EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Troubador
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-24-2007, 04:26 PM   #1
Swarws

Champion

I just Started playing Eq2 and i have a 22 Troub.. (Wish they were more like EQ1 bards but whatever) I was wondering what people thought of 2boxing a Fury with the Troub? and if that would work well
Swarws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:33 PM   #2
Strums

Loremaster

My wife plays a fury, and its my favorite duo by far!

We have duoed the following classes

necro / warlock

fury / bruiser

guardian / warlock

fury / troubador

By far the troub & fury are the most fun to play I think.  The troub is fairly decent with crowd control, and can take the damage from most any mob with the fury healing...however, the troub is very hard pressed to hold agro on mobs with all the damage out put from the fury + the hate generated from the heals.

If you get good at it, you can pull it off and will be very happy.

Old 07-24-2007, 05:44 PM   #3
roces9

Loremaster

Swarws, Look at the "Greatful for some advice" thread on this board for information concerning a Troub tanking in a Troub/Warden/Fury trio. Very similar to your situation, could help alot. I'm not a 2 boxer, but from what i've heard, boxing is much easier with a Shamman because of the way that their heals work. Might want to look into that too.

80 Troub of Bristlebane

< Society of Depravity > Kithicor
roces9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:26 PM   #4
Spider

Loremaster

Strums wrote:

My wife plays a fury, and its my favorite duo by far!

We have duoed the following classes

necro / warlock

fury / bruiser

guardian / warlock

fury / troubador

By far the troub & fury are the most fun to play I think.  The troub is fairly decent with crowd control, and can take the damage from most any mob with the fury healing...however, the troub is very hard pressed to hold agro on mobs with all the damage out put from the fury + the hate generated from the heals.

If you get good at it, you can pull it off and will be very happy.

are u using your dehate buff ? u can cast it then self cancel it and it makes a huge difference
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:55 PM   #5
Strums

Loremaster

I have not tryed that, but its a really nice idea, I will have to try that.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:52 PM   #6
Nembutal

Loremaster

That is a decent idea on using the deaggro by self canceling. Troub IMHO though is not a great class to 2 box due to the lack of stances and poisons... 3 box... sure... just /follow and buff... Here is the reason... All tanks are... well... tanks... all scouts EXCEPT bards have stances... so they all make better tanks... Shaman and clerics have the same mitigation and avoidence as us for the most part or better. basically out of all the classes we fall solidly in the bottom third for tanking. All of our buffs are built for a full team of SIX... not 2.... so you take a huge DPS hit there And you can't heal. So out of the 3 main jobs (tank, dps, heal)... in a duo... you suck at all 3. Soooo..... If you are going to box you might want to switch mains. But if you absolutely want to stay as a troub... consider just putting the troub on /follow... a fury doesn't tank... and a troub can't tank... the fury can root/nuke and solo GREAT like that... with the root and snare sticking more often due to dove song... and the increased mana regen and added spell procs etc... I would just occasionally mash a ranged attack on the troub.... let the fury do 90% of the work. Don't believe me? Freethinkers... zerker as my main... 2 toons waiting for rotting set pieces.. Corpuspasm named spawns.. blue ^^^ right near where I stand...  Zerker unavailible... I do NOT tank with the troub... I put him on /follow and root/snare/nuke.... Face it... Troub is a bad duo... no matter who you stick it with... Probably an INQ or a SK... maybe a PAL would work... but 2 boxing 2 melees is rough.... you end up having to use the troub to enhance a great solo class like a fury or necro.... fury being more versatile (teleports) (I say INQ because I am talking AA melee "battle cleric" Inquisitor... so it counts as melee DPS and tank)
Nembutal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 06:21 PM   #7
roces9

Loremaster

Good point Nembutal, but don't cout the Troubies out on Tanking so quickly. Granted you need 50 KoS AAs but it can be done. Sta: 4-4-4 AGI: 4-4-4 Wis: 4-4-8-6-4 Gives you Double attak which give you more DPS when holding a Shield. Sure you lose some DPS but sheilds and the +16(?) sta will help too. Agi gives you +Parry which gives you more survivability and a higher base Agi to boost your Avoidence. Wis line gives you Allegro, DKTM, Selos and now you can use Messenger's Letter as a hate booster if the mob is targeting you. This is all assuming that you don't want to kite. Throw in some tanking gear with healing procs (Imbued stuff) and a Druid for DPS/Healing and it does work pretty well. Throw in any assortments of buffs that you want plus the Alin's Deaggro trick and you've got (some) survivability and hate generation. I don't have experience with it taking more than ^ mobs, but it worked pretty well and I could see me + a Fury taking down a Blue ^^ easy. But, like I said this all requires 50 Kos AAs and I've only done it in T7, or mentoring down, with halfway decent spells/gear and a few pieces that proc heals (Dark Linger ftw!). You could just go straight Sta/Wis if you want to max out your personal/group Double Attack, but I love Bump too much to do that. And +parry is kinda like having an offensive stance on. Is this a good boxer? I wouldn't know. But it does Duo darn well IMO.

80 Troub of Bristlebane

< Society of Depravity > Kithicor
roces9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:51 PM   #8
Spider

Loremaster

pre and post eof i was more than able to tank a rgeat deal of content with a good healer like a fury  or an inquis by my side   mind u  it takes a bit more work but it truely can be done
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:29 PM   #9
Swarws

Champion

So far my Troub and fury 2box combo are level 26.. going well.. specing the troub down Sta to tank and fury down Int works wells.. i can solo green and blue heroics and group very well its nice imo..
Swarws is offline   Reply With Quote