EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
DarkelfOften

Defender

Since labor day falls on the 3rd of the month instead of the weekend will we still get a double xp weekend?

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=520433
DarkelfOften is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
Drupal

Elder

hope not, there are way too many double xp days, that they actually became the norm.

This was never their purpose, so please no more double xp days for a long while. It's not like it's difficult to level in this game.

Drupal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #3
DarkelfOften

Defender

Drupal wrote:

hope not, there are way too many double xp days, that they actually became the norm.

This was never their purpose, so please no more double xp days for a long while. It's not like it's difficult to level in this game.

I hope so I despretly need one, and am looking forward too it...for aa reasons.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #4
Geothe

Loremaster

DarkelfOften wrote:

Since labor day falls on the 3rd of the month instead of the weekend will we still get a double xp weekend?

Erm.... labor day is -ALWAYS- a Monday.....  heh.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #5
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Geothe wrote:

DarkelfOften wrote:

Beat me to it. That comment about blew my mind--Labor Day is always the first Monday in September, just like Memorial Day is always the last Monday in May.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #6
DarkelfOften

Defender

Cyliena wrote:

Geothe wrote:

DarkelfOften wrote:

Beat me to it. That comment about blew my mind--Labor Day is always the first Monday in September, just like Memorial Day is always the last Monday in May.

Lol I'm not thinking clearly this morning obviously feel free to close thread.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #7
Grumble69

Loremaster

I'd love to see it not fall on a holiday.  Or alternatively, give a potion so we can use at our leisure.

Grumble69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:25 PM   #8
Xianthia

Loremaster

Was double xp in fact announced for Labor Day weekend? (the OP reads almost like it was...)

Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #9
Zygar

Loremaster

Xianthia wrote:

Was double xp in fact announced for Labor Day weekend? (the OP reads almost like it was...)

92 Provisioner
Befallen (Oasis) Server

Zygar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #10
convict

Loremaster

Drupal wrote:

Why? If you don't want the dbl xp, turn your xp slider bar down, or go outside, or don't login. I don't understand why "some" people are against dbl xp, like they are forced to work extra days at work to pay it back or something.

Old 08-26-2012, 02:10 AM   #11
Nephel

Loremaster

I Hope there is a Double exp weekend.. Especially since there hasnt been one for Three months....

I think not having one for Three months is a Good span

Nephel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:33 AM   #12
Filly67

Loremaster

convict wrote:

Drupal wrote:

Why? If you don't want the dbl xp, turn your xp slider bar down, or go outside, or don't login. I don't understand why "some" people are against dbl xp, like they are forced to work extra days at work to pay it back or something.

I can only assume it's because they are generally unhappy and to feel better they like to push it onto others. 

Old 08-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #13
DarkelfOften

Defender

Filly67 wrote:

convict wrote:

Drupal wrote:

I can only assume it's because they are generally unhappy and to feel better they like to push it onto others. 

Thers always someone wanting to nurff or ruin everything good, its like they enjoy suffering.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #14
Zergosch

Loremaster

There will be allways a reason to complain 

Cant wait ^^ still got some toons to work on oO what else you can do these days ^^ (if you seen the old content more then once ^^)

Zergosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #15
Drupal

Elder

Zergosch wrote:

There will be allways a reason to complain 

Cant wait ^^ still got some toons to work on oO what else you can do these days ^^ (if you seen the old content more then once ^^)

you could go out, read a book, see a movie, rather than work on alt number 25. There's plenty of things you can do ...

Old 08-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #16
Drupal

Elder

DarkelfOften wrote:

Thers always someone wanting to nurff or ruin everything good, its like they enjoy suffering.

Too many double xp days are not good for anything. One day you'll realise that. They shouldn't give in to the gimme crowd, there's no need to and I hope they don't.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #17
heartstopper

Loremaster

I hope we get it. I have tradeskillers that need to be level'd and with my work load at school (taking 5 classes) I don't have a lot of extra time to do so. double xp weekend would help me get my crafters to at least 90.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #18
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord

Drupal wrote:

DarkelfOften wrote:

Too many double xp days are not good for anything. One day you'll realise that. They shouldn't give in to the gimme crowd, there's no need to and I hope they don't.

In a 7+ year old game which is extremely top heavy and has a fairly new XP Gating mechanic ... Double XP isn't 'Hurting' anyone new, old or indifferent.  SOE could just as easily quadruple the XP rate is wouldn't hurt anyone.  People in the lower levels or lower AA ranks either are 'enjoying taking thier time' or they are struggling, and there is no reason to make them struggle in a 7+ yr old games that is extremely top heavy with a fairly new XP gating mechanic. 

One day you'll realize that, Nobody is learning their toon or the game pre-90 and having more people at the cap is better for the games health over all.

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #19
Tylia
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Test of Time

Loremaster

Drupal wrote:

Seriously, why does it matter so much to you?  Why do you care if there are people who like to take advantage of double xp to level or grind AA?  If you don't want to take part in it, then don't, but there is absolutely no reason why others should be denied the opportunity.. simply because you happen to think that it's a bad idea.  Personally, I could care less, one way or the other, and really.. you shouldn't either.  SMILEY

Tylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #20
Koleg

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Drupal wrote:

Seriously, why does it matter so much to you?  Why do you care if there are people who like to take advantage of double xp to level or grind AA?  If you don't want to take part in it, then don't, but there is absolutely no reason why others should be denied the opportunity.. simply because you happen to think that it's a bad idea.  Personally, I could care less, one way or the other, and really.. you shouldn't either.   

It is usually because "THEY" walked 10 miles each way to school, uphill in the snow and thus think everyone else should too.

There is of course the other faction of folks which actually think that soloing with a Merc (Molo'ing) actually prepares players for heroic grouping at level cap.  That has to be one of the biggest runningjokes around.  Level 80 would be the earliest a class has a full spell book, to some degree.  Level 92 is when a toon has the tools to actually use in the end-game content.  EVERYTHING from before that point is little more than an introduction and honestly can be done in a day or two by reading the wiki. 

"Oh, look.  The tank class can pop those special abilities to survive, but not until level 80+X"

"Oh, look, cool.  My healing class actually has a Death Prevent ability which I haven't used yet becasue I Molo'ed my way to 90."

"Oh, Wow.  My scout is soo much more fun, now that they can actually use a flanking CA."

"Huh?! What do you mean my Mage doesn't have to root ever single mob before I nuke it?  That's wierd, it worked fine for 89 levels."

Old 08-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #21
Juggercap

Elder

[email protected]_old wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Drupal wrote:

Seriously, why does it matter so much to you?  Why do you care if there are people who like to take advantage of double xp to level or grind AA?  If you don't want to take part in it, then don't, but there is absolutely no reason why others should be denied the opportunity.. simply because you happen to think that it's a bad idea.  Personally, I could care less, one way or the other, and really.. you shouldn't either.   

It is usually because "THEY" walked 10 miles each way to school, uphill in the snow and thus think everyone else should too.

There is of course the other faction of folks which actually think that soloing with a Merc (Molo'ing) actually prepares players for heroic grouping at level cap.  That has to be one of the biggest runningjokes around.  Level 80 would be the earliest a class has a full spell book, to some degree.  Level 92 is when a toon has the tools to actually use in the end-game content.  EVERYTHING from before that point is little more than an introduction and honestly can be done in a day or two by reading the wiki. 

"Oh, look.  The tank class can pop those special abilities to survive, but not until level 80+X"

"Oh, look, cool.  My healing class actually has a Death Prevent ability which I haven't used yet becasue I Molo'ed my way to 90."

"Oh, Wow.  My scout is soo much more fun, now that they can actually use a flanking CA."

"Huh?! What do you mean my Mage doesn't have to root ever single mob before I nuke it?  That's wierd, it worked fine for 89 levels."

Sorry if some people don't think you should be able to click the easy button and be lvl 92. Is some of it that I had to spend time getting where I am? Yep...but at the same time, why have XP at all? Just create at 92. Who cares? I'm not going to pretend that you learn how to play your character in groups on the way to 92, but it's not that tough to get there.

This game is so easy to level in now that it gets old hearing people whine about how hard it is to level. Aww, that's too bad.

If XP doesn't matter, just get rid of it. Create your character at the level you want.

Nephel wrote:

I Hope there is a Double exp weekend.. Especially since there hasnt been one for Three months....

I think not having one for Three months is a Good span

There was double XP for the 4th of July. That's wasn't 3 months ago.

Run away! Run away!
Juggercap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #22
bks6721

Loremaster

convict wrote:

Drupal wrote:

some people like to enjoy a holiday weekend playing EQ2 and not have to deal with the zone pulling xp grinders that always come out of the closet for double xp.

Double xp weekends ALWAYS have the most complaining in 1-9 chat.  The WORST (meaning rude) players are always on during double xp.

Getting to 92 without double xp isn't hard.   If you 'really' enjoyed the game and played it alot, you'd already be 92.

bks6721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #23
bks6721

Loremaster

heartstopper wrote:

I hope we get it. I have tradeskillers that need to be level'd and with my work load at school (taking 5 classes) I don't have a lot of extra time to do so. double xp weekend would help me get my crafters to at least 90.

if you don't have time to play because of school, why does their level even matter?

Old 08-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #24
heartstopper

Loremaster

Because I have Crafters that need lvl'd. I said I have limited time to play. not that I don't have time at all. and with crafters I can actually make items I need for raiding. which is when 97% of my play time is dedicated to.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #25
bks6721

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

Drupal wrote:

DarkelfOften wrote:

In a 7+ year old game which is extremely top heavy and has a fairly new XP Gating mechanic ... Double XP isn't 'Hurting' anyone new, old or indifferent.  SOE could just as easily quadruple the XP rate is wouldn't hurt anyone.  People in the lower levels or lower AA ranks either are 'enjoying taking thier time' or they are struggling, and there is no reason to make them struggle in a 7+ yr old games that is extremely top heavy with a fairly new XP gating mechanic. 

One day you'll realize that, Nobody is learning their toon or the game pre-90 and having more people at the cap is better for the games health over all.

anyone 'struggling' in this game at lower levels should just quit asap.  There is ZERO struggle to leveling in this game.

Your last line... read it.   That is because of FAST LEVELING.   Having more 'inexperienced' players at the cap helps nobody.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #26
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Having more...players at the cap helps ....

Helps EVERYONE

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #27
Regolas

Loremaster

This game is all about reaching goals. Whether it's levels, gear and attributes, quest completion, etc. So what if every 3 months we get a weekend that allows that to happen quicker for some people. I really don't understand the concept of the game being easy enough without. Double xp doesn't make it any easier, it just makes it less monotonous. What would take say, 20 hours grinding trivial mobs instead takes 4 (with vitality and potions). This potential double xp weekend is only the second one that I'm really looking forward to utilising. I have two alts that need 90AA each to move on to 91. I should just be able to do that in the 5 hours I can play on Saturday. If the double xp weekends didn't exist, it would probably take me a few months to get that AA. No big deal, but it wouldn't make me a better player of those toons unless I got some experience grouping with others, which rarely happens until 92.
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #28
Koleg

Lord

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Having more...players at the cap helps .... 

Helps EVERYONE

Dare I say it ... and I still can't believe it ... I agree with CM.

The days of the cheese-wheel spining from leveling are over.  We are in the cheese-wheel being turned from top-tier Groups & Raids, Housing, Dungeon Maker, PVP and mini-games.  Soloing from 1-90 is -NOT- 'fun', it is a chore and games are not suppose to be a chore.  It is so much of a chore that people try and finish it asap.... Ooooo wasn't that 'fun'.

Did you not understand the key point ... [7+ year old game which is extremely top heavy and has a fairly new XP Gating mechanic].  I would perfectly fine with instant 90's for the sole reason that I know for a certain fact playing your toon from 1 to 90 is not commensurate with learning how to play the toon or learning how to play the toon in groups or raids.

Of course there are many aspects to the game beyond raiding, however, outside of solo-farming none of them require any level or any AA's.  PVP being the exception and in those cases teamwork in numbers (aka Pre-mades) is really the only way to guaranteed success.

As a raid leader I do not really care how a player gets to level 92/320, I only care THAT they are 92/320... and just so's everyone doesn't think differently, for a raider, 92/320 is not the End of the Game, it is the beginning (for a raider).  That might not be a popular comment, but that doesn't make it any less true.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #29
Tylia
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Test of Time

Loremaster

Juggercap wrote:

Sorry if some people don't think you should be able to click the easy button and be lvl 92. Is some of it that I had to spend time getting where I am? Yep...but at the same time, why have XP at all? Just create at 92. Who cares? I'm not going to pretend that you learn how to play your character in groups on the way to 92, but it's not that tough to get there.

This game is so easy to level in now that it gets old hearing people whine about how hard it is to level. Aww, that's too bad.

If XP doesn't matter, just get rid of it. Create your character at the level you want.

That "logic" does not make any sense in this conversation.  Double xp does NOT make the game any easier.  All it does is make the process faster.  There is a difference between the two words and you are getting them confused.  Also, there have been double xp events in this game for a very long time.  Are you saying that you have never taken part in any of them, as well as never used any potions, or vitality bonus, or veteran bonus?  Each of those things made your progress faster.  None of them made your progress easier.  You have no room to complain about an event that increases progress if you have taken part in any of them yourself.  Now if you have never utilized any of the above mentioned ways of speeding up your progress, then I guess you would have room to claim the "up hill both ways in the snow barefoot.. get off my lawn" attitude and I appologize.  SMILEY

Tylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:11 PM   #30
DarkelfOften

Defender

Drupal wrote:

DarkelfOften wrote:

Good news everyone!