EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > Class Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-22-2016, 04:50 PM   #91
Alway

forgive me if this was stated already, but do we need all forms of ascension leveled before we can start epic 2.0?
Old 10-22-2016, 05:04 PM   #92
Chillispike

As far as i know you need 1 at level 5 to start it.
Old 10-22-2016, 05:08 PM   #93
Chillispike

If possible please change the moving animation while having Facet of the Etherlord.
It looks really akward to me, like a dog that is scraching it's butt on the floor.
Can't the arms just stay more calm while moveing?
Old 10-23-2016, 02:35 AM   #94
Raffy

Hrm - I thought it was all 4 at level 5 to start it...........I'll have to review the video for clarification - so please don't quote me yet - that's just what was sticking in my head.
Old 10-23-2016, 06:31 AM   #95
KitKat31337

You would be mistaken.
Old 10-23-2016, 02:00 PM   #96
Wurm

I had to drop the illusion to do the TS questline (the slaver ship) because I couldn't see if I was crouched or not. When I reapplied it my progress went back to 0%

I've dropped it before and reapplied it without that happening.
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:31 AM   #97
Uncle

i have not seen adpts or master drop so the p2w though watered down might still be there.. maybe a dev can chime in on this
Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 08:31 AM   #98
Neiloch

Do ascension Adept and Masters drop now as well? They would have to for them to be 'on track' with the norm. If they can only be researched and gained through waiting or cash the 'P2W' factor is still there.

HOWEVER if they are dropping then they did the right thing with this update.
Neiloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 03:31 PM   #99
Mandoblast

So, if it takes 97mil xp to level an ascension from 1 to 10 AND we can only get 1 scroll a day that gives 1mil xp, then it means that it takes 97 days to level 1 ascension to max. And, since math is hard, that means that to get all 4 classes on 1 character it would take over a year.

Is this intended?
Old 10-25-2016, 03:49 PM   #100
Stimps

Im assuming there will be other methods to obtain exp. They just said you get one scroll a day free from a trainer.....im sure there will be other ways
Old 10-26-2016, 01:25 AM   #101
Rael

Ok I'm probably going to make a fool of myself here and this will be just me xD

I had the Sanguine guy up for ages and was slowly gaining xp (wasn't strictly trying to level, just going about business). I picked up all 4 types but that was the only one it would let me use. At the time I figured that was just how it was as I hadn't read much.

I dropped it for some quest I forget and all my xp reset and I haven't been able to gain any since (I had been having the guided ascension on). Also I just dropped it again to see about the others again and all the ones greyed out and became red unusables as I hovered over them except for the elemental, which now seems to be the only one it is letting me use.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong, what I've missed?
Old 10-26-2016, 01:49 AM   #102
Chillispike

When will we be able to hide the Ascension illusion?
Because without hiding it the wardrobe is kinda pointless or not? ... and i ain't looking forward to raid when all look the same because of the Ascension spells.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:25 AM   #103
Winddragon

When the expansion launches it will be possible to hide the ascension illusion.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:29 AM   #104
Bazsun

You realize that you can level an ascension without having the illusion running, I'm almost level 2 just grinding skyshrine on a newb wiz just to test that and its working just fine with it this way. The attack granted at level 2 is useable without the ascension running.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:35 AM   #105
Tierisch

Yeah the illusion gives you a buff but while running content prior to KA and ToT you can certainly do without that.
Old 10-26-2016, 06:29 PM   #106
ZUES

In my opinion the Ascension classes need a small set of quests to introduce us to them, explain how they work, how to upgrade them and as a final reward, pick one. It's just too confusing in its current state. Need to dumb it down and hand hold the introduction of these. Perhaps even do a UI window that has a picture of each one, describes each class, their abilities and the location of each trainer. We need more information.
Old 10-26-2016, 06:45 PM   #107
Anatha

I seem to be stuck trying to level to ascension class 2. I have tried using a guided ascension and still shows at 0 xp left. I can't seem to find the ability in my maintained spells so I can't manually cancel it there and try to reapply a new one. Not sure what is going on.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:45 PM   #108
Moss

If you remaining ascension xp is at 0 and could not launch a new bubble you have to find the Guided Ascension buff in your Spell Effect list and cancel it manually, then you'll be able to launch a new one. It happen for me everytime the game crash. Once you have enough xp to gain a level you have to click again the item sold by the beta buffer to increase your level.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:54 PM   #109
Shmogre

Here is what the maintained spell icon looks like for me if that helps:

[IMG]
Shmogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:01 PM   #110
Caith

Developer

It is not located in your maintained effects window, rather it is in your player effects window, the same window that displays membership buffs. If you have hidden it, the default keys to toggle it are alt-e. It is a main hud window, so hiding it requires that you have changed your options to allow hiding main hud windows.
Caith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:43 AM   #111
Shmogre

Hmm, I also have run into the "can't get to level 2" thing. I show 3,000,000/3,000,000 (100.0%) and have cancelled the Guided Ascension buff, but when I try to start another, it tells me "You must first train your active ascension class." Also tried cancelling the Encasement and recasting, no joy.

UPDATE: Going back to Finch (beta buffer) and getting another Draught did the trick.

(Also, apologies for mixing up maintained with player effects earlier, Anatha...hope you were able to figure it out.)
Old 10-27-2016, 08:12 AM   #112
Anatha

Unfortunately no, Shmogre. If I target myself I see it under my name but it is not in my maintained spells. That is where I was told to manually cancel it. Doesn't work if I can't find it! Wink
Old 10-27-2016, 08:35 AM   #113
Shmogre

Have you tried expanding the size of your maintained spell window? (Hit F10 and you can grab the edges to embiggen it.) It's possible that it's out of sight... (crossing finger for you)
Old 10-27-2016, 10:07 AM   #114
Arieva

Is Ethereal Conduit a potency buff for a group friend, or the Etherealist? The target of the spell says group friend but the description says "Increases potency of caster". Its confusing and maybe should be looked at.
Arieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:32 AM   #115
Beee

After leveling to 3Mio/3Mio (200k left) the same Daught brougt me back to lv 1 0/3Mio (200k left)
Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:34 PM   #116
Anatha

I just logged in and am looking at my spell effects window where the membership buff is. There is no ascension buff there at all. I see food and drink, my deity pet, my runes buffs, guild buff, mount, and ranger buffs. No ascension buff. Not sure why. I have stretched it out as far as it will go. [IMG]
Old 10-27-2016, 03:54 PM   #117
ZUES

When I upgraded my Ascension class I didn't turn off any buffs.
I simply did these three steps:

1. Turn off your Ascension illusion buff thingy (was on my hotbar and I clicked it).
2. Purchase one of the exact same Ascension classes from the beta buffer.
3. Right click and use the Ascension class icon/item in your bags.

That's it, grats on level. Now turn on your Ascension class and get back to testing.
Old 10-27-2016, 04:11 PM   #118
Anatha

I did go get one of the auto level 10 thingies. Now I show being level 10 with a lot of new abilities and no more room on my hotbars for them! Will have to make a macro or 2 to hold the new stuff.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:17 PM   #119
Twisty

@Caith if below is true,
can you please share the formula for damage reduction that this new stat provides? an example of what I'm asking:
say hypothetically Scout scan says CombatMit: 2,000. if we collectively debuff 500 CombatMit how much more damage will the mob now take? something like 2000/(2000-500) * 100% or more elaborate?

thanx in advance for clarifying, as it would effect many decisions in the xpac on how to prioritize abilities / gear
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:25 PM   #120
Mrmacky

The lvl 10 dumbfire for both elementalist and geomancer are doing far less damage than the regular hits.
Scorched earth almost 3 billion damage just regular crits
Elemental amalgamation did 333m damage total.. so about 10% of the damage of an ability 6 levels lower

Also some of the abilities seem like they are not worth casting.
Such as Thermal Depletion. Takes 3 seconds to cast lasts 20 seconds and the effect itself only lasts 3.5 seconds of 0.1 fervor per stack.. which it can only stack once every 1 second.
Mrmacky is offline   Reply With Quote