EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2011, 03:29 PM   #31
Seliri

Lord
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 335
Default

The current system shows who is successful at surviving & killing in solo/duo PvP.

Which seems to be the underlying want of many who decry "zerg" PvP.

Alt farmers are easily outed, as the same accounts go to the same areas & provide little or no resistance on a cyclical/scheduled basis.

What I'm seeing are jaded responses from players too apathetic or incompetent to obtain a PvP rank beyond Hunter.

__________________
|-| EverQuest Next Principles to Abide by (30) |-| True Ks: 40.2K Ds: 3.6K Ratio:11:1 |-| |-| PvP Briefing 101 (Outdated) |-| 45 Points of Awesome-o for PvP! |-|Â*

Seliri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:50 PM   #32
Crismorn

Loremaster
Crismorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,840
Default

Alt farming is not cut and dry, there are players who have farmed friends alts and vice versa, some players like you go well out of their way to gather fame regardless of the fact that it was never earned.

My point is simple, until titles can properly display that the person who has the title is actually good at this game that it is a broken system because it rewards players who avoid pvp/farm alts/etc.

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:00 PM   #33
Cloakentuna

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 853
Default

Crismorn wrote:

My point is simple, until titles can properly display that the person who has the title is actually good at this game that it is a broken system because it rewards players who avoid pvp/farm alts/etc.

This, but it will never happen because somebody will always find a way to exploit it or be a complete bit ch about not losing fame.

Cloakentuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #34
threat111

Loremaster
threat111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 391
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Crismorn wrote:

My point is simple, until titles can properly display that the person who has the title is actually good at this game that it is a broken system because it rewards players who avoid pvp/farm alts/etc.

This, but it will never happen because somebody will always find a way to exploit it or be a complete bit ch about not losing fame.

People like that certain warlock that would drowned himself, or the ranger that never ever engaged unless a win was 100% certain.  Then there are people like that redneck brigand and rent-a-cop brawler that will look for every and any exploit possible and use them in every single situation.

Unfortunately thats what PVP is, was, and will always be.

__________________
The above post is most likely cynical, sarcastic, offensive, rude, unnecessary, and informative. I apologize for any information gained from said post. It was meant purely to be cynical, sarcastic, offensive, rude, and unnecessary.
threat111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:31 PM   #35
Crismorn

Loremaster
Crismorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,840
Default

I wish SoE was tough at the start and just banned people who exploit

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:58 PM   #36
dellaripa

Loremaster
dellaripa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 195
Default

Or you could just ignore fame altogether and just pvp for the fun of it. 

I mean seriously, all this fuss over something that's 100% meaningless?

dellaripa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:47 PM   #37
Cloakentuna

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 853
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Or you could just ignore fame altogether and just pvp for the fun of it. 

I mean seriously, all this fuss over something that's 100% meaningless?

Sadly this mentality only exists in a very small percentage of the population left on this server.  Everybody else has to have that reward which leads to the zerging, fame whoring, and other BS that comes about because of it.

Cloakentuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:35 PM   #38
Kimber
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Rapture
Rank: Ni4Ni CEO Alts

Loremaster
Kimber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 721
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Or you could just ignore fame altogether and just pvp for the fun of it. 

I mean seriously, all this fuss over something that's 100% meaningless?

Sadly this mentality only exists in a very small percentage of the population left on this server.  Everybody else has to have that reward which leads to the zerging, fame whoring, and other BS that comes about because of it.

This ^

Very well put Insurgent and Froggleg.  Might be why I have not bothered to worry about getting a title so far this exp.  I am having fun though.  Had a nice fight with Crocker out in KP on the side of the mountain up twords TG untill someone else showed up and started helpiing him.  Was still good though just not as evenly matched.  Someone else would have ran off or evaced I stuck with it though made em work for it.

__________________
Server Nagafen

Guild Sickpuppies
Kimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:04 PM   #39
Silverzx

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 282
Default

Seliri wrote:

Im still thinkin...

· 1.) Choice of PvE item granted & made PvP (custom item name)

· 2.) Choice of item having class restrictions removed (custom item name)

· 3.) Choice of mount granted & given PvP on top of its normal PvE mods (custom mount name)

· 4.) Choice of account amnesty (perma-ban lifting)

· 5.) Custom appearance gear texture & particle effect (custom item names)

· 6.) Custom mount appearance texture & particle effect (custom item names)

· 7.) Custom title

· 8.) 1 wish to...:

a. restore writ givers to overland only

b. provide contested versions of at least The Shadow Odyssey & Sentinel's Fate instances scaled to 90 (with named having a chance to drop "Discord +300 faction + 10 token bundles" for 1 to loot)

c. remove instance zonewide entry

d. reduce zoning/evac/respawn immunity to 30 seconds

e. merge PvP/PvE critical mitigation/critical bonus/potency/multi-attack, with "In PvP" versions of PvE gear made less effective, but still competent, compared to Destiny of Velious Faction PvP gear

f. revert to the classic fame system that allowed for off-the-record engagements (people like to die & gank, thus, barely anyone is upping PvP ranks with this mistakenly revised system -- it's also easymode, progressed by repeatedly blending paper bag nubs)

g. battlegrounds allowed on ONLY Tuesday & Wednesday

h. level locking reinstated at level 10 w/ CARNAGE FLAG CHANGES UNDONE in lowbie zones

i. remove: ward procs, reflect procs, Toughness, & critical mitigation from ALL PvP GEAR below level 80 

·  1 - 3 combinations of the above

n_n

SOE can track kills & connections with high ranked players, to monitor whether there's been any organized efforts to consistently allow for PvP rank XP banking upon a certain character.

Just sayin', in regard to Toxicz' potential haterade!

I heard Catflap/Mesiya saw a Slayer/Hunter in North Freeport over a week or so ago, which nobody really ever heard of before, nor saw in the open world PvPing.

Cases like these are worthy of investigation.

you should not be rewarded for cowardice.  'nuff said

Silverzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:21 AM   #40
Seliri

Lord
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 335
Default

Crismorn wrote:

Alt farming is not cut and dry, there are players who have farmed friends alts and vice versa, some players like you go well out of their way to gather fame regardless of the fact that it was never earned.

My point is simple, until titles can properly display that the person who has the title is actually good at this game that it is a broken system because it rewards players who avoid pvp/farm alts/etc.

On a horse there I see wee holmezie.

I "go out of my way to gather fame regardless of that fact that it was never earned"?

Where exactly do you get some grossly mistaken hyperbole & attempt to pass it off as rational or sensible in any way?

If you kill players, you get fame, there's not much behind earning it.

I'm supposed to play like you or others & focus on making a stacked group?

Not really interesting to me, I prefer solo/duo PvP.

The point that many have seemingly had trouble understanding is that there needs to be progression once players are equipped.

Without valuable, visible progression, PvP will stagnate like it did before DoV PvP gear was released, both in open world & battlegrounds.

Instead, what we've mostly seen here are posters with shallow vendettas, ignoring the underlying fact that people aren't just going to continue to PvP forever with no incentive, as history has shown before warfields & after fame decay.

Many here that I've seen post just don't PvP that frequently or are commonly known to only venture out with a group.

If you're too apathetic or conflicted to obtain a PvP rank, why try to detract from those who are willing to pursue a healthy competition when valuable rewards will only promote PvP?

If you think all players who have PvP ranks do is evacuate & hide from PvP, maybe you should stop loitering with a gank force & attempt being competitive while soloing or duoing.

A decent number have been obtaining PvP ranks, & most of those posting here aren't them.

I've been updating that list within the 30th post of the "New fame system is a joke" thread made by "Twelve".

__________________
|-| EverQuest Next Principles to Abide by (30) |-| True Ks: 40.2K Ds: 3.6K Ratio:11:1 |-| |-| PvP Briefing 101 (Outdated) |-| 45 Points of Awesome-o for PvP! |-|Â*

Seliri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:06 AM   #41
Kimber
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Rapture
Rank: Ni4Ni CEO Alts

Loremaster
Kimber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 721
Default

What the above poster does not comprehend is something very simple..............

Not everyone plays the game the same way........

This being said those of us who are not out farming alts, exploiting or other unsavory activities to earn said fame and keep it are hear to PvP for just that reason.  We dont need a title to know if we are any good.  Those of us that are arguing with you about the reward list that you put up are saying no you dont need/deserve said rewards untill the fame system is set properly so that you cannot farm alts or exploit to get fame.  We are also for the most part the people in the game that go out looking for PvP be it solo in a duo or even a group.  We were out doing it in SF and for a short time after the DoV release.  The reason for the drop in PvP after the DoV realease had nothing to do with fame as you would like people to believe it had to do with the serious imbalance that occured due to poor itemization, stat inflation and the fact that the PvP gear came out late as hell.  If the PvP gear would have been released same time as the exp it would have not dropped off.

If you need a reward other than tokens and a title to go out and PvP you have issues that you may wish to seek some assistance with.  If you cannot enjoy PvP for the joy of winning that hard fight or getting stomped and going back out and trying to find a diff way to win that fight and then winning it you have some entitlement issues that you may wish to seek help for. 

The bottem line here is fame is a joke it really is.  There are so many ways that you can get around actually having to work for it.  You yourself have mentioned people that you say farmed alts/expoited for thier fame and threw them under the bus for it.  All those of us here are saying other than there should be no rewards for PvP other than tokens/status and fame.  Is

Pot meet Kettle

__________________
Server Nagafen

Guild Sickpuppies
Kimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:14 AM   #42
Crismorn

Loremaster
Crismorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,840
Default

idc what it says above the target I'm currently tabbed too, I just dont want to see unique "or even current" rewards given to players who actively exploited their title.

Keep w/e it says beside your name and nothing more.

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:04 AM   #43
Seliri

Lord
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 335
Default

Welp, as a final word on this matter I just wanted to mention that people aren't participating as actively as they might be in the PvP rank system because they perceive PvP ranks to be meaningless.

Though there have been 69+ PvP ranked 90s, not having any visible, valuable seasonal rewards has undermined players having a solo/duo focus.

As of now, they still remain concentrated in group PvP efforts, predominantly nullifying most all PvP rank XP gain.

__________________
|-| EverQuest Next Principles to Abide by (30) |-| True Ks: 40.2K Ds: 3.6K Ratio:11:1 |-| |-| PvP Briefing 101 (Outdated) |-| 45 Points of Awesome-o for PvP! |-|Â*

Seliri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:01 AM   #44
Crismorn

Loremaster
Crismorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,840
Default

Crismorn wrote:

idc what it says above the target I'm currently tabbed too, I just dont want to see unique "or even current" rewards given to players who actively exploited their title.

Keep w/e it says beside your name and nothing more.

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:58 AM   #45
EndevorX

Loremaster
EndevorX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 722
Default

What is the word on this matter?

What happened to a leaderboard being made?

__________________
|-| EverQuest Next Principles to Abide by (30) |-| True Ks: 40.2K Ds: 3.6K Ratio:11:1 |-| |-| PvP Briefing 101 (Outdated) |-| 45 Points of Awesome-o for PvP! |-|Â*

EndevorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:01 AM   #46
Kimber
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Rapture
Rank: Ni4Ni CEO Alts

Loremaster
Kimber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 721
Default

Needs to be a no necro post rule here too

Anyway nothing its been totaly /ignored 

Much to my amusment and satisfaction

/thread

__________________
Server Nagafen

Guild Sickpuppies
Kimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:21 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.