EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2011, 06:06 PM   #31
Darkor
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Nexus
Rank: Ancient and Mummified

Loremaster
Darkor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,957
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

How im supposed to farm zones like when hole came out when a pvp player can be arround every corner and im forced to do the zone in weak pvp gear because other wise i will get backstabbed by the next person who is sitting in full pvp gear. Simply stupid.

I thought you weren't worried about that because you are a "tinkerer" and have FD and other tricks, and could survive any and all attacks by PVP'rs while you were PVE'n? Isn't that what you nerd raged about in your post to me from above... LOL nerd raging for the sake of nerd raging brah... you are classic nutjob

You fail at reading & understading my posts. Please move on, we dont have time for kids here.

__________________
Steal 90 Assassin

Darkor 90 Swashbuckler

Daerkin 90 Shadowknight

Daerkor 90 Templar

Ajjantis 90 Warden

Melodic 90 Dirge

Dayo 90 Monk

Rasiel 88 Conjuror

Razyeel 70 Wizard

Biyon 65 Beastlord
Darkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:06 PM   #32
Sprin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: L U S H
Rank: LUSH (Supreme Drinker!)

General
Sprin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,364
Default

[email protected] wrote:

who said hitting another key is hard? I said its not FUN. Thats why i play a game and pay for it. To have fun. Your idea of having fun is not my idea of having fun. Live with it. Ive been here since the beginning, when things worked. Your pseudo pvp is not for the masses. Its maybe your idea how the server should be, but not mine and pretty sure not the majoritys idea. And the only nerd rage i see here is your last post. Grow up.

If you find pushing hotkeys on a game not fun, bro you are on the wrong game... Last I checked thats how the game is played. 100% of it.  So if you dont like pushing a button, leave the game TBH. Im 100% sure nobody would miss you.

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:09 PM   #33
Darkor
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Nexus
Rank: Ancient and Mummified

Loremaster
Darkor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,957
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

who said hitting another key is hard? I said its not FUN. Thats why i play a game and pay for it. To have fun. Your idea of having fun is not my idea of having fun. Live with it. Ive been here since the beginning, when things worked. Your pseudo pvp is not for the masses. Its maybe your idea how the server should be, but not mine and pretty sure not the majoritys idea. And the only nerd rage i see here is your last post. Grow up.

If you find pushing hotkeys on a game not fun, bro you are on the wrong game... Last I checked thats how the game is played. 100% of it.  So if you dont like pushing a button, leave the game TBH. Im 100% sure nobody would miss you.

Pusing buttons to fire off spells and attacks is one thing. Pushing buttons in a gimplse of a moment because a pve fight might turn to pvp to switch your WHOLE armor set is just moronic. There is thousand better ways to solve this and you come up with this horrible idea and actually believe that anyone would pay for something stupid like this? LOL.

__________________
Steal 90 Assassin

Darkor 90 Swashbuckler

Daerkin 90 Shadowknight

Daerkor 90 Templar

Ajjantis 90 Warden

Melodic 90 Dirge

Dayo 90 Monk

Rasiel 88 Conjuror

Razyeel 70 Wizard

Biyon 65 Beastlord
Darkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:25 AM   #34
Lalen
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Divine Reapers
Rank: Elder Officer

Loremaster
Lalen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 766
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

who said hitting another key is hard? I said its not FUN. Thats why i play a game and pay for it. To have fun. Your idea of having fun is not my idea of having fun. Live with it. Ive been here since the beginning, when things worked. Your pseudo pvp is not for the masses. Its maybe your idea how the server should be, but not mine and pretty sure not the majoritys idea. And the only nerd rage i see here is your last post. Grow up.

If you find pushing hotkeys on a game not fun, bro you are on the wrong game... Last I checked thats how the game is played. 100% of it.  So if you dont like pushing a button, leave the game TBH. Im 100% sure nobody would miss you.

Pusing buttons to fire off spells and attacks is one thing. Pushing buttons in a gimplse of a moment because a pve fight might turn to pvp to switch your WHOLE armor set is just moronic. There is thousand better ways to solve this and you come up with this horrible idea and actually believe that anyone would pay for something stupid like this? LOL.

Idea -- Get rid of all pvp gear, make all PVE gear work in PVP, add a pvp adornment slot to all gear, all is well and the world recieves balence.

__________________
Quote: Patch Notes

All ground mounts have received a large boost in speed.


So they can now outrun FLYING mounts in the air?

EPIC FAIL

Lalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:38 AM   #35
EmperorSora

Scholar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 53
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

How im supposed to farm zones like when hole came out when a pvp player can be arround every corner and im forced to do the zone in weak pvp gear because other wise i will get backstabbed by the next person who is sitting in full pvp gear. Simply stupid.

I thought you weren't worried about that because you are a "tinkerer" and have FD and other tricks, and could survive any and all attacks by PVP'rs while you were PVE'n? Isn't that what you nerd raged about in your post to me from above... LOL nerd raging for the sake of nerd raging brah... you are classic nutjob

You fail at reading & understading my posts. Please move on, we dont have time for kids here.

All of this arguing back & forth makes no sense & no one seems to be getting Darkor & every other actual pvper who has been on the server 5+ yrs point. Being forced to switch between two sets of gear in open world pvp based on pve/pvp is completely stupid. End of story. If you want to completely seperate pvp & pve, just remove the nagafen server & have all pvp instanced. Toughness was by far the most asinine thing ever added to pvp. Why do you need a stat that reduces all pvp damage, just tone down the damage dealt in pvp since that is what toughness does anyway. Please SoE... before you have completely obliterated open world pvp.. please add IN-GAME polls to get the opinions of the server & not just the whiners on the forum... I can't remember the last pvp update that made any sort of sense.

EmperorSora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:49 PM   #36
Thorgald

Loremaster
Thorgald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 24
Default

If they remove pvp gear and make raid gear the only thing needed, how are you planning to balance that against the people that can not raid for one reason or another but still wants to pvp and do reasonably well?

You don't care do you? You just want your easymode back....

Thorgald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #37
Proud_Silence

Loremaster
Proud_Silence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 342
Default

it's not just make one Macro to switch between PVE and PVP gear.

1. You can only switch weapons while in combat, so if you're engaged in PVE, you simply can't put on your pvp gear.

2. My PVE gear has effects that alter some of my "until canceled-buffs", when i switch gear i have to re-cast those. Hardly something i got time for when there's an enemy approaching.

Proud_Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:17 AM   #38
Shuai

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 117
Default

Even though I prefer the mix and match which is pretty obvious from my past posts, the items in question (besides the raid weapons) are heroic, single groupable content. The stance of "have to raid to compete" isn't really the argument. Having to do nothing pve whether it be crafting, harvesting, whatever isn't intended. They stepped up with the mastercrafted gear and gave crafters and harvesters a hand in creating a pvp force. That's great. Allowing a few procs from previous expansions which are easily 1 groupable or trio/duo'd to be useful in pvp shouldn't be that big a deal. 

How many of us and how long did we all use brocks thermal shocker? Simple quest, numerous expacs ago. Stuff like that allows for a bit of customization which anyone can obtain with even a semi crappy group.

__________________
Shuai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:24 AM   #39
Crismorn

Loremaster
Crismorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,840
Default

I just think if they want to make pvp gear thje best than make it the best for at LEAST the most important slots ie. Weapons or dont bother and revert the change and just make it obvious that you need raid gear to compete.

Personally I'm fine with ither path you guys choose, just choose it already and make ot happen instead of wasting the precious little time you guys can devote to eq2 pvp

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:46 AM   #40
Shuai

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 117
Default

I'll be using some pvp weapons for a while, mutilation is pretty needed. But yeah, some pvp weapons that compete pretty well or at least close to pve ones is kinda important if we stay with the current stand. Raid weapons are already completely slack on potency, crit bonus, MA obviously. They pretty much only offer a higher dmg rating and crit chance. On the other hand there's a lot of pve weapons to choose from, adding one or 2 pvp weapons is just going to be cookie cutter again. A variety with varying strengths would be nice to see to compete with the raid dropped weapons.

__________________
Shuai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:02 AM   #41
Crismorn

Loremaster
Crismorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,840
Default

I'll take cookie cutter over uncompetitive anyday but yeah I get what you are saying.

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:22 AM   #42
Souse
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 103
Default

How to get pure PvP gear:

  • Found out how much PvP efficiency = # of primary stat
  • Get rid of primary stat, and convert it into PvP efficiency on PvP gear
  • Keep Sta for resist
  • Found out how much mitigation = toughness
  • Convert mitigation into toughness and get rid of normal armor mitigation for PvP gear
  • The rest of the stats don't need to be configured into a conversion

How to work PvP and PvE gear into one mechanic:

  • As someone once said, have 3 tabs for equipment sets: PvE, PvP, and Appearance.
  • PvE gear activates when attacking an NPC in PvP combat for DPS factorization
  • PvP gear activates when attacking a player for general stat factorization
  • PvP gear activates when healing when in PvP combat for healing factorization
  • PvP gear activates when in general PvP combat in terms of general stat factorization
  • PvE defense activates when being attacked by an NPC while in PvP combat in terms of defense/mitigation/avoidance factorization

Alternative:

  • Allow switching gear in combat
Souse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:03 PM   #43
Shuai

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 117
Default

Uh... Just gonna say no to everything above you just mentioned.

__________________
Shuai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:58 PM   #44
EmperorSora

Scholar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 53
Default

[email protected] wrote:

How to get pure PvP gear:

  • Found out how much PvP efficiency = # of primary stat
  • Get rid of primary stat, and convert it into PvP efficiency on PvP gear
  • Keep Sta for resist
  • Found out how much mitigation = toughness
  • Convert mitigation into toughness and get rid of normal armor mitigation for PvP gear
  • The rest of the stats don't need to be configured into a conversion

How to work PvP and PvE gear into one mechanic:

  • As someone once said, have 3 tabs for equipment sets: PvE, PvP, and Appearance.
  • PvE gear activates when attacking an NPC in PvP combat for DPS factorization
  • PvP gear activates when attacking a player for general stat factorization
  • PvP gear activates when healing when in PvP combat for healing factorization
  • PvP gear activates when in general PvP combat in terms of general stat factorization
  • PvE defense activates when being attacked by an NPC while in PvP combat in terms of defense/mitigation/avoidance factorization

Alternative:

  • Allow switching gear in combat

Were you inebriated when you typed that up?

EmperorSora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:07 PM   #45
WillCrusher

Lord
WillCrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 30
Default

Olihin wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Olihin wrote:

Greetings,

We are yet to release the new weapons and accessories.   We started to release the armor followed by accessories and weapons a few updates back.   The last update had accessories and weapons added, so this time the armor was released.

In regards to the effects available in some items, they are evaluated on a case by case basis and should a change be needed then a change will be made.  In some cases, the items will have a similar effect that can be found in PvP items. 

Olihin

Bro, you do realize that you took over 3 months to release the armor this expansion right? You are comparing these "previous updates" when you had released the armor with the expansion, and then released the weapons / jewelry at a later update, but it has already been 3+ months since the expansion.  There is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE to not have jewelry and weapons released with this GU.  You guys are on a slipery slope of this bs... You take an extra 3 months to release armor, then you use a previous GU as an example of why you are waiting to release the weapons / jewelry, except the armor was released instantly and we werent waiting around for armor for 3 months with broken junker PVP in the mean time...  So you are saying that PVP'rs need to wait 6 months into an expansion before we get all our gear, then a little while after we get it, you release PVE Expansion that makes that PVP gear absolutely worthless, only to make us wait another 6 months?!  This is stupid

You guys need to take this into consideration, we have already waited for this stuff.. 3+ months... release the weapons and jewelry now please.  This is obsurd TBH... to make us wait even more because of some previous release dates based on some totally different circumstances... Gonna be honest, this smells like a big business with no common sense, following the S.O.P no matter what the circumstances should dictate otherwise...

Good point.  I will speak to the itemization gods and see what can be done. 

Olihin

Ive got a couple off issues with the way GU60 was released.  First off, I don't have time to read the forums every day to find out whats happening.  I did not know that new weaps and jewelry were incoming.  All I saw after the update was new armor so, on my first and only 90 toon I spent hundreds of tokens just after the GU60 update went live on jewelry and weaps because only the PVP armor was new so I thought that was it.  I had been waiting months to spend tokens on anything because word down the pipeline was that new stuff was coming.  Well, the new stuff came so I spent.  Now I learn MORE new stuff is coming.  I want to be able to sell the "old" stuff back to the merch for a token refund.  I realize some people have thousands of tokens lying around but I don't.  Replacing the 600ish tokens I JUST spent so I can get current(?) gear is yet another grind on top of the new faction grind.  The fact that there are 2 separate armor grinds necessary instead of 1 now that stats have been divided just makes it all that much worse.   

Also you have antiquated items for sale now on the PVP merchs.  I bought a rogue bauble that has MA but no PVP MA!  [Removed for Content]!  One can only acquire these items by earning pvp rewards, yet they lack vital pvp stats?  There is another rogue item that procs avert eyes.  This is a passive detaunt that probably no longer works.  Why is it still for sale with a broken proc on it?!?!  Come on guys!  Are you just leaving crap stuff on the vintage wares merch hoping we waste our tokens on it?  Thats a pretty cheap way to try and extend a sub if you ask me.  

__________________
Petram the Swashbuckler aka;

Dravan - Mystic

Bogner - Troubadour

Noseeum - Assasin

Thundaar - Zerker
WillCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:03 PM   #46
Souse
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 103
Default

Shuai wrote:

Uh... Just gonna say no to everything above you just mentioned.

Ok

why?

Souse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:49 AM   #47
daray

Loremaster
daray's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 371
Default

Olihin wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Bro, you do realize that you took over 3 months to release the armor this expansion right? You are comparing these "previous updates" when you had released the armor with the expansion, and then released the weapons / jewelry at a later update, but it has already been 3+ months since the expansion.  There is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE to not have jewelry and weapons released with this GU.  You guys are on a slipery slope of this bs... You take an extra 3 months to release armor, then you use a previous GU as an example of why you are waiting to release the weapons / jewelry, except the armor was released instantly and we werent waiting around for armor for 3 months with broken junker PVP in the mean time...  So you are saying that PVP'rs need to wait 6 months into an expansion before we get all our gear, then a little while after we get it, you release PVE Expansion that makes that PVP gear absolutely worthless, only to make us wait another 6 months?!  This is stupid

You guys need to take this into consideration, we have already waited for this stuff.. 3+ months... release the weapons and jewelry now please.  This is obsurd TBH... to make us wait even more because of some previous release dates based on some totally different circumstances... Gonna be honest, this smells like a big business with no common sense, following the S.O.P no matter what the circumstances should dictate otherwise...

Good point.  I will speak to the itemization gods and see what can be done. 

Olihin

So does this mean that BG-bought weapons and jewelry will be seeing equivalent upgrades at the same time?

daray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:59 AM   #48
Delethen
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Arch of Chaos
Rank: Muad'Dib

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 215
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Ive got a couple off issues with the way GU60 was released.  First off, I don't have time to read the forums every day to find out whats happening.  I did not know that new weaps and jewelry were incoming.  All I saw after the update was new armor so, on my first and only 90 toon I spent hundreds of tokens just after the GU60 update went live on jewelry and weaps because only the PVP armor was new so I thought that was it.  I had been waiting months to spend tokens on anything because word down the pipeline was that new stuff was coming.  Well, the new stuff came so I spent.  Now I learn MORE new stuff is coming.  I want to be able to sell the "old" stuff back to the merch for a token refund.  I realize some people have thousands of tokens lying around but I don't.  Replacing the 600ish tokens I JUST spent so I can get current(?) gear is yet another grind on top of the new faction grind.  The fact that there are 2 separate armor grinds necessary instead of 1 now that stats have been divided just makes it all that much worse.   

I really wouldn't worry about this too much, I highly doubt new weapons and jewelry turn up any earlier than when they were originally slated to - every single time you see a dev use the phrase 'itemisation gods', you can guarantee nothing whatsoever is going to get done.  Its their current preferred method of passing the buck.  Seen it far too many times on numerous threads by several different devs in regards to rogue usable throwing weapons alone.

Delethen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:50 PM   #49
Neskonlith

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,834
Default

[email protected] wrote:

I really wouldn't worry about this too much, I highly doubt new weapons and jewelry turn up any earlier than when they were originally slated to - every single time you see a dev use the phrase 'itemisation gods', you can guarantee nothing whatsoever is going to get done.  Its their current preferred method of passing the buck.  Seen it far too many times on numerous threads by several different devs in regards to rogue usable throwing weapons alone.

Chances are that in some murky future we will finally see a rogue PVP throwing weapon, but it will naturally have tank stats and more +riposte pasted on it.

__________________
"...Gibbets, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of carrion in the morning. You know, one time we had Freeport TG defended, pvp for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked to their revive spot. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' QQ body. The smell, you know that putrescent smell, the whole writ house. Smelled like… victory..."



- Apocalypse Gnome
Neskonlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:44 PM   #50
Sprin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: L U S H
Rank: LUSH (Supreme Drinker!)

General
Sprin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,364
Default

Olihin wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Olihin wrote:

Greetings,

We are yet to release the new weapons and accessories.   We started to release the armor followed by accessories and weapons a few updates back.   The last update had accessories and weapons added, so this time the armor was released.

In regards to the effects available in some items, they are evaluated on a case by case basis and should a change be needed then a change will be made.  In some cases, the items will have a similar effect that can be found in PvP items. 

Olihin

Bro, you do realize that you took over 3 months to release the armor this expansion right? You are comparing these "previous updates" when you had released the armor with the expansion, and then released the weapons / jewelry at a later update, but it has already been 3+ months since the expansion.  There is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE to not have jewelry and weapons released with this GU.  You guys are on a slipery slope of this bs... You take an extra 3 months to release armor, then you use a previous GU as an example of why you are waiting to release the weapons / jewelry, except the armor was released instantly and we werent waiting around for armor for 3 months with broken junker PVP in the mean time...  So you are saying that PVP'rs need to wait 6 months into an expansion before we get all our gear, then a little while after we get it, you release PVE Expansion that makes that PVP gear absolutely worthless, only to make us wait another 6 months?!  This is stupid

You guys need to take this into consideration, we have already waited for this stuff.. 3+ months... release the weapons and jewelry now please.  This is obsurd TBH... to make us wait even more because of some previous release dates based on some totally different circumstances... Gonna be honest, this smells like a big business with no common sense, following the S.O.P no matter what the circumstances should dictate otherwise...

Good point.  I will speak to the itemization gods and see what can be done. 

Olihin

AKA, I dont care about PVP, im not the PVP dev anymore but we don't have one so I'm gonna pretend I care what the heck you people are saying and pretend like I'm going to do something about it, so here is a "response" to shut you the heck up about it... and don't bother asking me about it any time ever again because I wont respond to anything anyone has to say on these boards anyways....

2 months later and we still have no clue what is going on with PVP weapons / Jewelry......you ever gonna tell us when they are gonna be released?  IF they are gonna be released?

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:41 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.