EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-11-2009, 10:31 AM   #31
Croud
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Verdict

Loremaster

Wait till they give the items in the 6 year reward to new subscribers as a sign on bonus that should really get things cooking.

Croud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:49 AM   #32
Aanadorn68

Loremaster

Well just logged on and I got my 6 year reward.  That summoning orb is unlimited with a 1 hour recast, pretty freakin awesome item.  I'd say that's got to be one of the best, if not THE best vet reward.  I'm a bit bummed no title though, but I'll take it.

80 Shadowknight (myth)

80 Dirge (myth)

83 Illusionist (myth) (retired until CC returns)

ex-80 Templar (myth)

ex-80 Coercer (myth)

SOE /cues keystone kops music
Aanadorn68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #33
Ancestral_A

General

Aanadorn68 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

5 things, a exp debt remover with charges, a hammer that you can click to recharge tradekill vitality, a orb you can click to summon a item that you can use to call to your group / raid mates , and a box with a appearence hat and cloak. 

the hat and cloak have a pretty neat look to them.

Is that summon item charged, or unlimited?  If charged then no biggie, but if it's unlimited I'm going to be bummed I got gipped out of my 6 year reward.  Let me guess, just like the racial bait and switch where they made money.

Unlimited!

13 Ghosts
Ancestral_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:50 AM   #34
Ahlana

Loremaster

In thier other games with Veteran Rewards, it works off of time you actually Subscribed. EQ2 is the only one that worked differently (til now).

I believe they made the right move and no one should have ever expected it to remain that way forever. It was clear abuse of the system that those that didn't actively subscribe got the accumulated vet rewards imo. If I go back to EQ1 only have 6 year vet rewards waiting for me. Because I have not scubscribed in 4 years. I think that is m ore than fair, just like I think it is more than fair here.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:53 AM   #35
NamaeZero

Loremaster

Aanadorn68 wrote:

Is that summon item charged, or unlimited?  If charged then no biggie, but if it's unlimited I'm going to be bummed I got gipped out of my 6 year reward.  Let me guess, just like the racial bait and switch where they made money.

It's unlimited uses, once per hour and it's dramatically better than the racial ability, Void Portal, or Call of the Hero (though Call of the Hero does have a faster recast.)

It has two different modes: you can use it to summon a group mate to you, or you can use it to call to a groupmate. Unlike any previous ability in game it will even summon across zone lines, so you can bring someone from your guildhall to right next to you at the bottom of Sebilis. It's so insanely useful that I almost can't believe it exists. But it does.

NamaeZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:57 AM   #36
erin

Loremaster

NamaeZero wrote:

Aanadorn68 wrote:

It's unlimited uses, once per hour and it's dramatically better than the racial ability, Void Portal, or Call of the Hero (though Call of the Hero does have a faster recast.)

It has two different modes: you can use it to summon a group mate to you, or you can use it to call to a groupmate. Unlike any previous ability in game it will even summon across zone lines, so you can bring someone from your guildhall to right next to you at the bottom of Sebilis. It's so insanely useful that I almost can't believe it exists. But it does.

And will get nerfed no doubt in a very short period of time SMILEY  Its too powerful.  "Raid looking for 6 year vets".

erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:49 PM   #37
Aanadorn68

Loremaster

NamaeZero wrote:

Yeah I was able to claim mine on my remaining 3 level 80 toons.  How does it work?  I know you click "use" on it, but how do you tell it you want to be ported, or you want someone ported to you?

I hope they don't nerf it.  Vet rewards are usually pretty underwhelming, but this one seems pretty swank, but I did pay $15/month x 6 years, I'm afraid to do the math it might depress me.

80 Shadowknight (myth)

80 Dirge (myth)

83 Illusionist (myth) (retired until CC returns)

ex-80 Templar (myth)

ex-80 Coercer (myth)

SOE /cues keystone kops music
Aanadorn68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:02 PM   #38
Emlar_from_Halas

Loremaster

Sydares wrote:

Fast forward to Saturday, November 28th, the first time you make mention of having changed the system. After returning after suffering a fit of boredom at the tail-end of RoK, I looked at my account age and noticed that I was, in fact, missing those months that I had been gone.

Something that does make sens in your claims. You don't have what you don't deserve.

Sydares wrote:

...A friend of mine that signed up at launch as well but quit and only rejoined during ROK (effectively making his tenure approximately a year) is gloating to me about his 6-year veteran reward.

You should probably look for true friends. But is sumarizes quite well your post.

Sydares wrote:

Better yet? Make a sticky post where everyone can see it. Send out an E-mail, and make the cutoff date the day you send out that E-mail, not whenever you cut it off before. Give your customers the chance to preserve their veteran status, while giving amnesty to the ones who never got that chance.

That's 'fair' to everyone. It's not even a lot to ask.

No it's not fair. At least not towards whose of us who played the game continuously. That's the whole point. You believe you are a veteran and deserve a reward. But... you are not, and you didn't act like one. Hiding behind the fact that a "friend" of yours got the reward despite his leaving isn't a excuse to give it to everybody.

Any idea what a reward is ? Here's some help : "an act performed to strengthen approved behavior"

Should SoE approve your departure from EQ2 to go playing something else ?

I'm glad they show more common sense than you do, even if it hurts. Get patient and you will get your reward as well in a few months. At this point, you will deserve it.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #39
NamaeZero

Loremaster

erin wrote:

And will get nerfed no doubt in a very short period of time   Its too powerful.  "Raid looking for 6 year vets".

The interesting thing is you don't really need everyone in a raid to have it. Just a couple of people is enough to cover all your needs. Imagine a dragon raid where when 3 people all have to leave, you can fill their spots via chat or guild tells, and have the replacements magically arrive moments after you've grouped the characters with 6 year vets. No more waiting as your replacements teleport to guild, then teleport to some intermediary zone, run all the way across it and then zone in and have to run all the way to you. Now the only downtime you have left is the time you spent looking for and sending out invites.

I don't know how they would nerf it. I suppose they could arbitarily say you can't use it in certain zones? I think it does have certain level limits, as I was unable to teleport a level 20 character to the City of Mist yesterday (It was a safe area, and he wanted to see how it had changed from EQ1.) I got an error about him needing the druid leaf for Kunzar Jungle.

Aanadorn68 wrote:

Yeah I was able to claim mine on my remaining 3 level 80 toons.  How does it work?  I know you click "use" on it, but how do you tell it you want to be ported, or you want someone ported to you?

I hope they don't nerf it.  Vet rewards are usually pretty underwhelming, but this one seems pretty swank, but I did pay $15/month x 6 years, I'm afraid to do the math it might depress me.

You click to use it, and it summons a magic ritual device. You right click that and it has two options: Teleportation Ritual and Summoning Ritual. Click one of those and you get a popup with the names of everyone in your group, whether they are inzone or not. The person you pick is either summoned to you(summoning ritual), or you teleport to them (teleportation ritual.)

The ritual device disappears the moment the person at the other end accepts your summoning, or when you teleport. You have to wait an hour before you can create the ritual item again. I haven't tried it out, but I think if someone declined to be summoned, you could select someone else in your group without wasing that ritual device.

NamaeZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:55 PM   #40
Qandor

Loremaster

NamaeZero wrote:

erin wrote:

And will get nerfed no doubt in a very short period of time   Its too powerful.  "Raid looking for 6 year vets".

I don't know how they would nerf it. I suppose they could arbitarily say you can't use it in certain zones?

First of all, let me say I do have the 6 year vet reward before anyone accuses me of jealousy regarding my stance on the subject.

I have allways disliked providing key abilities inherent to certain classes as a reward to the playerbase as a whole. Such moves are always popular because everyone wants to do everything but it does detract from those classes that actually have those abilities.

This move does substantially detract from the Conjuror's inherent Call of the Hero ability. This move does detract from a tinkerer's Call of the Tinkerer ability. If you happen to be a Conjuror/Tinkerer, the 6 year vet reward actually gives you nothing at all. Somehow that just does not seem very equitable. Yes, it is popular since most players are not Conjurors and most players are not tinkerers.

In my opinion, and feel free to throw tomatoes right now, the Call of the Veteran reward would have made far more sense if it only allowed you to summon someone or call yourself to the zone that group member was in (zone in) but not to the group member himself. That still would have left some value to the Call of the Tinkerer and Call of the Hero abilities while still providing a decent perk to 6 year vets. So that is how it could be "nerfed".  I am sure I will be reviled for even suggesting such.

Qandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:29 PM   #41
Jardon

Loremaster

So as a scout I had (and still have tracking). The added tracking to some racial abilities. Qandor, do you think they should remove tracking from racial traits?

How about invisibility or see invisibility? should the totem and tinkered items be removed?

In fact why should the call of the tinkerer exists, it kind of does something like the call of the hero conjy ability?

Raztok, 90 Troubador/90 Alchemist, Antonia Bayle
Jardok 90 Bruiser/90 Weaponsmith, Antonia Bayle
Razmer, 90 Zerker/90 Armorer, Antonia Bayle
Jarrel, 90 Brig/90 Provisioner, Antonia Bayle
Raznyk, 80 Wizard/90 Carpenter, Antonia Bayle
Jazdar, 90 Inquisitor/90 Sage, Antonia Bayle
Jardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:41 PM   #42
Ahlana

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

So as a scout I had (and still have tracking). The added tracking to some racial abilities. Qandor, do you think they should remove tracking from racial traits?

How about invisibility or see invisibility? should the totem and tinkered items be removed?

In fact why should the call of the tinkerer exists, it kind of does something like the call of the hero conjy ability?

+1 (note I am against these changes lol, but he speaks in truths!)

Old 12-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #43
DukeOccam

Loremaster

Honestly I think the change makes sense. As I started on release, but left for 4 years, I should have like a year (probably 2+ including the bonuses with expansions), but I get to have 5 instead. Would I like to have the 6-year reward? Of course. But maybe it's just because I'm coming from EQ1 where it's always been based on when you were subscribed. When I came back to EQ2 I was pumped that I got credit for most of those years I was gone. It was a very nice bonus, but really it makes sense that you get credit for when you were actually a player.

Old 12-11-2009, 03:55 PM   #44
Bruener

Loremaster

Qandor wrote:

NamaeZero wrote:

erin wrote:

I don't know how they would nerf it. I suppose they could arbitarily say you can't use it in certain zones?

First of all, let me say I do have the 6 year vet reward before anyone accuses me of jealousy regarding my stance on the subject.

I have allways disliked providing key abilities inherent to certain classes as a reward to the playerbase as a whole. Such moves are always popular because everyone wants to do everything but it does detract from those classes that actually have those abilities.

Funny because abilities are so shared now that this is just another small ability that has been limited in the amount it has been spread around even though it has been here since launch.  Its not like Conjies think CoTH is some awesome ability.

This move does substantially detract from the Conjuror's inherent Call of the Hero ability. This move does detract from a tinkerer's Call of the Tinkerer ability. If you happen to be a Conjuror/Tinkerer, the 6 year vet reward actually gives you nothing at all. Somehow that just does not seem very equitable. Yes, it is popular since most players are not Conjurors and most players are not tinkerers.

This item is still useful to Conjurors and tinkerers as well.  The reason is because it is unique in that once every 60 minutes you can call somebody across zone-lines, or teleport yourself to a group member cross zone lines.  In reality it is a mixture of a call and a port ability.  So I guess Sorcerors and Druids are sharing a small portion of their abilities too.

In my opinion, and feel free to throw tomatoes right now, the Call of the Veteran reward would have made far more sense if it only allowed you to summon someone or call yourself to the zone that group member was in (zone in) but not to the group member himself. That still would have left some value to the Call of the Tinkerer and Call of the Hero abilities while still providing a decent perk to 6 year vets. So that is how it could be "nerfed".  I am sure I will be reviled for even suggesting such.

The ability is hardly OP'd and in no way deserves a nerf.  Its for having an active account basically from launch, which a very small % of people do.  Basically they paid probably hundreds of more dollars to get an ability that saves a small time sink useable every 60 minutes.  On raids or groups it is nice, because it means you can bring somebody in slightly faster.  However, with the introduction of the raid flag it isn't even cutting out on a ton of time for the most part.  Yeah, it means I might not have to run through the cleared zone of MMB up to Munzok.

Grats to those that got it.  It is a nice little perk that definitely fits the subscription time that was put in.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:06 PM   #45
Qandor

Loremaster

I was never in favor of them adding tracking as a racial trait. I was also never in favor of them adding Ulteran Scolar as a racial trait either. Maybe you think we should have repair bots as a racial trait also? I think it is pretty lazy devopment when the best they come up with is taking unique racial, class or earned abilities and applying them to large segments of the playerbase.

Invisibility? Invisibility was avaialable to everyone early on  through the use of invis totems and is in no way a unique ability by any stretch of the imagination.

You should do your homework before talking about Call of the Tinkerer and Call of the Hero. You apparently have no clue what they do. However to save you time. Call of the Hero allows the Conjuror to summon a player to them. Call of the Tinkerer allows the tinkerer to summon themselves to another group member. Two totally separate abilities.

Qandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:25 PM   #46
Gungo

Loremaster

There is a dropped charged item version (also avail as a quest reward) copy of cot and coh.  Regardless this ability is far superior to coh or cot or the racial Call of tinker. In a game where travel is more and more meaningless this item is hardly overpowered. Its a convience and IMHO Call of the Hero should be changed into this exact same ability. Right now w guild flags and cotinker, racial ability, orbs and this ability no conjuror calls CoH as class defining utility.My issue with this ability is the fact it makes bypassing content in instances way to easy. Imho the reuse should of been 6-24 hours at the very least. Then make the conjuror call of hero the same as the veteran reward.

Gungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #47
Sphiriah

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Honestly I think the change makes sense. As I started on release, but left for 4 years, I should have like a year (probably 2+ including the bonuses with expansions), but I get to have 5 instead. Would I like to have the 6-year reward? Of course. But maybe it's just because I'm coming from EQ1 where it's always been based on when you were subscribed. When I came back to EQ2 I was pumped that I got credit for most of those years I was gone. It was a very nice bonus, but really it makes sense that you get credit for when you were actually a player.

Of course it makes sense, but they never even warned us.

How were we to know it was just a bug? A bug that had been happening for four years?

If they had told us about it, there would be no problems. But since they didn't, a lot of people got screwed.

Sphiriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:39 PM   #48
Gungo

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

How were we to know it was just a bug? A bug that had been happening for four years?

If they had told us about it, there would be no problems. But since they didn't, a lot of people got screwed.

Have you ever read the in game personae window that lists these days? It says ACTIVE account. Fairly certain anyone not living in denial would realize it was a bug. And since this is a RECENT change no one actual gets screwed, because this change affects all future days. So in essence they are telling you about it.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:42 PM   #49
Sphiriah

Loremaster

Gungo wrote:

Have you ever read the in game personae window that lists these days? It says ACTIVE account. Fairly certain anyone not living in denial would realize it was a bug. And since this is a RECENT change no one actual gets screwed, because this change affects all future days. So in essence they are telling you about it.

1. No, nothing in the persona window says anything about "Active" age.

2. They made this change within the first couple months of 09. Not recently. There was no warning.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:42 PM   #50
Balic

Loremaster

Honestly, everyone benefits from this item.

A 6-year vet can use it and call to someone.

Someone that isn't yet 6-year uses it to in that they can be called (summoned).

As far as tinkers, well, in about 3 months, eveyone can be a tinker so hardly a blow there. 

Balic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:45 PM   #51
Gungo

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Gungo wrote:

1. No, nothing in the persona window says anything about "Active" age.

2. They made this change within the first couple months of 09. Not recently. There was no warning.

1) pretty sure it says active days in the personae but i wil check later.2) oddly enough my account lapsed for over a month in september and i still have well over 6 years on my account

Old 12-11-2009, 04:48 PM   #52
Sphiriah

Loremaster

Gungo wrote:

1) pretty sure it says active days in the personae but i wil check later.

2) oddly enough my account lapsed for over a month in september and i still have well over 6 years on my account

Persona window says:

Account Age:

Base Account Age:

Bonus Days

Total Age:

Someone could assume that "Account Age" would go by when the account was open. That's not really a stretch.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:15 PM   #53
Strums

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Sydares wrote:

Better yet? Make a sticky post where everyone can see it. Send out an E-mail, and make the cutoff date the day you send out that E-mail, not whenever you cut it off before. Give your customers the chance to preserve their veteran status, while giving amnesty to the ones who never got that chance.

That's 'fair' to everyone. It's not even a lot to ask.

No it's not fair. At least not towards whose of us who played the game continuously. That's the whole point. You believe you are a veteran and deserve a reward. But... you are not, and you didn't act like one. Hiding behind the fact that a "friend" of yours got the reward despite his leaving isn't a excuse to give it to everybody.

Any idea what a reward is ? Here's some help : "an act performed to strengthen approved behavior"

Should SoE approve your departure from EQ2 to go playing something else ?

I'm glad they show more common sense than you do, even if it hurts. Get patient and you will get your reward as well in a few months. At this point, you will deserve it.

The guy does have a point though.  My little brother started playing over a year ago, brand new account and all.  He was able to get his 6 year vet reward, while I was not.  I had to close my account for a few months this year due to some personal problems, but have still had my sub much longer than he has.

How can you honestly justify saying "No it's not fair. At least not towards whose of us who played the game continuously. That's the whole point. You believe you are a veteran and deserve a reward. But... you are not, and you didn't act like one. Hiding behind the fact that a "friend" of yours got the reward despite his leaving isn't a excuse to give it to everybody." Tons of people have joined EQ2 over the past few years, how can you justify giving them a 6year vet reward but not someone who has had an account since launch day?

Yes it was broken, I understand that, but what Sydares wrote does have some validity.  Those of us who were not made aware of the change, or who happened to be un-subed during the change are taking a huge hit.  Is it fair that someone who has played for ONLY the past two years has an account age six months longer than mine, simply because I missed a few months on my sub THIS YEAR but have been loyal to EQ2 since launch?

EDIT:  After looking into my brothers account, his account was not new.  He played for one month shortly after launch, then quit up until a year or so ago.  Same deal though...someone who has had an account active for a little over a year vs mine being active since launch with the exceptions of a few months...  makes no sense

Old 12-11-2009, 05:22 PM   #54
Sphiriah

Loremaster

Strums wrote:

The guy does have a point though.  My little brother started playing over a year ago, brand new account and all.  He was able to get his 6 year vet reward, while I was not.  I had to close my account for a few months this year due to some personal problems, but have still had my sub much longer than he has.

How can you honestly justify saying "No it's not fair. At least not towards whose of us who played the game continuously. That's the whole point. You believe you are a veteran and deserve a reward. But... you are not, and you didn't act like one. Hiding behind the fact that a "friend" of yours got the reward despite his leaving isn't a excuse to give it to everybody." Tons of people have joined EQ2 over the past few years, how can you justify giving them a 6year vet reward but not someone who has had an account since launch day?

Yes it was broken, I understand that, but what Sydares wrote does have some validity.  Those of us who were not made aware of the change, or who happened to be un-subed during the change are taking a huge hit.  Is it fair that someone who has played for ONLY the past two years has an account age six months longer than mine, simply because I missed a few months on my sub THIS YEAR but have been loyal to EQ2 since launch?

^ This.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:33 PM   #55
Obadiah

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Strums wrote:

^ This.

That makes no sense. With all the moaning that was done on this forum earlier this year about the 3-year Veteran's Crate being OP and making new players quit, how does a 1-2 year old account accumulate enough time to get the 6-year reward?

Old 12-11-2009, 06:17 PM   #56
Jardon

Loremaster

Qandor wrote:

I was never in favor of them adding tracking as a racial trait. I was also never in favor of them adding Ulteran Scolar as a racial trait either. Maybe you think we should have repair bots as a racial trait also? I think it is pretty lazy devopment when the best they come up with is taking unique racial, class or earned abilities and applying them to large segments of the playerbase.

Invisibility? Invisibility was avaialable to everyone early on  through the use of invis totems and is in no way a unique ability by any stretch of the imagination.

You should do your homework before talking about Call of the Tinkerer and Call of the Hero. You apparently have no clue what they do. However to save you time. Call of the Hero allows the Conjuror to summon a player to them. Call of the Tinkerer allows the tinkerer to summon themselves to another group member. Two totally separate abilities.

As you were the one who originally grouped Call of the Hero and Call of the Tinkerer into one group (the group you complain is made usless by the 6 year vet reward), I took the liberty of doing the same.

Yes I do know what they both do, as I have TWO 400 tinkeres, that both have Call of the Tinkerer and I was using Call of the Hero to help people complete the old Prismatic One quests in Sol Eye back when it was brand new.

I also have completed the quest in Lavastorm and gotten the drops from Unrest that give you items that do Call of the Tinkerer/Call of the Hero.

My point, that you seem to have missed, is that most abilities in the game are being supplimented by abilites from somewhere else (racial skill, vet reward, tinkerering, station store, LoN).

If you don't care for the way the reward works, then don't claim the reward when it becomes avaliable to you, and don't accept a call from someone using the reward. If someone in your group calls to you, you have the options of dropping group and finding other to group with.

Just because they added this item to the game does not mean Call of the Hero/Call of the Tinkerer stop working, they are still usefull when the reward is unaviable or waiting for the timer.

Raztok, 90 Troubador/90 Alchemist, Antonia Bayle
Jardok 90 Bruiser/90 Weaponsmith, Antonia Bayle
Razmer, 90 Zerker/90 Armorer, Antonia Bayle
Jarrel, 90 Brig/90 Provisioner, Antonia Bayle
Raznyk, 80 Wizard/90 Carpenter, Antonia Bayle
Jazdar, 90 Inquisitor/90 Sage, Antonia Bayle
Jardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:59 PM   #57
DukeOccam

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

When I logged in and saw that I had credit for most of the entire time I was away, that's when I first got an inkling. I mean the whole concept is to reward loyalty...why would such a system reward someone who maybe started at launch and didn't play again until recently (like hey..me) the same as someone who's been playing the whole time? It's pretty obvious it made no sense...of course we all like the bugs that benefit us.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:02 PM   #58
erin

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

When I logged in and saw that I had credit for most of the entire time I was away, that's when I first got an inkling. I mean the whole concept is to reward loyalty...why would such a system reward someone who maybe started at launch and didn't play again until recently (like hey..me) the same as someone who's been playing the whole time? It's pretty obvious it made no sense...of course we all like the bugs that benefit us.

And those of us who have loyally stayed the whole time have expressed our frustration with the bug many times over the years.  Vet rewards were supposed to reward those that were loyal, yet others 'slipped' in.  It didn't affect my gameplay, just left a sour taste in my mouth.  It always felt that SOE favored the folks that leave and come back over those that stayed.

Now one of those is fixed.  Does it really affect me?  No.  But I'm still in favor of it.

erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:16 PM   #59
DukeOccam

Loremaster

erin wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

And those of us who have loyally stayed the whole time have expressed our frustration with the bug many times over the years.  Vet rewards were supposed to reward those that were loyal, yet others 'slipped' in.  It didn't affect my gameplay, just left a sour taste in my mouth.  It always felt that SOE favored the folks that leave and come back over those that stayed.

Now one of those is fixed.  Does it really affect me?  No.  But I'm still in favor of it.

Yeah I felt a little weird having that much time credited, but I consoled myself with the fact that it didn't really interfere with anyone else's game. I mean, I hope they don't retroactively subtract time to correct the error, but nevertheless I agree with their fix as well.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:39 PM   #60
Strums

Loremaster

I honestly do not think people are seeing the real problem with this...let me try to graph this out for the reading impaired.

Launch Date   DOF     KOS       EOF       ROK          TSO           Today

===================================================    <-- my active account time in yellow, closed in red

===================================================    <-- Confirmed 6year vet active vs closed time

Now looking at it this way, this is why I am upset with this.  I know for a fact my account has been open and paid for much longer than my Brothers account...however he has been playing solid for the past year and a few months, while I had to cancel for a few months after this fix happened. 

How can someone be rewarded the 6year reward when they have less than half the time invested than I do?  How do you justify this?  Sure it was broken...but if you are going to fix this then by god fix it right.  Simply rewarding the people who have been active FOR THE LAST YEAR was not the solution.