EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-06-2007, 09:04 AM   #31
KunamitsuUK

Loremaster

Guy De Alsace wrote:

There were 2 people selling on Oasis when I logged out. Both packs going for 300 plat each.

[Removed for Content] Thats very Optimistic of them - A) LON is that important to someone that they will pay 300P for those Packs

B) Someone who is THAT interested in LON has 300P to shell out.

Broker Greed never fails to amuse me. When Kunark arrives look out for T8 common harvestables going for 1P a shot SMILEY

KunamitsuUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:28 AM   #32
Guy De Alsace

Loremaster

It does concern me that the first thing I thought was "Is that cheaper than farmed plat?" I'm wondering if people will start comparing real world prices with the going rate for bought platinum. I dont know enough to predict what that could do to be honest.

Interesting times.

Guy De Alsace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:48 AM   #33
Ualday

General

Personally, I'd use them if I found them, but if I decided not to I would sell them for around 3-5pp.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:53 AM   #34
dhvyse000

Loremaster

Strums wrote:

I know that LON goes live today...but unfortunately I am stuck at work and unable to test out the drop rate of LON boosters.  Dose anyone know yet what mobs will drop the boosters?  Will it be raid mobs?  Named mobs?  Solo con mobs?

Who cares!  I for one will never touch the game, and will be angry to get drops of cards I can't sell.
dhvyse000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:59 AM   #35
Norrsken

Loremaster

dhvyse000 wrote:
Strums wrote:

I know that LON goes live today...but unfortunately I am stuck at work and unable to test out the drop rate of LON boosters.  Dose anyone know yet what mobs will drop the boosters?  Will it be raid mobs?  Named mobs?  Solo con mobs?

Who cares!  I for one will never touch the game, and will be angry to get drops of cards I can't sell.
Hmm. Methinks you ought to locate your nearest broker and search it for "Legends of Norrath"

Norrsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:11 AM   #36
Kalyai

Lord

I play on an SE server... we already look at how much Plat is worth in RL dollars...

so when I see that someone is trying to sell these card packs for 300 plat or even 25 plat...

on my server, plat averages around $1 - $2 per plat last I checked....

So..  $50 for a pack of cards I can buy for $2.99...

Well...sorry, it doesn't look like the farmers are making any money off of me!! SMILEY

Kalyai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:15 AM   #37
Foolsfolly

Loremaster

My lvl 20 alt is up to about 30 chests now with no booster packs. Either I'm extremely unlucky, or there is a minimum level they forgot to tell us about, or packs only drop in legendary+ chests.
Foolsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:21 AM   #38
Nolrog

Loremaster

Foolsfolly wrote:
My lvl 20 alt is up to about 30 chests now with no booster packs. Either I'm extremely unlucky, or there is a minimum level they forgot to tell us about, or packs only drop in legendary+ chests.
It's about 1 in 300 drop rate.  You still have 270 to go before you'll be unlucky. 
Nolrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:38 AM   #39
Nocifer Deathblade

Loremaster

Nolrog wrote:
Foolsfolly wrote:
It's about 1 in 300 drop rate.  You still have 270 to go before you'll be unlucky. 
If that drop rate is true then it's good to see $3 per booster is well preserved cuz it is "cheaper" to buy boosters with cash than trying for one off mob.. or buy one via broker for lot of plats..

Vampire Cavalier, 80 Armorer, 390Transmuter, 138 AP, 2.3M Guild Status Points

Nocifer Deathblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:39 AM   #40
Treggar
Server: Guk
Guild: Troops of Doom

Loremaster

I dunno, they seem pretty rare to me. I mentored my wifes level 38 character today, killed non heroic blue and green mobs and got her an entire level with no vitality and no questing with no pack drops. Figured it might have had something to do with mentoring so I grouped with her dirge (and me, a zerker) and wiped out single non heroic lvl 65-68 mobs with my aoes for around 3 hours in loping plains... still nothing. SMILEY But when I check the broker, there are several of those gold farmer names with them all up for sale for ~25p so either I'm killing in the wrong places or these guys have been at it all day. I hope they make the packs lore or something because these gold farmers are really gonna profit from it the way they kill groups of mobs in shifts 24/7.
Treggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:46 AM   #41
Nocifer Deathblade

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
But when I check the broker, there are several of those gold farmer names with them all up for sale for ~25p so either I'm killing in the wrong places or these guys have been at it all day. I hope they make the packs lore or something because these gold farmers are really gonna profit from it the way they kill groups of mobs in shifts 24/7.
It's funny cuz SOE already stated strongly about anti-plat farmers for LON. Yet, plat farmers who always farm any green mobs for money 24/7 will greatly benefit from LON packs increasing their revenue potential... They did it opposite way..

Vampire Cavalier, 80 Armorer, 390Transmuter, 138 AP, 2.3M Guild Status Points

Nocifer Deathblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:30 PM   #42
hobi

General

not only booster packs dropping but on the lon forums apparently starter decks are dropping as well now which is when redeemed you get one of the 4 decks randomly and thats 55 cards wonder how much we see thosw going for on the brokers now
Old 09-06-2007, 05:02 PM   #43
Jaxl

Tester

Gnevil wrote:

24p wow thats a great deal, just last week we had a flame war on Butcherblock for selling the stein card for 70p ... by the way confirmed he sold one at that price not sure if he ever got the other sold.

Just fyi .. I blame not the player for this he is just greedy and getting what he can when he can...

I BLAME THE DEVS for allowing these to be traded during the beta to peeps that weren't in the game...

O'rly?  http://www.trollandtoad.com/p79658.htmlWho knows whats in there.. could be 15 Ali Babas!  SMILEY
Jaxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:14 PM   #44
Foolsfolly

Loremaster

I'm pretty sure the 1 in 300 quote was for eq1, in which there are no chests and all loot just drops on corpses.
Foolsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:20 PM   #45
Zela

Loremaster

Wouldn't the best way to "farm" them be to make a wizard, disable combat exp, give them adept 1 of their first nuke and blow up level 1 mobs?  Or can packs not drop in newbie areas?
Zela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:21 PM   #46
Norrsken

Loremaster

Foolsfolly wrote:
I'm pretty sure the 1 in 300 quote was for eq1, in which there are no chests and all loot just drops on corpses.
I think I saw the first 1:300 ratio post before boosters were dropping in eq1... Not sure though.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:27 PM   #47
JamesRay

Loremaster

Heard somebody on LON forums say they got a starter deck off a lvl 7 mob or something real low...so everybody has a fair shake.
JamesRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:12 PM   #48
Mealaan

Loremaster

i got a booster drop last night in castle mistmoore=D - crushbone
Mealaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:36 PM   #49
Vodr

General

Zela wrote:
Wouldn't the best way to "farm" them be to make a wizard, disable combat exp, give them adept 1 of their first nuke and blow up level 1 mobs?  Or can packs not drop in newbie areas?
That doesn't seem to work,  I have been farming for my transmuter and pulled about 50 or so chests last night and not a single drop.  May be disabled on newbie isle to prevent farming due to the super fast re-spawns.
Vodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:37 PM   #50
zimdar

Loremaster

LoN... ability drops... WTG sony here is one more fine example of you you really dont give 2 cp about your game or who plays it.. already pvp isnt about skill.. not for 1 second is it about skill.. its about ganking soloers.. and ganking often.. you wont get rid of titles.. which is the number 1 reason why people run from pvp... now u give people abilities... and no u dont have to buy them.. but it sure helps so now its about he who spends more money will gank better today..

ImO.. this game is on its downfall.. and Sony isnt doing anything at all to help this.. Fix your game before you go off and add bone headed ideas like giving people abilities of any kind if they buy booster packs... and ya go ahead and give you sugar coated answer that any mob can drop this BS... I and lots of my friends are seriously considering leaving this game beacause of this.. FIX YOUR GAME...

Anyone else feel me?   who is happy in pvp about mentoring..? who is happy about pvping anywhere other than t2 which is also almost pointless?   make this game about skill not about anything other than skill.. anyone can run and zone hop to protect their precious title... or camp until some reusable ability comes up.. WHAT A FREAKING RIP OFF!!!

FIX YOUR GAME

zimdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:42 PM   #51
Solaran_X

Loremaster

Considering we can buy the packs from SOE at...what? $2.99/pack? $3.99/pack? These prices are funny...Perhaps it's a new way SOE is combating plat sellers?
Solaran_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:46 PM   #52
Xelphneigh

Loremaster

zimdar wrote:

Anyone else feel me?

FIX YOUR GAME
Somewhat about titles but LoN? No, sorry.. I think your just ranting and using LoN as a platform.
Xelphneigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:01 PM   #53
Zela

Loremaster

I thought the exact same thing Vae, I laughed when I saw the prices people were trying to charge.  When these items are being legitimately sold for 3 dollars outside of the game...you can't have prices that high.  I saw one for sale for 14 plat which was the most reasonable thus far.  Things should settle down soon I would imagine.
Zela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:31 PM   #54
DragonMaster2385

Loremaster

I would not say that this is ruining the game.  I highly doubt people are actually paying 100 plat for a $3 booster pack.  The prices will go down after the sellers realize that no one is buying.  Whenever new items are added to a game, it becomes a seller's market.  After they have been here for a while, it becomes a buyer's market.  Check back in a month and you will see the price drop.  Plat farmers are having fun now, but it won't last.
DragonMaster2385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:51 PM   #55
Tristan3000

Loremaster

Just sold a pack (1x starter deck, 2x booster packs) for 13p on Nagafen, which is a reasonable price according to the G M W O R K E R . C O M conversion SMILEY
Tristan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:54 PM   #56
Nephretiti

Loremaster

I won a booster pack within an hour of it going live off of one of the lvl 10 large cenipede type mobs in the bog off of Starcrest.

I kept it - i friggen love this game!

BTW - I didn't get anything I didn't already have - except for Slippers of Dark Mana....

Nephretiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:10 PM   #57
Strums

Loremaster

zimdar wrote:

LoN... ability drops... WTG sony here is one more fine example of you you really dont give 2 cp about your game or who plays it.. already pvp isnt about skill.. not for 1 second is it about skill.. its about ganking soloers.. and ganking often.. you wont get rid of titles.. which is the number 1 reason why people run from pvp... now u give people abilities... and no u dont have to buy them.. but it sure helps so now its about he who spends more money will gank better today..

ImO.. this game is on its downfall.. and Sony isnt doing anything at all to help this.. Fix your game before you go off and add bone headed ideas like giving people abilities of any kind if they buy booster packs... and ya go ahead and give you sugar coated answer that any mob can drop this BS... I and lots of my friends are seriously considering leaving this game beacause of this.. FIX YOUR GAME...

Anyone else feel me?   who is happy in pvp about mentoring..? who is happy about pvping anywhere other than t2 which is also almost pointless?   make this game about skill not about anything other than skill.. anyone can run and zone hop to protect their precious title... or camp until some reusable ability comes up.. WHAT A FREAKING RIP OFF!!!

FIX YOUR GAME

HOLY NINJAH POST BATMAN!!!!  I think you wanted the pvp boards for this post lulz...

But anywho...I ran through poets, nest, all of the instances in the tower in Mara "for monk pebbles" and then killed another 3 hours or so in LP and still have yet to see a booster.  However, the Nagafen broker is full of these things for 20+ plat.

So they do seem pretty rare, but im sure the prices will lvl out within a week or so.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:30 PM   #58
JamesRay

Loremaster

Somewhat related question:

Do boosters always drop a certain ratio of rares/uncommons/commons? IE 1 rare, 3 uncommons, 11 commons, or something along those lines?

Do starters always drop a certain number of rares, or are all of them a static mirror image of one another?

Can either of these items drop an in-game item, or just boosters?

Old 09-07-2007, 12:32 PM   #59
Norrsken

Loremaster

JamesRay wrote:

Somewhat related question:

Do boosters always drop a certain ratio of rares/uncommons/commons? IE 1 rare, 3 uncommons, 11 commons, or something along those lines?

Do starters always drop a certain number of rares, or are all of them a static mirror image of one another?

Can either of these items drop an in-game item, or just boosters?

yeah, always the same ratios of cards.And only boosters and starters drop in game, not specific cards.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:39 PM   #60
JamesRay

Loremaster

Oops.

OK I guess what I meant to ask is can both booster packs and starter decks contain an in-game redeemable item?

Also, does one "fighter" start deck for example differ at all in the cards it contains from another "fighter" starter deck? IE any randomization?