EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Mystic
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-12-2005, 11:16 PM   #241
Banditman

Loremaster

If anyone remains to discuss it with. I am not encouraged by the current state on Beta.  SMILEY
Old 09-12-2005, 11:23 PM   #242
vicario

General

I'll still be here - I'm too in love with this game to go elsewhere...:smileytongue:

70 Defiler - Kithicor
vicario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 12:10 AM   #243
Eepop

Loremaster

I beat the [Removed for Content] Pit Champion yesterday (from impossible on live to fun in beta, ZOMG!).  Thats enough encouragement to keep me here.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:15 AM   #244
Banditman

Loremaster

I would certainly challenge that "impossible on live" label . . . I only lost once to him, learning enough in that loss to never lose again.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:19 AM   #245
Eepop

Loremaster

It was most definitely impossible for me on live as a level 40 mystic in average gear.  Perhaps the tools gained through T5 help considerably, but I dont have those to work with at this time. On live I have fought the champion about 15-20 times, and got completely waxed each time using varied stategies including rare potions, clicky wands, etc. I don't doubt that mystics could beat him before.  I just know that combat has changed benefically for me, turning something that was impossible for me to do, to something that was possible and quite entertaining.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:04 PM   #246
crunchybob

Loremaster

Yeah same thing here. I've tried him (Pit Champ) 5 or 6 times as a 35 mystic in all yellow crafted gear, adoberg warstaff, in bear form for a little (very little) more dps, using t4 food/drink and invariably I run out of power about the time I get the PC down somewhere between 40-50% and I'm dead around 15 seconds later. Mostly because I'm burning thru self heals. He just pounds the Jebus out of me.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:09 PM   #247
FelixDomesticus

Loremaster

My opinion about new system: borked-Way too much fizzles and interrupts-Nukes and dots still take way too much power compared to effects-Mob healers are tuned to hell. Your damage starts to bite when all of them run out of power and thats when you are already low in power-Combat takes ages