EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-09-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
Kope

Ive been watching some videos on youtube of pvp of everquest 2, I noticed in most videos the players and enemies were small as if they were shrunk.

eg: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_LTj9AO_Vs

Can someone explain?

Kope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:49 PM   #2
Kope

can someone please respond, i want to know if i should play this game, if im going to be small most the time in combat, then i dont want to play.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:00 AM   #3
Balrok

Loremaster

Kope wrote:

eg: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zhlFiRWd2o

Fixed your vid link.  This is a much better illy vid.  Re-sub and tell me it's not Peak.  lolI can't believe character size has anything to do with making or breaking your decision.  Anyway:

Mystic Moppet Billyhttp://eq2.zam.com/db/item.html?eq2...626c543229#Wiki

It's a 4 year reward that shrinks your character if you have illusions off.  Most PvP with it.  Smaller target means harder to target... against nubs anyway.

Olihin

Balrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:04 AM   #4
Proud_Silence

Loremaster

You could chose Oger as race, they get Commanding Presence ability, which is a small growth effect, enlarging your character. There's also Gathering Obsession Quest line which you can do at lvl 1 (will be tricky but doable) rewarding you with a Cloak with another growth effect. It stacks with Commanding Presence, and will make your toon quite big.

As previous poster said, that's fine and dandy on a PVE server, but in case you roll on a pvp server, it will likely just draw more attention to yourself.

Even tho there's "target pvp-target"-buttons you can assign, it appears that often the direct mouseclick on a person is prefered. At least that's how i explain myself the ability to run straight through a pack of enemies as Arasai in the tiny willow wisp illusion and barely get noticed opposed to my Oger in max size being spotted from half a zone way by even the most unskilled pvp'ers SMILEY

Proud_Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:11 AM   #5
Kope

[email protected] wrote:

Kope wrote:

eg: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zhlFiRWd2o

Fixed your vid link.  This is a much better illy vid.  Re-sub and tell me it's not Peak.  lolI can't believe character size has anything to do with making or breaking your decision.  Anyway:

Mystic Moppet Billyhttp://eq2.zam.com/db/item.html?eq2...626c543229#Wiki

It's a 4 year reward that shrinks your character if you have illusions off.  Most PvP with it.  Smaller target means harder to target... against nubs anyway.

So do people still use that item? I hope not :S

I guess the reason is, because I hate games where people are small and you can barely see their gear, and your own. + its not very realistic/ cool, even in fantasy games I still like to think "wow thats cool, because its a bit realistic"

This game seems perfect for me other then that item and the somewhat confusing/bad UI

Old 08-10-2011, 09:29 AM   #6
Greggthegrmreapr

Loremaster

The default UI for this game is horrible.  go to eq2interface.com and find one you like better.  I use Drumms currently.  As for people still using those items, it gives an advantage, even if just a slight one.  You get used to it though.

Greggthegrmreapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:28 AM   #7
Ssue
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Replaced

Loremaster

Most of do run around at 40-50% shrunk, this is exaggerated even more because most of us (as does Exur in this video) have the camera panned out fully so you can see everyone around you.  But honestly, when you are fighting, the last thing you are doing is checking out the other guy’s armor.  There is plenty of time to check out peoples appearences, combat is not one of them.  If that is a deal breaker for you, then this is not your game. 

Old 08-10-2011, 11:21 AM   #8
GussJr

Loremaster

Or maybe Nag is not the server you should start on...

Siame, 90 K. Zerk, 90 Alchemist

Palayna, 34 Fae Monk, 90 Master Carpenter

Beastmastress, 90 WE BL, 31 Prov
GussJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:42 AM   #9
Balrok

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

If that is a deal breaker for you, then this is not your game. 

Oh... this game is definitely designed for him!  Cool looking armor and Housing items are what EQ2 is.  But this afterthought PvP is not. 

Olihin

Balrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:18 PM   #10
Twinbladed
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

Sometimes for pvp sake it's help to be smaller, some people dont tab targets or have keys set to find things instantly, so you end up with people who click there mouse instead the smaller you are the harder it is to get ya click on. Plus it makes you look like your running faster.

Twinbladed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:07 AM   #11
Vaylan77

Loremaster

a lot of ppl use moppet to shrink but only bad players target others with a mouse click on the char. doesn't matter how big someone is if you use keys anyway

Vaylan77 is offline   Reply With Quote