EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Mystic
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-30-2004, 02:36 PM   #1
Indy

General

hi

i just made lvl 20 and i am already tired of being a bear!

bear gives me extra strenght, health and energy so i have to stick with that when i kill solo. i really miss my cool looking female mystic with cool weapons and armor.

so whenever i kill mobs i am a boring bear. in group i am also a bear because i am not able to put some extra spells on my groups when not using bear.

isnt it possible to change that bear to some cool effect like a glowing aura or something else....

everyone who plays mmorpgs likes cool looks....i dont think that i am the only one...

or do ou guys like running around as a bear (or flying as a bird...sitll boring) all the time?
Old 11-30-2004, 03:01 PM   #2
Mystiq

General

The bear does get somewhat boring/annoying after a while. It's not the reason I'm playing a Mystic, but it's not a dealbreaker either. What I would like to see implemented is different bear forms and/or colors like in EQ live (yes, I know it's not EQ live, so what). Perhaps you could buy different bear "looks" or quest for them.
If not..............shrink pls >.<

Mystiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 03:39 PM   #3
Shum

The bear is fat, boring, and ugly.  I wish I could just get a buff and keep my cool looking self. 
Shum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 03:48 PM   #4
Indy

General

seems like i get support on that issue from you guys...

so please sony:

u can stick with the bear for all the poeple who like it, but give us at least some spell to look normal again if we wish. maybe some "normal" illusion or looking normal with a gowing aura or something...

there are many players who are tired of being a bear all the time while fighting solo or in a group..
Old 11-30-2004, 04:24 PM   #5
Indy

General

by the way...the bear is walking under water instead of swimming..

so not only i look dumb and fat, i also can not swim although i can walk under and on the water like jesus...
Old 11-30-2004, 07:55 PM   #6
FlyMar

I to am sick of the bear. All people do is comment on its butt. Also, there are no emotes. At least that would show some interest.Really, it cheapens the idea of being mystic. I worked hard to get level 20.... and really got nothing for it.
FlyMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 08:12 PM   #7
Indy

General

keep posting guys...maybe some admin or sony developers read it and take care of that...

yesterday i was really close to stating a paladin brand new instead of keep playing my mystic...
Old 11-30-2004, 08:22 PM   #8
Banditman

Loremaster

So I spent 20 minutes customizing my Shaman . . . hair, body, face, etc . . .

And now I get to hide it from the world.

The increase is fairly important when soloing, but man, I look like an idiot.

In groups, I don't have the spare concentration to waste, so it's not as big a deal.
Old 11-30-2004, 08:24 PM   #9
Crystaliaz

Loremaster

I have to agree.... After the first week both forms bear and hawk are plain annoying :/
I miss my half elf!
Crystaliaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 08:25 PM   #10
zaneluke

Loremaster

You can get the hawk form from a guy in q harbor. same building as the guild registar.cast hawk first for looks and bear on top of it for effect.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:02 PM   #11
lazlo1

Loremaster

I agree its my biggest regret of being a mystic.
You can turn off headgear and keep the stats with /showhood
Sony can you please add /showform to kill the animal look but keep the stats.
I get a cool piece off armor  ... so I try it on ... wow  ... I look just the same :smileysad:
lazlo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:04 PM   #12
Indy

General

bear, hawk, beaver....all look dumb and not as cool as my original shaman SMILEY

give es a spell...

i have not heard of one mystic yet who likes his animal-look
Old 11-30-2004, 09:11 PM   #13
se

I like it SMILEYSorry you guys don't though.. maybe they'll hook ya up with a /showform type command.
se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:07 PM   #14
Karla

i kinda like it as well. Infact I want us to be larger like bigger than the giant kodiaks
being fire you are quite strong and powerful,
people look up to you greatly and often seek
your protection. You have the ability to gain
many friends and you are always one people can
count on to do what you say you will do. You
are extremely loyal be it friends or family
you'll stick up for them and you are never
willing to put them in a position that could
hurt them. You know what roll you play in life,
leader, and you intend to let people know it.
Not everyone is capable of leadership but you
certainly have the willpower and flare to do
it. You have quite a temper if it shows itself,
one that can often lead you into trouble. Once
your mind is made up there is no changing it
but no one said that was a bad thing.

.:-|What is your true element?|-:. -With Anime Pictures and detailed answers-
brought to you by Quizilla
Karla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 12:03 AM   #15
Wolft

I'm not big on the bear form either, but can live with the hawk form, so I always cast that first. It only lasts two hours though, so I have to cancel bear when hawk runs out, recast hawk, then recast bear again. The other issue is that hawk form doesn't stick when zoning. For running around Qeynos and what not, it's not a big deal, as I just cancel bear form too.
Wolft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 12:06 AM   #16
wahipple

Loremaster

bear sucks
Old 12-01-2004, 12:59 AM   #17
Wiernu

General

Hello!I am a level 23 Erudite Mystic, and I like being a bear. It doesn't get old. I also like being a hawk. And while being a hawk, you can use the bear form and have the affects of a bear while looking like a hawk. If you don't like them, simply don't use them.Oh, and now you have met two people who like them SMILEY
Wiernu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 02:06 AM   #18
Syrel

Loremaster

I like the bear. There are some issues with dungeon crawling but out in the wild it's great. No complaints. The bird however....I think I'd rather be a squirrel than a bird that can't fly, and has the wingspan of a condor. But to each his own. /showform is an interesting idea.
Syrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 03:28 AM   #19
Mystiq

General

None of the forms are very practical for dungeons or anywhere that requires a certain degree if inconspicuosness. Perhaps a /showform command is the answer for those of us who want to appear as our more humanoid selves. We have buffs like "Spirit of the Badger" and "Spirit of the Rhino", but they do not require us to look like a badger or a rhino, they just give off a brief lovely spell effect bearing a resemblance to the animal, and imbue us with the bonuses, without having to take a form. Can we have this option with the Ursine line as well?

Mystiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 04:21 AM   #20
Harvyst

Loremaster

I like being a bear....I like being a hawk too....I just wish we had more varity of hawks/bears. Say, a new look every 5 levels. Or race-based, big/medium/small races get their own bears. I'd like to be a panda bear. Or a koala. Or a black bear. Just something different. All these brown bears are starting to look alike.On this subject, I'd like to say - our level 20 armour looks fugly. That is all.
Harvyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 04:29 AM   #21
lazlo1

Loremaster

To those who like the animal forms, I think thats great.
But talk to me after you have stared at a bear butt for many 10s/100s of hours, I use 3rd person view.
I dont think anyone wants to remove them simply add a toggle command like headgear has.

And to those who say dont use them.
That is not fair to me or my fellow groupmates, the stat bonus is too big.

The graphics in this game are very good and I take great pride in my char.
I simply want the choice to see my char the way it was created.
I guess I have ranted enough.....

/wave
(woops that didnt work im in bear form)

lazlo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:43 AM   #22
Wzierbovs

IMO too the bear does look clunky. The only good thing about it besides the buff is the sitting posture - which makes it look sort of adorable heh.I actually have groups that tell me not to use the bear form in dungeons because it sort of blocks up their vision.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:19 PM   #23
Indy

General

so what we gonna do to get this showform command? anyone any connections to talk to game developers or admins of this board?

there was a patch yesterday...nothing has changed...-)
Old 12-01-2004, 03:49 PM   #24
dri

I'm looking forward to getting the bear form when I hit lvl 20 in a few hours time, but I have no intention of using it very often.  I've worked hard with the betrayal quest and so far I haven't seen any other Ogre Mystics on Runnyeye and if I'm in bear form nobody will know they're grouped with a big ugly ogre.  I will use it occasionally but I'm doing ok without it and will I think continue to do ok without it.

Mosil
Ogre Mystic
Clanuk, Runnyeye Server.
dri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 11:42 PM   #25
Sens

Loremaster

My idea of the mystic has never been about animal spirits, that seems to be something that wardens should have and having to look like a bear all the time to get the benefits of the spell I've earned is a bummer.

I really hope a /showform is added to address this.
Sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 12:03 AM   #26
Tubbe

I feel gyped off as a bear. Not because of the bear from, which is TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! I don't know how you could NOT like it, GO BEARS!

I feel Gyped because of the size, different size bears for different size mystics would be relatively easy, just shrink it proportionally to the height of the race. Possibly different types of bears, Polar bears, brown, grizzly, black (which is really brown... but hey its an MMORPG, we can dream!) and emotes, swimming, and maybe some harvesting animations (catching fish, come on! That is classic stuff!)

Its just really annoying to run by Giant Kodiaks and they are bigger than me, An OGRE bear! I will never get tired of bear form, but it would be awesome if we could get all, or dare I say even all of these? Some of them would be fairly easy, just color/hue changes, shrinking/growing proportionally, etc. But emotes and animations would be very difficult. We should be happy with what we get, and pray that SoE gives us some nice goodies in the future.

And lastly, beg for shrink, not for altered bear form.
Tubbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 01:25 AM   #27
Tiend

I would love the ability to turn off forms. /showform is an excellent idea.
Tiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 07:00 PM   #28
Eats

omg why is it every **mods 4 teh win!!1!** female chr in the game crys about illusions that take away there female look if yah dont like it dont use it but shut yer trap and stop cryen for changes when you knew when you picked the class that you got bear form at lvl 20.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 08:21 PM   #29
Merrygr

General

I'm a 100% for bear (I guess I'm just old school).

I would like to have shrink though.
Merrygr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 11:41 AM   #30
Wiernu

General

All I see is people complaining about looking like a bear when you use the spell. Simply, there is one answer. Don't use it. The spell was meant for you to turn into a bear to get those extra affects. If you don't like the bear, don't become the bear. Quit your whining.Oh, and please; DO NOT CHANGE THE BEAR.

Message Edited by Wiernusz on 12-02-2004 10:42 PM

Wiernu is offline   Reply With Quote