EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-31-2009, 02:24 PM   #31
Neskonlith

Loremaster

seahawk91 wrote:

I stopped reading when you said .. .Chuck Norris... 

Yes, Chuck Norris can inspire awe.  Since merging into Nagafen, I've learned all about the wonders of Chuck Norris.  Don't diss the Chuck, or you'll find out how far would Chuck chuck you if he would be chucking Chuck.

And stay out of Freeport TG!

"...Gibbets, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of carrion in the morning. You know, one time we had Freeport TG defended, pvp for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked to their revive spot. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' QQ body. The smell, you know that putrescent smell, the whole writ house. Smelled like… victory..."

- Apocalypse Gnome
Neskonlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:29 PM   #32
seahawk

General

KKidrakSG wrote:

seahawk91 wrote:

KKidrakSG wrote:

Reviving in the same zone?  That seems to me to be quite the hugger solution to a serious problem in PvP.

And "reviving to fight again" is not PvP.  It is lame.  If I win a PvP fight, I would like the "dead" guy I just killed to NOT be waiting for me to start a new fight so he can try to get a few hits off on me and get a lucky kill to update his writ.  At least not for a few minutes.

My suggested solution is to have PvP death result in no revive screen at all, and once the last member of your group dies, the entire group automatically respawns back in your racial district in your home city.  Do not offer a revive button so that laying there dead is not an option.  Scatter the group back to the districts in the home city to prevent immedate teleport back to the battle field.  Note that if your group wins in the end, the dead members have not auto-revived yet, so they can be resurrected, and fight on.

I know people are going to cry about this and say that the penalty is too harsh, but give me a break.  Are you saying that travel in this game is really so much of a barrier anymore?  There are teleports, druid rings, and (gag me) BELLS all over the world now!  Travel is virtually instant to just about any zone, so if you REALLY want to zerg and try for a revenge kill, your lamer group can be back to where you were killed at in probably under 10 minutes.

Too penal imo.

Not everyone is "actively" pvp'ing.  Sometimes they are trying to level and they run across a group and get killed.  So you are saying that solo person trying to get from point A to B, should have to revive in their city and then come back out? Only to die again to possibly that same group or another new group and have to repeat the process all over?

Each zone has multiple revive points.  We all know the best revive spot for the TG zerg fest.  I suggest you get one opportunity to revive at that spot, then you are forced to use the other revive points until you have exhausted all of them and then it can reset.

Again, not everyone is "looking" for pvp 24/7... some are trying to level and your suggestion does more harm to the leveler's then those that are just out to pvp.

Am I saying that the solo player that is just trying to get from point A to point B should revive back in their city?  Yes, actually.  This is a PvP server, not a care bear server.  Danger is an element that should be extreme here, and right now it is not.  There is zero penalty for a PvP death, and a thousand times worse, zero penalty for going after your killer hoping for a lucky kill even though you yourself were already defeated.

Nothing is worse than "winning" a fight only to have the person you just "killed" grief YOU the "winner" into leaving the zone because you are now attacked every time you engage a mob.  How about the LOSER leave the zone.  I used to play on Tallon Zek and Sullon Zek in EQ1 PvP, and we had an honor system then called "loot and scoot."  You get killed, you collect your gear and you leave the zone.  Now, I know that will never work with our current generation of players/degenerates, so my best suggestion is to force a departure from the zone with a city revive.

Zone control does not exist in EQ2 PvP, and without it, there is no risk in suicide zerg runs, and there is no reward for "vanquishing" your foe because they will right back to take another shot at you in 20 seconds.  Good luck working on your quest with that crap going on.

Believe me when I tell you that I know better than anyone that not everyone is looking for PvP 24/7.  I personally never go looking for PvP.  I AM that player that you have named.  I AM that player that is just trying to quest and level.  And what I want more than anything is a city auto-revive.  I play a Necromancer.  I am virtually helpless in PvP, yet *I* and the one asking for this.  I have zero pieces of PvP gear, and yet, *I* am the one that wants this.  I lose 95 out of 100 PvP fights, and when I lose, I depart with honor. 

*BUT!* on that rare occasion that I actually earn a win, it is like finding that shiney new Red Rider BB gun under the Christmas Tree.  And whe some lame turbo DA revives at a point only a 15 second run away from the scene of the crime, runs back, murders me, teabags me and spam laughs, it is like getting my eye shot out with my own bb gun.

If that is how you truly feel, I would bet you are in the minority.  I don't want "carebear" either, but having to revive in your home city is a bit extreme.  Not everyone can play for hours on end.  And continutally "returning" back to your zone will eat up time and add to frustration.  Some people want to hop in and just play for a bit, then log.

Anyways, agree to disagree.

The bigger issue is the lack of free roaming pvp.  The TG debacle is just that.. a debacle.  It is a sheer numbers game of epic proportions.  People die, then come right back .. rinse and repeat.  No consequences at all.  I think we both agree that something should be done, I just think your "city revive" deal is a bit penal.

Respectfully,

BrainJelly

Old 11-01-2009, 07:30 AM   #33
yellowbelly08

Loremaster

The zerg solution:

Make the writ givers spawn in random ROK locations each 30 mins. Make them give 3x the token rewards from the still present city writ givers, plus give them extra reward on writ completion (eg new tokens too toward new items) This way players will roam looking for them and the zerg/lag will never have a chance to build up to the proportions it is now. Players wanting quicker writ (eg calling back to city each time will imo concentrate on the open and good pvp land of Dregs landing and SS) and not TG which will be laggy due to the number of NPC and terrain, however many will roam in search of the better writ. So we will have to find it to get writ and then find it again to turn it in, we will roam....

Galoro

Old 11-01-2009, 11:08 AM   #34
KKidrakSG

Loremaster

Seahawk,

Heres to hoping for a fair and reasonable solution in the future then.  I certainly would like to enjoy quality PvP again, and I believe you would too.

Respectfully,

Old 11-02-2009, 12:16 AM   #35
Chia_Pet

Loremaster

Neskonlith wrote:

Many subscribers play for entertainment, and here you QQs are discussing ways to create rules to make the game less fun for the majority.  More rules = more "Arena situation" and less Open World. 

When Chuck Norris was outnumbered, did he run to the kung-fu forums to whine for nerfs against his opponents for ganging up on him?  NO!  Chuck Norris added more special effects and explosions and won!

Teren's Grasp is Freeport territory, and since you QQs cannot successfully invade and hold it, you want to find a way to convince SOE to cripple the armies of Freeport defending it.  Freeport has claimed a "castle" to defend that you QQs find too frustrating to attack, so you want it forcibly removed by SOE as an objective.

Tired of zergs?  Simply stay out of Freeport TG, and there will never be another QQ zerg again.

Want to PVP in Fens?  Go to the Fens and stake a claim - stop running, evacing and porting away when Freeport comes to fight.

OK, you need to get some sort of clue before posting again.

Yes freeps outnumber Qs, the problem is, you goof balls never leave your zerg area, like EVER, we go to other zones. and ya know what we find? NOTHING. why? because you freeps cant seem to solo/group PvP. one on one 99% of the time you run back to a full group. group on group you run back to find the raid. YOU NEVER LEAVE TG. I watch as im one of the few that run around and pick you off when im able to get away from the gankers. Ill stand on a building in TG and watch literally 40 freeps run around doing nothing for 20-30 min at a time hoping to find one Q( many times me) to all jump on.

I run through other zones looking for a fight, and find a barren wasteland. when i do find a lone freep, he runs, and evn like today, pulls his internet connection. 3 times in a row!!! CMON.

You guys need to get out of the mass zerg mentality and actually learn to fight one on one. its sad when 12-20 of you jump me, and I take most of you to half health and kill one or two.

get a clue already.

LOL freep TG, you own nothing else because you go nowhere else, and Qs looking for a fight can go to every other zone till thier blue in the face, but they wont find any PvP except sporadically or they go to TG.

Chia_Pet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:17 AM   #36
Cloakentuna

Loremaster

Death parse from a round of fights last night.  We were fighting up near the bank, so not nearly as much zerg.  Had our group of 6 for pretty much the whole fight.  A few random Qs stumbled up every now and then, but for the most part it was 6 v 40+.

Allies: (01:31:33) 17850869 | 3249.75 [Archimago-Ice Comet-17590]a Teren guardian | 25Ancestral Sentry | 22Neesia | 18Kaxak | 17Snenneq | 15Zozk | 14Letsdance | 13Ironlung | 12Bonepicker | 12Mortdujour | 11Acidic | 11Sydan | 11Turk's cebus albifron | 11Totank | 10Seosock | 10Seosock's thug | 10Spiritdeath | 9Rahjin | 9Xaewiia | 9Greendevil | 9Venerable | 9Muddwina's wolf pack | 9Froggleg | 8Evastal | 8Mujina | 8Kyren | 8Snoopzeez | 8Snenneq's Spiritual Shrine | 8Greendevil's Healing Grove | 8Sydan's thug | 8Adius | 7Sponge | 7a Teren sergeant | 7Trex | 7Kaxak's Lunar Attendant | 7Neesia's wolf pack | 7Neit | 6Roccogiannii | 6Hulka | 6Rancherbob | 6Squishin | 6Slyvac | 6Hettrick | 6Signacius | 6Atoya | 6Evastal's dark broodling | 6Greendevil's Faerie Ally | 6Ocko | 5Cesium | 5Tingue | 5Dracoy | 5Zevil | 5Zakoba | 5Highpass | 5Shmikker | 5Pikul | 5Vilanna | 5Kalasiah | 5Rookey | 5Nathanx | 5Rookey's unswerving hammer | 5Mortdujour's blighted horde | 5Rikard | 4Colnago | 4Dubblemint | 4Palmdale | 4Weaklings | 4Elfkillerrr | 4Draigon | 4Turk | 4Tstst | 4September | 4Nejil | 4Valko | 4Bojangley | 4Ghaladriel | 4Maxmous | 4Daaz | 4Gawdavit's wolf ally | 4Muddwina's Faerie Ally | 4Dubblemint's Faerie Ally | 4Zakoba's Vampiric Orb | 4Nihlathak | 3Icculus | 3Odoscia | 3Hotrodpally | 3Garras | 3Telomar | 3Spankii | 3Krackpots | 3Gospel | 3Boanz | 3Mernott | 3Warthorn | 3Speedyfeets | 3Rockwilda | 3Blackfrost | 3Muddwina | 3Garlik | 3Agnarus | 3Vandor | 3Jiggamayo | 3Voidshield | 3Kurzt | 3Draigon's thug | 3Gutter's thug | 3Sponge's thug | 3Atoya's Faerie Ally | 3Cesium's thug | 3Mortdujour's awaken grave | 3Alphaomega's unswerving hammer | 3Mrslayer | 2Cheat | 2Trevelyan | 2Airstryke | 2Brewser | 2Agramon | 2Zekly | 2Dragas | 2Zepz | 2Kule | 2Jaaxx | 2Sorcery | 2Tadakatsu | 2Figit | 2Syndrome | 2Xpect | 2Khatred | 2Teila | 2Emem | 2Miralda | 2Swaltier | 2Brasil | 2Alphaomega | 2Keahani | 2Zunii | 2Theodrec | 2Insurgent | 2Horizons | 2Hanazuki | 2Lykomedes | 2Gawdavit | 2Alexie | 2Power's Mischievous Mockery | 2Venerable's Lunar Attendant | 2Atoya's Healing Grove | 2Anacletus | 2Udaea's Healing Grove | 2Alundreana's Ring of Fire | 2Insurgent's Spiritual Shrine | 2Tstst's unswerving hammer | 2Catastrophi | 1Archimago | 1Milio | 1Blaiz | 1Nifestorm | 1Reefman | 1Janeen | 1Zaitsev | 1Bambo | 1Rayner | 1Darknass | 1Devyl | 1Hellsboy | 1Spazzo | 1Twinkerhell | 1Spaventoso | 1Mobo | 1Moto | 1Drachnyen | 1Alundreana | 1Umoru | 1Milknhoney | 1Gutter | 1Ipiz | 1Slaminass | 1Kreye | 1Tristian | 1Dawgup | 1Defilz | 1Mindcandy | 1Swiftdoom | 1Tubsass | 1Numissa | 1Daath | 1Funkin | 1Deadlyawakening | 1Minion of Evil | 1Mytie | 1Galvin | 1Foolx | 1Venexx | 1Fiaciho | 1Knockouts | 1Phocin | 1Smacktard | 1Opivip | 1Underwood | 1Lucifer | 1Pwnd | 1Sesshomaru | 1Griffon Defender | 1Neesia's Healing Grove | 1Freekyfrog | 1Mernott's Spiritual Shrine | 1Druzid's Lunar Attendant | 1a docile air elemental | 1Janeen's Furnace of Ro | 1Froggleg's Portalplz puppet | 1Teila's Faerie Ally | 1Sandola's Healing Grove | 1Macadestinyoo | 1Signacius's Healing Grove | 1Darknass's Ring of Fire | 1Charmsixvallfp | 1Sandola's wolf pack | 1Darkengel | 1Defilz's Spiritual Shrine | 1Lazarius | 1Nathanx's Protecting Grove | 1Acidic's Acid Storm Cell | 1Udaea's Faerie Ally | 1Muddwina's Healing Grove | 1Udaea's wolf pack | 1Swiftdoom's thug | 1Sirbeanie | 0Power | 0Brazen | 0Savehands | 0Trandom | 0Akog | 0Sigh | 0Lylith | 0Bowmann | 0Damar | 0Cabaniz | 0Cleanhand | 0Kaih | 0Brucethegreat | 0Orillius | 0Kabros | 0Jerr | 0Deathcry | 0Mrmeanor | 0Annoyanze | 0Oloni | 0Detected | 0Breanor | 0Dilan | 0Nehja | 0Hotlilplate | 0Xaviour | 0Yoshi | 0Finks | 0

Green my group.  Red allies not in group.  There were more below this point, but I think my export got capped.  Highest duration from a Q other than my group was ~25 minutes.

WTB random writ giver locations with 30 minute timers on the respawn/despawn.

Cloakentuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:36 AM   #37
Chia_Pet

Loremaster

you know I dont remember much zerg happening when all you got was status points and faction with the PvP gear.  do seem to remember some raid stuff but ya know what, if Equipment cost the equivelent of lets say, 5000 status we get from a sigle one v one kill multiplied by say oh...100 current writs worth. hmmm lets see.

math means my mind hurt, but we get 30,000 status for 6 one v one fights. multiply that 100 for 100 of the old tokens for the TSO PvP armor and we get 3,000,000 status for one peice of armor. NOW we got a solution, cause ya see all those kill counts that grant 0 status mean NOTHING., coming in and leaching and getting 200-300 points isnt nearly worth the effort. Now we are talking on how to get solo one on one fights back, finagle the way group rewards are done and while a group may split 1 kill 6 ways, thats ok if they kill another full group, it gives each person one full kill....

hmmm seems like the real solution has been there all along.

Screw the writ givers, base all PvP purchases on PvP status points. change the prices to make it reasonable( 3,000,000 status is a bit harsh cause you cant solo and stop others from jumping in) and were golden.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:18 AM   #38
Dorsan
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx

Loremaster

No, solo fights are not a solution while we have classes like crusaders so out of whack, noob wizzards popping 20% tribunal damage reduction, manashield and then final judgement in 1on1 fights, noob scouts using the 15 sec death prevent godspells in 1on1 fights, and the list goes on forever. I agree the current system is flawed, but the flaws are too deep to fix them with just 1 change. We need added risk, but if we add risk we are going to see even more abuses of godspells and even more new crusaders. We need godspells removed, classes balanced and risk in pvp. All that done at once could fix what we have. Either of those alone will not improve anything, just create different kind of problems.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:41 AM   #39
Chia_Pet

Loremaster

You are mistakenly under the assumption that all classes need to be balanced against one another. They dont. There are problems with SK's for sure. there are other problems that need to be dealt with balance wise, but that has little to do with the title of this post. and that is zerging, and ways to fix it.

The problem with zerging as people call it, is the root causes.

First the requirement to turn in at a certain point. This being the writ giver. the second being the location of said turn in, in relation to revive points. third being the way kills are awarded in relation to the obtaining of gear.

big fights happen alot. but currently they are alomost forced by the nature of the current system. nobody wants to turn in at a city and have to constantly zone back and forth, all that does is discourage PvP.

honestly, the best solution really is the removal of writ givers. and a reward system that rewards those that put in the work, yet does it fairly across the board so that one player type(scout/mage/healer/warrior) doesnt come out ahead of the game. ( this was the problem that led us from body drop tokens to the current writ system.

By ensuring that both solo based classes and group based classes can equally aquire "points" to get gear things will even out in PvP. obviously class imbalances will not be fixed, but then we arent currently debating that in this thread. nore should they even need to be. changing the way PvP rewards are done based soley on how a certain class plays in PvP is inherently wrong.

having healers that get endless power, or mages that can one shot tanks, or tanks that can kill and heal so effectively as to be untouchable at times does need to be addressed, but these need to be addressed seperatly from our current debate, and that is the mass token farming that happened and the after affects of mass PvP being the most effective way of getting gear.

the most effective way of getting gear should be equally Solo and group with raid being the worst. if anything, perhaps group should be the best, but if not then deffinatly equal to solo PvP.

Mass fights, should be fun and a blast, but not give out PvP gear like free candy.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:54 AM   #40
Dorsan

Loremaster

No, you missunderstood my main point. My point is you can't fix zerging without introducing new problems. If you look back, SoE tried to fix problems one by one, but as they fix one problem another one resurfaces. The whole PvP ruleset as it is needs to be revisited, and yes classes needs rebalancing for PvP. If you just focus on fixing the zerg issue, the fix will just cause more problems then it solves, just as the other fixes did.

edit: even small things like KvD are off. If 12 people kill one person they all get 1 kill. Which means that 12 enemy players died. It makes no sence. In grp PvP if a grp wipes another grp and the other group comes back and wipes them, they all 12 of them will get 6 kills and 1 deaths, while in reality they should have 1-1. And that's just a tiny little thing that's not even important. Way more important things are completely off. Someone should really revisit the whole PvP ruleset, classes, everything. Then a team of testers should test actual scenarios (group and solo as well), using different tier gear available, with and without godspells. And also someone needs to actually plan things and test in theory what effect will be caused with each part of the pvp ruleset and then adjust it until an optimal solution can be achieved... (meh im really bored)

Old 11-02-2009, 03:06 AM   #41
Fin
Guild: Fortitude

General

Everyone has their full sets now but still have the writ huggin zergers. Seems odd to me. I roamed around and killed some greens and blues today.

Frog my parse had 57 vs 6 and a group of 6 friendlies came in and helpd about halfway thru. What was hilarious was the unabashed zerging. They had us nearly 10 to 1 and had no shame in running back with rez sickness and immunity ticking. I roffled so hard.

I whod the kps today on a freep  it was between 30-60 fp in each zone with 4 open. So there was about 100-150 fp pvping and 20-30 qs. Reminds me of the good ol days on venekor. So of 150 fp none in any other zone except for levelers? I have about 500 tokens in my bag atm and I dont pvp that often. I reckon most these people are from venekor and will have their full sets in a week or two and get burned out on zerging.

Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:04 PM   #42
Neskonlith

Loremaster

Chia_Pet wrote:

You guys need to get out of the mass zerg mentality and actually learn to fight one on one.

The only clue I need is to understand that EQ2 is a "social MMO" where it appears that many players like to cooperate and work together as an army to defend what Freeport claims. 

Stay out of Freeport TG and you QQs will never need to revive zerg again! 

Solo players in EQ2 = easy updates.  You jump into a piranha pool and get attacked by hundreds, and then you expect sympathy as you whine about "Not fair!  One at a time!"? 

If you want "one on one" fights, you need to go to Blue servers and /duel.  This game is no longer the solo EverScout that it was back in KoS.

"...Gibbets, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of carrion in the morning. You know, one time we had Freeport TG defended, pvp for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked to their revive spot. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' QQ body. The smell, you know that putrescent smell, the whole writ house. Smelled like… victory..."

- Apocalypse Gnome
Old 11-02-2009, 01:25 PM   #43
Neskonlith

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Death parse from a round of fights last night.  We were fighting up near the bank, so not nearly as much zerg.  Had our group of 6 for pretty much the whole fight.  A few random Qs stumbled up every now and then, but for the most part it was 6 v 40+.

Nice list, look at all of the subscribers having fun mixing it up together in a social MMO!

"...EverQuest® II is the next generation of massively multiplayer gaming, a huge online world where friends have come together for adventure and community..."

Freeport has a lot of friends who like to play cooperatively.

The solo gamer mentality in a social MMO is what you appear to be clinging to.  Maybe a solution is to stop being anti-social and bring more QQs when you want to invade Freeport TG? 

Blue servers offer /duel if you crave solo one-versus-one action.

- Apocalypse Gnome
Old 11-02-2009, 01:43 PM   #44
Faenril
Guild: Purity

Loremaster

So then can we have a game engine and servers that can run "NotEverscoutAnymore II", please ?
Faenril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #45
Enoe

Loremaster

Some of ppl especialy one who use red letter dont understand 1 basic thing.

Q stacked grps likes a lot big freep gatherings.

TBH i think if 6 Qs fight freep scrubs only fair number is like 6v40+, otherwise it is just slaughter with big smile on Q's lips

So we dont mind big numbers of freeps more of u more fun for us.

What red writing person dont understand is we just dont like zerging - killing 50 freeps is easy but killing 50 zerging freeps is almost not possible cause fight last forever and finally lag/crashes will catch up with Qs.

Frogleg do u remmeber fight us 6 vs 52 zerging freeps? We stand for 7 mins then 1st healer crushed - well ok we fight on, 3 mins later 2 ppl of 5 remaining got charmed and at exactly same time i (tank) crushed. In this circumastances finally freeps killed our grp. GREAT VICTORY!!! Freeport banners still fly above TG!!! And Qs has so big laugh from you and your pvp skills.

Back b4 zerg fests some ppl complained about scouts using attack macros for 1 button kill. I think i know how  new freep macro looks like:

engage - blue aoe - revive - engage - blue aoe - revive (this is only 15 sec macro)

Enoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:14 PM   #46
Cloakentuna

Loremaster

Yes I do Enoe, but it doesn't look like I had ACT to on get a death parse.  Was funny though having nearly half our group crash and still stand up only to go down because of charms.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:54 PM   #47
Neskonlith

Loremaster

Enoe wrote:

What red writing person dont understand is we just dont like zerging

I understand quite well that many QQ posts in this thread have made it clear that those QQs want a return of the KoS solo EverScout days where 1vs1 was the rule.

What I see in this thread are many QQs demanding restrictions to punish and prevent new players for coming out of immunity and instances to try to mix it up and join in the fun.

Which community is at fault when Freeport has 60+ in a zone having fun, and then small invading QQs waltz in looking like an appetizer?  Is it the cooperative Freeporters who choose to play together as a community, or is it the few anti-socials in QQeynos who want to force everyone to 1vs1?

If you want to claim Freeport TG, then take it and hold it - don't whine to SOE when Freeport responds with hordes of eager reinforcements willing to challenge your invasion.

- Apocalypse Gnome
Old 11-02-2009, 04:33 PM   #48
Paikis

Loremaster

Enoe wrote:

Some of ppl especialy one who use red letter dont understand 1 basic thing.

Q stacked grps likes a lot big freep gatherings.

TBH i think if 6 Qs fight freep scrubs only fair number is like 6v40+, otherwise it is just slaughter with big smile on Q's lips

So we dont mind big numbers of freeps more of u more fun for us.

What red writing person dont understand is we just dont like zerging - killing 50 freeps is easy but killing 50 zerging freeps is almost not possible cause fight last forever and finally lag/crashes will catch up with Qs.

Frogleg do u remmeber fight us 6 vs 52 zerging freeps? We stand for 7 mins then 1st healer crushed - well ok we fight on, 3 mins later 2 ppl of 5 remaining got charmed and at exactly same time i (tank) crushed. In this circumastances finally freeps killed our grp. GREAT VICTORY!!! Freeport banners still fly above TG!!! And Qs has so big laugh from you and your pvp skills.

Back b4 zerg fests some ppl complained about scouts using attack macros for 1 button kill. I think i know how  new freep macro looks like:

engage - blue aoe - revive - engage - blue aoe - revive (this is only 15 sec macro)

LOL, pot meet kettle.

Talk all you like Enoe, the zerging shoe has been on Qeynos' foot just as much as Freeport's.

Kaelas, Necromancer

Valindor, Templar

Paikis, Troubador

Ashk, Berserker

Mirbolt, Shadowknight
Paikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:38 PM   #49
Ahlana

Loremaster

Paikis wrote:

Enoe wrote:

-snip-

LOL, pot meet kettle.

Talk all you like Enoe, the zerging shoe has been on Qeynos' foot just as much as Freeport's.

True story it just matters who is in control of TG at the time and the other side will be zerging. And as much as Q's like to think it, they do not always have control, during my play time it is mostly the Q's zerging /shrug. But during the time the Q number's massively outnumber Freeps it seems to swing the other way.

But if you really really want to get rid of zerging... make titles that rely on KvD rations and not Fame/Infamy..... ther zerging will stop in its tracks.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:52 PM   #50
Portbott

Loremaster

Neskonlith wrote:

Enoe wrote:

I understand quite well that many QQ posts in this thread have made it clear that those QQs want a return of the KoS solo EverScout days where 1vs1 was the rule.

What I see in this thread are many QQs demanding restrictions to punish and prevent new players for coming out of immunity and instances to try to mix it up and join in the fun.

Which community is at fault when Freeport has 60+ in a zone having fun, and then small invading QQs waltz in looking like an appetizer?  Is it the cooperative Freeporters who choose to play together as a community, or is it the few anti-socials in QQeynos who want to force everyone to 1vs1?

If you want to claim Freeport TG, then take it and hold it - don't whine to SOE when Freeport responds with hordes of eager reinforcements willing to challenge your invasion.

This isn't Warhammer. Fact is that I don't care if Qeynos or Freeport runs the zerg. Either way, it's boring.
Portbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:04 PM   #51
seahawk

General

[email protected] wrote:

Neskonlith wrote:

Enoe wrote:

This isn't Warhammer. Fact is that I don't care if Qeynos or Freeport runs the zerg. Either way, it's boring.

+1

The zerg is lame.  Period.  I don't care if Q's do it or Freeps do it.  It blows and is NOT FUN.

This is not the pvp I came to enjoy.  Just an fyi.. I have no pvp gear and just some legendary/MC stuff.  When I hit 80 in the next day or so, I have enough tokens to get 2 rok jewelry pcs and NO TSO gear.  I bet i have been to TG's a half dozen times.  Whether I am winning or losing it just gets boring.

And to the "red writing" friend.  Take your Lord of the Rings DVD out of the player and actually look at what is going on.. this can't be fun?!?  Sitting at or near the writ giver and just hoping to "get a hit in" on the person so your writ updates!  lame.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #52
Cloakentuna

Loremaster

Neskonlith wrote:

Enoe wrote:

We do claim TG.  We claim it with 6 people, slaughtering all 50 FP "holding" it.  The problem is the zerg is so encouraged by TG that no matter how many times you kill everybody they just keep coming back with no penalty what-so-ever.  It isn't social play.  I'd bet the only talking going on between those masses in KP is "zomg go go zerg, keep going, together with our zerg we can beat them" and maybe a few target calls.  It's kinda sad when there is 1 or 2 good groups of fp out there and you log over and ask for a 6v6, or better yet, a 6v12, and get declined because all they wanna do is sit there and zerg for tokens.

The whole QQeynos thing was funny the first time btw, now you just look like an idiot.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:40 PM   #53
Neskonlith

Loremaster

seahawk91 wrote:

And to the "red writing" friend.  Take your Lord of the Rings DVD out of the player and actually look at what is going on.. this can't be fun?!? 

I see a lot of people in TG chat laughing and having fun, but perhaps they are just faking it to deceive me...

As for the current dvd in my player, here's a hint:

...For life is quite absurdAnd death's the final wordYou must always face the curtain with a bow.Forget about your sin - give the audience a grinEnjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

So always look on the bright side of death Just before you draw your terminal breath

Life's a piece of shootWhen you look at itLife's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.You'll see it's all a showKeep 'em laughing as you goJust remember that the last laugh is on you.

And always look on the bright side of life...Always look on the right side of life... (Come on guys, cheer up!)Always look on the bright side of life...Always look on the bright side of life...(Worse things happen at sea, you know.)Always look on the bright side of life...(I mean - what have you got to lose?)(You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.What have you lost? Nothing!)Always look on the right side of life...

- Apocalypse Gnome
Old 11-02-2009, 06:20 PM   #54
Strums

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

My solution will end all Zerging!

If you die in game due to pvp combat.... you die in REAL life!!  Eventually there wil be no zerging.

Broncas is gona be the only person left irl

Old 11-02-2009, 06:35 PM   #55
Enoe

Loremaster

Paikis i dont zerg so i dont know about pot and kettle stuff.

I just get a grp of 6 - zone kp X start fighting - after 10-20 min fight and 50-70 kills we win or die.

Zone moors pick writ - (jeez still dont know why since even my 73 necro has tokens for full pvp gear and im afraid when i get to 80 with it i will have full raid set so tokens will be useless anyway) - zone to other KP again 10-20 min fight and so on - session  last for 2 h untill we r bored with crushes or lag.

We zone to kp and we r zerged by freeps not otherwiseSMILEY

Now red writting person: you r not part of Freeport army but rather Undead Horde. I like idea of realm vs realm (in this case grp vs realm) battles. What zerging ppl  do is not fighting like soldiers but like zombies who never stay dead. I still cant understand how getting skill" better at reviving 400/400" has anything to do with faction pvp?

We are not promoting here 1 v 1. We like and accept 6 v all, but till 1 death (unless grp rev) not untill lag or crash kill us.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:15 AM   #56
Paikis

Loremaster

Enoe wrote:

I just get a grp of 6 - zone kp X start fighting - after 10-20 min fight and 50-70 kills we win or die.

Zone moors pick writ - (jeez still dont know why since even my 73 necro has tokens for full pvp gear and im afraid when i get to 80 with it i will have full raid set so tokens will be useless anyway) - zone to other KP again 10-20 min fight and so on - session  last for 2 h untill we r bored with crushes or lag.

We zone to kp and we r zerged by freeps not otherwise

The thing you need to remember is that while you may not consider what you're doing as zerging, someone else will. Ive been accused of zerging after taking a rez, I've been accused of zerging after sitting in immunity with my group until our sickness is gone and then going out. Heck, Ive been called a zergling after calling home to get another writ.I remember you zerging back on Venekor (long time ago) SMILEY You might not have thought it was zerging, but your group was back and fighting mine within minutes of us stomping you. And then you came back again. 3 times we killed your group before you finally gave up.

But thats not the point, just stop the holier-than-thou talk. Everything you're accusing Freeps of doing, I watch Qs do all day long. Wether you personally do it or not is irrelevant, because you'd be the only one if you didnt, and you HAVE done it in the past.

Kaelas, Necromancer

Valindor, Templar

Paikis, Troubador

Ashk, Berserker

Mirbolt, Shadowknight
Old 11-03-2009, 05:49 AM   #57
Faenril
Guild: Purity

Loremaster

It is funny how many players aparently so eager to "socialize" won't group together ... I wonder why SMILEY
Faenril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:34 AM   #58
Enoe

Loremaster

Paikis wrote:

Enoe wrote:

The thing you need to remember is that while you may not consider what you're doing as zerging, someone else will. Ive been accused of zerging after taking a rez, I've been accused of zerging after sitting in immunity with my group until our sickness is gone and then going out. Heck, Ive been called a zergling after calling home to get another writ.I remember you zerging back on Venekor (long time ago) You might not have thought it was zerging, but your group was back and fighting mine within minutes of us stomping you. And then you came back again. 3 times we killed your group before you finally gave up.

But thats not the point, just stop the holier-than-thou talk. Everything you're accusing Freeps of doing, I watch Qs do all day long. Wether you personally do it or not is irrelevant, because you'd be the only one if you didnt, and you HAVE done it in the past.

Long time ago i might be a scrub SMILEY

Old 11-03-2009, 07:54 AM   #59
Paikis

Loremaster

Enoe wrote:

Long time ago i might be a scrub

You're playing an SK. 'Nuff said.

You were a great guardian, its a shame to see you jump on the FoTM bandwagon.

Kaelas, Necromancer

Valindor, Templar

Paikis, Troubador

Ashk, Berserker

Mirbolt, Shadowknight
Old 11-03-2009, 08:14 AM   #60
Darkor
Guild: Nexus

Loremaster

Enoe wrote:

Paikis wrote:

Enoe wrote:

The thing you need to remember is that while you may not consider what you're doing as zerging, someone else will. Ive been accused of zerging after taking a rez, I've been accused of zerging after sitting in immunity with my group until our sickness is gone and then going out. Heck, Ive been called a zergling after calling home to get another writ.I remember you zerging back on Venekor (long time ago) You might not have thought it was zerging, but your group was back and fighting mine within minutes of us stomping you. And then you came back again. 3 times we killed your group before you finally gave up.

Long time ago i might be a scrub

You went from guardian to sk, there is enough scrub in that.

Darkor 90 Swashbuckler

Daerkin 90 Shadowknight

Daerkor 90 Templar

Ajjantis 90 Warden

Melodic 90 Dirge

Dayo 90 Monk

Rasiel 88 Conjuror

Razyeel 70 Wizard

Biyon 65 Beastlord
Darkor is offline   Reply With Quote