EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-24-2011, 09:49 AM   #1
Aad

General

Superior Rune of Blasting adorns are extremely overpowered and need to be fixed. It accounts for far too much DPS for any class in PvP. 3 Superior Rune of Blasting adornments on your Primary/Secondary/Ranged and you can be guaranteed to have a huge advantage over others without them. It looks to be hitting for the PvE amount in PvP combat. Here are some samples of overall damage of the Blasting adornment from ACT:

Accounts for 24% of this player's damage during 6:26 fight

Accounts for 20% of this player's damage during 3:25 fight

Accounts for 42% of this player's damage during 6:26 fight

These parses are of 3 different players (and classes) all using the Superior Rune of Blasting.

This adornment needs to be brought down to PvP levels because as it stands right now the damage output is that of PvE.

Aad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:33 AM   #2
Silverzx

Loremaster

this is definitely not something i or hopefully anyone would consider to be an exploit

Silverzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:34 AM   #3
Lempo

Loremaster

It might be a bug, but it is clearly in no way, shape, form or fashion an exploit, I would consider that you might not know that but the level of detail you provided proves otrherwise. So why make your point look more 'whiny' by throwing the 'E' word in the subject?

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:23 AM   #4
Wytie

Mouse Betrayer!

Its been like this for a very very very long time.

They are not being mitigated it seems to me.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:43 PM   #5
Balrok

Loremaster

You're right.. it doesn't mitagate and hits for the same full amount every time.  So?  Take this away from mages and you can F right off.  Fighter/Scout/Priest DPS is like 50% autoattack and insane.  Take away Rune of Blasting atm and there is little to nothing a mage can do against op autoattack.  Now a Scout/Fighter/Priest wearing Rune of Blasting is pretty beast.... oh well, the rich get richer.

Olihin

Balrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:54 PM   #6
Valdar

Loremaster

Sorry Exur don't agree that the right way to do things is to fix a bug with another bug. What I would like to see is that they adress both issues at the same time.

If not just leave it alone I guess.

Valdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #7
Balrok

Loremaster

if the other bug is autoattack... sure.  But it's not.  "That" is working as designed.  I'm assuming they tested and balanced pvp with current blasting hits.  If they didn't test with blasting, they then didn't test at all.  Cause a mage can't compete.....

.... I'm such a soe rube to even suggest it was tested.

Olihin

Old 08-24-2011, 01:51 PM   #8
Fanatical
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Replaced

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

You're right.. it doesn't mitagate and hits for the same full amount every time.  So?  Take this away from mages and you can F right off.  Fighter/Scout/Priest DPS is like 50% autoattack and insane.  Take away Rune of Blasting atm and there is little to nothing a mage can do against op autoattack.  Now a Scout/Fighter/Priest wearing Rune of Blasting is pretty beast.... oh well, the rich get richer.

This ^

IMO, Runes of Blasting is fine in its broken state, the fact thats its extremely easy to get and dps as is can be low vs heals.  Maybe once our AAs are fixed it could be looked at.  With some 6v6s lasting 30+ mins id want ppl to be able to deeps slightly harder than now.

Fanatical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:37 PM   #9
Crismorn

Loremaster

Rune of blasting is fine.

Rune of mending on the otherhand...

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:49 PM   #10
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii

Loremaster

How about them WAR RUNES working in PVP?

7000 Regenerating Ward!

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:12 PM   #11
Crismorn

Loremaster

I've petitioned all the war runes that still work in pvp, no response but I think they fixed them on test~

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:03 PM   #12
Sprin
Guild: L U S H

General

[email protected] wrote:

Sorry Exur don't agree that the right way to do things is to fix a bug with another bug. What I would like to see is that they adress both issues at the same time.

If not just leave it alone I guess.

Nah, check out Exurs ideas of what should be done when he doesnt agree with a SOE decision in the other thread... he just resorts to exploiting, so if Exur is calling this "working as inteded" its gotta be an exploit, since that clown obviously only likes to exploit to get things done when he doesnt agree with the way something works... Justification by exploitation is the name of his game...

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:47 PM   #13
Valdar

Loremaster

From what I have read on these boards Exur doesn't like any form of perma immunity in open zones, and I couldn't agree more. Even the 60s immunity you get when zoning in is way too long. Once you leave the city or guild hall it should be no immunity except a SHORT countdown to allow people to zone. Anything else defeats the purpose of having a pvp server.

The other problem he has is with too much dps coming from autoattack and not enough from CA's, and I couldn't agree more on that subject too. Having the player with the lucky flurries win = fail.

What I don't agree with is that we have 2 bugs that sort of cancel eachothers effects and he proposes to leave them where I would rather have both fixed. Then again with SOE's pace of bug fixing his approach may actually be better. They seem intent of taking ages to fix a bug and then adding something that screws it up again, usually even worse then before.

For example, no perma immunity in KP (yay!), followed by flying mounts that lets players stay out of reach (awhh..).

I have found a way that is 100% legit to shoot people down and seems fairly succesful so far, so I hope we get rid of those notorious afk'ers! SMILEY

Valdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:42 PM   #14
Sprin
Guild: L U S H

General

[email protected] wrote:

I have found a way that is 100% legit to shoot people down and seems fairly succesful so far, so I hope we get rid of those notorious afk'ers!

Well based on this statement I was able to figure out the exploit and it has been /feedback, /bug reported... lets hope it ends the exploiting, I don't care if you or I do or dont like afk'rs in the sky, exploiting is exploiting, and that is an exploit 100%, i can tell you that much

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:06 AM   #15
Balrok

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I was able to figure out the exploit

reported again... you exploiters are relentless!report me please, as I've never done it.  I just support it.  But you don't support it and have done it.  I win. 

Olihin

Old 08-25-2011, 12:19 AM   #16
Balrok

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

he just resorts to exploiting, so if Exur is calling this "working as inteded" its gotta be an exploit, since that clown obviously only likes to exploit to get things done when he doesnt agree with the way something works... Justification by exploitation is the name of his game...

Never have I seen a more false statement.  Find me one person who has ever even accussed me of exploiting.  Just cause I enjoy "seeing" people try and PvP more, doesn't mean I'm an exploiter.  It's not like they are using an exploit to evade PvP, these scum are trying to find PvP. 

Did I say Blasting wasn't broke?  I was the first to point out it doesn't mitagate correctly.  Until they scale or adjust autoattack damage.... I'm saying not to touch this for the health of the game. 

Olihin

Old 08-25-2011, 12:50 PM   #17
Exagon

Lord

Aaden wrote:

Accounts for 20% of this player's damage during 3:25 fight

Wonko!!

Avanor

Healatron

Grill

Avaldi

Exagon

Valaron

Exagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #18
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii

Loremaster

YOU DARNED DIRTY EXPLOITRZ!11

SMILEY

Elemental Detonation when it crit was SMILEY

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:39 PM   #19
Vlahkmaak
Server: Venekor
Guild: Opus Dei

Loremaster

Not an exploit as much as another perfect example of poorly thought out proc mechanics.

Vlahkmaak 92 Troll Guardian Nagafen

Dwyrm 92 Dwarf Paladin Nagafen

Shoofaug 92 Iksar bruiser Nagafen

Vlah 92 Troll Inqy Nagafen

Vlahk 50 SK Nagafen

Glavlahnus 92 Woodelf Ranger, betrayed and back again

Cructik 92 TROLL BL Nagafen
Vlahkmaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:49 AM   #20
Greggthegrmreapr

Loremaster

It's more a fact of SoE doesn't takle into account what changes in PvE game will have in PvP, then not caring enough to correct the error when it is discovered.  It's not the first time this has happened, and most likely won't be the last.

Greggthegrmreapr is offline   Reply With Quote