EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-07-2007, 01:38 PM   #1
Geriden

Lord

How well do guardians do in pvp

i havent played eq2 in a long time and have come to start fresh

and i use to play a warden had him around lvl 55

but i think il try a guardian but i wonder how well a guardian would do on a pvp server ?

any info please thanks.

Geriden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:39 PM   #2
Bloodfa
Server: Nagafen

General

It sure ain't easy.

Bloodfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:42 PM   #3
Strums

Loremaster

if you can get good gear, and almost always have a group, guardians are pretty good in group pvp. 

If your a xegonite tank with no group...you sir will be a walking token

Old 08-07-2007, 01:46 PM   #4
The_Real_Ohno

General

If u wait 5-7 months, everyone will be attackin like Guardians in PvP combat.
The_Real_Ohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:52 PM   #5
Bozidar

Loremaster

guardians are the best group tank for pvp for managing aggro and keeping players pinned on them, and not attacking other members of your party.
Bozidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:03 PM   #6
UGAdawg

Loremaster

As Strums stated, Guardians are walking totems when they solo pvp vs most classes. This includes when you get really good gear. We have no track or evac and no increased run speed. When you solo, it's almost inevitable to get jumped if you get lucky and engage in a solo fight and there are only a handful of classes that you can beat. Classes you should never beat as a guardian: Brig Swash Dirge Troub Ranger Any healer class Anyone with mana shield On a side note, there are some [Removed for Content] level 70 players around and I've managed to beat all of those classes. Some are closer than others, but .. if you take the top 20 players from those classes and 1v1 a guardian you might win 1/20 vs the scout classes. That's my experience as a solo guardian on Nagafen with great gear. Guards are the best pvp-group tank period.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:07 PM   #7
Amphibia

Loremaster

Guardians make the best tanks for group PvP, in my opinion. Don't try to PVP alone, though....

Amphibia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:24 PM   #8
Darkfir3

Loremaster

When I was an assassin, guardians made me cry on the inside with all their knockbacks and such, Nightmares killed me several times onevone=P But as a ranger, they are like soloing a heroic, keep em snared and back, and take your time, as long as you dont back into mobs or get jumped by someone else, you should never lose.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:26 AM   #9
UGAdawg

Loremaster

Nightmares is a brig. Also, guardians get 1 knockback and it's on a long timer. I've personally seen a lot of good assassins in 1v1's keep me stunlocked through most of the fight. Granted, with death saves they have to get through about 16k hps with me, but, they still win in the end. I've gotten, who in my opinion are the top assassins on nagafen, to about 30% before I die. On a side note, if I get close to a ranger I can plant him and kill him.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:19 AM   #10
Cocytus

Loremaster

Guardians PVP better than people give them credit for - only problem is fighting a ranged attacker or someone who's running away SMILEY
Cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote