EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Mystic
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-09-2004, 03:50 PM   #61
Glorfindel

General

FlyMario wrote:
I to am sick of the bear. All people do is comment on its butt. Also, there are no emotes. At least that would show some interest.

Really, it cheapens the idea of being mystic. I worked hard to get level 20.... and really got nothing for it.

I concur.
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 04:40 PM   #62
Ko

General

But, you knew you would be Shapechanging to a bear at lvl 20 if you became a Mystic...
Fargun 26 Human Monk
We do not often See things for what they are, but for what we are.
Game Polls
Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 08:04 PM   #63
Po

General

Guys seriously....your ruining my immersion.
Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:58 PM   #64
Ko

General

...Immersion on a Forum...That takes Skill.

/on knees

"We're not worthy! We're not Worthy!"
Fargun 26 Human Monk
We do not often See things for what they are, but for what we are.
Game Polls
Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 03:11 PM   #65
grimtoo

My only problem with the bear form is on occation I have had new players think I was a named mob, or as I run out some where to join a group low lvl goups think I am an add and panic. Tho funny at times it is also annoying, if they gave us a choice of colors on our bear form it would make it a little more entertaining. Other than that I am still happy with the bear.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:45 PM   #66
lge7

SONY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix the bear form it is really really bad. We would like to see are fancy armor that you have done such a great job on. IF possible can u make hawk form like a lev'ie affect won't make us extra powerful just makes a usefull travel spell.

Message Edited by lge737 on 12-10-2004 07:46 AM

lge7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 11:57 AM   #67
Wump

The most viable option I think of is to change Form of the Bear so that it provides only the Illusion of a bear, as well as adding the bonus Maul attack, and adding an additional spell called Spirit of the Bear, which grants the additional HP / AC / ATK.

Wump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 06:39 PM   #68
bou

I hit 20 last night and I still havn't stopped laughing. The bear looks hilarious and I can't belive you dont like it, it's the best spell I have gotten so far SMILEYMight have changed my mind a while from now because im bored with it but I don't think so. If my char was running around nekkid with a giant head I really wouldn't care, it's just a game to me and I play for fun and for a challange, and the bear was hilarious to watch in third person so im gonna use it as often as I can.I like the idea of a /showform thing though for those that dont like seeing the bear so another sign there from me. No one should be forced to look like something they think looks stupid if they don't want to so I really hope they do something like that for you guys.
bou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 12:16 AM   #69
Mystiq

General

bouek wrote:
I hit 20 last night and I still havn't stopped laughing. The bear looks hilarious and I can't belive you dont like it, it's the best spell I have gotten so far SMILEY
Might have changed my mind a while from now because im bored with it but I don't think so. If my char was running around nekkid with a giant head I really wouldn't care, it's just a game to me and I play for fun and for a challange, and the bear was hilarious to watch in third person so im gonna use it as often as I can.

I like the idea of a /showform thing though for those that dont like seeing the bear so another sign there from me. No one should be forced to look like something they think looks stupid if they don't want to so I really hope they do something like that for you guys.

Of course you're laughing. I think we all did at level 20. I remember it very well. I was in SH....hardly a place for a huge **mods 4 teh win!!1!** bear. I couldn't stop laughing and jumping and hyper sitting in bear form. But alas, the joy waned after a while. If you're still enthralled with bear form at 30, more power to ya :smileywink:

Mystiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 02:33 AM   #70
Fortenbr

Defilers get an awesome looking wraith form and what do we get, a fat ugly bear....Come on, there are "good" ghosts too, how about a form of that?
Fortenbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 07:25 AM   #71
KBB

Agreed the defiler form spell is much cooler than the bear form.......
since im not a mystic yet i could betray but i was looking forward to mystic......
by the way why is the folder by the title red on the forum title screen?
KBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 07:26 AM   #72
KBB

Agreed the defiler form spell is much cooler than the bear form.......
since im not a mystic yet i could betray but i was looking forward to mystic......
by the way why is the folder by the title red on the forum title screen?
KBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 04:52 AM   #73
USAFJeeper

Loremaster

Bear good.

I get hawk too.  I am so looking for that spell

Bear good.

(Ex 67 Bear in EQlive, FEAR THE BEAR, especially sitting ones!)

Ok gimme a rising up on my hind legs emote and I am the happiest bear EVER.

Old 12-20-2004, 04:53 AM   #74
USAFJeeper

Loremaster

Oops, I am also a 20 shaman as well as a 20 ranger!

Old 12-20-2004, 06:46 AM   #75
Lyvia

Loremaster

I, personally, don't mind bear form. I don't love it, but I wouldn't hate it either, if....I WASN'T SO DARN BIG!!!I play a halfling - I LIKE being a small race. I would really, really appreciate it if the scale of the bear illusion matched my own size. In dungeons, I have to use hawk, or my party has issues targetting mobs. Fine and dandy, but the issue with hawk form is that my field of vision seems to be about 1ft off the floor.UGH!!
Guk
Lyvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 07:19 AM   #76
Leji

General

Eatsem wrote:
plain and simple theres 3 options for people who dont like bear form;

1 dont use it use other buffs.

2. play a cleric or another class that dont have illsuions if yer gonna cry about the ones yer lucky you do get.

3. retire and never play again SMILEY

4. Use Hawk or Beaver form (cast the illusion, then cast Bear form)

5. Use a Petrified Eye (cast the illusion, then cast Bear form)

Leji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 09:07 AM   #77
Mystiq

General

I think the whole bear for discussion can sort of be put on hold for now. There are more pressing matters that Mystics can be concerned with as far as change is concerned. The petrified eye craze should keep most of us not 100% content with bear form happy for a while. Here's a tip....if you just want to look like yourself and have Ursine on as well, do the bone collection quest for your own race, and boom, bear form is no problemo.

Mystiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 01:33 PM   #78
Lathi

General

I play a defiler and when i hit twenty I didnt laugh i acually turned the game off.  Defiler wraith form turns you into a MALE HUMAN- im a dark elf female.  I didnt laugh or sit- like bear form.

I agree /showform would be the best option

Lath
Lathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 09:25 PM   #79
i

I second (third...) the /showform idea. Also some type of shrink spell would be great for dungeon crawls.
i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 05:54 AM   #80
Avony

General

I like the bear alot but emotes be cool to add.. like standing on hind legs to wave at someone.. these things will make it so much fun.. I'm lvl 25 now and still love sitting down.. I get the cutest remarks and the funniest responces alot in groups. I am sure the devs would be willing to add little things like that.. also.. changing appearance of the bear.. what about the adept version of the spell or master? Anyone have and does the look change?
Avony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 10:09 PM   #81
Coops1

vote
/showform
Coops1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 03:10 AM   #82
Kerr

Loremaster

I have been a lurker on the forums for a while, with the occasional post. However this has brought me to the point where I just have to post.

Initially I agree with the comment that there are more pressing issues with Mystics, so don't push this. However I actually disagree with that now. I have not played my Level 23 Ogre Mystic for weeks now. Why? Because I chose to play an Ogre, and went through the pain of betrayal so he could be a Mystic for a reason. I want to see my Ogre when I'm playing. Not a bear.

It would be simple to place a showform option in. I should not have to find an object to create an illusion to hide the form. It is not practical to play without the bear form due to the enhancements.

Please, pretty please SOE, just put /showform in. You will have at least one happy Mystic in the ranks.
Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 04:46 AM   #83
Vates_Sac

I liked it for around 10 minutes, then we went into a cave.... trying to fight is crazy with a giant bear there, and most of the time your head is in the ground or something crazy. Look at necromancers, the have the best by far!! And we get a big fat bear?? We are Mystics!! I feel like old Davy is coming after me with his knife..... I personally like the bird, give us stats as the bird, and that would fix everything, that way people who wanted a change got it, and people who liked the bear, get to keep it. Win Win for everyone... Or just spend lots of time thinking about it, and saying its too hard...... Just my 2cp's yet again SMILEY
Vates_Sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 07:51 AM   #84
DustusSapph

I rolled a dwarf to play a dwarf, I hate being a bear, but the bonuses from the spell are too much to ignore.  I wish there was an alternative.

W 28 Mystic W
@ 11 Scholar @
~www.True Fellowship.net ~ Blackburrow~

DustusSapph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 06:50 PM   #85
Korgina

Personaly, I like the bear. I liked it in EQ1 and I like it here. The only thing that anoys me is the size. In EQ1 I would ALWAYS use shrink to make my bear form more managable. It's more about being considerate to other people for me. That bear form is just too big and gets in the way.  I think adding shrink would be helpfull.
 As for the bone collections? Well that's nice but don't they require bones now to work? I have no interest in a "sollution" that requires me to hunt down rare objects or spend my money on the Brokers. I suppose the other option would be to complete the Guise of the Deciever quest, which allows a humanoid illusion without eating up components. Who says I want to look like a Dark Elf tho? :smileytongue:

Korginard Wintersfury
27 Mystic
Antonia Bayle
Korgina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 07:09 PM   #86
cyberlettu

hmm i really cant see the problem with bear form. if you dont like bear form, dont use it plain and simple there are other buffs that are as good and help the whole group as well. i can solo just as well in bear form as in kerra form so i really cant see the problem. if you like bear form use it if you dont like it, well.... dont use it!
cyberlettu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 03:07 PM   #87
Renn

Bear form sucks, unless you're using your valentine's day effect and sitting down to look all cute >
Old 02-15-2005, 05:30 PM   #88
Nightt N'D

I have to agree that the bear is kinda lame. :smileyindifferent:
Nightt N'D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 06:15 PM   #89
Ralumen

Well while 90% of the mystics hate the form lol. You have to understaand that it is part of the Mystic class to morph into a great bear. I personaly dont mind thoe ber but it looks to nice. I think they need to scale it down a >>hair<< and change the apearance. /showfoom is ok but its like/hidemysic in a way.
Ralumen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 08:51 PM   #90
Gura

I don't mind the bear, or the other forms, but then I mostly play in first person.  I am slightly disturbed by the point of view of the Form of the Great Stag though.  I'll cast the spell.. and instantly be staring out of my rear end.  :smileyindifferent:

What is more disturbing to me though, is that more and more I see druids and shaman NOT using their animal forms when it would be most beneficial.  To me, the benefits far far outweigh the very minor drawback of the illusionary form.  If it really bothers you so much, do the guise of the deciever heritage or buy a stack of bones and use the petrified eyes. 

Customizing the animal forms or having the ability to turn them off sounds pretty neat, but honestly, if they start up with that stuff before they fix some of the more glaring problems with our class and the game.. I will be most upset.
Gura is offline   Reply With Quote