EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Mystic
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-17-2005, 09:20 PM   #1
Viroxi

Nevermind, post withdrawn due to lack of interest.

Message Edited by Viroxian on 04-18-2005 09:09 AM

Old 04-17-2005, 10:59 PM   #2
Purcupile

Loremaster

Computer hic-cupped go on to next message please.

Message Edited by Purcupile on 04-17-2005 12:05 PM

Purcupile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 10:59 PM   #3
Purcupile

Loremaster

Viro

I'm in.

It might be beneficial to the entire community to put an (UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!...BEWARE OF GROUPING WITH MYSTICS!) notice into each classes forum.  Notifying them that grouping with Mystics could be detrimental to their groups health and explaining that one of our most effective weapons has been castrated by DEVS.  Upon correcting this situation by the DEVS the (ALL CLEAR SIGNAL) will be displayed in this forum.

We also should have a smiliar message placed in the "Priest" and "Shamman" forum to alert aspiring Mystics to consider other paths until they receive the (ALL CLEAR SIGNAL).

Purcupile

Message Edited by Purcupile on 04-17-2005 12:03 PM

Purcupile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 06:09 AM   #4
Viroxi

Message Edited by Viroxian on 04-18-2005 09:09 AM

Old 04-18-2005, 07:33 PM   #5
Jerem

Loremaster

I think we should wait and see what the devs have to say. It seems very odd to me that they would nerf us so bad without so much as a screw you. Personally I think that it was a mistake that made it to the live servers before it was intended. I also think that posting on every forum that we suck and not to group with us is a very bad idea. Just my thoughts.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:46 PM   #6
ume

I have a post titled Silent Nerf has Ruined the Mystic class going in the Spells, Abilities, and Combat Arts forum.  Seems the place to be for "omg why did you do this" posts.

Message Edited by umerr on 04-18-2005 08:49 AM

Undefeatable- 70 Bruiser-21 Tailor
Indestructable-33 Fury-42 WoodWorker
Unbreakable-29 Necro-38 Sage
Unbeatable - 14 Assassin-37 Alchemist
Cabb-29 Dirge
ume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 07:52 PM   #7
Loral

General

Posting same thing on multiple boards will also get all thoses threads locked without so much as a "thanks for coming". Faarwolf is good at spotting thoses threads and locking them, thus enforcing the Forums' rules, whatever the noble cause was.

Very bad idea for that part...

Althou I grieve for Mystic (and my wife), I would counsel again to practice patience. It is probably a chunk of the Priest balance that leaked out on Live servers. If it is that much of a downgrade, it means your wards/heals will be just that much more effective to compensate when the full changes are done.

Or it was a test server modification to evaluate the power of the Haze line that accidentally leaked to Live. Maybe.

Old 04-18-2005, 08:07 PM   #8
Viroxi

Well, while you all may bandy about as to whether or not posting on other forums is a good idea, and as to what that message might be, none of you last few folks seem too concerned. As far as an "omg why did you do this" post, not at all what I myself am looking for. If it was an "accident" fine, but I have serious doubts that someone was just "accidentally" messing around with that particular part of the code, for no apparent reason, and mistakenly typed in some lower numbers. For the gentleman whose wife is a mystic, perhaps she hasn't told you, but it would take some pretty massive adjustments on our ward/heals to even bring us up to respectability as healers, nerfing the haze line because they might, in the future, give us something back, is not acceptable to most mystics.

In the end though, one person responded with an idea, however flawed anyone might think it is (I do not, just think the where and what needed tooled abit) so I guess as a class, while we enjoy *$%#&!ing and moaning , our apathy wins out in the end. For some maybe it's just easier to quit, I don't really understand that reasoning, but so be it.

Good luck to all of you, I certainly hope that this "close my eyes and make a wish" approach works. SMILEY

Message Edited by Viroxian on 04-18-2005 09:08 AM

Old 04-18-2005, 08:29 PM   #9
KamidariTuibumbi

Loremaster

I think that even in the best-case scenario, you have to allot more than 22.5 hours to amass an army. SMILEY In any case, I would certainly at least like to see a response from SoE before spamming our plight across every forum here.  I honestly don't know if that violates the rules of this board, but it certainly would on many sites I've visited.  I guess you can argue that waiting for an explanation is too slow of a course of action, but I'd argue that going bonkers before we even know what happened is likewise too fast.
KamidariTuibumbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 08:50 PM   #10
BigRedWo

I am in no way apathetic about our plight, I just feel that with so many posts on the forums about this issue already, it's best to just let the whiners whine, and let the developers do whatever they are going to do about this.  I like my mystic a lot, but this in no way is going to ruin my enjoyment of the game.  I can put him on the back burner and work on my alts, or simply do guild writs and tradeskills.

BigRedWo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 09:39 PM   #11
Loral

General

Viroxian wrote:
 For the gentleman whose wife is a mystic, perhaps she hasn't told you, but it would take some pretty massive adjustments on our ward/heals to even bring us up to respectability as healers, nerfing the haze line because they might, in the future, give us something back, is not acceptable to most mystics.

Gentleman. Wow... I've been called alot of things, but never that particular one. Thanks SMILEY

Worry not, since we duo conjuror and mystic, I had great expectations from LU#7 before they just wrote it off for "combat system changes"... And I feel it when her Haze line fails, and she has trouble chaining wards and heals.

This is also why I am allowing myself to post on Mystic forums. I am as eager as you guys are to see a boost in your healing capabilities. Just as I am dreaming of my DPS adjustment to match Wizards.

Lack of acknoledgement (sic?) from Dev team about this new bug(?) is a bit disheartening thou. And lack of Test Server patch notes too... Doesn't seem like theses "combat system changes" are going well at this point.