EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Troubador
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-28-2007, 10:10 AM   #1
ArcticBlue182

Loremaster

hi, for as long as i care to remember i have been spec'd for DKtM and Dladedance, just lately ive  been wondering if its worth droping DKtM for the STA line ? a Dirge in the guild i raid with told me its useless and to keep with DKtM as it doesnt do anything for their DPS so doubts it will do much for troub's either.. so should i just stay with the lines i already have or thimk about changing 1 of them, the reason i started to look at the STA line was for the double attacks i give my self and also the group im in.. any thoughts?!
ArcticBlue182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:37 PM   #2
Mildavyn

Loremaster

That double-attack sure looks mighty sexy.

Depending on how many extra AAs we get with RoK, i'll be taking the STA line. Thought about dropping STR as well... it's not required and is mostly useless (nice in PvP though)

Ashk, Guardian

Sslyth, Necromancer

Mirbolt, Shadowknight

Mildayvin, Assasin

Verminius, Defiler
Mildavyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 02:08 PM   #3
Strums

Loremaster

I am a raid Troubador, and have always been speced STR & WIS for DKtM and Bladedance.  For raid's, its most useful for the bladedance, but being on a pvp server I have always wanted to go down the STA line for an extra stun, double attack, and increase chance to block with a shield. 

Over the weekend, I kept my WIS line and droped the STR line and speced down STA.  We ran a few raids that did not require bladedance, and the dps was not that much of a diffrence that what I normaly parse.  Even though I was double attack speced, my dps only went up by a fraction.

I would almost never lose the DKtM line, the spell crit is very nice.  You can look at any fight, and with it not on you hardly ever see crits, but man when its up I sure notice a diffrence. 

Old 07-28-2007, 03:01 PM   #4
911GT3

Loremaster

I recently was Sta spec and overall it does not increase your dps unless you have a really good 1hander and really high haste and dps mod, also the group double attack buff is not that good. Bladedance is nice to have but its not worth it in my opinion, I now have Wis 4-6-4-8-2 and Int 4-8-4-7-2. Having DKtM and spell cast reduction is great and I really like the Int line for its mele attack that increases your offence and the haste boost, and having the HO increaser makes me use HO's more which gives me something to do and makes things a little more fun while also slightly increasing my dps.
911GT3 is offline   Reply With Quote