EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-23-2008, 06:47 PM   #1
ozbatovski

Loremaster

Well, since new expansion introduced a new pvp reward system it seems that there is no more need for our old tokens from our old pvp writs. Considering that fact,  I have more then 360 tokens from my 3 toons in total personally, and I can't avodi to fell like I did that whole job for nothing. New pvp rewards are much much better then old ones.

I was about to get one item reward with my tokens but now I have to start from zero. I'm sure many people are in the same situation. (Considering the low population in vox you can guess the disappointment that I feel.)

So, I came up with a suggestion. It would be awesome if there should be token exchange system for the new pvp void shards. Maybe we could buy them from a pvp merchant, i.e. by giving 25 tokens for a void shard. (That corresponds to turning in 5 pvp writs before expansion.)

I'm not sure exchanging how many tokens for a shard is fair for that, so please feel free to share your ideas.

Maybe some people would like to excahnge T6-7 tokens for T8 ones also. This can be discussed too.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:58 PM   #2
Strums

Loremaster

Not trying to bring your thread off topic too much, but how was the reward system changed?  I have not played on the pvp server in about 8 months now.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:16 PM   #3
Sprin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: L U S H

General

there are still quite a few items that are worth getting on the old ROK token venders... just have to look around... now if you only have 20 or so, then i would say it migh tnot be worth it, but a few hundred, and your half way there, i'd still spend some time doin the old writs as there are some mighty fine items in the arsenal there

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 06:20 AM   #4
ozbatovski

Loremaster

To answer Strum's question:

Before TSO (and after RoK) we were getting a pvp writ from an NPC to kill at least 5 free rivals of which 2 has to be specific main class. We were getting 5 tokens for this quest and the chepast pvp item was sale in TG for about 300 tokens.

After TSO we can still get the old writ which rewards us with 5 tokens or we can get the new writ (where the quest is exactly the same as the old one) and get 1 pvp void shard instead. There are new pvp items on sale in MoY with the cost of 100 shards. And the items are much much better then the old ones tbh.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:38 AM   #5
Paikis

Loremaster

Here's an idea: Go kill people and get your new tokens.

Kaelas, Necromancer

Valindor, Templar

Paikis, Troubador

Ashk, Berserker

Mirbolt, Shadowknight
Paikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:03 PM   #6
ozbatovski

Loremaster

oh a very nice idea Paikis... My old tokens came out from lottery...

I should go get new ones now.. Suggets such positive ideas to ruin the forums

Old 12-26-2008, 03:12 AM   #7
Izzypop

Loremaster

Some players had large hoardes of old tokens saved up.  The devs said no so player would no convert old tokesn to new and get 2 or 3 pieces overnight.  What they really need to do is change the writs to give 1 void token and 5 standard tokens so new level 80's with really poor gear can gear up to end game RoK fasters (Which is still by far obsolete to TSO gear)