EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-05-2011, 11:42 PM   #1
Sprin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: L U S H

General

Ok, we waited 3 months to get the first set of gear, can you please tell us when to expect the jewelry / weapons for PVP?  I think having to wait an extra 3 months past expansion release you owe us that much Oilhin...   an ETA? a rough estimate? months? weeks? never? something...

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:26 AM   #2
Crismorn

Loremaster

sometime in the middle of next xpac I'd guess

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:04 PM   #3
Sprin

General

Olihin? Please?

a rough ETA... just something... acknowledgement that the PVP community is waiting and wanting to know... anything?

Old 07-07-2011, 02:37 AM   #4
Sprin

General

Anything?

Old 07-08-2011, 02:53 PM   #5
Neskonlith

Loremaster

It takes ~3 months to patch in fixes and make changes to PVP, so if we are very lucky we might see DoV weapons and accessories perhaps in August, just a couple of months before the new expansion releases in November.

"...Gibbets, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of carrion in the morning. You know, one time we had Freeport TG defended, pvp for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked to their revive spot. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' QQ body. The smell, you know that putrescent smell, the whole writ house. Smelled like… victory..."

- Apocalypse Gnome
Neskonlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #6
Sprin

General

Neskonlith wrote:

It takes ~3 months to patch in fixes and make changes to PVP, so if we are very lucky we might see DoV weapons and accessories perhaps in August, just a couple of months before the new expansion releases in November.

Sounda bout right, just as people earn enough tokens to get the new gear, they make it completely worthless with a new expansion....  Why do I play this game still?  SWTOR cant come out soon enough

Old 07-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #7
Neskonlith

Loremaster

Low-hanging-fruit prediction based on past performance by SOE: I anticipate PVP will be broken and horribly exploitable once again with Age of Discovery release, and it will be ~Feb to release AoD pvp armor.

It appears that SOE is too understaffed to keep pvp current with the rest of the game.

"...Gibbets, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of carrion in the morning. You know, one time we had Freeport TG defended, pvp for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked to their revive spot. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' QQ body. The smell, you know that putrescent smell, the whole writ house. Smelled like… victory..."

- Apocalypse Gnome
Old 07-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #8
Ahlana

Loremaster

Neskonlith wrote:

Low-hanging-fruit prediction based on past performance by SOE: I anticipate PVP will be broken and horribly exploitable once again with Age of Discovery release, and it will be ~Feb to release AoD pvp armor.

It appears that SOE is too understaffed to keep pvp current with the rest of the game.

Once again.. as much as I loved old school pvp.. it is time to flip the switch on Naggy and make us blue.

It is harsh but true.. they will never fix PVP and never make it better.. They do not have the people to do it and they do not have the know how to do it. And as more and more stuff is added to PVE.. more and more will break in PVP.

Old 07-08-2011, 03:20 PM   #9
Neskonlith

Loremaster

Ahlana wrote:

It is harsh but true.. they will never fix PVP and never make it better.. They do not have the people to do it and they do not have the know how to do it. And as more and more stuff is added to PVE.. more and more will break in PVP.

Good point:  the new incoming class Beast Lords will likely also break PVP in huge and exploitable ways for months before a fix can be scheduled.

- Apocalypse Gnome
Old 07-08-2011, 05:27 PM   #10
Sprin

General

I mean its been 2 1/2 weeks since we heard anything from our "pvp dev"...a simple answer would sufice for this topic... when are we going to be able to expect the new pvp gear?... simple question

Old 07-08-2011, 08:46 PM   #11
Ahlana

Loremaster

Olihin wrote:

We are currently assigned to work on PvE related content for the game.   If time allows, we will be able to continue to push PvP related ideas to improve that aspect of the game.   Until then, we are only fixing immediate bugs that prevent game play.  

Olihin

In a PM recently

Old 07-09-2011, 12:34 AM   #12
Sprin

General

Ahlana wrote:

Olihin wrote:

We are currently assigned to work on PvE related content for the game.   If time allows, we will be able to continue to push PvP related ideas to improve that aspect of the game.   Until then, we are only fixing immediate bugs that prevent game play.  

Olihin

In a PM recently

I would assume they already had the weapons / jewelry designed, they just decided to put them out in different GU's like they did last expansion, without thinking about the fact we had to wait 3 months already just to get the first set of new PVP gear... that stuff is already made and waiting to be put live... they need to tell us when.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:07 PM   #13
Sprin

General

Question Still stands, since there are no PVP updates in Test Server Notes.... we getting PVP jewelry / weapons with GU?  Would love to hear from someone, maybe put it on TestCopy so people can test the stuff out and you know, like get the bugs out before it hits live? god forbid?

Old 08-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #14
Sprin

General

Heard from a friend who said he heard from an "official source" that there would be NO pvp weapons / jewelry until the new expansion....

Oilhin, this is truely getting ridiculous, are we getting new PVP weapons / jewelry with GU or not... just a simple Yes or No here... thats all I'm asking now... are we getting new stuff with the GU...

Old 08-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #15
Delethen
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Arch of Chaos

Loremaster

I'm pretty sure we wont get any new gear next GU.  Best thing you can hope for really is that the fix to PvE crit bonus nerfs the op nature of raid jewelry / weapons.

Delethen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:07 AM   #16
Traxor
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Vigilance

Loremaster

Must Not Be Engaged In Pvp Combat.

Please remove these off every effect that can be obtained by raiding. its the only way to not be using gear from TSO and SF. Really hurting PvP gear progression to comply to people whining about how the cant obtain raid gear then not even offer the effects to people who pvp. I raid and pvp. I cant get them either way? Seriously bogus.

Traxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:24 AM   #17
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii

Loremaster

50% of the procs work in PVP anyways, just the easier to get ones don't which makes raiders alot better. lol

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:56 AM   #18
Kimber
Guild: Rapture

Loremaster

Raid gear should not be a better choice for PvP than PvP gear.

Raid gear should be equal to wearing the MC PvP gear in PvP

PvP gear should be equal to wearing T1 current content Raid gear in PvE

For those of oyu who do not follow the above statements try this

For PvP

Open world Token Bought PvP gear > T4 Raid gear

T4 Raid gear = to MC PvP gear

For PvE

T4 Raid gear > Open world Token Bought PvP gear

Open world Token Bought PvP gear = T1 raid gear

This is basicly how it was set up in TSO and it worked.  Yes there were still problems but it was better than what we have now.  No I did not include the BG gear cause well imo its not PvP.  Yes I did BG's when they first came out and it was fun for about 2-3 weeks then not so much.  Open world PvP has always been better than BG's even in its current state or lack of it as you can still find fights out there and its the thrill of the hunt or the reaction you get when you get jumped.  That is PvP not OK you grab the relic and hold onto it while we taunt and heal you.

I am sure not everyone will agree with me but tbh the KP zerg was more fun than BG's ever will be.

Guild Sickpuppies
Kimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:35 AM   #19
Greggthegrmreapr

Loremaster

PvP is broken and has been for years.  No matter what they do to try and fix it, it just gets worse.  The only reason I don't leave Nagafen is because everyone I know plays here and I just can't stand the idea of starting on a new server again.

Unless it is the PvP locked server at KoS or EoF...

Greggthegrmreapr is offline   Reply With Quote