is cutting your damage potential in half.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:11 PM   #4
Zergosch

Loremaster

no, only some few fighters can dual (afaik berserker for example) scouts can dw for sure SMILEY
Zergosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:12 PM   #5
Strums

Loremaster

Ive never played a SK, but im pretty sure they can not duel wield.  I believe then and Pallys are the only two fighter classes that can not duel wield.  Also, priest and mage class's can not duel wield either. 

Mostly just scouts will be duel wielding, as all scouts can use duel wield weapons.  As for fighters, only monks, bruisers, zerkers, and guardians can duel wield.

Old 08-21-2007, 06:12 PM   #6
Child

Loremaster

Zergosch wrote:
no, only some few fighters can dual (afaik berserker for example) scouts can dw for sure SMILEY
dang, that info was inacurate. i edited in my above post. i'll never visit that site again SMILEY
Old 08-21-2007, 06:13 PM   #7
Strums

Loremaster

Xuphor wrote:
i thought i read somehwhere that ALL classes can dual-wield. must've been false. anyway, i'm a shadowknight. can they dual-wield? EDIT: yea, i did read that.
Certain weapons are marked as dual wield. Any class can equip dual-wield weapons, since dual-wield weapons are balanced so that two of them are equivalent to a two-hander, using only one is cutting your damage potential in half.
This is reffering to being able to equip ONE duel wield.  IE...a mage can use a duel wield dagger, in one hand.  However, they can not equip two of them.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:42 PM   #8
Ferunnia

Loremaster

SKs, Pallies, Priests, Mages cannot Dual Wield.
Ferunnia is offline   Reply With Quote