EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2009, 07:16 PM   #1
Strums

Loremaster
Strums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 214
Default

I havent played in some time...about a year to be exact.  I came back a few months ago, but became tired of the pvp again due to the zerg in KP.  Decided to roll an alt with my girlfriend, but need some advice.

She rolled a mystic, and I did not want to roll another scout.  Back when I played, seemed scouts were everwhere, and master's were way overpriced due to the amount of people who played them.

I figured an SK would make a good duo with her mystic...solid dps, some heals to help between her wards, etc...and so far it seems like it is working out great.

What I didnt realize, is that half the server is now an SK...and the price im going to pay for masters etc is going to be more costly than that of a pally. 

My question is, would a pally make a good duo with a mystic?  More so than the SK?  Any pros or cons to either class as a duo with a mystic...other than everyone is now an SK?

Thanks

__________________
Strums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:23 PM   #2
YasikoSetsu

General
YasikoSetsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 193
Default

Ditch the girl, roll the SK, and solo EQ2.

YasikoSetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:40 AM   #3
TheVekk

Loremaster
TheVekk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 267
Default

Strums wrote:

I havent played in some time...about a year to be exact.  I came back a few months ago, but became tired of the pvp again due to the zerg in KP.  Decided to roll an alt with my girlfriend, but need some advice.

She rolled a mystic, and I did not want to roll another scout.  Back when I played, seemed scouts were everwhere, and master's were way overpriced due to the amount of people who played them.

I figured an SK would make a good duo with her mystic...solid dps, some heals to help between her wards, etc...and so far it seems like it is working out great.

What I didnt realize, is that half the server is now an SK...and the price im going to pay for masters etc is going to be more costly than that of a pally. 

My question is, would a pally make a good duo with a mystic?  More so than the SK?  Any pros or cons to either class as a duo with a mystic...other than everyone is now an SK?

Thanks

SK's probly one of the most op classes u realy dont even need a healer when u play an sk.

SK's use life taps to heals and can put out a very nice amount of dps.

Pallys have Real heal spells that they can cast when ever they get 4 heals i think 1 they can only use on themself 1 massive heal ( lay on hands) a single target heal and a grp heal, they have decent dps but once they get into the 50s and 60s is when there dps wil go up more !

__________________
TheVekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:47 PM   #4
Siphar

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,322
Default

TheVekk wrote:

Strums wrote:

I havent played in some time...about a year to be exact.  I came back a few months ago, but became tired of the pvp again due to the zerg in KP.  Decided to roll an alt with my girlfriend, but need some advice.

She rolled a mystic, and I did not want to roll another scout.  Back when I played, seemed scouts were everwhere, and master's were way overpriced due to the amount of people who played them.

I figured an SK would make a good duo with her mystic...solid dps, some heals to help between her wards, etc...and so far it seems like it is working out great.

What I didnt realize, is that half the server is now an SK...and the price im going to pay for masters etc is going to be more costly than that of a pally. 

My question is, would a pally make a good duo with a mystic?  More so than the SK?  Any pros or cons to either class as a duo with a mystic...other than everyone is now an SK?

Thanks

SK's probly one of the most op classes u realy dont even need a healer when u play an sk. Only if you have end-game gear, masters and 172+AA

SK's use life taps to heals and can put out a very nice amount of dps. If they have end game gear, master and 172+AA

Pallys have Real heal spells that they can cast when ever they get 4 heals i think 1 they can only use on themself 1 massive heal ( lay on hands) a single target heal and a grp heal, they have decent dps but once they get into the 50s and 60s is when there dps wil go up more !

SK only really have exceptional and comparable DPS to scouts and mages in AE encounters (with the right gear, master and 172+ AA)

Fixed

Siphar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:51 PM   #5
YasikoSetsu

General
YasikoSetsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 193
Default

Siphar wrote:

TheVekk wrote:

Strums wrote:

SK's probly one of the most op classes u realy dont even need a healer when u play an sk. Only if you have end-game gear, masters and 172+AA

SK's use life taps to heals and can put out a very nice amount of dps. If they have end game gear, master and 172+AA

Pallys have Real heal spells that they can cast when ever they get 4 heals i think 1 they can only use on themself 1 massive heal ( lay on hands) a single target heal and a grp heal, they have decent dps but once they get into the 50s and 60s is when there dps wil go up more !

SK only really have exceptional and comparable DPS to scouts and mages in AE encounters (with the right gear, master and 172+ AA)

Fixed

Sk/pally without myth, with 150ish AA and Tier-2 TSo gear will do around 1.5-2k DPS (in a favorable AE scenario). And will die almost immedaitely after DA runs out (if you have it) against any remotely geared and experienced opponent.

This being said, SK imo have the most (potential) survivability of any class

Because getting a full set of PvP gear is so hard, right?

Because they don't effing THROW aa points at us now, right?

You make me giggle, sir. All classes pretty much suck in crap gear with no aa. The point is, with decent gear, and good AA, shadowknights are ridiculous when compared to most classes.

YasikoSetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:36 PM   #6
Sprin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: L U S H
Rank: LUSH (Supreme Drinker!)

General
Sprin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,364
Default

YasikoSetsuna wrote:

Siphar wrote:

TheVekk wrote:

Strums wrote:

SK's probly one of the most op classes u realy dont even need a healer when u play an sk. Only if you have end-game gear, masters and 172+AA

SK's use life taps to heals and can put out a very nice amount of dps. If they have end game gear, master and 172+AA

Pallys have Real heal spells that they can cast when ever they get 4 heals i think 1 they can only use on themself 1 massive heal ( lay on hands) a single target heal and a grp heal, they have decent dps but once they get into the 50s and 60s is when there dps wil go up more !

SK only really have exceptional and comparable DPS to scouts and mages in AE encounters (with the right gear, master and 172+ AA)

Fixed

Sk/pally without myth, with 150ish AA and Tier-2 TSo gear will do around 1.5-2k DPS (in a favorable AE scenario). And will die almost immedaitely after DA runs out (if you have it) against any remotely geared and experienced opponent.

This being said, SK imo have the most (potential) survivability of any class

Because getting a full set of PvP gear is so hard, right?

Because they don't effing THROW aa points at us now, right?

You make me giggle, sir. All classes pretty much suck in crap gear with no aa. The point is, with decent gear, and good AA, shadowknights are ridiculous when compared to most classes.

Dont worry its just another SK trying to deflect and redirect the attention away from his class because he knows a nerf is bound to come eventually... He jumped on the bandwagon when they made SK's massively OP and now he wants them to stay that way, so he (just like all the other SK's that come on here and say how they aren't OP) makes all sorts of false and inaccurate statements to make it sound like SK's aren't as massively OP as they are... But never fear, everyone knows the truth about SK's and the class will eventually be hit with the bat...  I just find it amusing to watch all the bandwagon SK's get all butt hurt over people pointing out the very reasons why they made an SK in the first place.... they want it a secret so no nerf bat will come along... its a matter of time.. dont worry

And yes I at one point had an SK that i made long before they were OP... and no I didnt take him up and jump on the bandwagon:

ServerNagafen
CreatedMar 19, 2008
Time Played8 days 9 hours 42 minutes
Last Time PlayedMarch 22, 2009
RaceArasai
Adventure Class   Shadow Knight (43)

 Total PVP kills 77, Deaths 28....  i farmed Varsoon on him for a year...

He's very much been deleted long ago (march 22 it looks like)....

Down with Bandwagon SKs in '10!!!

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #7
Magnis
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Volcan
Rank: Captain

Loremaster
Magnis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 361
Default

 hmm lets not spread false statements here.  SKs are OP by far throught out all levels.

Magnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:04 PM   #8
Sprin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: L U S H
Rank: LUSH (Supreme Drinker!)

General
Sprin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,364
Default

[email protected] wrote:

 hmm lets not spread false statements here.  SKs are OP by far throught out all levels.

Yes, they are just exponentially more OP at 80 with 172 and mythical and pvp gear.... but its sorta like comparing a Toyota Pick up truck vs a Freight Train...   add more cars and more engines to the freight train and maybe a big spike on the front... it doesn't really need that stuff...  its still a freight train vs a toyota pick up truck

ya dig?

Of course here come all the bandwagoner SK's to say how the freight train actually is really slow, and has square wheels, and would lose to a Toyota Pick up truck if the Toyota had chrome wheels and a push bumper.....  Silliness is still silliness, no matter how you try to mask it

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:33 PM   #9
YasikoSetsu

General
YasikoSetsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 193
Default

See that, devs?

I don't even have to go in to depth when taking a strike at a SK, any more. The flood of people to bash the guy stupid enough to try and defend the broken class kinda does the work for me, really.

YasikoSetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:11 PM   #10
Jeht
Server: Vox

Loremaster
Jeht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 230
Default

YasikoSetsuna wrote:

See that, devs?

lol. like they really read the forums

Jeht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:15 PM   #11
YasikoSetsu

General
YasikoSetsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 193
Default

[email protected] wrote:

YasikoSetsuna wrote:

See that, devs?

lol. like they really read the forums

Aeralik did...

BUT I HEARD HE GOT FIRED LOL.

YasikoSetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:55 PM   #12
Orthureon

Loremaster
Orthureon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,073
Default

Come on guys Sks aren't that op, I mean I can only solo  A SINGLE epic x4 at once... I need a zonewide ae HT.

__________________
NAGAFEN Server


  • DAEMIEN 92 Shadowknight

  • XEOS 92 Ranger

  • EXILON 92 Inquisitor.

Orthureon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:48 AM   #13
ulleulle

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 336
Default

Wont derail 2much.

But how did it come to this in the first place with crusaders soloing heroic instances and epics ? arent there a plan at soe HQ on how they want things ? seems like they just turned their back and said f..k it this time around.

How can a company make a product like that,i mean the rest of us not playing crusaders are being [Removed for Content] up and down our backs by sony considering the time saved when playing SK.u can clear all solo content and alot of heroic content without breaking a sweet where as most others cant even do half that without spending HUGE amounts of time.

Why even bother to play anything else these days,,,,,,

Boggles the mind that a company will drag its customers around by the nose like this..

Cheers

Jabib

Again..

/boggles the mind...

ulleulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:57 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.