EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > General Beta Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-10-2014, 02:28 AM   #1
Naadra

Tech support has told me to post here since their Lvl 1 and 2 techs could not fix the issues.

My ticket number from SOE is 141009-000485

My system is an I5 2530 running windows 7
6 Gig of Ram, and 540M Nvidia card.

I have done a clean install. I get to hit play then my system crashes.

I hope someone here can help SOE?
Naadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:22 AM   #2
Feldon

At the very least, we'll need to know your nVidia card's model name and driver version.

Right-click on the Desktop.
Choose "Screen Resolution".
Click "Advanced Settings".

You should have something like Adapter Type for example "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750Ti".

Click the "Properties" button.
Click the "Driver" tab.
What does its say for "Driver Provider", "Driver Date", "Driver Version"?

For instance if it says Driver Version "9.18.13.4411", you take the last 5 digits which is "344.11". That's your nVidia driver version.
Feldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:55 AM   #3
Naadra

NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
GeForce 344.11 Driver
9/18/14 date released

Thanks for the advice
Old 10-10-2014, 01:31 PM   #4
Feldon

Ok so you're in the same boat I was last week. The GT 540M is a laptop graphics chipset. It's an awesome chipset, but it was introduced in mid-2011. Yet nVidia thinks we should all be running the latest driver from their website (344.11) which runs like crap (or not at all) on cards even 2-3 years old.

So now it's a matter of finding a driver that works well on your card.

Did you go to nvidia.com to get your driver, or is this just the one automatically installed by your computer?
Feldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 05:07 PM   #5
Naadra

Per SOE support, I went to nvidia website and downloaded the lastest driver.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:12 AM   #6
Naadra

Bump. Still cant get in
Old 10-17-2014, 06:06 AM   #7
Blueiris

I have changed all the settings in the game to performance as well as on the NVIDIA Control panel and I still get dropped at the character add window. I have the latest drivers for my video card and my computer is built to take your Beta testing as I have done all of them up to this one. I am getting very frustrated, I have deleted folders and reinstalled, I have tryed everything I could think of possible. I have been trying since the first day all access members were able to get on and still unable to get in the tranquil sea. It really sucks that some of us are not going to be able to get mounts due to our inability to zone in like the rest.
Rampage III GENE MoBo, Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3, 32 bit OS, System RAM 3.1 GB, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Video Memory 1.3 GB, Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP, 32-bit (Service Pack 3)
DirectX version: 9.0
GPU processor: GeForce GTX 260
Driver version: 340.52
DirectX support: 10
CUDA Cores: 216
Core clock: 576 MHz
Shader clock: 1242 MHz
Memory data rate: 2030 MHz
Memory interface: 448-bit
Memory: 896 MB
Memory type: GDDR3
Video BIOS version: 62.00.4C.00.01
IRQ: 24
Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen2
Device Id: 10DE 05E2 82E31043
NvGFTrayPluginr.dll 15.3.33.0 NVIDIA GeForce Experience
NvGFTrayPlugin.dll 15.3.33.0 NVIDIA GeForce Experience
NVCPL.DLL 6.14.13.4052 NVIDIA Windows Display driver, Version 340.52
Blueiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:55 AM   #8
Blueiris

At the rate this is going I don't know if I want to buy the xpac. If I can't get in the Beta whats to say I can get in the new zone if I buy the Xpac too.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:56 AM   #9
Naadra

NOTE: If EQ2 Beta crashes immediately after launching, go to your main EQ2 directory and copy the D3DCompiler_43.dll and D3DX9_43.dll files to your BetaServer folder.

This fixed my issue. Mine were not called exactly this but you should find three files really similar. Move them to the beta folder. All fixed.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:31 AM   #10
Blueiris

I have copied and moved and downloaded anything possible, I have read and tried everything in all of these posts even yours. Its really hair tearing out to me at this point, I just don't get it and I am no computer dummy at all.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:38 PM   #11
Elfrina

I'm getting EQ2 Client Application has stopped working. Can not open the game in Beta
Elfrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:24 PM   #12
Cefur

Where are you all on resolving these crashing issues while adding characters to zone? Any communication would be nice.
Cefur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:44 PM   #13
Anghammarad

So I know all of you are frustrated due to the crashing issues etc...

There are some things that I can say for sure, do have a stability impact.

1. a 32 Bit OS like Win XP, Vista32, Win 7 32bit with more than 2 gig ram installed. This keeps the client crashing/hanging every now and then, if population or items (like a full GH) are too many.

2. Like many threads here, ATI/AMD gfx engines have issues

3. Onboard GFX isn't officially supportet afaik.

4. Saying "WAH AM CRASHING HLEP!!!! DAMN YOU SOE!!!" isn't helping as long as you don't provide information about your system.

Information needed to begin with:

CPU: AMD/INTEL type
RAM: amount 2 gig, 4, gig, lots gig
GFX Card: Nvidia/ATI-AMD type, if possible gfx memory
Sound: onboard/soundcard

further stuff:
Driver version information... installed antivirus, antimalware stuff or tweaking tools, etc...

----------------------8< snipp ----------------------------

My specs for example:

CPU: Intel Core I5 3570k non overclocked (till now)
Ram: 8 gig
GFX Card: GForce 560 GTX with 1 gig gfx ram. Driver version 344.11. 337.88 did produce some glitches in this game version on the starter isle.
Sound: Onboard Realtek HD

EQII is installed onto a own "games" partition on a second harddrive, not on the one the systems is installed on.

No Issues regarding crashes. But since yesterdays patch kind of rubberband moving/flying with 50+ FPS.

----------------------8< snapp ----------------------------

Believe me, this kind of information is really helpfull for the DEVs ironing out this issues.

And if you or you or someone else (not naming someone directly) aren't helping resolving the issues due to providing information, you are not entitled to cry about crashes you have.

Cheers
Ang
Anghammarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:23 PM   #14
Anghammarad

If everybody opens up an own thread... yes this might help... like in most message boards... 300 people have the same problem, and... each and everyone opens up a thread instead of cumulating them into one.

really helpfull... sheesh...
Old 10-18-2014, 02:47 AM   #15
Naramsin

It also doesn't help to belittle the problems of others, then turn around and talk down to them, so let's try to keep things civil. If you have nothing constructive to say, then please hold your peace.
Naramsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 08:28 AM   #16
Blueiris

I gave all that info on another link FYI, its still the same thing and nothing has changed. I still think its bs that we can't get in to the beta and we have no choice to try for any rewards and this is not on our end at all.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:49 PM   #17
Anghammarad

When you go down a little further, there is constructive work.

When you go to a doctor because you hurt or are sick, you don't go there and say only ouch! fix me! you tell him what's wrong, where it hurts, which effects you get while doing x/y. You give him information.

It's common sense, or was, to give information when you need help.

Like the Dev told us in one of the other threads... many got broken files. and nearly second is the memory issue and 32 bit operating system. The second issue I know about for over a year, due to hvaing had the same. It got worse with the new zones. how to help onself is written in the same post. It's no guarantee it'll work, and they know they need to tweak and fix stuff...

Solutions given for the broken file:

delete the BetaServer folder and create it anew and do full patching.

Solution to the memory issue:

Get more ram, a 64 Bit os, or try the few lines :

Old 10-18-2014, 02:00 PM   #18
Hijinx

Sorry, I started a new thread earlier. I'll post my info here as well:

CPU: i7-4710HQ 2.5 GHz
RAM: 8 GB DDR3.
GFX Card: NVidia GTX 850 driver 340.52
Sound: onboard
Hijinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 02:12 PM   #19
Naramsin

This I understand, and acknowledge as being constructive as was most of you post. It is your fourth point though that is nonconstructive:
Though perhaps unintended, the first half of that comment could be misconstrued as you making light of someone else's problems.

The difference is that said doctor recognizes that it is not constructive to make light of a problem a patient is having just because said patient did not describe the problem as thoroughly as he would have liked it to have been described. Instead, said doctor proceeds to coax the information out with such questions as "Where does it hurt?"

So in a nutshell, your fourth point could've been stated more diplomatically.
Naramsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 02:58 PM   #20
Sisca

You're running a 32 bit operating system that is no longer even supported by the manufacturer. You're running only 3GB of RAM, which makes sense since that's about all your OS can address. You're running what would have been a high end video card 6 years ago but is considered at best entry level today.

The very first thing I'd do if I were you is upgrade my OS to a 64 bit OS and toss in at least 5 GB more ram to bring it to 8. It's pretty well known that 32 bit OS's are going to have issues with this expansion. There is so much going on in these zones that you really need to be able to load a lot more into memory than you did even in Vesspyr. This is the price we pay for even more amazing looking zones with each expansion. Since Microsoft is no longer even supporting XP it really is time to move away from that anyway.

If you upgrade your OS and add more RAM you video card is probably going to be fine though you're going to have to turn some settings down - I'd set my system to Very High Performance before even attempting to zone into the new zones anyway.

I know it's probably not what you want to hear but you really can't expect shiney new content to work on what is effectively a 13 year old system because of the OS your running. It's crippling what could be a decent computer.
Sisca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:12 PM   #21
Blueiris

I turned down my settings till my characters looked like they were something out of mine craft, all blocky. Its not just me and my system, its others as well with upper end systems. Its on the development end and they have already said that so no matter what we try on our side if the programmer's don't have it set up right its not going to work. Just keep in mind its a lot of people with a lot of different machines.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:48 PM   #22
Maevianiu

Developer

We are working on the crashes when zoning into the new zones. The new zones currently take a lot more memory to load than old zones do. And we are trying to fix that.

Right now, people running on 32bit operating systems are going to be hit the hardest, newer ones like vista, or Windows 7 32bit are the hardest hit.

Sorry for the delay. We hope to have a new beta client out soon that will help.
Maevianiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:28 PM   #23
Hijinx

My crash doesn't happen in new zones - I can't even get to the character select screen! And I am not running a 32 bit operating system and I have 8 GB ram,
Old 10-18-2014, 11:21 PM   #24
Merriel

I can load into the new zones, but the first time in, it crashes while loading in...or at least goes back to character select screen. Once I have managed to load into the new zone, I don't crash anymore when I load into the zone again.

I'm using Windows 7 64bit OS with 8gb RAM, Intel i7-2600 cpu @3.40ghz, AMD Radeon HD 6800 series graphics, and AMD High Def Audio, though I play with my sound off.

Wish there was a box in Options in the game to disable sound, because I really don't use the sound at all. I have volume on all sliders turned all the way down.
Merriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 11:30 PM   #25
Blueiris

Oh I haven't thought of trying the sounds as an option, good idea. I am going to turn them all down and try again, thanks for the idea.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:29 AM   #26
Blueiris

Well it didn't work so I am deleting and reinstalling the beta again to see if something is corrupt.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:08 AM   #27
Maevianiu

Developer

Oh that is some separate issue. Our current new zone one is specific to zoning into new zones and being able to load into character select. You are likely to have some other issue. Are you getting some sort of error when trying to start the game?
Maevianiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:24 AM   #28
Hijinx

No, it just crashes after I hit play. I've deleted and re-downloaded completely. In fact, I just did it again when AB went down. I still crash before I get anywhere.
Old 10-19-2014, 03:47 PM   #29
Cefur

Kudos on taking the time to look at all the threads on this issue and relaying feedback.
Cefur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:18 PM   #30
ladyj

i can get to char select but crashes when trying to add char to zone then it just says EQ client stopped working. does this help you at all?
ladyj is offline   Reply With Quote