EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Class Discussion (AoM Beta) > Scouts
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-26-2014, 01:24 PM   #1
Nezette

Also, since our starter prestige is a mobility song and we already have Deadly Dance... does this mean you're going to stop giving mages/healers crutch cast-on-the-move buffs? If not, that's a shame.
Nezette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 02:21 PM   #2
Meshuggahx

Less of an issue from troubs, but dirge aggro is terrible atm.. our paladin nowadays doesn't even bother put amends on someone else because dirge auto hits so hard.
Meshuggahx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 02:58 PM   #3
Laita

Get a better tank!! BigGrin
Laita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 03:09 PM   #4
Meshuggahx

There's nothing wrong with that tank Tongue just dirges needs some better deaggro since dov pretty much.
Meshuggahx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 04:45 PM   #5
Avithax

The Dirge sniveling just isn't going to stop until everything in the game is a 1 shot for them. Troubs have gotten the short stick on dps since DoV and now that Dirges are so insanely OP they want to complain about having to watch their agro?

QFE
Avithax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 07:42 PM   #6
NadikOne

So what do dirges get troubs dont? Last time I looked troubs should poop on any dirge at this point of the game.

Also if its about the myth buff okay I get it, but TBH if I didnt have it I wouldnt miss the flurry. I'm already reforging out of attack speed to knock that crap down under 100%
NadikOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 07:44 PM   #7
NadikOne

It can be a problem in raids as well.
NadikOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:01 PM   #8
Nezette

Hi,

If you're going to insist that our auto attack making up 60-85% of our outgoing damage is okay, can you give us more deaggro options?

This is a HUGE problem in heroic content.

I can't hit less buttons... my buttons aren't what's causing me to rip aggro. If anything, I need to hit more buttons to lock up my auto from going off... And, call me crazy, but hitting F1 after every swing seems like a horrible way to play the game. Evasive Maneuvers isn't enough-- I hit it, go down to 89%, auto, tanking again.

This is even more pertinent since you're making riposte own non-tanks in the face (In raids-- I rip aggro sometimes on add sets, so this ought to be funzies!).

I basically tanked some zone (Hoist the Yellow Jack?) earlier because... well... this is how it is.

(SIDE NOTE: you might want to up the mob's outgoing damage-- not the aes-- in that zone. I barely took much of a hit.)
Old 10-27-2014, 08:55 AM   #9
Nezette

To those suggesting, "get better tanks," I'll be sure to pass along your sentiments.

I'm fairly certain you've missed the boat... especially since this isn't a dirge-only post. My troubfriend rips aggro in raid more than I do. This is more of an addendum to my scout balance post because I had hella aggro issues on my brig as well (not because of buttons clicked but from inflated auto), but at least on that class I had several aggro options so it was manageable. Bards? We're sitting ducks.

Overall, I find it's less of an issue in raids due to 1) multiple fighters, 2) cycling AVs/Shouts, 3) running around doing scripty stuff-- but as Nadik mentions, sometimes, it's still an issue. Please don't tell me I need to start forming perfect heroic groups of double bards, 2 fighters, a coercer and a healer... please.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:05 AM   #10
Amfish

Agro is an issue. Partly it is something to do with the tanks in some ways. A certain Splitpaw monk can quite easily hold agro from me, with no issues what so ever. other tanks (pugs, etc) not so much, i have to hold off doing anything at the start of fights or risk going splat on the floor. Evade is being used as soon as it is up because of the damage part of it is nice, but when you're at 100% threat, it only bumps you down to like 89, like nezette said, then boom, back to 100%. i don't like having to ask for peaceful link, doesn't feel right that a bard should need it, imo.
Amfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:26 PM   #11
Anghammarad

Yes the, what I know due to own pain, Dirge pulling aggro has gotten really bad a few weeks ago. First I thought they messed up the aggro gain on tanks, in my case mouzerkers again, but they didn't... one of our Furballmonks had the same problems in raid.

When thinking about one of our dirges, being one of the top DPSers as well in our raid parses, if she doesn't need to pick up deads all the time... doing sometime way more dps than my ranger.

While running an AS mouzerker and dirge, I can keep every taunt/+aggro on cooldown, but lose the trash or boss as well. While raiding it looks a lot better, due to getting pimpbuffed Tongue But in heroics and duos, yes some highend dirges really got problems regarding their aggromanagement. The dirge I'm talking about parses between 2-5+ mil dps in raids... depending on the encounter.
Anghammarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 07:21 AM   #12
Nezette

With a link, it's not usually too bad, and generally there are enough links to go around in raid. But, without it? Game over. There's literally nothing we can do about it beyond spamming F1.

Like, I don't think asking for more hate positionals is a crazy request. I'm not asking to be buffed/boosted/god-mode. Like, if it were me, I'd attach it to bump so my troub friends can equally benefit. Plus, it kind of makes sense that an ability throwing you into stealth would decrease your enemy's awareness of you! Sure, it's on a short recast, but... question: a bajillion years ago when you were sitting down and developing the different classes, did you think, "yeah, those bards... they're going to really have to be weary of ripping aggro!" Somehow, and I could be wrong, I doubt that was ever the intention.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:02 AM   #13
Nezette

Dev friends,

Please come up with something. My PuGfriends echo my plea... I wiped us a few times from ripping aggro-- frontals pew pewing the group. If it helps, I'll make a video to post and show you I'm not doing anything crazy... It's literally: tank pulls, I run in and begin throwing on debuffs, hit Rhythm Blade when in range, finish the debuffs, 2nd auto -- ** TANKING TANKING TANKING**, tank blows [rescue], Evasive, Threat pops down to 30, hit buttons that deal 3k dps and auto... each auto popping threat from 30 to 50, to 76, to 89, *TANKING TANKING TANKING.** (It's at this moment that my fellow bard friends are nodding their head, having experienced this exact rotation many many MANY times...) Then we veil, and look longingly at Evasive... hoping the tank gets aggro again... he does! Huzzah! 89% Hate... auto... **TANKING TANKING TANKING** ... F.M.L... o_O

Tanks get frustrated... Healers send me tells saying, "Okay, I'm focusing heals through you..." I'm frustrated, because... scout and... yeah... I'm not going to sit around waiting to fill groups with double bards, coercers, multiple tanks... like, it's just ridiculous that that's what is needed.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:29 PM   #14
Buffrat

Knowing you were about to rip aggro after you saw your myth proc was the best part of pre-nerf mythical.
Buffrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 10:58 PM   #15
Noobtroub

this has nothing to do with the Dirge myth buff........ have tested it with guildies by turning off dirge myth buff it is to do with the new crits auto attack just hits too hard for tanks with little hate to deal with..... also the brig in grp was ripping, the moment we got a coercer in aggro was better, for someone to say we can run AoM without chanters needs to go out more, i can give 2 options to this aggro issue towards tanks that cant always get a spot on setup
1. Give tanks better hate gain
2. change dirges hate buff to a trasfur (tho i can see this never happening)
Noobtroub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 12:25 AM   #16
Mogrim

Bard resist songs should do more. Or no longer take up a concentration slot. Or both.
Mogrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:49 AM   #17
Nezette

Xelgad, I still need an AE deaggro. Please. Even if only temporarily until you adjust CA/auto values. Like, I don't even know what to say when Darkonx tells me to watch my aggro or to deaggro... I think he says it just to make me QQ now... and I deliver, with much much QQing. Atunnx at least gets a chuckle when he rips and dies... I am jelly.

These should not be #bardproblems...
Old 11-10-2014, 02:26 PM   #18
Bloodguts

Veil of Notes more so you can tank.
Bloodguts is offline   Reply With Quote