EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Services > EQ2Players.com Website Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-01-2007, 01:16 AM   #61
Dark_Grue

Loremaster

Seagoat wrote:

Grue, I have a question about the way Sigmaster handles the class names...

More specifically, how will it handle the "Shadow Knight" class, since it has a space in it?  Do the sig block / layout filenames need a space, or will the space be replaced with an underscore, or...?

Uh... I think they need a space (which is perfectly allowable in both UNIX and Windows, it just looks a little silly), let me double-check...

Yup. It'd be something like "sigblockbasename_Shadow Knight.png" or "Shadow Knight.png". If it ends up being a problem for people, creating filenames like that, I can always add in a str_replace() to change the spaces in a class name to an underscore for the next version. It looks a little silly, but I assure you they're legal file names. Whether the interface you have to your server will allow you to create or transfer them is another matter, however.

Next version may take a while since a) I'm taking a break to do things I neglected while working on Roster Master and b) as you already know, I have earth-shattering changes in mind to make to the quest and access tracker that will be made. I can probably whip up a quickie fix if you need it though.

Dark_Grue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:28 AM   #62
Seagoat

Tester

I can do a fix, y'know.  SMILEY  I was mostly just curious if you remembered that "Shadow Knight" had a space in it, and if the code does anything special with it because of said space.  SMILEY

I'd feel more comfortable with a str_replace(), so I think I'll go that route...I'll post tweak instructions here after I get my own code tweaked on the off chance that anyone else wants / needs the change.

Seagoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:37 AM   #63
jey10

Loremaster

Greetings all, Good news I was able to get Dragonfly up and running on one of my websites....  Whoot... Hopefully I can get it to look like some of your sites... Awsome work mates..
Old 03-01-2007, 02:12 AM   #64
Seagoat

Tester

jey10 wrote:
Greetings all, Good news I was able to get Dragonfly up and running on one of my websites....  Whoot... Hopefully I can get it to look like some of your sites...
Great news!  Did you figure out what the problem was?  (Detailing what was going on and what you did to fix it is good, in case someone else comes here with the same issue.)  SMILEY
Old 03-01-2007, 10:31 AM   #65
jey10

Loremaster

Hi, From what I gathered from within the old tread on RM and from various other threads on the dragonfly forums....  The dragonfly installer did NOT like "CAPs" in the DB name and my hosting service included CAP's... Here is the Thread that helped me get mine to work...  http://www.cpgnuke.com/Forums/viewt...sc/start=0.html Now that I have it up and running I am having an issue with the following thing in RM... 1.  The sigblock link http://www.grenricks.com/index.php?...terId=415233106 does not seem to work... Just goes to a blank white page. I have not gone through all the different areas that I can use in Dragonfly nor RM yet but I am liking what I see.. I thank you for all your help and knowledge share with regards to this and other issues that I have had.. Regards,
Old 03-01-2007, 01:19 PM   #66
Tetrion

Loremaster

Thank you all for your hard work on the EoF convertion to v6. In V5 I was using the manual update for RM4DF. In v6 I do not see where I can set the local files. It looks like there are 4 web pages RM4DF looks at from EQ2Players, if I can get verification of where I need to put my local file names and the links to the pages the updates are coming from would be greatly appreciated. Below are what I have seen in the config.inc file. 

$config['server_url'] = 'http://eq2players.station.sony.com/servers/server_profile.vm?serverId='.substr($config['guild_id'], -3, 3);

$config['guild_url'] = 'http://eq2players.station.sony.com/guilds/guild_profile.vm?guildId='.$config['guild_id'];

$config['csv_roster_url'] = 'http://eq2players.station.sony.com/guilds/guild_roster_csv.vm?guildId='.$config['guild_id'];

$config['char_url'] = 'http://eq2players.station.sony.com/characters/character_profile.vm?characterId=';

I should be able to save the souce of each of these pages as a local file to be pared is this correct? Also the format for the local file should be:

$config['csv_roster_url'] = 'roster.html';

Is this also correct?

Old 03-01-2007, 02:26 PM   #67
Seagoat

Tester

Tetrion wrote:

Thank you all for your hard work on the EoF convertion to v6. In V5 I was using the manual update for RM4DF. In v6 I do not see where I can set the local files. It looks like there are 4 web pages RM4DF looks at from EQ2Players, if I can get verification of where I need to put my local file names and the links to the pages the updates are coming from would be greatly appreciated. Below are what I have seen in the config.inc file.

[snip] 

I should be able to save the souce of each of these pages as a local file to be pared is this correct? Also the format for the local file should be:

Is this also correct?

Hmm...  Pardon me for sounding confused, but I kinda am.  SMILEY  What's the purpose of saving the files locally before parsing them?  It seems like you'd be taking an extra step to do what the script does on its own anyway...

Those URLs in config.inc are indeed the pages that the script scrapes data from; you shouldn't have any need to change those values (which is why they're separated from the "user configuration" portion of config.inc).  If the roster can't contact those pages, it just logs a fail in the logfile and continues to display the most recent data, which is cached in the database.

If I'm missing something obvious, please help me understand what it is!  :-/

Old 03-01-2007, 02:33 PM   #68
Seagoat

Tester

jey10 wrote:

Hi, From what I gathered from within the old tread on RM and from various other threads on the dragonfly forums....  The dragonfly installer did NOT like "CAPs" in the DB name and my hosting service included CAP's... Here is the Thread that helped me get mine to work...  http://www.cpgnuke.com/Forums/viewt...sc/start=0.html Now that I have it up and running I am having an issue with the following thing in RM... 1.  The sigblock link http://www.grenricks.com/index.php?...terId=415233106 does not seem to work... Just goes to a blank white page. I have not gone through all the different areas that I can use in Dragonfly nor RM yet but I am liking what I see.. I thank you for all your help and knowledge share with regards to this and other issues that I have had..

I'm glad you were able to get it working!  I think I was one of the first to pick up on the DB name issue...they supposedly fixed it in an updated installer, but I haven't heard for sure one way or another.

I'm getting a 404 error when trying to view that sig URL.  Have you tried debugging your sigmaster.inc?  I posted the steps here, plus they're in the INSTALL.TXT file included with the RM4DF ZIP.

Give that a shot and let us know what you come up with.  SMILEY

Old 03-01-2007, 04:18 PM   #69
Tetrion

Loremaster

Seagoat wrote:

Hmm...  Pardon me for sounding confused, but I kinda am.  SMILEY  What's the purpose of saving the files locally before parsing them?  It seems like you'd be taking an extra step to do what the script does on its own anyway...

[snip]

missing something obvious, please help me understand what it is!  :-/

Actually, the confusion is  because I am forced to manually update my RM. My hosting provider does not allow for html traffic outbound from the server so I have been saving the source of the roster and guild pages. DarkGrue had that built in v5 but had it commented out. So again now that the program works, I am just looking to modify my config.inc so I can continue to do this task manually. (Unless you know a different work around).

Many thanks for your help

Old 03-01-2007, 04:55 PM   #70
Seagoat

Tester

I've finally finished cleaning up the original Roster Master thread, and I've got it uploaded and ready to be used as a reference, if anyone needs it.

You can find it here:  http://thehalasianempire.com/rm/01.php

I've also added this information to the OP.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:23 PM   #71
Dark_Grue

Loremaster

Tetrion wrote:

$config['server_url'] = 'http://eq2players.station.sony.com/servers/server_profile.vm?serverId='.substr($config['guild_id'], -3, 3);

$config['guild_url'] = 'http://eq2players.station.sony.com/guilds/guild_profile.vm?guildId='.$config['guild_id'];

$config['csv_roster_url'] = 'http://eq2players.station.sony.com/guilds/guild_roster_csv.vm?guildId='.$config['guild_id'];

$config['char_url'] = 'http://eq2players.station.sony.com/characters/character_profile.vm?characterId=';

Is this also correct?

No, it's not. There are only 2 files RM looks at - and that's not the place to change them if you're using that unsupported hack.

The first rule of explictly unsupported feature club is that you do not talk about explicitly unsupported features. SMILEY

Two of the links point to the roster CSV file and the guild summary, and the other are only used to provide inline links to the EQ2Players.com player summary pages and guild summary pages, and are not used for parsing.

Please go back and read the comments/instructions in config.inc for the $config['read_file_hack'] setting. I'll be honest and say I didn't test it. At all. But it should still work.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:41 PM   #72
Seagoat

Tester

Dark_Grue wrote:

The first rule of explictly unsupported feature club is that you do not talk about explicitly unsupported features. SMILEY

ROFL!!

Old 03-02-2007, 02:47 AM   #73
Seagoat

Tester

Bringing this over from the Sigs forum...

Vy wrote:

I have always wanted to try to incorporate Roster Master into my website.  Im glad they at least made EQ2Roster able to work on guildportal.  I always tried to read up on, and use the Roster Master, but for some reason I just don't quite get how to use it.  I soo wish that I could.

And awesome idea with your sigs like that. Its genious to have that capability on a sig.

Whats the best place to start reading again to try and figure out how to incorporate Roster Master into my site?

I'm not familiar with the way GuildPortal operates...do you have FTP access to your site, and will they allow you to run PHP scripts?  If so, I imagine that the stand-alone version would be your best bet, but it doesn't include the quest trackers or the dynamic sig generator.  :-/

If you have access to a *nix webserver that's running PHP and an SQL database, Dragonfly CMS is the best, as far as EQ2-friendly blocks and modules go.  I'm not sure if any other game out there has the types of fun goodies us EverQuesters do.  SMILEY

We're happy to help, so feel free to ask any questions you like (about either Dragonfly or Roster Master).

Old 03-02-2007, 03:59 AM   #74
Dark_Grue

Loremaster

Seagoat wrote:

Vy wrote:

I have always wanted to try to incorporate Roster Master into my website.  Im glad they at least made EQ2Roster able to work on guildportal.  I always tried to read up on, and use the Roster Master, but for some reason I just don't quite get how to use it.  I soo wish that I could.

And awesome idea with your sigs like that. Its genious to have that capability on a sig.

Whats the best place to start reading again to try and figure out how to incorporate Roster Master into my site?

I'm not familiar with the way GuildPortal operates...do you have FTP access to your site, and will they allow you to run PHP scripts?  If so, I imagine that the stand-alone version would be your best bet, but it doesn't include the quest trackers or the dynamic sig generator.  :-/

If you have access to a *nix webserver that's running PHP and an SQL database, Dragonfly CMS is the best, as far as EQ2-friendly blocks and modules go.  I'm not sure if any other game out there has the types of fun goodies us EverQuesters do.  SMILEY

We're happy to help, so feel free to ask any questions you like (about either Dragonfly or Roster Master).

Just following the link and looking at the metatdata, looks like GuildPortal's using something called "Axiom Shift Community Serivces Engine", which I've never heard of, but now that I have all I know of it that it sure sounds pretentious as hell...

Moving along... I read up on the FAQ on the GuildPortal site:

Can I run my PHP, ASP, or CGI scripts on GuildPortal? (09. Advanced Administration)

PHP, ASP and CGI scripts use server-side resources to execute, and can access databases, modify the file system, and bring a server to its knees if not properly optimized.  Because of the security concerns, as well as those concerning performance, GuildPortal cannot host server-side scripts written externally.

There are alternatives, however.  For example, if you have a script hosted on another server, you could have it output XML data and then use the GuildPortal XML/XSL Transform content type to display that data in your guild pages.  You could also create an Embedded Page content type that points to the page on your external server where your script is running.

So it would appear that the answer is basically no - you'd have to host Roster Master on another server. RM doesn't support outputting XML with XSL stylesheets (and to anticipate the question, never will). It wouldn't help if it did, since you'd still have to host the application externally, and if you're going to run RM on another server, you might as well run Dragonfly and RM4DF, and then what would you need GuildPortal for in the first place?

Of course, it probably won't be free or as cheap as the GP paid option to do that (because as they mention, hosting executable content and databases requires systems resources and involves some risk), but free only gets you so far. I have no idea what "decent" hosting costs for a DF site. I have my own bandwidth, on my own servers.

If you host yourself, you will need a business account since 99.99999% (a statistic I just made up right now) of ISPs will have written right into the home user Terms of Service that you may not host content (while you can work around this with technical means such as using DynamicDNS and other things, but you will be in violation of your contract, and they would be within their rights to put you in breach of contract, which may leave you with ZERO choices for ISPs, and no connectivity at all - I don't recommend hosting content if it's not allowed by your ToS). Expect to pay more for a business account with the same or less bandwith than you can get for those really low rates they advertise on TV for home accounts. A lot more. Enough bandwith to run a Web/SMTP/TeamSpeak server setup will probably run you $100/mo. Server hardware can be gotten cheap off of eBay. I recommend SPARC harware - you can get a pretty loaded-out Ultra 2 for $300-400, but you'd better know what you're buying. If you have old desktops lying around, slap your favorite Linux distro (or Solaris x86) on - they're free - and go from there. I've been running the guild TeamSpeak Server on an old Dell GX110 - which is a Celeron 750 with like 256MB RAM. Handled 24 people no  problem, it ate the available bandwidth for lunch though. TeamSpeak needs bandwidth so much so it'll make even a heavily loaded Web server look like nothing. Hardware/software costs are pretty minimal. I like using a hardware firewall in front of the servers (expensive, especially if you realize that nearly all vendors now require yearly contiguous maintenance contracts even for firmware updates), but a properly configured server behind a NATting router that uses stateful packet inspection (a lot of cheap home routers do this now, but not all) with seLinux or equivalent protections can be just as secure... if you know what you're doing. If you don't, expect nasty letters from your ISP. Self-hosting isn't the cheapest way to go, or the easiest, but it does give you an amazing amount of control and flexibility, and you learn a ton.

Most people will, I expect, wish to use a hosted service in order to avoid large bandwith costs, harware costs, hardware repair/replacement costs, the noise (although the Ultra 2's pretty quiet, I can't run the PowerEdge 1650 I got because it's too [Removed for Content] loud), there's the electric bill, the server rooms warmer than the rest of the house (which isn't all that bad in the Winter), the headaches of server administration, etc...

[Removed for Content], now that I put it that way, why did I pick up this hobby in the first place? Oh, right, being able to grok Unix and having software integration and development experience is a hirable job skill. And makes me a multiple-threat in my career. Worked for me, anyway. SMILEY

GuildPortal would appear to be, on the face of it, a much better alternative to what Sony's asking people to pay for, only it has ads (oh wait, so does EQ2Players), and doesn't seem to suck quite so bad as what SoE's foisting off on consumers (go look at the long litany of complaints in this very Forum). It's just not infinitely extensible.

Old 03-02-2007, 09:11 AM   #75
Tetrion

Loremaster

Dark_Grue wrote:

I was never here...these are not the droids you are looking for.... I can go now.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:40 AM   #76
jey10

Loremaster

Greetings,   I did as you asked and turned on the Debug feature for the Sigmaster.ini  Here is the error I am getting when I try to generate a sig..
Could not find font file "modules/Roster_Master/fonts/VINERITC.TTF".
I found the issue I am missing a font...is there a place where I can get this font? SMILEY   Also here are a few other things I found... 1.  Our guild uses this type of Rank...  (Senior Officer) Baron or Baroness - You have to be sure to have your config.inc  [Lookup_rank] setup properly.  I was missing a space between the last ) and the first letter from then name.
$config['lookup_rank'] = array(     '(Senior Officer) Baron or Baroness' => 1,     '(Senior Officer) Lord or Lady' => 2,     '(Officer) Count or Countess' => 3,     '(Senior Member) Duke or Duchess' => 4,     '(Member)Noble' => 5,     'Marshall' => 6,     'Captain' => 7,     'Soldier' => 8 ,
Old 03-02-2007, 02:07 PM   #77
Seagoat

Tester

Dark_Grue wrote:

[I cannot control my vocabulary], now that I put it that way, why did I pick up this hobby in the first place? Oh, right, being able to grok Unix and having software integration and development experience is a hirable job skill. And makes me a multiple-threat in my career. Worked for me, anyway. SMILEY

GuildPortal would appear to be, on the face of it, a much better alternative to what Sony's asking people to pay for, only it has ads (oh wait, so does EQ2Players), and doesn't seem to suck quite so bad as what SoE's foisting off on consumers (go look at the long litany of complaints in this very Forum). It's just not infinitely extensible.

*chuckles*

I, for one, purchased a pretty sweet hosting package with my host...it costs me about $93 a year ($7.77 a month, woot!), but I get a lot of extras and tons of space to stretch out.  The domain costs about $15 a year.  All the programs I use to manage my website (coding, FTP, various other little tools) are free, so that saves some money.  It seems like a lot, but once a year isn't so bad, and like Grue said, the more I do myself, the more I learn.  If you're not learning anything, or having fun, what's the point?  SMILEY

In my opinion, DIY is the way to go.  You'll develop basic computer/IT skills I think everyone should try their hand at, especially in this day and age.

Old 03-02-2007, 02:11 PM   #78
Seagoat

Tester

jey10 wrote:
Greetings,   I did as you asked and turned on the Debug feature for the Sigmaster.ini  Here is the error I am getting when I try to generate a sig..
Could not find font file "modules/Roster_Master/fonts/VINERITC.TTF".
I found the issue I am missing a font...is there a place where I can get this font? SMILEY

Hehe...look in your C:WindowsFonts folder.  SMILEY  Just FTP the TTF file to the server where the RM4DF fonts live (/modules/Roster_Master/fonts).

jey10 wrote:

Also here are a few other things I found... 1.  Our guild uses this type of Rank...  (Senior Officer) Baron or Baroness - You have to be sure to have your config.inc  [Lookup_rank] setup properly.  I was missing a space between the last ) and the first letter from then name.

That would definitely cause a breakage somewhere.  Glad you found it and squashed it!

Old 03-02-2007, 07:51 PM   #79
Vy

Loremaster

Dark_Grue wrote:
Seagoat wrote:

Vy wrote:

Just following the link and looking at the metatdata, looks like GuildPortal's using something called "Axiom Shift Community Serivces Engine", which I've never heard of, but now that I have all I know of it that it sure sounds pretentious as hell...

Moving along... I read up on the FAQ on the GuildPortal site:

Can I run my PHP, ASP, or CGI scripts on GuildPortal? (09. Advanced Administration)

PHP, ASP and CGI scripts use server-side resources to execute, and can access databases, modify the file system, and bring a server to its knees if not properly optimized.  Because of the security concerns, as well as those concerning performance, GuildPortal cannot host server-side scripts written externally.

There are alternatives, however.  For example, if you have a script hosted on another server, you could have it output XML data and then use the GuildPortal XML/XSL Transform content type to display that data in your guild pages.  You could also create an Embedded Page content type that points to the page on your external server where your script is running.

So it would appear that the answer is basically no - you'd have to host Roster Master on another server. RM doesn't support outputting XML with XSL stylesheets (and to anticipate the question, never will). It wouldn't help if it did, since you'd still have to host the application externally, and if you're going to run RM on another server, you might as well run Dragonfly and RM4DF, and then what would you need GuildPortal for in the first place?

Of course, it probably won't be free or as cheap as the GP paid option to do that (because as they mention, hosting executable content and databases requires systems resources and involves some risk), but free only gets you so far. I have no idea what "decent" hosting costs for a DF site. I have my own bandwidth, on my own servers.

If you host yourself, you will need a business account since 99.99999% (a statistic I just made up right now) of ISPs will have written right into the home user Terms of Service that you may not host content (while you can work around this with technical means such as using DynamicDNS and other things, but you will be in violation of your contract, and they would be within their rights to put you in breach of contract, which may leave you with ZERO choices for ISPs, and no connectivity at all - I don't recommend hosting content if it's not allowed by your ToS). Expect to pay more for a business account with the same or less bandwith than you can get for those really low rates they advertise on TV for home accounts. A lot more. Enough bandwith to run a Web/SMTP/TeamSpeak server setup will probably run you $100/mo. Server hardware can be gotten cheap off of eBay. I recommend SPARC harware - you can get a pretty loaded-out Ultra 2 for $300-400, but you'd better know what you're buying. If you have old desktops lying around, slap your favorite Linux distro (or Solaris x86) on - they're free - and go from there. I've been running the guild TeamSpeak Server on an old Dell GX110 - which is a Celeron 750 with like 256MB RAM. Handled 24 people no  problem, it ate the available bandwidth for lunch though. TeamSpeak needs bandwidth so much so it'll make even a heavily loaded Web server look like nothing. Hardware/software costs are pretty minimal. I like using a hardware firewall in front of the servers (expensive, especially if you realize that nearly all vendors now require yearly contiguous maintenance contracts even for firmware updates), but a properly configured server behind a NATting router that uses stateful packet inspection (a lot of cheap home routers do this now, but not all) with seLinux or equivalent protections can be just as secure... if you know what you're doing. If you don't, expect nasty letters from your ISP. Self-hosting isn't the cheapest way to go, or the easiest, but it does give you an amazing amount of control and flexibility, and you learn a ton.

Most people will, I expect, wish to use a hosted service in order to avoid large bandwith costs, harware costs, hardware repair/replacement costs, the noise (although the Ultra 2's pretty quiet, I can't run the PowerEdge 1650 I got because it's too [I cannot control my vocabulary] loud), there's the electric bill, the server rooms warmer than the rest of the house (which isn't all that bad in the Winter), the headaches of server administration, etc...

[I cannot control my vocabulary], now that I put it that way, why did I pick up this hobby in the first place? Oh, right, being able to grok Unix and having software integration and development experience is a hirable job skill. And makes me a multiple-threat in my career. Worked for me, anyway. SMILEY

Ok Seagoat, or Dark_Grue maybe you can help me figure out what my webservice can do?

(its called a business plan too, although I choose basic) I currently use SYSOX, and it has these services available:    1 Domain   12 Subdomains   100 Aliases   100 E-mails   5 mailing lists   0 IPs   5 FTP's   1 Databases   MySQL MB 30   Traffic MB 300000   Storage MB 15000   Files 50000   I also have about 40 different sections with options, whereas I currently use about 2. There is a hosted domain section.

So far its sounds like maybe I can create and host anything needed, and for now have a link in guildportal to open a new window with Roster Master in it?

Old 03-03-2007, 03:07 AM   #80
jey10

Loremaster

Howdy, Okay, I noticed that there are NO fonts at all in the Fonts folder on RosterMaster...  Is it suppose to be empty?  If not is there a link to the various fonts that are needed to get the Sigmaster working? Been Debugging, hunting and uploading after each one I find missing.. Thanks,
Old 03-03-2007, 04:05 AM   #81
Seagoat

Tester

jey10 wrote:
Okay, I noticed that there are NO fonts at all in the Fonts folder on RosterMaster...  Is it suppose to be empty?  If not is there a link to the various fonts that are needed to get the Sigmaster working? Been Debugging, hunting and uploading after each one I find missing..

Yes, it's empty on purpose.  SMILEY

1. Creators of some fonts (who may or may not be the creators of the fonts referenced in the RM4DF release) don't want them redistributed.

2. It encourages RM4DF users to get creative and not use the default settings.  SMILEY

Find the fonts you want to use on your sigs, then copy those files to your /modules/Roster_Master/fonts directory, editing your sig template text files appropriately (no need to change sigmaster.inc, since that just contains a fallback template for when the script can't find the template you want to use).  Remember that the font filenames you reference are CaSe-SeNsItIvE!

And a reminder:  As Grue suggests in the INSTALL.TXT file, you should limit the fonts you use to two, both for resource and readability reasons.  SMILEY

Old 03-03-2007, 04:11 AM   #82
Seagoat

Tester

Vy wrote:

Ok Seagoat, or Dark_Grue maybe you can help me figure out what my webservice can do?

(its called a business plan too, although I choose basic) I currently use SYSOX, and it has these services available:    1 Domain   12 Subdomains   100 Aliases   100 E-mails   5 mailing lists   0 IPs   5 FTP's   1 Databases   MySQL MB 30   Traffic MB 300000   Storage MB 15000   Files 50000   I also have about 40 different sections with options, whereas I currently use about 2. There is a hosted domain section.

So far its sounds like maybe I can create and host anything needed, and for now have a link in guildportal to open a new window with Roster Master in it?

You could run the stand-alone version of Roster Master, then call it in an iframe on your GuildPortal site or link to it and have it open in a new window...but again, you won't be getting all the bells and whistles (the quest trackers and sig generator).

Since your hosting package already includes everything you need to run Dragonfly, it might look a little silly to install Dragonfly just to run RM4DF, then have it open in a new window.  You'd be seeing the Dragonfly header, menus, and footer, even if you tell it not to place blocks on either side of your roster.  People might get distracted and start navigating around your Dragonfly site, rather than browsing the pages you have on the GP site, hehe.

If you want all the goodies that RM4DF offers, you have to set up a Dragonfly installation.  If you're going to go that far, you may as well move your guild website to Dragonfly (maybe keeping the GP site for reference / archive purposes, if you have too much content to copy over).

Know what I mean?  SMILEY

Old 03-03-2007, 05:54 AM   #83
Dark_Grue

Loremaster

Vy wrote:

You've got plenty of file space, and I don't see why the DB space wouldn't be more than adequate. However, it doesn't say what the account's capabilities are in terms of executables. Is PHP available? Does it have the necessary runtime libaries linked into the PHP binary (both Dragonfly and RM4DF have pretty nominal needs, the only time people usually run into trouble is using Signature Master, because of the rather complicated interactions with the [Removed for Content] library and FreeType).

Since, I presume, you already have the service, I don't see how there'd be much harm in just going forward and setting up Dragonfly and RM4DF and seeing what happens.

Seagoat wrote:

jey10 wrote:
Okay, I noticed that there are NO fonts at all in the Fonts folder on RosterMaster...  Is it suppose to be empty?  If not is there a link to the various fonts that are needed to get the Sigmaster working? Been Debugging, hunting and uploading after each one I find missing..

1. Creators of some fonts (who may or may not be the creators of the fonts referenced in the RM4DF release) don't want them redistributed.

As usual, Seagoat's on the job even before I get home and can read the new posts. SMILEY

I will just add to this by saying that Reason #1 is, in fact, the only reason that counts. There are significant licensing issues with fonts, and redistribution of some of them is impossible, or complicated at best. There's also a Reason #3, and that is fonts are LARGE, and the graphics in Roster Master actually compose most of the bulk of the distro. Adding the fonts would make it even bigger for no real good reason.

Since if you're using Dragonfly, you've certainly got access to teh IntraWeb tubes, finding fonts isn't hard. The INSTALL.TXT file mentions that there are no fonts included, and suggests where you might start on finding free, unencumbered fonts. (This is why it's really important to read the docs all the way through, I put all sorts of really important and helpful stuff in there, and it wasn't because I needed to know! :winkSMILEY

I would hasten to point out that just because a font came with your copy of windows, doesn't necessarily mean you can copy it over to a Webserver and use it there. So, ahem, Viner, errr... well, no one's complained about it yet. I happen to really like Viner, as it's a nice scripty font that's not so scripty that it's unreadable. I don't think it's a big issue, but if you really want to be squeaky clean, make sure you understand the font's licensing pedigree before using it.

Old 03-04-2007, 02:41 PM   #84
Lantis

Loremaster

Hi everyone, I am pleased to announce that RosterMaster Stand Alone 1.2.0 Beta 1 is now available for public testing.  Most notable changes are the display of a guild summary, improved claim management, and progress report as data is being fetched and prepared for display.  Download it here:  Download The details: Changelog *** Database modified - please run rm_db_install.php and select appropriate upgrade option ***   - NEW: Now stores and (optionally) displays guild summary info retrieved through the EQ2Players          guild summary page (HTML parser by DarkGrue, backported from RM4DF 6.0.0)   - NEW: Added new tradeskill icons from Seagoat.   - NEW: Optional display of progress report as RMSA retrieves and prepares the data.   - NEW: New configuration options in config.php: 'progress_report', 'show_summary'   - IMPROVED: Increased max Rank field in the database from 20 to 255 characters.   - IMPROVED: Updated database access code.   - IMPROVED: User claims can now select their Character through a dropdown menu.  Cleaner, and more           secure.   - IMPROVED: Roster database updating is now more efficient - should improve performance on large guilds.   - IMPROVED: No longer waits 3 days before removing gone characters.   - IMPROVED: Updated CSS models.   - IMPROVED: Treat empty (0 byte long) flatfiles as non-existant - allows easier recovery from failed updates.   - FIXED: The database upgrade code was ignoring any configured database prefix.   - FIXED: Generated pages now validates as compliant HTML 4.01 code.   - CLEANUP: Eliminated global $total_members (wasn't used anywhere in the code) and $last_update (now    relies on field stored in the guild summary DB). Current plans for the future: 1.2.0 - Fixing of any bugs left and some final polishing. 1.3.0(?): - Backport the CSV parser, but still keep the XML parser in - either use both (for more complete information) or allow the administrator to select which one to use. - Rework the whole logging system - optionally log more info, with admin-configurable levels of verbosity - Make error reports more user-friendly (i.e. remove the SQL query errors from the page unless specifically enabled by the administrator for debugging purposes). Please report any issue or comment on this beta release, either through this forum, private forum mail, or through regular email. Finally, I'd like to extend special thanks to Seagoat for the new tradeskill icons and for taking care of coordinating this thread, and DarkGrue for the amazing work on RM4DF, some of which is finding its way down into the Stand Alone version SMILEY
Lantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:36 PM   #85
Seagoat

Tester

[email protected] Bayle wrote:
I am pleased to announce that RosterMaster Stand Alone 1.2.0 Beta 1 is now available for public testing.  Most notable changes are the display of a guild summary, improved claim management, and progress report as data is being fetched and prepared for display.

Looking good!  The OP has been updated.  SMILEY

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Finally, I'd like to extend special thanks to Seagoat for the new tradeskill icons and for taking care of coordinating this thread, and DarkGrue for the amazing work on RM4DF, some of which is finding its way down into the Stand Alone version SMILEY

*blush*  Thanks!!  I enjoy it, and others find it useful, so there you go.  SMILEY

Old 03-04-2007, 09:09 PM   #86
jey10

Loremaster

Seagoat wrote:
jey10 wrote:

2. It encourages RM4DF users to get creative and not use the default settings.  SMILEY

Find the fonts you want to use on your sigs, then copy those files to your /modules/Roster_Master/fonts directory, editing your sig template text files appropriately (no need to change sigmaster.inc, since that just contains a fallback template for when the script can't find the template you want to use).  Remember that the font filenames you reference are CaSe-SeNsItIvE!

And a reminder:  As Grue suggests in the INSTALL.TXT file, you should limit the fonts you use to two, both for resource and readability reasons.  SMILEY

You rock Seagoat.. Thanks for the help...
Old 03-05-2007, 04:05 AM   #87
Seagoat

Tester

Anytime, Jey.  SMILEY

I've got some new graphics uploaded to my website, for anyone who wants to use them.  I found the icons for each of the HQ rewards and created both transparent PNG versions (so you can put them on your own background) as well as JPG versions with colorized backgrounds that correspond to which part of the game in which you'll find each HQ:

• GREY = legacy
  • RED = Desert of Flames
  • BLUE = Kingdom of Sky
  • GREEN = Echoes of Faydwer

You can view all of my graphics downloads here:  http://thehalasianempire.com/index....wnloads&c=1

Randomness:  Has anyone else noticed that the expansions so far seem to correspond to the elements?  Desert of Flames is fire, Kingdom of Sky is air, Echoes of Faydwer is earth...I have the distinct feeling that Rise of Kunark will have lots of water.  SMILEY  (Do I get a prize if I'm right??  Can I pretty please win my server's lotto?!  LOL)

Old 03-07-2007, 02:24 AM   #88
Lantis

Loremaster

Tonight is a '2-for-1' special on RosterMaster Stand Alone SMILEY First: RosterMaster 1.2.0 final has been released.  Only change since Beta 1 was moving the version string out of the config file and into the main rostermaster.php file.  Please view earlier post about Beta 1 for details about what was changed since 1.1.1.  In summary, the main changes are: parsing of guild details, progress report while RMSA is busy (slowly) fetching data from the eq2players website, and improved database handling. And: RosterMaster 1.3.0 Beta 1 is now available for your testing pleasure SMILEY  Only one real change so far: a new database-driven logging system has been implemented (people without a database will still be able to use the old logfile.html logging system).  Logging is now more complete, and also configurable (with different level of details). I am releasing this beta to get feedback from you folks.  You can view a working demo of this beta at the URL posted in Seagoat's original post (http://www.lostrealm.ca/temp/parse/rm2/) Both are available from the usual place (See Seagoat's first post in this thread).
Lantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:01 PM   #89
Excalibre33

General

I'm noticing something very strange with the "Latest Items Discovered" field of the Guild Wall of Fame in RM4DF6.0.1 

Phoenix Order looks OK but I can't tell what version they are running.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:24 PM   #90
Seagoat

Tester

[email protected] wrote:

I'm noticing something very strange with the "Latest Items Discovered" field of the Guild Wall of Fame in RM4DF6.0.1 

Phoenix Order looks OK but I can't tell what version they are running.

Yep, I've noticed that as well...I believe it's a SOE issue, since the same information shows up on the EQ2 Players guild summary site.

Phoenix Order is running a pre-6.0.0 version; probably a patched version of 5.1.4.  The layout in 6.0.0 changed, and theirs is the older one.  SMILEY  The information in it is probably old, too, and not getting updated; hence, their numbers look "right," but you can also see that the older stats (most items discovered, most NPC kills) have a "N/A" value.