EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Mystic
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-10-2006, 11:32 PM   #61
Banditman

Loremaster

You CLEARLY aren't cool enough to be a whinger. SMILEY
Old 03-11-2006, 12:18 AM   #62
Mystiq

General

I never liked Winger....was always a Whitesnake fan myself.

Mystiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 01:13 AM   #63
Banditman

Loremaster

Oh, so we're going there are we.  Goody.  I can play that game too.I'll call your Whitesnake and raise you a White Lion.  SMILEY
Old 03-11-2006, 01:29 AM   #64
Mystiq

General

That White Lion dude had some issues with the English language (how exactly do you lahv someone?)I'll raise your White Lion with Firehouse!

Old 03-11-2006, 03:49 AM   #65
Banditman

Loremaster

Hmm . . . Firehouse . . . . ok . . . I'll go late era and somewhat obscure and raise you a Femme Fatale.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:54 AM   #66
thedu

General

You forgot WASP
thedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 05:16 AM   #67
Mystiq

General

Yikes, canadian hair bands?Vixen would kick their arses any day!

Old 03-11-2006, 07:17 AM   #68
TheRealMo

General

Poison rools ju all!'Talk Dirty To Me" is an anthem for the ages!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by TheRealMoon on 03-10-200606:20 PM

Moonmouse - 70 Ratonga Defiler
Shadow Syndicate
Najena
TheRealMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 09:43 AM   #69
paisan

Loremaster

Cinderella!!
Old 03-11-2006, 10:14 AM   #70
Mystiq

General

Paisan is after my own heart! Cinderella pwns!I got nothin....

Old 03-11-2006, 11:16 AM   #71
Surly_Smurf

Loremaster

I knew it was all over for me the day I saw Metallica video's on VH1.

Besides, you're all wrong.

WARRANT!!!!         WOOOOOT!!!!!

We also would have accepted AC/DC cos I've Got Big BAL....... er....yeah. Those.
Surly_Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 04:07 AM   #72
Ixnay

Loremaster

From today's LU21b update notes, now on Test:

Mystic changes:- Bolster can now be cast on raid members.

Grats on the upgrade SMILEY

EQ2Flames.com Got Flames?
Ixnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 05:05 AM   #73
Mystiq

General

Ixnay wrote:

From today's LU21b update notes, now on Test:

Mystic changes:- Bolster can now be cast on raid members.

Grats on losing your MT spot SMILEY

Fixed.

Old 03-12-2006, 05:08 AM   #74
Sokolov

Loremaster

Well, it does mean that multiple Mystics in a raid can now theoritically keep a tank Bolstered permanently.  Doesn't mean much for individual Mystics, though, I'll admit.

Healing Guide - Version 0.5
Fate has perfect wings
Sokolov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:34 AM   #75
Ixnay

Loremaster

Sokolov wrote:Well, it does mean that multiple Mystics in a raid can now theoritically keep a tank Bolstered permanently.  Doesn't mean much for individual Mystics, though, I'll admit.

It makes mystics in general more desireable to raid guilds, which I think is a good thing.

Old 03-12-2006, 11:47 AM   #76
Feanor Baugl

Ixnay wrote:

Sokolov wrote:Well, it does mean that multiple Mystics in a raid can now theoritically keep a tank Bolstered permanently.  Doesn't mean much for individual Mystics, though, I'll admit.

It makes mystics in general more desireable to raid guilds, which I think is a good thing.

I thought Mystics where desireable before this change? and  I wonder more desirable in comparision too what?
Old 03-13-2006, 04:42 AM   #77
Mystiq

General

Feanor Bauglir wrote:

Ixnay wrote:

I thought Mystics where desireable before this change? and  I wonder more desirable in comparision too what?

Mystics were never undesirable in raids, nor should they ever have been undesirable if the guild had half a brain. During the last 2 weeks' shaman discussions, Ixnay and several other vocal Defilers made sure to  point out how useful a Mystic is, even multiple Mystics, anywhere in a raid, of course except for in the MT group. That said, I'm not sure what the point of Ixnay's above statement was.What I'd like to know now is, is it still an "equal" choice between Mystics and Defilers as to who is best suited to the MT group with this change to Bolster?

Old 03-13-2006, 08:07 PM   #78
Melio

As it seems the Devs didn't think a lot about that change.Alternative A: keep the Tank bolstered permanentlyAlternative B: push the tanks HP to unknown heights by stacking BolsterIs alternative B possible? Did anyone try that with multiple mystics in one group? Does Bolster stack?
Melio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:02 PM   #79
Banditman

Loremaster

Bolster, I'm sure, is classified as a buff.  As such, only the most powerful will take effect.Chain-Bolster is now a possibility, which speaks to the actual value of the spell.  Since it's now raid wide and can be on for an entire fight given the correct number of Mystics, the message we get is that the spell is only of marginal value.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:12 PM   #80
Bo

General

if you are sick of the mystic vs defiler crap.  Please go to the top of your screen and send a pm to lockeye. He is the one who handles spells and there balanceing.   He refuses to answer pms or to respond to the forums.  So plz everyone send him a pm telling him what you think.
Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:41 PM   #81
Banditman

Loremaster

Worst.Idea.Evar.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:25 AM   #82
Mystiq

General

Bord wrote:
if you are sick of the mystic vs defiler crap.  Please go to the top of your screen and send a pm to lockeye. He is the one who handles spells and there balanceing.   He refuses to answer pms or to respond to the forums.  So plz everyone send him a pm telling him what you think.
And while you're at it, send your wish list to Santa Claus.

Old 03-14-2006, 02:12 AM   #83
Bo

General

This is his job as a dev......? Spells and balanceing out these classes are his job.  All i see here are Mystics makeing posts and crying to each other.  He read my pms, that i can see.  Does he actualy read ever single reply on a topic?  I seriously doubt it.

Message Edited by Bord on 03-13-200601:15 PM

Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:31 AM   #84
Ixnay

Loremaster

Mystique wrote:Mystics were never undesirable in raids, nor should they ever have been undesirable if the guild had half a brain. During the last 2 weeks' shaman discussions, Ixnay and several other vocal Defilers made sure to  point out how useful a Mystic is, even multiple Mystics, anywhere in a raid, of course except for in the MT group. That said, I'm not sure what the point of Ixnay's above statement was.What I'd like to know now is, is it still an "equal" choice between Mystics and Defilers as to who is best suited to the MT group with this change to Bolster?

Yes, how much unbuffed HP does your MT have?  Is it even possible for you to get him to the 510 stat cap without Spirit of the Mammoth?

I'm sorry, so how is my class more desireable in the MT group again?

Old 03-14-2006, 02:44 AM   #85
Mystiq

General

I have yet to see Noah's HP higher with me in the group than with our Defiler - I pay attention to these things.You and every other Defiler around here has expounded on your main tank group superiority over Mystics for weeks now in these discussions. The fact that you're trying some weak switcheroo here now doesn't hold much water.

Old 03-14-2006, 03:00 AM   #86
Ixnay

Loremaster

Mystique wrote:I have yet to see Noah's HP higher with me in the group than with our Defiler - I pay attention to these things.You and every other Defiler around here has expounded on your main tank group superiority over Mystics for weeks now in these discussions. The fact that you're trying some weak switcheroo here now doesn't hold much water.

I've never said that I or defilers in general are better in the MT group than mystics.

Old 03-14-2006, 04:03 AM   #87
thedu

General

Ixnay wrote:
I've never said that I or defilers in general are better in the MT group than mystics.
http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=19&message.id=11883&view=by_date_ascending&page=2....except to the extent this spell unfairly reduced the value of defilers in raiding guilds and would have negatively impacted my options and play at raids in the future.....unfairly promoting recruitment of mystics in raid guilds over defilers, and would have prevented any defiler from being in any MT group at almost any raid I can imagine.....Defilers like me were upset because your new spell was going to have a significant negative impact on our future game play, and this was extremely obvious to many other classes besides defilers.  I feel that the compromise reached is fair, and like I said, that neither subclass has any advantage over the other at this point.

You didn't use the exact words, but the feelings were there;
thedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 05:07 AM   #88
Ixnay

Loremaster

thedump wrote:You didn't use the exact words, but the feelings were there;

Nope.  All I said was that I didn't want mystics to get a clear and obvious advantage over defilers.  I never, ever said I wanted defilers to be better in any way.

Old 03-14-2006, 05:20 AM   #89
Ixnay

Loremaster

Mystique wrote:I have yet to see Noah's HP higher with me in the group than with our Defiler - I pay attention to these things.

I don't believe you are correct about this. 

Want to prove me wrong?

Post a screen shot showing his inspect screen with your best defiler grouped and buffing him with Master 1 Portent, Rapacity, and Malevolent Efflux (everything we have affecting tank hp).  Then post a screen shot showing his inspect screen with you grouped and buffing him with your Spirit of the Mammoth buff and all other buffs you use in MT group and on the MT.

Please just make sure all things are exactly equal between the two screen shots, except for a defiler with master spells grouped in one, and you grouped in the other.  Please don't be grouped with a necro for their sta buff also, because you don't normally use one in your MT group.  Either post your proof with just the two of you grouped in each case, or with a full group, not including necro, and just with you and the defiler switched out, no other differences.

I believe your screenshots will show that the total HP you can buff (66 sta x 5 hp per sta you buff with Mammoth, plus your other buffs) will equal, be just about the same as, or will actually exceed what the defiler can buff.  And this is because at level 70, even the best tank on your server can barely hit the 510 STA cap at level 70.

But if I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it, I just don't believe I am.

C'mon, let's settle this dispute for once and for all.

Prove it.  SMILEY

Old 03-14-2006, 05:40 AM   #90
Mystiq

General

I don't have to prove anything to you. You change your story to match whatever way the wind is blowing. You obviously believed Defilers were a superior choice over Mystics in the MT group, because that's why you made one, so don't come here and try to convince anyone that you think we're equal, or even that you want us to be. Other people obviously realized the advantage of having a Defiler over a Mystic in the MT group as well - or did hundreds of guilds throw one in their just cuz they're all cool cats? Yeah, it's just your sparkling personality that gets you your spot over an equally equipped Mystic, huh?