EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-05-2007, 04:51 AM   #1
Calthine

ZAM EQII

It's technically Sunday morning here in Vegas, and Fan Faire is officially over.  For your reading pleasure, here are all my blogs from this very busy weekend. Calthine's Blog - Part 1 Calthine's Blog - Part 2 Calthine's Blog - Part 3 Calthine's Blog - Part 4 Check back this week as we sort through our piles of notes, recordings, and video to bring you reports on the panels and information gleaned throughout Fan Faire!

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:14 AM   #2
Off

General

Wonderful write ups Cal!!!  Am glad you all had such a nice time at FanFaire...maybe next year I'll get to go!  Oh, did anyone dress up into character from EQ and/or EQII?  Would love to see pics!
Old 08-06-2007, 12:28 AM   #3
Calthine

ZAM EQII

There were FANTASTIC costumes!  Brasse was there, she took first in the costume contest.  My favorite was two darling small children and their mother (I assume).  Oh, and the necro with her wraith.  The Bride was led down the aisle by Darth Vader and two Stormtroopers!!! I have some pictures, except Alaska Airlines misplaced my suitcase.  It should be here tomorrow.

Old 08-06-2007, 12:38 AM   #4
ke'la

Loremaster

Calthine wrote:
There were FANTASTIC costumes!  Brasse was there, she took first in the costume contest.  My favorite was two darling small children and their mother (I assume).  Oh, and the necro with her wraith.  The Bride was led down the aisle by Darth Vader and two Stormtroopers. Followed by Antonia and Fironia(please correct my spelling of these to names) I have some pictures, except Alaska Airlines misplaced my suitcase.  It should be here tomorrow.
Fixed SMILEY

ke'la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:53 AM   #5
Calthine

ZAM EQII

Thanks, hon, you got my back again! Oh!  Ke`la took these pictures.  Y'all shouldn't have to wait for me to work them into a piece: We organized a two-group raid to throw Grimwell in the pool.  We actually had a hard time getting him to spawn, and with the help of Ashlaine discovered that Gordo is his PH.  But he finally popped, and we got him: Then I got ganked by a couple of Freeps.  Sorry for my pasty-white-won't-tan-no-matter-what legs.  I did manage to take one of them in with me!

Old 08-06-2007, 02:57 AM   #6
Off

General

HAHAHA  What fun!!!  Sucky that the airline misplaced your baggage....hope you get it back tomorrow for sure!
Old 08-06-2007, 03:11 AM   #7
Calthine

ZAM EQII

Offem wrote:
HAHAHA  What fun!!!  Sucky that the airline misplaced your baggage....hope you get it back tomorrow for sure!
Me too.  Fortunately the laptop full of notes and my audio recordings was in my carry on.  (No, I'm not posting the MP3's.  The quality is abhorrent, they were just so I don't screw up the details and bring y'all bad information)

Old 08-06-2007, 04:03 AM   #8
Obann
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Clan Nan Dreolan

Loremaster

Next year I'm paying attention at the pool party.  Was deep in coversation at the other end of the pool when Grimwell got tossed so I was only half paying attention. Did cheer when you took one of those Freeps with you.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:38 AM   #9
ke'la

Loremaster

Calthine wrote:
Thanks, hon, you got my back again! Oh!  Ke`la took these pictures.  Y'all shouldn't have to wait for me to work them into a piece: We organized a two-group raid to throw Grimwell in the pool.  We actually had a hard time getting him to spawn, and with the help of Ashlaine discovered that Gordo is his PH.  But he finally popped, and we got him: Then I got ganked by a couple of Freeps.  Sorry for my pasty-white-won't-tan-no-matter-what legs.  I did manage to take one of them in with me!

Yep unforunatly she wiped twice trying to get the second.

Old 08-06-2007, 06:13 AM   #10
Winter

Crazy for Fae!

I had so much fun. SMILEY Grim's wife, Gethani, and I were off somewhere else at the time. ^_^ Looks like the party ended up being a blast though. I don't think many people would have been able to handle the sheer hotness of me in a bathing suit. Oh yeh, behbeh! (so joking, I'm so not one to have a high opinion of my own looks)

/pokes Calthine

/ninja vanish in a cloud of pink glitter and smoke

Old 08-06-2007, 06:16 AM   #11
SG_01

Loremaster

Well, I got my Fan Faire stuff posted on my blog!

And heh, I have proof of Winter's hotness!

Old 08-06-2007, 06:21 AM   #12
Winter

Crazy for Fae!

SG_01 wrote:

LOL, that was so much fun! I absolutely ADORE Midori! Watashi no tomodachi desu yoooooooo! It was awesome meeting you, SG. SMILEY I'm flattered you think me pretty - very much so. SMILEY I have a bit of a complex about it considering my past and all, but thank you so much. /hug

And I can hardly wait to spend time with you guys again next year!!!!

Old 08-06-2007, 06:29 AM   #13
ke'la

Loremaster

Winter wrote:

SG_01 wrote:

SMILEY I'm flattered you think me pretty - very much so. SMILEY I have a bit of a complex about it considering my past and all, but thank you so much. /hug[/color][/size]

Just incase you guys could not guess she is the one in the Pink SMILEY

I also agree she is hot, and here is more proof.. I am the fat guy with the 3day beard I grew in an hour.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:30 PM   #14
Winter

Crazy for Fae!

/blush

You guys are sweet. SMILEY /hug

Old 08-06-2007, 01:51 PM   #15
Wiqd

Loremaster

Saw your post on the message board thingy about liking monkeys, Win Win, but unfortunately didn't get to meet you SMILEY You are pretty hot though SMILEY

Wiqd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:59 PM   #16
Momochi

Community Relations

Hi SG! Hi Winter! (I like to call you Win Win though!) I had so much fun with you guys and thank you for the great photo! Calthine! You are so wonderful! Good job on throwing Grim in the pool!!! I really can't wait spending time with you all again! Midori "Momochi" McDaniel Japanese Community Rep
Momochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:01 PM   #17
Winter

Crazy for Fae!

Momochi wrote:
Hi SG! Hi Winter! (I like to call you Win Win though!) I had so much fun with you guys and thank you for the great photo! Calthine! You are so wonderful! Good job on throwing Grim in the pool!!! I really can't wait to spend time with you all again! Midori "Momochi" McDaniel Japanese Community Rep
Absolutely, Midori!SMILEY Call me Winwin all you want - it is my nickname. SMILEY I actually prefer to be called Winwin. SMILEY It was so nice to meet you, hon!SMILEY Tomodachi!SMILEY
Old 08-06-2007, 09:05 PM   #18
Calthine

ZAM EQII

Momochi wrote:
Hi SG! Hi Winter! (I like to call you Win Win though!) I had so much fun with you guys and thank you for the great photo! Calthine! You are so wonderful! Good job on throwing Grim in the pool!!! I really can't wait spending time with you all again! Midori "Momochi" McDaniel Japanese Community Rep
Hehe.  Momochi and I were sobbing on each other's shoulders after the wedding, it was SO beautiful!

Old 08-07-2007, 01:05 AM   #19
PRALL

General

/sigh

No luv for the Templar with the video camera. I too got to witness the curves of Winter, and the snuggly Momochi.

Heck, Calthine usually complains that she is never in the picture, but the only shot I'm in is the one of me tossing Grimwell into the pool. Oh yeah, ya wouldn't know that because the ol'lady never mentioned that. Oh well, that is just a continuation of what happened the whole event:

"This is Calthine's hubby, Sutures."

"Oh hi!...... Wait, I didn't know you played?"

PRALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:37 AM   #20
NiamiDenMother

EQ2TC

Someone, somewhere, has a pic of what happened after Calthine instigated the Freeport folks enough that after  she went back into the pool again, and I joined her.  {grin}  Other than that, I managed to avoid most of the cameras over the weekend ... I think. I am exhausted, but I had such a blast this past weekend.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:04 AM   #21
Grimwell

Community Relations

It was HOT in Vegas, so going into the pool was a good thing. I was smart and left the Helio in the hotel. Pools + Booze = somebody's going in! I'm still trying to reconstruct my brain and have coherent thoughts... but it was a blast to meet y'all. Sooooooo many people.
Grimwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:09 AM   #22
Calthine

ZAM EQII

NiamiDenMother wrote:
Someone, somewhere, has a pic of what happened after Calthine instigated the Freeport folks enough that after  she went back into the pool again, and I joined her.  {grin}  Other than that, I managed to avoid most of the cameras over the weekend ... I think. I am exhausted, but I had such a blast this past weekend.
Ke'la took them, I have them SMILEY  Send more Trail Mix or I'll post 'em!

Old 08-07-2007, 02:13 AM   #23
Josgar

Loremaster

Yup Fan Faire was fun! Meeting Niami was a blast n_n almost a bonk from the rolling pin SMILEY

Hope to meet everyone again next year!

Josgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:17 AM   #24
Winter

Crazy for Fae!

NiamiDenMother wrote:
Aw, you no likee your pictures? I have a picture with you. SMILEY You not wantee me to shareshare?
Old 08-07-2007, 03:26 AM   #25
Tallika_Runwithbears

Loremaster

Calthine wrote:
NiamiDenMother wrote:
I saw them the next morning at the TCG panel... a soaking wet halfling treading water...   probably swearing too... SMILEY
Old 08-07-2007, 03:28 AM   #26
Eriol

Loremaster

SG_01 wrote:

So THAT'S who you are!  I ran into you a few times at the FF.  Specifically, I was the damned huge guy (6'7" ) at the front of the line with you on saturday morning. Maybe after I get home (I decided to spend a few days extra in Vegas) I'll post some of my pics too.  Seems to be quite a few of them out there from lots of people.  I got around a bit more this year, meeting more people than in Atlanta, so there's definitely some good memories around.
Eriol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:11 AM   #27
Winter

Crazy for Fae!

One of the ones we sat with?SMILEY
Old 08-07-2007, 04:39 AM   #28
Pitt Hammerfi

General

The whole event looked like fun, any chance of having one in Australia?  SMILEY

www.advancedws.com.au
Pitt Hammerfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:07 AM   #29
Spider

Loremaster

ke'la wrote:

Winter wrote:

SG_01 wrote:

SMILEY I'm flattered you think me pretty - very much so. SMILEY I have a bit of a complex about it considering my past and all, but thank you so much. /hug[/color][/size]

Just incase you guys could not guess she is the one in the Pink SMILEY

I also agree she is hot, and here is more proof.. I am the fat guy with the 3day beard I grew in an hour.

SMILEY

INQUIS FTW

www.silverimagesstudio.com/screenshots/index.php?id=273

Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:15 AM   #30
ke'la

Loremaster

Tallika_Runwithbears wrote:
Calthine wrote:
NiamiDenMother wrote:
I saw them the next morning at the TCG panel... a soaking wet halfling treading water...   probably swearing too... SMILEY

You mean this pic?