EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-29-2015, 10:15 PM   #91
Trilly

algorithm adv solo for sig ques - this is 3rd time i have done this quest due to bugs. yesterday when i did it, i could do it fairly well and got everything done but not having enuf coils and they never did respawn. today my merc cant seem to heal for more than a few little movements along my bar and he and i have died over and over just in the regular questline. did you adjust all of that up? or adjust all of the mercs and my assassin down? unbelievably hard today for me today
Old 10-29-2015, 10:30 PM   #92
Sintropy

Just ran the heroic and out of 6 people that needed the update only one got the screwdriver and it only showed up for them...no roll or anything so was randomly allocated. I don't think that's going to work out Smile.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:42 PM   #93
Mystfit

Ok, so I got all the parts I needed to make upgraded sentry thingies. Crafted them and right clicked the sentries who all reacted with gobbly go but no updates to the quest. I'm still upgrade 0 of 8. I've tried highlighting them and using the shock box but there is no use option.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:48 PM   #94
Mandoblast

Underdepths Saga: Mysteries of Maldura

I am at the part where it says "Slay Tranquil Halls undead (0/12). There are currently about 5 people camping 4 spawns? Am I missing something here or is this a large bottleneck? More spawns, quicker spawns, anything to speed this up.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:42 PM   #95
Elinea

Now that more beta copies have gone through, there are a lot more people needing to kill that small handful of undead in Tranquil Halls. Is it possible to go the way of the mushroom farms and turn up respawn timers? Or give us more than one spot to find them at?
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 11:51 PM   #96
Elinea

Underdepths Saga: Eyes of the Ironshadow

I do understand and sort of enjoy the idea of having to actually figure things out instead of having our hands held through the quest line, and that's fine. However, it's been a few days since I've been able to get in on the toon that is on this quest, and today I decided to jump in and try to finish this up, and I no longer have quest dialogue to refer back to as to where I'm going. Is it possible to give some of these NPCs options to repeat the dialogue for those of us who can't start and finish a part of a quest in the same day?

I vaguely recall parts of this in the heroic District of Ash, and parts not, but I'm really not sure if I should keep dying trying to avoid the mobs in the heroic zone or if I should be searching in the advance solo zone for the mining and cave maps.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:01 AM   #97
Mystfit

With a smart guy online I was able to address my issue..which is reading comprehension. Though I confess it wouldn't have occurred to me that more killing was needed Wink
Old 10-30-2015, 01:52 AM   #98
Kaitheel

Developer

I've got a few more fixes headed to Beta, soon:
  • Underdepths Saga: Chaos and Malice - Grand Artificer's Exceptional Screwdriver now drops within the solo version of Kralet Penumbra: Temple of the Ill-Seen.
  • Underdepths Saga: Luminous Quest - Gathering glow toad egg clutches are now a group update.
  • Underdepths Saga: Unveiled Dangers - Lamari now recognizes when you have completed the quest.
These changes should be included with the next update to Beta, and listed in the update notes at that time.

More to come!

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:34 AM   #99
Mystfit

For Black Bolt, so I gotta kill the non aggro thralls he has searching the bookshelves? I did cause,w ell I figured he'd call them, but I have an ethical issue with kill non aggro mobs, so I wanna know if it'd be ok not to kill them!
Old 10-30-2015, 08:31 AM   #100
q-ruf

just redid the temple of the ill-seen (adv solo)... seems the screwdriver update didnt make it for today Frown
Old 10-30-2015, 10:40 AM   #101
Annabea

If you do the questline grouped with a friend, and go to the Unveiled palace zone in, it will zone you both into the same instance and tell you 'you have exceeded number of players' and one gets kicked outside with a lockout to the zone. Dont think it should let you zone into the same instance to start with, or maybe make it say you cant zone grouped or something.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:48 PM   #102
jasonx

Not sure what's the deal with the screwdriver but I had to do the zone 4 times to get a drop.

First time zoned with merc, cleared it, no drop.
Went out, deleted quest, got quest again, zoned with merc, cleared it, no drop.
Went out, zoned with merc, cleared it to last, dropped merc, killed last solo, no drop.
Went out, got mission for adv solo, zoned without merc, cleared it, screwdriver dropped.

So I'm not sure what kind of event triggers the drop or if is just random.

The only combination I can see on update kill is I had no merc and had the adv solo mission. Guildmate got update with a friend and adv solo mission. Another guildmate didn't get update with merc and adv solo mission and didn't get update after without merc and without adv solo mission. Not sure if there is some weird connection there.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:27 PM   #103
Eyenstein

Confirmed No merc with advanced solo quest I got the screwdriver.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:40 PM   #104
dngrmse

Advanced solo, no mission, with merc, screwdriver dropped, (in chest of last mob).
Old 10-30-2015, 03:16 PM   #105
Elowith

Underdepths Saga: Chaos and Malice. Being a bit panicky, I died to Tserinna's 'friend' and it is now in the upper portion of the zone that I can't get to. Activating the switches doesn't restart the script. Hoping redoing zone helps.
Oh, and in Advanced Solo just one screwdriver drops; if doing with a 'live' person need to run it twice.
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 03:57 PM   #106
Chaaskul

when you say 'Solo', do you actually mean 'Advanced Solo'

I for one, can't complete these, probably because I don't have raid type gear, just basic
Old 10-30-2015, 04:16 PM   #107
Dtrick

Took me 3 tries.
1. Did not delete quest, zoned in with merc, had daily quest for zone, no screwdriver
2. Deleted quest, zoned in with merc, no screwdriver
3. Deleted quest did whole zone without a merc, screwdriver dropped.

Guild mate did whole zone without merc, deleted quest, was 2nd try, no screwdriver
Old 10-30-2015, 04:47 PM   #108
Cyliena

Underdepths Saga: Mysteries of Maldura - Brusael, Frith, Gulmar, and Dirvy have no overhead icon to indicate that they're the citizens we need to speak to. Since there's a lot of npcs in Maldura with "citizen" in their name this part of the quest was pretty frustrating.
Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:15 PM   #109
Elowith

Got part way on Underdepth Saga: Chaos and Malice, and had to log. Reset and went back in. Although I can kill the side mobs, the first serious named does not activate, and the 'go to the queen potion' is no longer in inventory. Really don't want to delete the quest line and go do everything again.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:28 PM   #110
Sintropy

Have run the zone, Temple of Ill-Seen (Advanced Solo) 5 times and haven't seen the screwdriver on my Coercer. I ran the zone once on my monk and got the screwdriver the first time. Guessing the best thing to do is wait for patch...

On my coercer, it was only the first time that I had a merc and missions, the next 4 times, I didn't have any of those.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:43 PM   #111
Annabea

Just a tought to add to the weird screwdriver, could it be possible that its bugging when a pet (be it perma or some dumbfire) gets the killing hit? that could also explain ppl having more luck without mercs active. It wouldnt be the first time quests bug out when you dont do the killing hit personally.

Or in case of mages that eth dagger proc (expertise pet thing that pops) tends to be able to break things still
Old 10-30-2015, 07:58 PM   #112
Kaitheel

Developer

I've got a few more fixes headed to Beta, soon:
  • Underdepths Saga: Zaphardt's Defenders - Undertok upgrade plans will now respawn when zone is restored, no matter if the zone is solo or heroic.
  • Underdepths Saga: Zaphardt's Defenders - Coil conductors will now respawn when zone is restored, no matter if the zone is solo or heroic.
  • Underdepths Saga: Zaphardt's Defenders - There are now more undertok upgrade plans spawning.
  • Underdepths Saga: Eyes of the Ironshadow - Maps within the District of Ash now respawn when zone is restored, no matter if the zone is solo or heroic.
  • Underdepths Saga: Eyes of the Ironshadow - All possible map spawn locations are now valid.
These changes should be included with the next update to Beta, and listed in the update notes at that time.

More to come!

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 12:22 AM   #113
Elowith

I mentioned before that on Underdepth Saga: Chaos and Malice if you reset the zone not having killed the Primordial Malice, you can kill the two small mobs and get the two crystals, but it is not possible to activate the 3 controls at the back, making the rest of the zone active. Will this be fixed? No one has been able to answer that if I delete the entire step of the sig line (and presumably re-do the horrid screwdriver step), if I will be able to re-take the quest. Would appreciate a reply, sure hate getting this far and not be able to complete the solo line.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:27 AM   #114
Xianthia

After finally being able to get back on Beta, I started the adventure signature quest line.

I'm having a very difficult time in just the first instance. I got up to the part where Black Bolt goes away from his area and the undying apprentices are aggro. Illy with Lorr' merc, I can't seem survive this encounter. Merc and personae go down almost immediately and illy shortly after. It seems I have to kill the undying apprentices before black bolt will actually trigger. Some pointers and or hints would be tremendously helpful.
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 12:46 AM   #115
Mystfit

the first instance is/was so far the worst for me. I can only suggest that when he ports..look at the color of his portal then click on it (or double click I don't recall) and follow him to where he ports. When he ports again, click on the same color as when you entered and repeat.
Also, I killed all his thralls (the ones looking for the books) first. Not sure if you have to.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:51 AM   #116
Xianthia

I can't find him after his barrier went down and he disappears and assumed I have to kill the undying apprentices in order for him to actually trigger. Will look for him again if/when I can get back on. Thank you for the help.
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 01:00 AM   #117
Mystfit

OH....sorry. You're a step behind what I was talking about, my apologies. Yeah, you gotta kill those guys I fear Frown
Old 10-31-2015, 05:52 AM   #118
Kaladz

You have to click Atalya's text saying "...". This is quite hard to see and took me a bit to see that she was saying something else. Might want to make this more clear.
Kaladz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 06:17 AM   #119
Elinea

Yes, I had to scroll way out to see that tiny blue box. At first I thought this quest line was plagued like some of the signature quests on live are/were, but after I scrolled far out, I saw the "..." dialogue box.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:19 AM   #120
Tipperton

Not sure on that Annabea, but, when I finally got my update in the advanced solo, it was after I had completed the daily for the zone. Talked in general & others also stated that couldn't be on the daily quest for the zone & get the update; had to go in without the daily for the update. Later, a friend had to run it 4 times for the update. Neither one of us use mercs or pets. I play a ranger, he plays a monk. Seems that the chance of it dropping off last named is random.
Also, others in general said: if done on heroic, only 1 player gets the update.