EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-31-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
Cratoh

Loremaster

Where are people going to lock now?

It ued to be t2, now it looks like t4 'may' fall by the wayside.

I'm fairly interested to see how t6 pvp locking plays out. Are many of you planning on doing it, and if so, where woudl you lock? Obviously there are some class defining spells introduced in t6, at 52, 55 and 58. I've seen someone saying they would lock at 58, and to me that seems like it might be the most sensible place. What about warfields though? 

I think a new sinking sands WF would be really awesome, and far from being gamebreaking for current t4 players, would actually breathe new life into the whole pvp experience.

Any thoughts?

Forum - 1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest

Censorship - deleting parts of publications or correspondence.

"Where there is official censorship it is a sign that speech is serious"
Cratoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:18 AM   #2
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

T4, T7, and 90.

A Cure For Cancer
Rahatmattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:14 AM   #3
Silverzx

Loremaster

70 is probably where you want to be.  replace sinking sands with EL

Silverzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:27 AM   #4
Vaylan77

Loremaster

i have made the mistake some time ago to lock my ranger from 39 to 59 and realised that t6 is dead. wfs never pop - and that was also before the tundra fiasco.

Vaylan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:43 AM   #5
Cratoh

Loremaster

Maybe I wasn'r clear in the 1st post, but what I was referring to was the fact that with changes to AA and ability to access the shadow tree, the next lofgical place people would go to pvp lock imo would be level 50s.

Maybe you 59 will ge dusted offf in a few weeks time eh?

Forum - 1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest

Censorship - deleting parts of publications or correspondence.

"Where there is official censorship it is a sign that speech is serious"
Cratoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:57 AM   #6
Sprin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: L U S H

General

[email protected] wrote:

i have made the mistake some time ago to lock my ranger from 39 to 59 and realised that t6 is dead. wfs never pop - and that was also before the tundra fiasco.

You havn't read the Test Patch Notes for the next GU?  What the OP is talking about is the fact that SOE is making it so you have to be 50+ to use TSO tree...

So essentially they are nerfing everyones aa at 39 by 60....

I'll be taking my newb up.... losing 60 AA can suck my nuts tbh..

58 or 59 will probably be the new 39... 

The WF situation is really lame... there needs to be another WF for 40-59's... having lvl 40's in a WF where the guards are lvl 70+ is really lame...

BUt that aside, think of it like this... People are inherently lazy... if you got to 59, 160 is still the cap there, but you are fighting against, at most, lvl 67's... who also have AA cap of 160... if you go past 62 you are fighting against lvl 70's who have an AA cap of 200..... which means you would have to go to 70 to compete which means you would have to get another 40 AA points... and 70's arent' really "low tier" anymore... 

Some people think that 39 will stay in business as it is rigiht now after the GU, but I just dont think so... 

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:50 PM   #7
Crismorn

Loremaster

Hopefully level 70 is the new place to be for lowbie bg/pvp

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:56 PM   #8
karnath

Loremaster

i dont think it will really hurt t4 pvp ..   t4 is the first lvl to do BG's .. and still the easiest to start a toon for ..so what if a aa tree is removed .. it was over powered for t4 anyways, and its a across the board nerf, not a class nerf.

karnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #9
Winter12345

Loremaster

70 70 70...forget t6 just go there, you'll have a much better time.

Sure some people may lock in t6, but I doubt many of them will think its worth it to level up to 59 and still only be able to use 160 aa. If you go to 70 you'll have access to 200...something new.

I also 100% agree they should either move the EL WF to Sinking Sands or make a new one that is only 40-59.

Winter12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:00 PM   #10
GussJr

Loremaster

My Zerk's been locked in T6 for quite some time...with almost maxed AA for the tier...and easily rolled 4 or 5 players this past weekend who were 7 & 8 levels higher...

Whether or not this becomes the 'in-zone' for pvp, I won't be unlocking that toon any time soon...hope more people stay in this tier...its fun...if not, it's certainly easy kills for people just passing through...

Siame, 90 K. Zerk, 90 Alchemist

Palayna, 34 Fae Monk, 90 Master Carpenter

Beastmastress, 90 WE BL, 31 Prov
GussJr is offline   Reply With Quote