EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-11-2009, 08:56 PM   #61
Rijacki

Tester

Strums wrote:

I honestly do not think people are seeing the real problem with this...let me try to graph this out for the reading impaired.

Launch Date   DOF     KOS       EOF       ROK          TSO           Today

===================================================    <-- my active account time in yellow, closed in red

===================================================    <-- Confirmed 6year vet active vs closed time

Now looking at it this way, this is why I am upset with this.  I know for a fact my account has been open and paid for much longer than my Brothers account...however he has been playing solid for the past year and a few months, while I had to cancel for a few months after this fix happened. 

How can someone be rewarded the 6year reward when they have less than half the time invested than I do?  How do you justify this?  Sure it was broken...but if you are going to fix this then by god fix it right.  Simply rewarding the people who have been active FOR THE LAST YEAR was not the solution.

Frankly, neither of you should have 6 year credit.

Last year during their return to Norrath or something promotion to get resubs, the fact those who closed their account a month after launch and then resubbed got not only all the promo stuff actually -paying- customers (those who had been subbed the whole time) couldn't -and- all the vet rewards as if they'd been subbed the whole time rubbed A LOT of people the wrong way.

They finally fixed the bug. I am glad. I wish, though, it was retro-active and counted actual subscription time on ALL accounts not grandfathering in accounts which re-subbed last year, giving them credit back to when they started their account.

When a bug is fixed, just because others were able to get in through the loophole caused by the bug and get the benefits of it doesn't mean everyone should have. Take the ability to port back to the starter islands. I know some rabid quest-a-holics that would have loved to be able to get in on the loophole created by the 6 year vet reward allowing someone to port back to an island to be able to complete those quests. But, unless they did so on the day of the GU launch, they can't. The bug has been fixed.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:01 PM   #62
Strums

Loremaster

Your absolutly right, neither of us should get the reward...however it really makes me sick thinking that people who have invested less time over all are being rewarded.  I can never get my account age back now, and no one told us about this.  It might sound trivial to some, but to me its a big deal.  Game breaker tbh...

Old 12-11-2009, 09:07 PM   #63
Rijacki

Tester

Strums wrote:

Your absolutly right, neither of us should get the reward...however it really makes me sick thinking that people who have invested less time over all are being rewarded.  I can never get my account age back now, and no one told us about this.  It might sound trivial to some, but to me its a big deal.  Game breaker tbh...

And that's how a lot of us felt last year when people re-subbing after playing (and paying) for a month at launch were given all the vet rewards along with all the re-sub rewards not available to those who had been paying the whole time.

Yeah, I'm repeating myself.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:22 PM   #64
Strums

Loremaster

We regret that you are choosing to close your EverQuest® II Account. Your experience with EQII is very important to us and we would greatly appreciate your feedback on this brief survey. Your responses will help us enhance the game, which we hope will entice you to return to EQII in the future. By clicking ‘Continue’ below, you can participate in a short survey provided by Survey Analytics on behalf of Sony Online Entertainment. Your responses will be kept confidential and will be used solely for the purpose of helping to improve SOE’s products and services. Participation through the Survey Analytics site is governed by Survey Analytics’ Privacy Policy. Thank you for your time – we appreciate your feedback.

You want my feedback SOE?  Im affraid it would not be appropriate for these boards.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:35 PM   #65
erin

Loremaster

Rijacki wrote:

Strums wrote:

And that's how a lot of us felt last year when people re-subbing after playing (and paying) for a month at launch were given all the vet rewards along with all the re-sub rewards not available to those who had been paying the whole time.

Yeah, I'm repeating myself.

Exactly right.  In fact, people returning not only got all the loyalty awards the rest of us got, they got more stuff!  You were actually better off quitting and coming back!  And that was just wrong, no two ways about it.

erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:15 PM   #66
Myster

General

Strums wrote:

We regret that you are choosing to close your EverQuest® II Account. Your experience with EQII is very important to us and we would greatly appreciate your feedback on this brief survey. Your responses will help us enhance the game, which we hope will entice you to return to EQII in the future. By clicking ‘Continue’ below, you can participate in a short survey provided by Survey Analytics on behalf of Sony Online Entertainment. Your responses will be kept confidential and will be used solely for the purpose of helping to improve SOE’s products and services. Participation through the Survey Analytics site is governed by Survey Analytics’ Privacy Policy. Thank you for your time – we appreciate your feedback.

You want my feedback SOE?  Im affraid it would not be appropriate for these boards.

Guess you don't want to earn those vet rewards the proper way then, is that what you are saying?

Old 12-11-2009, 10:19 PM   #67
Sphiriah

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Strums wrote:

Guess you don't want to earn those vet rewards the proper way then, is that what you are saying?

We would have been able to earn them the "proper" way if we had been warned about this "fix".

Sphiriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:19 PM   #68
DukeOccam

Loremaster

I think what he's saying is he's not satisfied getting only SOME of the credit for the time he was away; he wants credit for ALL of it. It's like someone hands him $5 and he complains that it's not $10.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:40 PM   #69
Myster

General

[email protected] wrote:

Strums wrote:

We would have been able to earn them the "proper" way if we had been warned about this "fix".

From the EQ2 Players web site:

"Veteran Rewards are in-game gifts that you will receive based on how many days your account has been actively subscribed to EverQuest II."

So... It's under the description of the Veteran reward (And it has always been explained as that and has in the past been admitted it was a bug that you got it without having an active subscription). They fixed a bug. They don't have to give you a warning when they do that. And last I checked, intentionally taking advantage of bugs is considered exploiting isn't it?

Either way. They have advertised it from the beginning. You were warned well in advance. In fact, you were warned when the veteran rewards were implemented.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:52 PM   #70
Sphiriah

Loremaster

And last I checked, intentionally taking advantage of bugs is considered exploiting isn't it?

I lol'd.

You can't be serious.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:09 PM   #71
erin

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I think what he's saying is he's not satisfied getting only SOME of the credit for the time he was away; he wants credit for ALL of it. It's like someone hands him $5 and he complains that it's not $10.

No he didn't get warned about the fix, so wasn't able to exploit before the fix went in.  That's why he's angry.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:34 PM   #72
Trellium

Loremaster

Strums wrote:

I dont get that part about never getting the account age back. Its the account age, the number of months paid (not withstanding the long term bug they had). You get your account age back in a few months, don't you? The number of months to wait is roughly equal to the number of = on the last part of your chart (not even all of it, since you received benefit from the bug as well).

Trellium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:39 AM   #73
Araxes

Loremaster

Good grief, people.

After seeing this thread, they may well decide not to give ANYONE rewards, at all, ever again!

lol

Ara

Old 12-12-2009, 08:44 AM   #74
Pervis

Loremaster

Sydares wrote:

here's the problem, Rothgar.

You didn't tell anyone about it.

Follow the dev tracker. It was noted.

Pervis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:31 AM   #75
Wingrider01

Loremaster

Ancestral_Age wrote:

When was the cut off date? My 2 cents is if they actually look at how long I have had this same account they would find it to be 2001. Oh well they fixed another "bug" that pisses people off...

EQ2 was not out in 2001

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:41 AM   #76
Wingrider01

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Strums wrote:

The guy does have a point though.  My little brother started playing over a year ago, brand new account and all.  He was able to get his 6 year vet reward, while I was not.  I had to close my account for a few months this year due to some personal problems, but have still had my sub much longer than he has.

How can you honestly justify saying "No it's not fair. At least not towards whose of us who played the game continuously. That's the whole point. You believe you are a veteran and deserve a reward. But... you are not, and you didn't act like one. Hiding behind the fact that a "friend" of yours got the reward despite his leaving isn't a excuse to give it to everybody." Tons of people have joined EQ2 over the past few years, how can you justify giving them a 6year vet reward but not someone who has had an account since launch day?

Yes it was broken, I understand that, but what Sydares wrote does have some validity.  Those of us who were not made aware of the change, or who happened to be un-subed during the change are taking a huge hit.  Is it fair that someone who has played for ONLY the past two years has an account age six months longer than mine, simply because I missed a few months on my sub THIS YEAR but have been loyal to EQ2 since launch?

^ This.

That makes no sense. With all the moaning that was done on this forum earlier this year about the 3-year Veteran's Crate being OP and making new players quit, how does a 1-2 year old account accumulate enough time to get the 6-year reward?

Curious about this myself, if this is is true then the account needs to be reviewed, the correct days put in and any rewards reviewed due to the error removed.As far as paid days, have known ths was the case back to eq1, it is the same there. Looked in the knowledge base and this what is stated there

"Veteran Rewards are items you can claim to your character based on Account Age.  You can see your account age on the Persona (P) Details tab.  Each Veteran Reward can be claimed once per character. Account age is based on paid time on EverQuest II, with bonus time given for each expansion purchased.*

*Excluding The Shadow Odyssey"

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:52 AM   #77
Zimike

Loremaster

Perhaps SOE should change "Account Age" to "Account Activated". As far as I am concerned, this is a HUGE PR mistake! I do not agree this was a bug as it did STATE "Account Age" meaning time of account creation until this point(so how people will look at it).

If they want to fix this bug, then fine, but allow people to collect the reward and allow for the bug to take affect upon next reward. Many people(including myself) looked forward to this reward and now I am maybe 4 months away from collecting it. I had a few months without Internet many years ago and feel down on hard times, but overall I have been Loyal too. For the first time in many years I am starting to think about account cancellation due to this shady move by your company(SOE).

Regards,

ZIKE

Zimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:49 PM   #78
erin

Loremaster

Zimike wrote:

Perhaps SOE should change "Account Age" to "Account Activated". As far as I am concerned, this is a HUGE PR mistake! I do not agree this was a bug as it did STATE "Account Age" meaning time of account creation until this point(so how people will look at it).

If they want to fix this bug, then fine, but allow people to collect the reward and allow for the bug to take affect upon next reward. Many people(including myself) looked forward to this reward and now I am maybe 4 months away from collecting it. I had a few months without Internet many years ago and feel down on hard times, but overall I have been Loyal too. For the first time in many years I am starting to think about account cancellation due to this shady move by your company(SOE).

Regards,

ZIKE

"Shady"?  They fixed a BUG before you could EXPLOIT.  Move on.

I have an account that has been active for over 3 years, continuously, but hey as long as YOU signed up at launch and then quit for 3 years, YOU should get the rewards and I shouldn't?

This is fair and I'm glad they fixed the bug.  I shouldn't get 6 year rewards on that account, and you shouldn't on yours.  Because neither account has earned it.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:00 PM   #79
Ahlana

Loremaster

Zimike wrote:

I am maybe 4 months away from collecting it. I had a few months without Internet many years ago and feel down on hard times, but overall I have been Loyal too.

A few months that occured many years ago are not affecting this. This change is a recent one that affects time within a relatievely small window within the last year or so. It does not affect time that was missed "years" ago. So if you are 4 months off, either A) You didn't start EQ2 at launch or B) You didn't pay for time within the last year.

Those are the only two things that will prevent you from currently being at the 6 year mark. So Are you a loyal Veteran or aren't you? If you have subbed every month of the last year and started at launch, you will indeed be at the 6 year mark even if you missed a few months, years ago.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:22 PM   #80
erin

Loremaster

Ahlana wrote:

Zimike wrote:

I am maybe 4 months away from collecting it. I had a few months without Internet many years ago and feel down on hard times, but overall I have been Loyal too.

A few months that occured many years ago are not affecting this. This change is a recent one that affects time within a relatievely small window within the last year or so. It does not affect time that was missed "years" ago. So if you are 4 months off, either A) You didn't start EQ2 at launch or B) You didn't pay for time within the last year.

Those are the only two things that will prevent you from currently being at the 6 year mark. So Are you a loyal Veteran or aren't you? If you have subbed every month of the last year and started at launch, you will indeed be at the 6 year mark even if you missed a few months, years ago.

I thought they recalculated the entire thing, basically only crediting ACTIVE accounts.  So it wouldn't matter when the gap occured.  It would still be a gap.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:26 PM   #81
Ahlana

Loremaster

erin wrote:

Ahlana wrote:

Zimike wrote:

I thought they recalculated the entire thing, basically only crediting ACTIVE accounts.  So it wouldn't matter when the gap occured.  It would still be a gap.

No the fix was not retroactive.

Old 12-12-2009, 02:17 PM   #82
Strums

Loremaster

Ahlana wrote:

And that is exactly what the problem is.  If they would have fixed this correctly, it would not be an issue.  Just frusterating that the people who have been active for ONLY the last year can get the reward

Old 12-12-2009, 02:44 PM   #83
Skwor

Loremaster

Strums wrote:

Ahlana wrote:

And that is exactly what the problem is.  If they would have fixed this correctly in the beginning, it would not be an issue.  Just frusterating that the people who have been active for ONLY the last year all 5 years plus bought the expansions on time can get the reward

FIFY

They did fix it correctly; this is how it should have been all along. The only issue is people who have not maintained a full account for the last year; they still do not deserve the reward regardless of whether others in the past also failed to do so. Do those others in the past deserve the time...no, that still does not change the fact that those over the last year, who have not maintained their accounts, do not.

What we have here are a bunch of people who have not yet earned the reward trying to get it because others do not deserve the reward, my 14 year son knows better than to make such a childish argument. Others further in the past who do not deserve something but get it does not justify those slightly less far in the past getting said item.

There is too much entitlement mentality going around as it is. When you earn the time, you will get the item. A person should be content that they will earn it the right way and feel proud in the achievement, the others have not and as such received a hollow reward, yes they got the item but it is not for merit and as such lacks what is important.

Skwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:51 PM   #84
Ahlana

Loremaster

Skwor wrote:

Strums wrote:

Ahlana wrote:

And that is exactly what the problem is.  If they would have fixed this correctly in the beginning, it would not be an issue.  Just frusterating that the people who have been active for ONLY the last year players all 5 years plus bought the expansions on time can get the reward

They did fix it correctly; this is how it should have been all along. The only issue is people who have not maintained a full account for the last year; they still do not deserve the reward regardless of whether others in the past also failed to do so. Do those others in the past deserve the time...no, that still does not change the fact that those over the last year, who have not maintained their accounts, do not.

What we have here are a bunch of people who have not yet earned the reward trying to get it because others do not deserve the reward, my 14 year son knows better than to make such a childish argument. When others further in the past do not deserve something but get it does not justify those slightly less far in the past getting said item.

There is too much entitlement mentality going around as it is. When you earn the time, you will get the item. A person should be content that they will earn it the right way and feel proud in the achievement, the others have not and as such received a hollow reward, yes they got the item but it is not for merit and as such lacks what is important.

+1

This "bug" has been fixed for awhile now, noted by those that are months away from the reward still. People are only noticing now because they were expecting something to be handed to them and it was not.

I figure they grandfathered the accounts that had alreaddy been rewarded simply because this late in the game are they going to take items away from people? No so they made a cut off point internally (after the 5 year Vet reward sometime) and corrected a long standing bug. The FAQ always stated the correct way of doing things so no one can say that the information on how it was suppose to be working was not available.

As Rothgar said, it had gone on that way for so long that people begun thinking that was the way it was suppose to be. I think yes the bug should have been fixed earlier but this is just the way it all boiled down.

Old 12-12-2009, 03:05 PM   #85
Strums

Loremaster

Skwor wrote:

Strums wrote:

Ahlana wrote:

And that is exactly what the problem is.  If they would have fixed this correctly in the beginning, it would not be an issue.  Just frusterating that the people who have been active for ONLY the last year all 5 years plus bought the expansions on time can get the reward

Hey bud im not arguing this should not have been fixed in the beginning.  Im upset and arguing the fact that I HAVE bought all expansions on time, and have paid for my sub every month for the past 5 years with the exception of a few months this year and have been denied a reward that was given to someone who ONLY played for a week at launch, closed their account, and then came back a year ago.  How do you justify this? 

Old 12-12-2009, 05:37 PM   #86
Zimike

Loremaster

Sorry SOE, after heading from my friend that he has a couple days before he gets his reward and I have been reset back some 100 days, I am going to have to discontinue my subscription. He had his account inactive for almost 2 years and gets a reward, yet my 3 months in the past is bending me over the table?

Zimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:55 PM   #87
Trellium

Loremaster

Strums wrote:

Hey bud im not arguing this should not have been fixed in the beginning.  Im upset and arguing the fact that I HAVE bought all expansions on time, and have paid for my sub every month for the past 5 years with the exception of a few months this year and have been denied a reward that was given to someone who ONLY played for a week at launch, closed their account, and then came back a year ago.  How do you justify this? 

It's justified easily. You didn't pay for something recently, so you have to wait a few months to get your reward. They fixed a hole that finally resolves this problem and grandfathered in the people who already had received their rewards.

Old 12-12-2009, 05:58 PM   #88
Trellium

Loremaster

Zimike wrote:

Sorry SOE, after heading from my friend that he has a couple days before he gets his reward and I have been reset back some 100 days, I am going to have to discontinue my subscription. He had his account inactive for almost 2 years and gets a reward, yet my 3 months in the past is bending me over the table?

Oh please. This is silly. You have to wait a bit longer for a reward. YOU decided not to subscribe for ~100 days, not your friend so stop comparing. The rules changed, your friend got a lucky break. Pat him on the back and congratulate him like an adult (and as a real friend).

Old 12-12-2009, 06:46 PM   #89
Sphiriah

Loremaster

I love how people keep throwing around the word "exploit".

This was in no way an exploit. All people did was log in and claim their rewards. If you consider clamining something an exploit, then you're just idiotic.

The fact is SOE did not warn players when they fixed this. We had no way of knowing how the time was supposed to be calculated. I remember logging in once after being away for a month and having the time for that month. I talked to a friend about it briefly and we came to the conclusion that the time went by your original activation date, not your overall activated days. And that was the end of that conversation.

The bottom line is that SOE should have been much more vocal about this. They should not have let this "bug" go on for four years, and when they decided to fix it they should have announced to people that they were fixing it.

All of the smug posters in this thread are not helping. Yes, you're a loyal customer that has had an active account for at least the last year. Congrats. I'm sure there are many people that have been subscribed much longer than some of you and still don't have their 6 year rewards.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:52 PM   #90
EasternKing

Loremaster

Trellium wrote:

Zimike wrote:

Oh please. This is silly. You have to wait a bit longer for a reward. YOU decided not to subscribe for ~100 days, not your friend so stop comparing. The rules changed, your friend got a lucky break. Pat him on the back and congratulate him like an adult (and as a real friend).

January 27, 2005 is my acc activation date, i have not missed a single month. i have 4 months till i get 6 year vet reward, want to explain that one away?

EasternKing is offline   Reply With Quote