EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-29-2007, 11:23 AM   #1
Cannon

Loremaster

Shadowknights are using an exploit and it needs to be changed immediately.  The are pharming fame with out any worry of losing fame with this exploit.

1. The shadowknight finds away to dip there health below 50%.

2. They then find a player that will give them fame and HT them.

3. When they are killed they lose no fame or faction as they were below 50% however the gain fame for the person they just killed.

4. The person who is killed loses fame, the people that kill the shadowknight do not get fame or faction.

Evidently not enough people see the issue.  It is not that we can not killed the person it is that they get a cheap fame it if it goes off and kills one person.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:26 AM   #2
Norrsken

Loremaster

Cannon wrote:

Shadowknights are using an exploit and it needs to be changed immediately.  The are pharming fame with out any worry of losing fame with this exploit.

1. The shadowknight finds away to dip there health below 50%.

2. They then find a player that will give them fame and HT them.

3. When they are killed they lose no fame or faction as they were below 50% however the gain fame for the person they just killed.

4. The person who is killed loses fame, the people that kill the shadowknight do not get fame or faction.

This needs to be addressed now!  Freeps beware your cheating days will come to an end.

LONG LIVE ASCENDANCY!

I think the charm sploit that allows people with charm to do the same should be dealth with as well. SMILEYthe trick is reaver btw. and if HT brings them above 50% health, they can lose everything in that fight, so unless they oneshot you or near oneshot you, its not gonna help em much really.

Norrsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:32 AM   #3
Rattfa
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Purity

General

/yawn

Rattface, 80 Fury - Nagafen
Rattfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:32 AM   #4
ThomasGrey

Lord

There is no way to do what you are describing with any consistency in a dynamic pvp situation.  Its a problem with the fame system, yes, but hardly what I term an "SK Exploit".

ThomasGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:45 AM   #5
Cannon

Loremaster

I beg to differ Shadowknights are the only one that can Harm touch and one shot you so it is a dramatic effect. 

As for the charm situation lock your encounter and it wont happen.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:48 AM   #6
Norrsken

Loremaster

Cannon wrote:

I beg to differ Shadowknights are the only one that can Harm touch and one shot you so it is a dramatic effect. 

As for the charm situation lock your encounter and it wont happen.

Im not talkinga bout thatm but rather the sploit where if youc harm someone in a fight that went bad when you are below 50% you wont lose anything  when they kill you.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:57 AM   #7
Uilamin

Loremaster

They should make so them when you start a pvp fight you can always loose infamy and loot, the other person cannot always gain it, but you can always loose it.
Uilamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:01 PM   #8
zero7

Lord

This is very true, i had it happen 1st hand lol.  thank you for bringing it up
zero7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:02 PM   #9
Ohsnapz
Server: Vox
Guild: Ascendancy

Loremaster

Uilamin wrote:
They should make so them when you start a pvp fight you can always loose infamy and loot, the other person cannot always gain it, but you can always loose it.
Kudos that's what my thought was also since they initiated the fight to begin with....

Ohsnapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:08 PM   #10
idropdimes

Loremaster

why does everyone [Removed for Content] about harmtouch? at 27 mine only does 1.1k damage once every 15mins. 

idropdimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:19 PM   #11
Scatimus

Loremaster

Cannon wrote:

This needs to be addressed now!  Freeps beware your cheating days will come to an end.

ohnoz!!!!!!!!!!!  you have caught them.  way to go inspector clouseau you have finally uncovered the underground ring of ht cheaters.  phew, we can all sleep easy now.

there are other classes that do this to gain fame as well. 

next topic please.

Scatimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:21 PM   #12
Wytie

Mouse Betrayer!

This is hardly a HT exploit more of a Reaver exploit, iv seen it but its gota be a major pain to perfect health regen with life total with reaver cost.  If this guy is pulling it off hes working at it. I seen this but do you know how easy it is to jump a sk with half life and kill him before he know your there?  just ask a ranger sure you might not get a thing for it but he still dies........
Old 08-29-2007, 01:31 PM   #13
sokil

Loremaster

Rediculous post. If anyone cannot kill a SK when he is below 50% Health then he deserves to die. And furthermore, HT is not a one shot death. Perhaps this can be done once with someone noob player but in that case the SK would have won anyway.
sokil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:08 PM   #14
ThomasGrey

Lord

sokil wrote:
Rediculous post. If anyone cannot kill a SK when he is below 50% Health then he deserves to die. And furthermore, HT is not a one shot death. Perhaps this can be done once with someone noob player but in that case the SK would have won anyway.
Exactly, if any SK's are running around pvp hotspots at 40'ish % health, they are friggan idiots waiting to get one shot by half the classes in game.  Furthermore, there is nothing SK specific about the fame loss exception for players under 50% health.  Any class could run around at 40% looking for a risk free fight(though health regen kind of makes even that difficult), SK's just happen to be one class that can if played right, end a fight with more health than they began. 
ThomasGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:14 PM   #15
Cannon

Loremaster

I have personally seen some get 1 shoted by a shadowknight HT.  Yeah they can get killed quickly however they DONT LOSE FAME.  And if they HT a clothie or a lower end leather healer the will one shot them.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:05 PM   #16
holypaladin28

General

wow qwizzys used to do it in t7 20 percewnt life and spam fusion on cloud platform until they nerfed fusion
holypaladin28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:25 PM   #17
Norrsken

Loremaster

Cannon wrote:

I have personally seen some get 1 shoted by a shadowknight HT.  Yeah they can get killed quickly however they DONT LOSE FAME.  And if they HT a clothie or a lower end leather healer the will one shot them.

I have seen lots of people get oneshotted by sk HTs, and pretty much all of em were in rubbish gear after t3/4.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:41 AM   #18
Xunen

Loremaster

Ooooooh myyyyy goooood! I cannot stop laughing... Can't write while laughing, wait a minute...

Hahahahahaaa...

Okay, I just wiped the tears out of my eye. Where the hell do you see an exploit at this? The Shadowknight could have also killed the person with 100% health and Harm Touch him. And if a person can't beat a Shadowknight who is below 50%, then he shouldn't deserve his title anyway.

Priceless.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:58 AM   #19
Grimfort

Loremaster

Oooo thanks for the tip, I havent tried this yet......

Nor will I ever, HT is resisted often at T7, it could end pretty bad most of the time imo. Aint exactly an exploit even if you pulled it off, the chance of a single kill every 15 mins aint exactly fulfilling. I have never 1 shotted anything at 70, at lower levels to you, yes theres a freak one or two, but never enough to bother betting a chance on it for real. A heal off a HT is only 1.3k and reaver doesnt bring in half the HP you could have, sooo meh! I'm sure this is only realistic against someone a couple levels below a SK who has just got his HT at M2 (mid 30s lvl, cant remember off top of head). Much to much effort to make it useful tbh.

Grimfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:01 AM   #20
Cannon

Loremaster

I guess most of you are forgetting about how many people lock at a low level and PVP.  Get a 22 shadowknight and have him HT at clothie or a leather healer at a lower level and see if he can wipe them out.  I am betting on it.  I have seen it happen all to often as of late.  And the influx of new SKs is living proof.  It is funny that most of the people that are saying this isn't an exploit are all higher level characters.  It is an exploit look the definition up in the dictionary.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:12 AM   #21
tanis147

Loremaster

Cannon wrote:
I guess most of you are forgetting about how many people lock at a low level and PVP.  Get a 22 shadowknight and have him HT at clothie or a leather healer at a lower level and see if he can wipe them out.  I am betting on it.  I have seen it happen all to often as of late.  And the influx of new SKs is living proof.  It is funny that most of the people that are saying this isn't an exploit are all higher level characters.  It is an exploit look the definition up in the dictionary.
i can see your point there if the people have crap on....but if they are locked at that lvl for PVP then their gear would fix the problem becuase they should be twinked. "an exploit can be defined as a case where a player knowingly uses a flaw in a game to gain an unfair advantage"the only flaw is that you couldn't kill them.
tanis147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:18 AM   #22
Coica

Loremaster

Tony Danza plays EQ2!!!
Old 08-30-2007, 10:39 AM   #23
Grimfort

Loremaster

Cannon wrote:

I did add that as my final point SMILEY.

Its not exactly an advantage to the SK, he still has to beat you, if what you say is true then its just a fame hit, still has no bearing on his/her ability to use "an exploit" to beat you.

Grimfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:47 AM   #24
Wytie

Mouse Betrayer!

This thread does not deliver SMILEY

and you still get faction for killing him.

I saw one doing it once in TT, i was exile so i could hit him, funny part was he screwd up and wasnt in full control of his life, it bounced to 51% then i debuffed and PT'd him, it didnt kill him right away but one other cast did and i LOL for a very long time after that and never saw him again my groupies thought it was rather funny too SMILEY

Old 08-30-2007, 11:53 AM   #25
sprogn

General

I had an SK try and gank me when at 40% health.  I kicked his [Removed for Content].  Then he came back with the same health and tried it again, so I punted him off the cliff.

By the third attempt, my friend was up there on his FP Warden and gave the little SK a nice heal right before we started.

Then I kicked his [Removed for Content] again and took his fame...

Old 08-30-2007, 12:09 PM   #26
Wytie

Mouse Betrayer!

sprognak wrote:

I had an SK try and gank me when at 40% health.  I kicked his [I cannot control my vocabulary].  Then he came back with the same health and tried it again, so I punted him off the cliff.

By the third attempt, my friend was up there on his FP Warden and gave the little SK a nice heal right before we started.

Then I kicked his [I cannot control my vocabulary] again and took his fame...

rofl
Old 08-30-2007, 12:12 PM   #27
Bloodfa
Server: Nagafen

General

Too damned funny .... SMILEY  He must get queasy every time he sees you. SMILEY

Bloodfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:18 PM   #28
Wildfury77

Loremaster

Cannon wrote:

Oh dear!.....Surviving HT has nothing to do with mitigation.

a) Improve your resists----->Disease in this case

b) Improve your hitpoints ----->Adorns,etc

The toons running around with no jewelry and rubbish gear will help a SK reach SLAYER (big deal)

Most toons who are even Hunter or higher tend to understand that gear is important, a decent slayer+ will not get 1-shotted by HT.

So this "exploit" would work for farming idiots (little fame opportunity) which we can all do anyway SMILEY 

Wildfury77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:47 PM   #29
nihilux

Loremaster

I both laughed at & felt sorry for the OP at the same time. To many valid points made already to quote them all, but I am beginning to wonder what really happened when this took place.
nihilux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:58 PM   #30
Strums

Loremaster

zomg...a wizzard was at 40% then killed me...I lost fame.  My group killed him but gained nothing...zomg...a swash was at 40% then killed me...I lost fame.  My group killed him but gained nothing...zomg...a brig was at 40% then killed me...I lost fame.  My group killed him but gained nothing...zomg...a "ANY CLASS" was at 40% then killed me...I lost fame.  My group killed him but gained nothing...

This is not a SK exploit, its a flaw in the fame system.  Any class who could possably kill you while under 50% health could do this.