EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-22-2007, 07:27 AM   #1
Pudis

General

IMO i feel track either should be removed from pvp for player tracking or create a quest so ALL players can gain player tracking ability
Pudis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:34 AM   #2
Mildavyn

Loremaster

/yawn

No.

Ashk, Guardian

Sslyth, Necromancer

Mirbolt, Shadowknight

Mildayvin, Assasin

Verminius, Defiler
Mildavyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:34 AM   #3
Vydar
Server: Vox
Guild: Crimson

Loremaster

It's tough enough to find a fight already, don't make it even harder SMILEY Track already either got a sneaky nerf or its just bugged now. I don't see people on track till I'm almost on top of them these days.
Vydar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:43 AM   #4
Borias
Server: Venekor
Guild: Shadows of Storm

Loremaster

When I first read the topic name I thought for sure this was by Ajjantis.

You can have track.  I will be happy to take either plate armor, heals, big nukes, or spike dps to make it fair.

Thx.

Borias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:45 AM   #5
Elephanton

General

does the word "scout" (to scout) mean anything to you?

Elephanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:45 AM   #6
sprogn

General

Pudissy wrote:
IMO i feel track either should be removed from pvp for player tracking or create a quest so ALL players can gain player tracking ability

All players do have a tracking ability.  It's called /invite.

Stop trying to be a one man have-it-all army.

Old 07-22-2007, 10:12 AM   #7
XeroXs84

Loremaster

sprognak wrote:

Aw all i want for my warlock is plate armor, tracking, permanent see stealth, decap, harmtouch and a few heals.. thats all
Old 07-22-2007, 10:27 AM   #8
Vilesummon
Guild: Exalted

Loremaster

I have heard various discussions about track in the past...some good, some bad. You can't outright remove an ability of the scouts because that would be too much of a nerf. I have always thought the predators should have the widest scope for track since that is what they specialize in. Perhaps, you could make an argument that the area that is covered by track is shortened, but you can't say "remove it". You can even make an argument that if you are on a flying transport track doesn't work to pick up things...but again, you can not remove it. I think you could even make the argument that (and some people won't agree) if you need a totem to see something (ie. swash needing owl totem to see invis) then you shouldn't be able to track it but again, you can't say the skill shouldn't exist. Dude, I am a clothie and get mauled by the scouts but you live with it. Use the totems so you disable their ability to land the huge hits from the get go...or god forbid, travel with a scout in your group. Hmmmmm, maybe my scout pet should get limited track SMILEY. One of the worst parts of the game of late is people wanting skills taken away from other classes...QUIT the nerfing. As I said, you might make a case for modification but not removal, that would be silly.
Vilesummon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:14 AM   #9
Darkor
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Nexus

Loremaster

Cant remove an ability that people had allready since day 1.

What i would more like to see is having invisibility and stealth play a bigger role. Make it that track is NOT affected by see invis/stealth totems/items.

You want to see if people are right behind you, following you and wait for the right moment? buy a totem.

But they should only show up on track if they are not invis or stealth. Those two abilities are absolutaly useless right now in pvp; thats why i say bring em back!

Darkor 90 Swashbuckler

Daerkin 90 Shadowknight

Daerkor 90 Templar

Ajjantis 90 Warden

Melodic 90 Dirge

Dayo 90 Monk

Rasiel 88 Conjuror

Razyeel 70 Wizard

Biyon 65 Beastlord
Darkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:13 PM   #10
Kram337

Loremaster

Ajjantis wrote:

Cant remove an ability that people had allready since day 1.

What i would more like to see is having invisibility and stealth play a bigger role. Make it that track is NOT affected by see invis/stealth totems/items.

You want to see if people are right behind you, following you and wait for the right moment? buy a totem.

But they should only show up on track if they are not invis or stealth. Those two abilities are absolutaly useless right now in pvp; thats why i say bring em back!

Invis/sneak aren't useless in PvP. That's what I use to sneak up and kill you before you know what hit you. Far from useless. I'd wager to say that your main problem isn't so much that you can be found via track, but that you're killed once they find you.
Kram337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 03:35 PM   #11
Pudis

General

LoL ... did i ever say i had problems with people killing me (well rangers but they are overpowered imho :twistedSMILEY, no i'm just thoroughly enjoying the bashing scout types have finally gotten (after 2 1/2 years campaigning) and now, finally as a t7 wizzie i can hold my head up high and actually fight back with success ... so lets go for more, lets see the mighty who were once on high fall further and lets see bitterness and revenge served up as a cold potato salad, with some oven iven fries and a potein dish of carribean style chicken.

Seriously though i did say remove OR make it so all can quest it on pvp server for PC only

Old 07-22-2007, 04:15 PM   #12
Spider

Loremaster

id just liek to say my main is a 70 inquis and i think the op's suggestion is

welll tbh

Sub moronic

i mean wahts next  gonna ask thjem to remove my reactive heals  or give them to everyone via a quest ?

get a clue man

Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 04:17 PM   #13
Cyst
Guild: Circle of Storms

Loremaster

I thought this was Ajjantis or one of his new forum bots.

There is nothing wrong with track, and as a tracker and a stealther who carries 210+ minutes worth of see stealth and see invis totems, you would only give me the upper hand if you didn't allow the totems to work with track. Why? Because everyone hangs out in the same areas in every zone. I only need track to find people hunting because most PvPers do the same things every day.

You nerfaholics need to realize when SoE nerfs, it's global. They remove something from me, they're going to remove something from you or did the last patch not teach you something? And Pudissy they're looking at the new manashield now to determine if it isn't overpowered, so keep pushing.

Cyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 04:37 PM   #14
Cocytus

Loremaster

Yeah. let's remove the scout's ability to....scout.
Cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 04:40 PM   #15
Spider

Loremaster

Cocytus wrote:
rofl
Old 07-22-2007, 06:08 PM   #16
Izzypop

Loremaster

Try this.... /Wrists errr I mean /Invite Wow you have track now as long as you can find a scout.  I know they are a hard to come by class in eq2 and it''s a lot easier finding more common classes like Clerics, Shaman, or Enchanters, but I have faith in your ability to find a much sought after, hard to find, and rare scout. One a serious note, how about removing track when it rains, and extending track range a little bit when it's not raining. Now that would be cool.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:10 PM   #17
zorros

Loremaster

sprognak wrote:
Pudissy wrote:

Or you can hide in ss bridge and just wait for people to zone and get easy kills that way.No need for track then.
zorros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:14 PM   #18
Darkor
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Nexus

Loremaster

Demron wrote:

Why dont we meet somewhere and i will introduce you to one of those "forum bots". Let me know when and where.

Darkor 90 Swashbuckler

Daerkin 90 Shadowknight

Daerkor 90 Templar

Ajjantis 90 Warden

Melodic 90 Dirge

Dayo 90 Monk

Rasiel 88 Conjuror

Razyeel 70 Wizard

Biyon 65 Beastlord
Darkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:31 PM   #19
Cyst

Loremaster

Ajjantis wrote:
Demron wrote:

Why dont we meet somewhere and i will introduce you to one of those "forum bots". Let me know when and where.
Any where on Norrath at any time when you least expect it, and when I'm 70 trying on my new PvP gear. I'll be looking for your nerf Ranger post afterwards.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:52 PM   #20
Pudis

General

Spider wrote:

id just liek to say my main is a 70 inquis and i think the op's suggestion is

welll tbh

Sub moronic

i mean wahts next  gonna ask thjem to remove my reactive heals  or give them to everyone via a quest ?

get a clue man

What a excellent suggestion, can we have re-active heals or quest for them, it would be great, thanks SMILEY
Old 07-22-2007, 09:40 PM   #21
shagr1414

Lord

Cocytus wrote:

Well maybe not the ability to scout but seriously SOE needs to redefine the classes skills a bit.  A class that is a scout is just that a scout, means, to find targets and let others know.  Never in lore was it stated that a scout was a 2 seconds devastator. Meanwhile thats what most scout in eq2 are atm. If your going to go off about CLASS DEFINING abilities, then hence forth come in with the summoner CLASS DEFINING abiltites of total whoopass on a non healing , easy kill. But no, SOE felt it amusing to allow anyone to macro 2 keys and drop a summoner.  Fine so be it.....thing is when we catch you in the wild and completely devastate the scout, lets not hear anymore BS about im quitting the game blah blah blah. 

We all seem to forget a summoner can totaly destroy with our CLASS DEFINING abiltities, but since scouts can outdps us in the first 2 sec of the fight, there won't ever be a balance there.

shagr1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:49 PM   #22
Spider

Loremaster

shagr1414 wrote:
Cocytus wrote:

Well maybe not the ability to scout but seriously SOE needs to redefine the classes skills a bit.  A class that is a scout is just that a scout, means, to find targets and let others know.  Never in lore was it stated that a scout was a 2 seconds devastator. Meanwhile thats what most scout in eq2 are atm. If your going to go off about CLASS DEFINING abilities, then hence forth come in with the summoner CLASS DEFINING abiltites of total whoopass on a non healing , easy kill. But no, SOE felt it amusing to allow anyone to macro 2 keys and drop a summoner.  Fine so be it.....thing is when we catch you in the wild and completely devastate the scout, lets not hear anymore BS about im quitting the game blah blah blah. 

We all seem to forget a summoner can totaly destroy with our CLASS DEFINING abiltities, but since scouts can outdps us in the first 2 sec of the fight, there won't ever be a balance there.

so what your saying here is whine whine ... cry cry ... im not ubar . cry whine cry

get a grip scouts ahve track and do DPS its what scouts do  live with it  jsut like healers have  /gasp heals and summoners have /gasp PETS  

the game is BALANCED  its been BALANCED

its called GROUP PLAY  group vs group this game is extreemely well balanced  

but there is NO way to make a game well balanced in both group AND solo situations so its mostly balanced ( although a bit paper rock scizors) in solo fights and well balalnced group v group  tahts life enjoy it

Old 07-22-2007, 10:23 PM   #23
deepruntramp

Defender

Track is extraordinarily powerful.  Far too powerful to be given to the highest DPS classes in the game (Rangers/Assassins/Brigands/Swashbucklers). In DAOC, there was a notorious hack program simply called "Radar" that, well, was radar.  You got a readout of all players near you and could pop them up on a map.  It saw through stealth and invisible.  Use of Radar was a bannable offense.  Not only was it a hack, it was publically denounced by Mythic (developers of DAOC) for granting far too much of an advantage.  Track is really no different.  And if you don't agree with that, you're either blind or have a personal vested interest in keeping Track as it is in PVP (ie, you play a Scout yourself and recognize how powerful it is). Furthermore, I'm confused as to why Scouts get Track when no other archetype has an archetype ability like that.  Screw "lore" or "roleplaying" reasons.  Balance comes before all that.  Substance before style.
deepruntramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:47 PM   #24
Cyst

Loremaster

The irony here is the only defense against stealthers; Brigands, Assassins, Swashbucklers, and Rangers is track. Remove tracking and you are going to hate life. You'll never be able to stay in one spot for very long without it, and say good bye to those hot spots people like to hunt, or harvest in. The amount of places a person can hide in and pan their camera around to watch are numerous, and make for great ambush points.

Actually, I'm all for removing track and I'm a Ranger. But I understand how much more powerful I'd be without it.

P.S. This isn't DAoC and I played DAoC for 3 years. Next you'll want battlegrounds because you can't find anyone to fight.

Old 07-22-2007, 10:54 PM   #25
Spider

Loremaster

deepruntramp wrote:
Track is extraordinarily powerful.  Far too powerful to be given to the highest DPS classes in the game (Rangers/Assassins/Brigands/Swashbucklers). In DAOC, there was a notorious hack program simply called "Radar" that, well, was radar.  You got a readout of all players near you and could pop them up on a map.  It saw through stealth and invisible.  Use of Radar was a bannable offense.  Not only was it a hack, it was publically denounced by Mythic (developers of DAOC) for granting far too much of an advantage.  Track is really no different.  And if you don't agree with that, you're either blind or have a personal vested interest in keeping Track as it is in PVP (ie, you play a Scout yourself and recognize how powerful it is). Furthermore, I'm confused as to why Scouts get Track when no other archetype has an archetype ability like that.  Screw "lore" or "roleplaying" reasons.  Balance comes before all that.  Substance before style.

poitnn being  ? in swg everyone got a freaking radar its realy NOT taht big a deal in the end it jsut leadsyou to the general area of people and esspecialy track in this game is slow to update  and isnt dependable

and no i dont play a brig or ranger or swashy or any of those i play an  inquis with NO track and a BARD with NO dps 

Old 07-23-2007, 12:13 AM   #26
Mildavyn

Loremaster

deepruntramp wrote:
Furthermore, I'm confused as to why Scouts get Track when no other archetype has an archetype ability like that.  Screw "lore" or "roleplaying" reasons.  Balance comes before all that.  Substance before style.

You think rangers are overpowered now? Wait until you see what happens when they cant be tracked! How badly would it suck for them to ALWAYS get the drop?

Furthermore, I'm confused as to why healers get heals, when no other archtype has an archtype like that. Screw "lore" or "roleplaying" reasons. Balance comes before all that. Substance before style.

Didn't that just sound really stupid? Now go read what you said in the quote. Pretty dumb huh? Scouts get to track because they're SCOUTS! Finding things is what a scout does. They also get to do pretty good DPS (Although nothing even CLOSE to what a mage can do) because, well... what use is finding someone if you cant do anything about it? Hurray! I found the guy... now what?

Oh and for those people who are about to type a reply telling me that paladins/necros/dirges/other classes can heal, go read the post again. Deepruntramp said ARCHTYPE ABILITY. For tanks, that would be taunts, healers would be heals, mages would be 'blowing stuff up'.

Ashk, Guardian

Sslyth, Necromancer

Mirbolt, Shadowknight

Mildayvin, Assasin

Verminius, Defiler
Old 07-23-2007, 01:10 AM   #27
Badaxe Ba

General

track is so buggy most of the time, it isn't even funny.  I had a player in full view, could watch what he was doing, yet he wasn't on my track at all.  Sure you can say, 'Oh you're a ranger of course you want to keep track", but honestly, if it worked like it should, we'd be even harder to catch.  You might as well ask SOE to remove scouts altogether from PVP.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:15 AM   #28
Pudis

General

[email protected] wrote:
deepruntramp wrote:
Furthermore, I'm confused as to why Scouts get Track when no other archetype has an archetype ability like that.  Screw "lore" or "roleplaying" reasons.  Balance comes before all that.  Substance before style.

You think rangers are overpowered now? Wait until you see what happens when they cant be tracked! How badly would it suck for them to ALWAYS get the drop?

Furthermore, I'm confused as to why healers get heals, when no other archtype has an archtype like that. Screw "lore" or "roleplaying" reasons. Balance comes before all that. Substance before style.

Didn't that just sound really stupid? Now go read what you said in the quote. Pretty dumb huh? Scouts get to track because they're SCOUTS! Finding things is what a scout does. They also get to do pretty good DPS (Although nothing even CLOSE to what a mage can do) because, well... what use is finding someone if you cant do anything about it? Hurray! I found the guy... now what?

Oh and for those people who are about to type a reply telling me that paladins/necros/dirges/other classes can heal, go read the post again. Deepruntramp said ARCHTYPE ABILITY. For tanks, that would be taunts, healers would be heals, mages would be 'blowing stuff up'.

Interesting statement in red, seenig as on my t7 mage ... i am pvp specc'd in order to survive the wilds of Norranth yet in raids i am regularly out parsed by scout classes ... in addition i dont have the stuns, stifles or burst damage you have nor the ability to cast on the run ... mage classes are high dps, with the right build but then your pvp is useless.

Mages can't have it both ways ... but scouts can

Old 07-23-2007, 01:48 AM   #29
Mildavyn

Loremaster

Pudissy wrote:

Finding things is what a scout does. They also get to do pretty good DPS (Although nothing even CLOSE to what a mage can do) because, well... what use is finding someone if you cant do anything about it? Hurray! I found the guy... now what?

Interesting statement in red, seenig as on my t7 mage ... i am pvp specc'd in order to survive the wilds of Norranth yet in raids i am regularly out parsed by scout classes ... in addition i dont have the stuns, stifles or burst damage you have nor the ability to cast on the run ... mage classes are high dps, with the right build but then your pvp is useless.

Mages can't have it both ways ... but scouts can

Very interesting indeed. Take a look at this group parse from a 3-mob encounter in FTH. Notice how the conjuror is sitting at 3463 DPS? Notice the warlock, also over 3k?

Ashk, Guardian

Sslyth, Necromancer

Mirbolt, Shadowknight

Mildayvin, Assasin

Verminius, Defiler
Old 07-23-2007, 02:12 AM   #30
Izzypop

Loremaster

Give me an I I Give me a F F Give me a L L Give me a 2 2 Give me a P P