EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-13-2011, 05:03 AM   #1
Vaylan77

Loremaster

Lately I see it more often that ppl stay out of combat although the rest of the team/raid is in combat to be able to rezz people or evac people without being affected by aoes, or attacks. If one attacks someone standing next to the x3 group that fights another x3 group they just jump with their stupid leaper a little away and back into the fight afterwards while having out of combat power and health regenation. And your team doesn't focus on out of combat players either cause due to the fact that they stay out of combat you normally need lots of people to kill them and keep them from running with max out of combat speed away. And while you are actually fighting you rather hit in combat players.We see this lately with evacing very often so ppl just cycle their scouts to stay out of combat so they permanently have evacs up (I often see that with ppl having titles - when it gets rough and they might get killed the buddy who is out of combat just evacs them). Also yesterday this was done excessively with rezzing so the other raid constantly had the players alive again while our healers of course were in combat and had all the downsides from being targeted to having slow speed and low regeneration.And since out of combat players still get kill credits for basically not fighting this situation will not change.Personally I think it is totally wrong to always have the chance to run away (unless the other team has the right setup with mezzers, rooters, high and fast DPS etc.) and stay out of combat on a PVP server. Seeing single players running through 40 ppl that are hitting a tower and still manage to leap away is no PVP. Having more players on the warfield but not being able to kill the small group of 3 players jumping from the mountain ontop of the tower roof and back again is no PVP. Hitting a single player with a x2 that just sits there until he is red and then hits evac button is also no PVP.As long as the attacked player can decide if he wants to PVP the PVP server is just a big joke. I remember back in the old days the thrill it was to go harvesting because suddenly you were jumped from behind and then you had to fight. I personally vote for a 30% (even higher) chance to be pulled into combat when you get hit through a hostile action. For example nowadays I will basically get grounded with just one hit on my flying mount, then I have slow mount speed on ground and am like 20 seconds locked onto the ground. Why not have something in place for out of combat in total? Yeah I know the answers "Oh I don't want to get griefed while questing...", "People will spawn certain quest mobs and we will never be able to complete our quests again...", "I have to decide on my own if I want to PVP and when..." - well maybe those players then just start to decide not to run alone into a x3 and spam the chat with "Haha you need a x3 for 6 players in zone" if they don't want to PVP...I want to have the hard mode PVP back again. This whimpy PVP we have nowadays which is made easier with every expansion just kills the fun for me. The PVP is downgraded continually so that the last n00b that has never played an MMO before and just jumped 5 days ago into this game still is able to PVP against players that played this game for 6 years and are geared and mastered/AAed to the core...

Vaylan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:14 AM   #2

Loremaster

1. i agree with you in regards to all this evac. i dont like it on any side. i always try to make sure that my pvp grp wont evac, no matter if we are outnumbered (but since i am on q side this does not happen very often, so its easier for me to talk like this).

2. rezzing is another topic. i was part of that huge pvp fight, but we did not have any outsider rezzers. its not necessary: my warden has an auto-self-rezz and with a cleric in grp we had instant incombat grp rezz along with all the usual incombat rezz options. so you dont need to leave anyone out of combat to rezz excessively. all this rezzing is too much for my taste, wish there was some kind of rezz timer or any other limiting factor...

balancer / exquisitor (purity)

29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:43 PM   #3
Ssue
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Replaced

Loremaster

In a perfect world you’d get everything you wanted, fortunately it is not perfect, and none of gets everything we want.  And since I am on the side that is frequently out number it is nice to have the option to “Get out of Dodge” if it looks bad.

Now if we had a healthy PvP population with many active PvP’ers, and we really had to hunt for it like in the old days, then I would agree completely with you.  But with a declining population carrots were needed to get people out to PvP.  And human nature being what it is, we look for the easy path to get what we want quickly.  Over populating one faction ensures a win in the WF, free tokens and faction for all.  You don’t even need to take a risk, just get flagged and hover out of reach.

Before we go removing people’s options we need to give them incentives to be out in the open world, (topic for another thread).   Then when the population is spread out and numerous you can then take away combat avoidance tactics.  ATM if you start taking these things away, the limited Freeport that do come out for a WF may just stop.  Then you won’t have anyone to fight, and then evac and rezzing will be the least of the problems.  

Old 08-13-2011, 03:37 PM   #4
Balrok

Loremaster

Evac is and will always be lame.

That said... the current evac that drags people in combat with is just one part of an amazingly awesome event.  An event so special that you have to see it to believe and will remember when and where you were when it occurs.

Olihin

Balrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:14 AM   #5
Kimber
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Rapture

Loremaster

Couple things will fix this. 

1)  If one person in the group enters combat the whole group is in combat.

2)  No joining groups while in PvP combat

3) Mount speed set back to prebuff speeds

4) Leapers and Gliders keep current ground speeds and loose half thier flying speeds ( they would only fly at 100%  speed )

This would fix allot of the problems not all but quite a few of them. 

Guild Sickpuppies
Kimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:07 PM   #6
sargonnath

Loremaster

The only rule I would like to see applied would be this one:

Whenever you are attacking or attacked, you enter combat mode. This would avoid runners and would make PvP more interesting.

Regards,

Sargonnath.

sargonnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:46 PM   #7
Silverzx

Loremaster

sargonnath wrote:

The only rule I would like to see applied would be this one:

Whenever you are attacking or attacked, you enter combat mode. This would avoid runners and would make PvP more interesting.

Regards,

Sargonnath.

totally agree with this one.  people are going to complain that forcing a player to pvp on a pvp server is bad.  even bgs have this mechanic going.  is bgs more hardcore then a pvp server? lol

Silverzx is offline   Reply With Quote