EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-22-2007, 06:18 PM   #1
Hecafe1

Loremaster

Three times tonight i got into a fight with  troubadour's, 1st encounter we both engage he mezz's me then evac's, then comes back later while im mucking about with a friends exile alt and kills me so 2nd fight fair does, 3rd fight different troubie mezz's me so when i kill him i got nothing for it no faction no token no kill register, this kind of cheap title hugging tactic that really needs looking into. /discuss.....................
Hecafe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:23 PM   #2
Izzypop

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Three times tonight i got into a fight with  troubadour's, 1st encounter we both engage he mezz's me then evac's,
The problem is it's too easy to disengage from pvp.  All you need to do to disengage from pvp  is stop attacking and run away.  Rooting, snaring, or mezzing your enemy 1st really helps just do so and then RLAB (Run Like a [Removed for Content])  This gives you a nice head start, as long as you don't fight back people seem to disengage really fast.  I'm not sure how fast, but I see people do it ot me all the time and it takes somewhere between 30 seconds and a minute.  I have no idea how it works, but often see nothing but an evak or I just eat dust from their horse as they break pvp and run. Now if you are saying that he Evak'd in the middle of combat, maybe something is wrong with Troubie mez.  Mezzing locks my Illusionists in pvp combat, and as far as I know locks Troubs.   The raises questions. Is Troubie Mez broken to where it doesn't engage people in pvp? Is the troubie just using some broken way to evak in combat or disengage faster? [email protected] wrote:
then comes back later while im mucking about with a friends exile alt and kills me so 2nd fight fair does,
Not at all relevant to the topic. [email protected] wrote:
3rd fight different troubie mezz's me so when i kill him i got nothing for it no faction no token no kill register, this kind of cheap title hugging tactic that really needs looking into. /discuss.....................
Makes no sence.  How did you kill him while mezed?  Or did someone else kill him while you were mezed?  If he disengaged from pvp with you and got killed then you get nothing.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:29 PM   #3
Cyst
Server: Venekor
Guild: Circle of Storms

Loremaster

Sounds like you were charmed.. Mesmerize is an ability I'm glad isn't used much in PvP for obvious reasons (lack of classes played). It is very, very effective.
Cyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:37 PM   #4
Mildavyn

Loremaster

You were charmed, not mezzed. I'm sure the Troubie charm will be nerfed shortly. People complain about it too much. They don't seem to realise how hard it is to land it if your target has ANY kind of resists.

Ashk, Guardian

Sslyth, Necromancer

Mirbolt, Shadowknight

Mildayvin, Assasin

Verminius, Defiler
Mildavyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 08:37 PM   #5
Hecafe1

Loremaster

Sorry i should clarify the charm/mezz wore off and i continued the fight,  i wouldnt mind but chav's a hard kill and token or faction boost woulda been nice SMILEY not usually 1 too moan about such things but thought id make an exception as it was a tough fight with nothing to show for at the end of it.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:52 PM   #6
Muca
Server: Venekor
Guild: Leibgarde des Hochfuersten

Augur

hi cydd, remember me? SMILEY to land charm is pretty hard cos at a3: 1% easier to resist; m1: 5% harder. i was running to cl spires while i was eating and watching tv. as i saw u i was already under ~30%, something procced and engaged me in combat. the 2nd try to charm u worked and i evaced. i put my meat by aside and ran back to u to fight. we had a 1vs1 without surprises. u tried to kill me after a few minutes again, i let u the first strike cos i dont gank or kill ppl who are already on recent. too bad that u lost again. if u had me on ur recent list, u would have run away when i would have wanted a revange. but i like 1vs1s SMILEY btw: troubs are overpowered! take us everything away, so we are 100% buffbot. rangers were godlike, time has changed, now u need to learn how to play ur class. there are still some rangers who are very good.
Muca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:01 AM   #7
Mildavyn

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
btw: troubs are overpowered! take us everything away, so we are 100% buffbot. rangers were godlike, time has changed, now u need to learn how to play ur class. there are still some rangers who are very good. have really nice, high-end fabled bows.

Fixed.

Troubs are only overpowered because all the easy-moders leave. The class is HARD, but once you understand all the tools you get, they're bloody nasty. More DPS wouldn't go astray though, especially seeing as how none of our nukes are getting upgraded in T8... and PotM needs some lovins

BTW Cydd, nice fights in TT.

Ashk, Guardian

Sslyth, Necromancer

Mirbolt, Shadowknight

Mildayvin, Assasin

Verminius, Defiler
Old 07-23-2007, 03:28 AM   #8
Hecafe1

Loremaster

I wondered who'd start slinging mud thanks for not disapointing Muca SMILEY and NO i wouldnt have run away from a 1 v 1 i rarely do unless an RL issue arises, I wouldnt have attacked you again either unless u drop off recent i! hate griefers.

Thanks Paikis you too, like i said before nobody expects a troubie but at least now i know 3 names to watch for SMILEY

Old 07-23-2007, 04:02 AM   #9
Izzypop

Loremaster

I feel like such a bluebie....I can't believe it didn't click in my head that you were charmed. Charm is a bit borked, it doesn't last long, and is easy to resist, but  I have heard people say it tends to knock people out of pvp combat.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:41 AM   #10
Mildavyn

Loremaster

Izzypop wrote:
I feel like such a bluebie....I can't believe it didn't click in my head that you were charmed. Charm is a bit borked, it doesn't last long, and is easy to resist, but  I have heard people say it tends to knock people out of pvp combat.
Tends to? It will take you out of combat every time (as long as its only a 1v1) This makes it easy for troubadors to NEVER lose fame. As soon as you get below 50%, charm the other player. Combat breaks and when they re-engage, you're below 50% and they get nothing.

Ashk, Guardian

Sslyth, Necromancer

Mirbolt, Shadowknight

Mildayvin, Assasin

Verminius, Defiler
Old 07-23-2007, 12:08 PM   #11
Strums

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Three times tonight i got into a fight with  troubadour's, 1st encounter we both engage he mezz's me then evac's, then comes back later while im mucking about with a friends exile alt and kills me so 2nd fight fair does, 3rd fight different troubie mezz's me so when i kill him i got nothing for it no faction no token no kill register, this kind of cheap title hugging tactic that really needs looking into. /discuss.....................
O wow...their is a purity guild on venekor still?  I almost flamed you for your post about wanting to nerf mez in pvp, then I seen you were not the nagafen purity...
Old 07-23-2007, 12:20 PM   #12
Elephanton

General

LOL!!!!!!!

Can't believe my eyes!!!!!

Is this really the first "nerf troubadours" thread in the history???!!!!!!!!

Elephanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:26 PM   #13
Wytie

Mouse Betrayer!

[email protected] wrote:
Izzypop wrote:
Tends to? It will take you out of combat every time (as long as its only a 1v1) This makes it easy for troubadors to NEVER lose fame. As soon as you get below 50%, charm the other player. Combat breaks and when they re-engage, you're below 50% and they get nothing.

Thats when you PT there ars at 95% to finish him before the charm mouhahahah  lol  Paikis SMILEY

/flee

Old 07-23-2007, 01:09 PM   #14
Izzypop

Loremaster

Troubs don't need a nerf, but it sounds like charm pulling people out of combat does.  Off the top of my head Coercers,  Enchanters down an AA line, and a CT miracle can also charm players.  I'm really not too worried about SOE fixing it as charm removing players from pvp combat was never an intended consequence of charm, but it may take a while as SOE can be a little slow to do stuff on it's players "Honey Do List"
Old 07-23-2007, 07:27 PM   #15
Mildavyn

Loremaster

Charm cannot force you into combat. Cannot. EVER.

Charmed players will defend you, but only until charm breaks. You cannot give charmed players orders.

Ashk, Guardian

Sslyth, Necromancer

Mirbolt, Shadowknight

Mildayvin, Assasin

Verminius, Defiler
Old 07-23-2007, 07:58 PM   #16
Cantilena

Loremaster

Back in EQ1, (a game that had REAL Bards!) we used to be able to charm people, make them attack the guards and run away at speeds that make this game's griffons feel slow!

/sigh...  the good ol' days!