EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Mystic
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2007, 03:56 AM   #1
Swifthand

Loremaster
Swifthand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 94
Default

Topic is self explanatory SMILEY

I know they get a illusionary type form at level 20. But my question is this: Is that spell a cheap form of invisibility to mobs? Or just a fluff spell with no use?

Also, I currently have a 32 fury. Now, I've been checking out what each priest class gets that is unique compared to other priests. For example, Inquisitors/Templars get to wear Plate, Druids are able to teleport but can only wear leather, and so far it seems shamans dont get any unique ability or spell that the other priests already have unless you wanna count their pet as their only unique spell. Which brings me back to my question. Druids and Clerics dont get an invis spell but do Shamans? Thank you SMILEY

Swifthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 04:47 AM   #2
Baccalarium

Loremaster
Baccalarium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 502
Default

If want invisibility have to use totem of the chamelean or jaguar.Though I've heard the snake illusion has helped a pvper or two avoid detection,  it has no effect on npc's.
Baccalarium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:04 AM   #3
Oakleafe

Loremaster
Oakleafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 704
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Druids and Clerics dont get an invis spell but do Shamans? Thank you SMILEY<img src=" />

Just for info (as you have a Fury), Furys (druids) get a group invisibility spell at level 45.  As far as I can tell the Fury class is the only priest class to get invisibility.  All others have to make use of the totems, or group with someone with group invis of course. BTW, you can check what spells the other classes get via here:http://www.eq2ref.com/abilities/index.php
__________________


"Work consists of whatever a body is obliged to do. Play consists of whatever a body is not obliged to do."
Oakleafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 12:28 PM   #4
Karlen

Loremaster
Karlen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,513
Default

Totems work quite nicely once you reach level 30.
Karlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:48 PM   #5
rvbarton

Loremaster
rvbarton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Euless, Texas
Posts: 312
Default

Mystics as a class do not get any form of invisibility.  Certain races get a racial "invisibility", but it roots you in place I believe, or at least it used to.  If you want invisibility as a mystic, then you will have to use an external source, such as a totem of the jaguar, and the first one only becomes available at level 30.

 Good luck!

rvbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:55 AM   #6
Carcinoma

Loremaster
Carcinoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Mystics as a class do not get any form of invisibility.  Certain races get a racial "invisibility", but it roots you in place I believe, or at least it used to.  If you want invisibility as a mystic, then you will have to use an external source, such as a totem of the jaguar, and the first one only becomes available at level 30.

 Good luck!

The racial stealth ability that some races get (I think half elves get this) doesn't root you in place, but drains your power like the Monk's windwalk ability, only at a much faster rate.  Also I think it has a 5 minute cooldown, compared to the Monk's 10 second cooldown.
Carcinoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:43 PM   #7
rvbarton

Loremaster
rvbarton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Euless, Texas
Posts: 312
Default

Carcinoma wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

Mystics as a class do not get any form of invisibility.  Certain races get a racial "invisibility", but it roots you in place I believe, or at least it used to.  If you want invisibility as a mystic, then you will have to use an external source, such as a totem of the jaguar, and the first one only becomes available at level 30.

 Good luck!

The racial stealth ability that some races get (I think half elves get this) doesn't root you in place, but drains your power like the Monk's windwalk ability, only at a much faster rate.  Also I think it has a 5 minute cooldown, compared to the Monk's 10 second cooldown.
This was changed with the last major update.  Initially, the racial invisibility trait rooted you in place, fyi.  SMILEY
rvbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:22 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.