EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Norrathian Homeshow
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-26-2008, 04:18 AM   #31
prusso1970

Loremaster

My guess is that it'd be too hard to /code/program the mirror so that it reflects everything BUT the character ..just an idea - but yeah I'd have prefered it to do that.

prusso1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 05:35 AM   #32
Tylia
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Test of Time

Loremaster

Wyrmypops wrote:

So far each character has one, but I've only used them as an appealing border to the plain house-to-guild-hall-door.

Thanks for the idea!  The frame of the mirror looks great around the ugly door!  SMILEY

Tylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:29 PM   #33
Mythal_EQ2

Loremaster

My problem with using the mirrors as a door frame is that they don't seem to be click-through. i.e. You can't click the door to open it, or use it if the mirror is in front of it.

D.

Mythal_EQ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:32 PM   #34
Lethe5683

Loremaster

Qandor wrote:

[email protected] DLere wrote:

Ah, you're overlooking the description:

A Vampiric Mirror:

This mirror does not reflect vampires... Past or Present.

It doesn't reflect anything past or present. Unless by chance every single item in our hall was once a vampire including the chairs. There is no mirror. It is the ironforge ornate mirror frame with a whiff of smoke instead of a mirror. Personally I think it is a poor excuse for a quest reward.

Vampire chairs! Arge ye be warned!

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 05:34 PM   #35
Mystfit

Loremaster

I'm not quite done yet, can't come up with a properly matched top (the mahogony coutners don't have an underside when viewed from below), but this what i have so far. It's 4 sided with 4 mirrors. Gotta mess with some rugs to give them a bottom.

Old 10-26-2008, 05:39 PM   #36
Lethe5683

Loremaster

That is seriously amazing...  I am terrible at decorating my house.  Don't suppose I could hire someone to set up my house for me? SMILEY

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:55 PM   #37
Seidhkona

Loremaster

Lethe5683 wrote:

That is seriously amazing... I am terrible at decorating my house. Don't suppose I could hire someone to set up my house for me?

There are lots of people doing interior decorating on LDL, and some hire out. I'd post on the server forum.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:57 PM   #38
Seidhkona

Loremaster

Qandor wrote:

It doesn't reflect anything past or present. Unless by chance every single item in our hall was once a vampire including the chairs. There is no mirror. It is the ironforge ornate mirror frame with a whiff of smoke instead of a mirror. Personally I think it is a poor excuse for a quest reward.

That's how I feel about all the creepy death-and-dungeons stuff you can craft, yet some people love it. As a decorator, you can never tell what some clever person will be able to use as a component for some delightful decorating idea.

You may hate it as an item on its own, but you may find it has uses. Or not. There's no guarantee that you'll love everything in the game.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:33 PM   #39
Kahlef

Loremaster

I agree with Sigrdrifa on this. This is probably exactly why I like decoration so much. Getting an item that was intended for something else and trying to find ways to make it appear like something else. That is not something I am very good at but it always amaze me the ideas people come up on this forum.

Kahlef and a few others - Pirates - Crushbone server

My house designs
Kahlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:41 PM   #40
Kahlef

Loremaster

EDIT: Gah! And I clicked on the reply button instead of the edit button. I've like such a noobie again. Sorry everyone.

My house designs
Old 10-26-2008, 09:47 PM   #41
Wyrmypops

Loremaster

Mythal_EQ2 wrote:

My problem with using the mirrors as a door frame is that they don't seem to be click-through. i.e. You can't click the door to open it, or use it if the mirror is in front of it.

D.

Somehow, it does actually work. My door was size adjusted and placed, with the size adjusted mirror getting placed on top, with a neccesary smidgeon of it going into the floor.

It might work as the door seems to stand on the floor while the mirror goes to the wall.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:48 AM   #42
Tylia
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Test of Time

Loremaster

Mythal_EQ2 wrote:

D.

Make sure that you are placing the mirror on the wall and not on the door.  The door sticks out from the wall a bit due to the thickness of it, and by placing the mirror on the wall behind the door you can still use the door and have the frame of the mirror around your door.  SMILEY

Tylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:41 AM   #43
Taralyn
Server: Innovation
Guild: Dark Honor

Loremaster

The idea of using the mirror as a window for the fish-tank impressed me much...

Here is what I made of this.

Taralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:51 AM   #44
Indy_Mouse_9

Loremaster

Oooo Cayara, that must be one of the most lovely tanks I saw!

Would you post it in the fishtank thread as well, pretty please? SMILEY

Visit Ishtar's Library and Study in the Housing forum

Into books? Check the Dropped and Clicky Books Checklist on Quests forum
Indy_Mouse_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:01 AM   #45
Taralyn
Server: Innovation
Guild: Dark Honor

Loremaster

Thanks a lot

Done!

Taralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:51 AM   #46
Gzelle

Loremaster

Nicely done - that is beautiful!

Skitle, Gracy - AB
Gzelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:00 PM   #47
stavery

Loremaster

OK, Day 1 I loved teh mirror, it looked just like in teh Haunte house, a black mirror with the  mist effect Sized up to t nice size and it looked great in the guild hall (T-3 Hall non raiding guild woot)

Now the black background is gone so you see a myst effect and the wal behind it. OK, I understand the mystical mirrors.. I mean the fish tanks are the biggest cliche in building something unique in your home, but seriously this mirror was way too cool to mess up like this!

I guess if I wanted to make a door to a sauna this would work, but really, that's about it.

Please bring it back... want to make it even cooler let us have the red glowing shadow that was used in the haunted house... now that would be way too cool.

stavery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:56 PM   #48
Sapphirius

Loremaster

Gods, no. Leave the mirrors as they are.

There's so many wonderful uses for them beyond the "cliche" fish tank. If you want a mirror quality to them, you can always place something behind the mirror to obtain it. Personally, I don't want another mirror with the same limited use as a mirror or picture that I can already obtain.

Another 15 vampiric mirrors, and I'll be posting the glasshouse maze in my inquisitor's home. I've been steadily replacing all her teak bookshelves in her previous maze with these mirrors, and so far, the effect has been really nice.

Decorating is 1% inspiration, 9% work, and 90% tweaking. I've spent many an hour just moving things I've placed an inch or so over "that-a-way."
Sapphirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:03 PM   #49
valkry

Gnombie!!

Amen, please leave the 'window' look. I'm waiting for some Gnomish Druid to rig up a greenhouse, with plants growing happily inside while there are piles of snow on the ground outside.

(Then again, I'm also waiting for some guild hall to post up a "Norrathian Hillbillies" post with a grand hall decorated in 'rustic' teir 1 & 2 furniture, and the required birdbath 'cement pond.&#39SMILEY

valkry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:15 PM   #50
Eveningsong

Tester

The mirror already exists with a regular mirror in it - the Ironforge faction mirror.

Besides, the whole fun of the mirror is that it is a "vampire" mirror, and vampires don't have a reflection... and oh, what about that almost lethal bite we got at the graveyard, hmmm....

Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:53 PM   #51
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Oooo Cayara, that must be one of the most lovely tanks I saw!

Would you post it in the fishtank thread as well, pretty please?

Agree! I was thinking the same thing.

Katayira: DE Inquisitor/Alchemist/Tinker
Musette: Evil Pixie Dirge/tailor
also max woodworker, jeweler, and armorer
ask me for FB
Zehl_Ice-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:18 PM   #52
Seidhkona

Loremaster

I am waiting for someone to build an ice hockey rink in their guild castle courtyard, personally... the vampire mirrors as plexiglass panels seem like they'd be perfect!

Old 10-27-2008, 08:50 PM   #53
Eveningsong

Tester

That would be cool, all except that unfortunate part about having to go on walls... /begs for 360 rotation!

Old 10-27-2008, 10:13 PM   #54
Sapphirius

Loremaster

I agree. Being able to rotate things onto a 3rd axis would be nice. If we can't get 3rd axis rotation, then making all surfaces "sticky" is a good compromise that would accomplish the same effect.

I think a greenhouse can be pulled off. There is a way to tilt the mirrors ever so slightly by tilting the surface you put them on. Unfortuantely, tilting them too far will result in them not sticking. Perhaps combining the roof with other items besides just the mirrors will accomlish the appropriate effect.

Decorating is 1% inspiration, 9% work, and 90% tweaking. I've spent many an hour just moving things I've placed an inch or so over "that-a-way."
Sapphirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:26 PM   #55
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster

I think its a really nice frame with a lot of possibilities. Here's a really fast thing I did on mine, Zehll, longshadow alley, on Lucan. My real toons are all on Unrest so she has only a few things. I used the KOTD merchant buyable bone staff things, candles, and I forget which L&L dagger that is, but something a lowbie can get like goblin possibly. Yes I was too lazy to edit it so if you want to see it alone in the browser go here: http://www.neitherland.com/hyperbal...cMirrorZehl.jpg

Katayira: DE Inquisitor/Alchemist/Tinker
Musette: Evil Pixie Dirge/tailor
also max woodworker, jeweler, and armorer
ask me for FB
Zehl_Ice-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:14 PM   #56
Eveningsong

Tester

I had a hard time finding something to do with the window in the NQ hall. It is so large and the glass doesn't really give a feel of an outdoors on the other side, so I wanted to put up some curtains or something to add some interest.... then I thought about the mirror. Voila! I think the two mirrors add a very nice touch to the room and define the window a bit more.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:45 AM   #57
Xeri

Loremaster

Woah.   Look what this guy has done  http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=434651

Thats alot of Mirrors!

Xeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:26 AM   #58
Kiah
Server: Oasis

General

omg! I feel like a noob! but how do I get my hands on this mirror?? I didn't read the entire thread so I'm sorry if it was posted in there somewhere already!

Kiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:53 AM   #59
Kahlef

Loremaster

It was a reward of one of the quests in the Halloween event. It was still going on until yesterday.

My house designs
Old 11-04-2008, 12:43 PM   #60
Vuurvink
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Ddraig Tylwyth

Loremaster

Actually it was possible to obtain this mirror in the Somborn Haunted House up untill 45mins ago.. Unfortunately for you Titaina they are right at this moment patching the servers and they'll be gone SMILEY

Ritualist Nosha The'Pocketmystic :: creator of fine jewelry

Junny Cinna'Muffin :: elbow-deep in dough, baking muffins

Syanne Arya'Bella The Bookbinder

Goudvink Van'Druivenstein :: always ready to kick some behinds

.. and a bunch of other shmoos

Vuurvink is offline   Reply With Quote