EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-16-2012, 05:29 AM   #1
Fairin

Lord

ITEMS

Runes of Blasting and Mending will no longer be affected by stats.

to be constructive on my critisim on these 2 adorns being changed i have brought with me a current list of adorns for weapons

Potency

Crit bonus

Damage proc

Heal proc

Block chance

Crit Chance

now in their Current forms on live, at lv 90 superior the list looks like this

Potency 2% (decent when stacked 6 times - 12%)

Crit bonus read ^

Damage proc , Pathetic damage proc. not effected by gear in the fist place - in the area of 8k dmg per raid encounter per adorn

Heal proc , heal crits when you need it (and usually when you don't) gives raiders , group members, and soloers a chance to survive, do incredible things but not without risk, for example my troub can solo convenant district, with a marginal risk to be killed from lack of self healing procs. also this would break my ability to power level for cash, which i use to PAY for my subscription...

Block chance , mostly worthless increase to block chance 2% (lol)

Crit Chance - acceptable increase to crit chance to help get to the content your working on 4.6%

IF mending adorns get the nerf, then the only thing left to adorn on weapons is crit bonus or potency, as no one (really) adorns for blasting crit chance or blocking.

and if i cant solo content anymore on my troub (who is nearly 60k unbuffed now - ) much less power level anyone due to the inability to heal myself. it would kill this game for me.

i cant count how many times ive saved a group by being completely unbreakable in heroics, through gear and my specific choice of adorns and playstyle.

also not everyone uses mending adorns, i cant even convince our guilds main raid tanks to use them, (yes hes a zerker too!) and i think im the only scout that does adorn for them. and there has been times ive off tanked or held a mob off the rest of the raid till a tank could get scraped off the ground, all thanks to this adorn. removing it would just make me adorn crit bonus like -every other person, and not be unique.

so my suggested proposal is, leave it well enough alone, it wasnt to terribly broke over the last 3 years and continues to not be broke in current playstyle, removing it would severly harm the powerleveling community for cash that we use to pay for the game.

i do -not- want to be forced to grouping to do -anything- playing it my way would end the moment this goes live.

-edited out my extreme qqing

-edit PS - constructive critisim only - what do you do with these adorns you couldnt before and how would it effect your gameplay if at all?

Fairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
Beko
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

((Runes of Mending being affected by stats was intended and they made it that way and havent touched it for years, because they never changed it for 3 years, they knew 2 years ago that it criticalled because they themselves tested it and made it that way, they changed blasting adorns to not be affected by potency because it did too much damage, but never touched mending adornments because we told them no, and now they are doing it again.))

It's especially needed when you start going into Hardmodes and your group takes a brunch of knockbacks/disarms and stuns.

Knocked back away from the healer, runes of mending saved my rear, now I'm just gonna die and its gonna be a wipe.

Runes of Mending saved me a couple times doing Dozekar, where I was knocked away from my healer and I had to turn on a temp buff to heal myself/block attacks.

Runes of Mending helped us do Palace of the Ancient One and other old raids and SF raids, which are still pretty hard for most people because you still have to do a strategy and the mobs his you for % based focus damage.  Thanks to runes of mending.

Runes of Mending helped us do several old raiding zones like in EOF to get us nice looking appearance gear, but now thats no longer a possibility.

The things I can do now I cannot do as soon as this goes live.

Developers REALLY need to look at this before they just CHANGE it.

This effect will greatly change my gameplay for the worse, its making me kind of want to quit since I enjoy doing old content with friends and doing HMs with other friends.

I wish we had Aerilik back... now they're is only one choice as an adornment "Critical Bonus." there is no choice anymore and all the fun is gone.

Beko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
Ingerimm
Server: Valor
Guild: Das Schwarze Auge

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

((Runes of Mending being affected by stats was intended and they made it that way and havent touched it for years, because they never changed it for 3 years, they knew 2 years ago that it criticalled because they themselves tested it and made it that way, they changed blasting adorns to not be affected by potency because it did too much damage, but never touched mending adornments because we told them no, and now they are doing it again.))

It's especially needed when you start going into Hardmodes and your group takes a brunch of knockbacks/disarms and stuns.

Knocked back away from the healer, runes of mending saved my rear, now I'm just gonna die and its gonna be a wipe.

Runes of Mending saved me a couple times doing Dozekar, where I was knocked away from my healer and I had to turn on a temp buff to heal myself/block attacks.

Runes of Mending helped us do Palace of the Ancient One and other old raids and SF raids, which are still pretty hard for most people because you still have to do a strategy and the mobs his you for % based focus damage.  Thanks to runes of mending.

Runes of Mending helped us do several old raiding zones like in EOF to get us nice looking appearance gear, but now thats no longer a possibility.

This effect will greatly change my gameplay for the worse, its making me kind of want to quit since I enjoy doing old content with friends and doing HMs with other friends.

I wish we had Aerilik back... now they're is only one choice as an adornment "Critical Bonus." there is no choice anymore and all the fun is gone.

Learn to play fairly and without cheating. Others do it without cheating through the use of exploits and bugs.

The DEVs have stated clearly and it has been known for years that it's a bug. May no longer trigger procs or stats affect critical flow when they are correct, it is now the completely ok.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
Beko

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Learn to play fairly and without cheating. Others do it without cheating through the use of exploits and bugs.

The DEVs have stated clearly and it has been known for years that it's a bug. May no longer trigger procs or stats affect critical flow when they are correct, it is now the completely ok.

Some day your going to be all alone in your little sandbox.

Also, Intended Gameplay Effects are not cheating nore exploiting, if you do it by using ingame means and everyone is available to use it.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #5
Darkholis

Guardian

Fairin wrote:

ITEMS

to be constructive on my critisim on these 2 adorns being changed i have brought with me a current list of adorns for weapons

Potency

Crit bonus

Damage proc

Heal proc

Block chance

Crit Chance

Crit bonus read ^

Damage proc , Pathetic damage proc. not effected by gear in the fist place - in the area of 8k dmg per raid encounter per adorn

Heal proc , heal crits when you need it (and usually when you don't) gives raiders , group members, and soloers a chance to survive, do incredible things but not without risk, for example my troub can solo convenant district, with a marginal risk to be killed from lack of self healing procs. also this would break my ability to power level for cash, which i use to PAY for my subscription...

Block chance adorns in any form are uncontested block chance which is major thing for tanks.

Crit Chance - acceptable increase to crit chance to help get to the content your working on 4.6%

IF mending adorns get the nerf, then the only thing left to adorn on weapons is crit bonus or potency, as no one (really) adorns for blasting crit chance or blocking.

False, lot of tanks grab block adorns, in fact, all raid tanks in any serious guild do have some block adorns.

and if i cant solo content anymore on my troub (who is nearly 60k unbuffed now - ) much less power level anyone due to the inability to heal myself. it would kill this game for me.

Funny because I never ever used garbage heal adorns and I can solo all of contested SS and CD as a guardian.

i cant count how many times ive saved a group by being completely unbreakable in heroics, through gear and my specific choice of adorns and playstyle.

also not everyone uses mending adorns, i cant even convince our guilds main raid tanks to use them, (yes hes a zerker too!) and i think im the only scout that does adorn for them. and there has been times ive off tanked or held a mob off the rest of the raid till a tank could get scraped off the ground, all thanks to this adorn. removing it would just make me adorn crit bonus like -every other person, and not be unique.

Btw, tank job is to be hard as nail, not to mend themself, healing is the healers job btw. Scout adorn CB because it improve their outgoing dps which is what scouts are intended in groups/raids. Btw, crit bonus is the major stats for tanks over potency since pot dosen't affect melee auto-attack and CB also increase their hate generation.

so my suggested proposal is, leave it well enough alone, it wasnt to terribly broke over the last 3 years and continues to not be broke in current playstyle, removing it would severly harm the powerleveling community for cash that we use to pay for the game.

i do -not- want to be forced to grouping to do -anything- playing it my way would end the moment this goes live.

-edit PS - constructive critisim only - what do you do with these adorns you couldnt before and how would it effect your gameplay if at all?

-I do not valuate a raid force on the number of kills they got, I instead valuate it on the number of flawless they achieved.

(Vanuk, 92 guardian, Tyrant of Revenge)
Darkholis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #6
Beko

Loremaster

Darkholis wrote:

Fairin wrote:

ITEMS

Potency

Crit bonus

Damage proc

Heal proc

Block chance

Crit Chance

Crit bonus read ^

Block chance adorns in any form are uncontested block chance which is major thing for tanks.

False, lot of tanks grab block adorns, in fact, all raid tanks in any serious guild do have some block adorns.

Funny because I never ever used garbage heal adorns and I can solo all of contested SS and CD as a guardian.

Btw, tank job is to be hard as nail, not to mend themself, healing is the healers job btw. Scout adorn CB because it improve their outgoing dps which is what scouts are intended in groups/raids. Btw, crit bonus is the major stats for tanks over potency since pot dosen't affect melee auto-attack and CB also increase their hate generation.

And then you do tough content when your healers are thrown away from you/stunned/stifled/lowered cast speed by 300%... , and your right, Critical Bonus is the only stat to adorn, if you put anything else on your stuff your probably ...

- Censored: Bleh, your a guardian and immune to most of those effects...

Old 07-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #7
Landiin

Loremaster

Darkholis wrote:

Fairin wrote:

ITEMS

Potency

Crit bonus

Damage proc

Heal proc

Block chance

Crit Chance

Crit bonus read ^

And then you do tough content when your healers are thrown away from you/stunned/stifled/lowered cast speed by 300%... , and your right, Critical Bonus is the only stat to adorn, if you put anything else on your stuff your probably ...

- Censored: Bleh, your a guardian and immune to most of those effects...

Just because you are fail dosn't mean everyone else is. I do tough content all the time and don't die, our groups tank don't die.

Please get a new line as the ones you've used over and over is getting old and carries not weight.

OP: Why did you start yet another thread about this? You couldn't post on the main one? Did you think another one would draw more attention to it? 

Old 07-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #8
Alaska

Lord

My main being a Monk I can solo everything that Fairin claims to solo and then some without Mending adorns but that is odviously cause Brawlers are OP right?

The interesting point about all of this is all of these people complaining about removing Mending adorns doesn't allow them to solo this or solo that. The fact that all of these people people can, with and without certain adorns, solo contested and group zones in Skyshine are very telling about how sorry Skyshrine as a whole honestly is. People are soloing group zones and a group can clear DP x4 (minus Sev) and half of UD x4. Mending adorns are not the problem, horrible zone and mechanic design are.

Akcler (92 Inquisitor) : Akdrui (92 Warden) : Akbraw (92 Monk) : Akbard (92 Dirge) : Akpred (92 Ranger) : Akrogu (92 Swashbuckler) : Aksumm (92 Conjuror) :

Aksorc (92 Wizard) : Akench (92 Coercer)
Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #9
Kapath

Lord

Fairin wrote:

this ^^^ 

really going to limit my freedom and way i like to play SoE. This single handedly will cost them a sub.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:13 AM   #10
Rendoir

Loremaster

The funniest part of this whole thread is here the OP says that without mending adorns he won't be able to charge people for powerlevelling, and therefore won't be able to buy his subscription with plat anymore. 

Rendoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:50 AM   #11
Fairin

Lord

@Landiin this is rediclious, i posted outside the Talathion post for a very obvious reason.

i started playing a year ago, if this was known as a bug for years why wasnt it fixed? this sounds more like the pvp community was qqing about it. I've seen this kind of irritateing thing happen because of PVP nerfs effecting PVE enough in wow to get absolutely tired of it, and now i want to stand up for what i belive in. which is, its not broke dont fix it not even in pvp.

@Darkholis, self healing to a tank is how they are hard as nails, and mending was the only choice adorn to do so. the others are more dps. and a laughable % increase to block ( 2% block = less than 0.1% avoidance) and you quoted soloing content as a guard in SS?, funny ive seen one of the top geared brusiers unable to do so (without menidng adorns). simply cutting an adorns power by 95% is rediclious forceing us to pick either potency or crit bonus instead of desireing some form of self healing for when we do not have the time to group with people

@kapath, imagine logging in and suddenly you cant do anything you desire as fun and challenging, because soloing a heroic zone at level as a Troubador, is challenging and carries very reward for the "risk" and i did not say i would stop my subscription, i said the game wouldnt be as fun anymore if i required someone to do practically anything.

@Rendoir, this is funny? how is this funny? i play because i find it enjoyable, and in order to do so i have friends willing to trade me for my time spent helping them and they help me pay for my account, now i will not beable to help them because of this single change.

all in all i can see the point of people defending this change, as it makes the game easier for some, makes some content not meant to be soloed, soloable. which really who does this hurt? the people that put the time and effort into the game to beable to do so. its like  slap in the face and i will stand up for this and fight tooth and nail to keep it the way it has been since its not broken, not everyone uses it to pass content. and a pathetic heal proc is not the answer.

adornments are ment to give choices. of how do you want to play . do you want to do less dps but can heal yourself? take mending, you want to do more damage , adorn critbonus/potency. you want to tank better? go mending. with this change all thats left is critbonus or potency.

and you buggers are not giving any constructive critisim like beko and talathion are, this is rediclious all you can do is troll me here and call me an explotier? to something that was in the game 2 years before i joined? that everyone knew about but nothing changed untill now?

Old 07-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #12
Darkholis

Guardian

Fairin wrote:

@Landiin this is rediclious, i posted outside the Talathion post for a very obvious reason.

i started playing a year ago, if this was known as a bug for years why wasnt it fixed? this sounds more like the pvp community was qqing about it. I've seen this kind of irritateing thing happen because of PVP nerfs effecting PVE enough in wow to get absolutely tired of it, and now i want to stand up for what i belive in. which is, its not broke dont fix it not even in pvp.

@Darkholis, self healing to a tank is how they are hard as nails, and mending was the only choice adorn to do so. the others are more dps. and a laughable % increase to block ( 2% block = less than 0.1% avoidance) and you quoted soloing content as a guard in SS?, funny ive seen one of the top geared brusiers unable to do so (without menidng adorns). simply cutting an adorns power by 95% is rediclious forceing us to pick either potency or crit bonus instead of desireing some form of self healing for when we do not have the time to group with people

Clearly, you have no clue on how tanks work. Yes most of them can naturally mend or have deathsaves but solid tanks are not those who can heal themself the most, heck no, it's those with the highest mitigation and avoidance. Those 2 stats are the only ones that matter for a solid tank, period. About the block chance, yes the adorn increase the overall avoidance by only 0.01% but I think you missed the point, uncontested block. The more uncontested defensive stats you have, the less the mob is going to dmg you, no matter their skills. About the bruiser, I'd like to know who it is to laugh a bit. I have no in-combat heal ability and only one deathsave and a bruiser with Mend and 3 deathsaves couldn't solo in SS? He/she should ashamed of themself for sucking so much.

@kapath, imagine logging in and suddenly you cant do anything you desire as fun and challenging, because soloing a heroic zone at level as a Troubador, is challenging and carries very reward for the "risk" and i did not say i would stop my subscription, i said the game wouldnt be as fun anymore if i required someone to do practically anything.

@Rendoir, this is funny? how is this funny? i play because i find it enjoyable, and in order to do so i have friends willing to trade me for my time spent helping them and they help me pay for my account, now i will not beable to help them because of this single change.

all in all i can see the point of people defending this change, as it makes the game easier for some, makes some content not meant to be soloed, soloable. which really who does this hurt? the people that put the time and effort into the game to beable to do so. its like  slap in the face and i will stand up for this and fight tooth and nail to keep it the way it has been since its not broken, not everyone uses it to pass content. and a pathetic heal proc is not the answer.

adornments are ment to give choices. of how do you want to play . do you want to do less dps but can heal yourself? take mending, you want to do more damage , adorn critbonus/potency. you want to tank better? go mending  go high mitigation/avoidance with this change all thats left is critbonus or potency.

Fixed

and you buggers are not giving any constructive critisim like beko and talathion are, this is rediclious all you can do is troll me here and call me an explotier? to something that was in the game 2 years before i joined? that everyone knew about but nothing changed untill now?

Why would we give constructive critism when you 1) have no clue on what you're talking about 2) keep saying we are full of it. About Talathion, this guy is by far one of the worst tank player in this game, and foremost the biggest carebear I've ever seen on any game forums. I havent and will never show him any respect.

PS - Unless I'm missing something, you are no way near 60k hp selfbuffed. http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_...il/446679102699

-I do not valuate a raid force on the number of kills they got, I instead valuate it on the number of flawless they achieved.

(Vanuk, 92 guardian, Tyrant of Revenge)
Darkholis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #13
Fairin

Lord

Darkholis wrote:

Fairin wrote:

Clearly, you have no clue on how tanks work. Yes most of them can naturally mend or have deathsaves but solid tanks are not those who can heal themself the most, heck no, it's those with the highest mitigation and avoidance. Those 2 stats are the only ones that matter for a solid tank, period. About the block chance, yes the adorn increase the overall avoidance by only 0.01% but I think you missed the point, uncontested block. The more uncontested defensive stats you have, the less the mob is going to dmg you, no matter their skills. About the bruiser, I'd like to know who it is to laugh a bit. I have no in-combat heal ability and only one deathsave and a bruiser with Mend and 3 deathsaves couldn't solo in SS? He/she should ashamed of themself for sucking so much.

adornments are ment to give choices. of how do you want to play . do you want to do less dps but can heal yourself? take mending, you want to do more damage , adorn critbonus/potency. you want to tank better? go mending  go high mitigation/avoidance with this change all thats left is critbonus or potency.

Fixed

Why would we give constructive critism when you 1) have no clue on what you're talking about 2) keep saying we are full of it. About Talathion, this guy is by far one of the worst tank player in this game, and foremost the biggest carebear I've ever seen on any game forums. I havent and will never show him any respect.

PS - Unless I'm missing something, you are no way near 60k hp selfbuffed. http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_...il/446679102699

*facepaw* what did you catch me mentored to 80 or something? of course i am over 60k hp

clearly i dont know how tanks work im sorry. i just figured the ability to randomly self heal would be far greater than a near zero % chance to block. im sorry i think outside the box, but i think you miss the bloody point of not even having this option anymore for tanks that are smart enough to use them, im not talking about adorns in other slots im just talking about the mending adorn, 2% block in your primary/offhand are not gonna make as much of a difference as mending ever will. period, even after this nerf mending will still be better than that pathetic chance to block.

so yes i have a clue of what im talking about, i will keep saying "YOU ARE full of it" and this nerf is unjustified

if you dont have anything constructive or suggestions for the adorn theres no reason for you to open your mouth in this forum.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #14
Yimway

Loremaster

Wow, this thread was fail right out the gate.

Yes, welcome to the game, CB, Potency, and Block chance are the only adorns worth running on these slots.  Depending on your class your going to pick one over the other.

And its hilarious to think you need mending procs to be able to power level.  I do so on my guard with no mending runes, self heals, blah blah blah.   Kill faster or something.  Honestly, you still have plenty of heal / ward procing gear available to you that is grossly OP enough for PLing there is no reason to QQ for that alone.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #15
Yimway

Loremaster

Fairin wrote:

2% block in your primary/offhand are not gonna make as much of a difference as mending ever will. period, even after this nerf mending will still be better than that pathetic chance to block.

Wanna bet?

I'd have to put the darn proc on to demonstrate, but when your already full health, mending does nothing for you.  The amount of time your not full health is relatively only a couple dozen seconds of an entire encounter, and you have to be pretty darn lucky to get your proc to go off at that time to have any health needing healing.

Where as block chance increased means avoiding more swings, meaning wards are up longer, and you spend even fewer seconds not at full health.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #16
Fairin

Lord

yes, i will take that bet, its a sure win, go ahead and change out your primary and secondary weapons to lv 90 and 80 superior mending, if you put them in chest slot then replace the bow adorns for those to make it even, loose 12% block chance for 6 on proc heals. and find out how much better it is.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #17
Beko

Loremaster

Percent based heal.

(Level 90 PVE: 12% Max Health Heal, then 8% Heal Every 2 Seconds for 4 Seconds.)

(Level 90 PVP: 4% Max Health Heal, then 2% Heal Every 2 Seconds for 4 Seconds.)

(Level 80 PVE: 9% Max Health Heal, then 6% Heal Every 2 Seconds for 4 Seconds.)

(Level 80 PVP: 3% Max Health Heal, then 1.5% Heal Every 2 Seconds for 4 Seconds.)

The HOT Buff replaces eachother, they don't stack, so having more then 2 Runes of Mending would not be as good.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #18
Tigerr

Lord

I def agree that it will have effect on soloers etc... but it will NOT be the make or break in a heroic group/raid... Unless you don't use a merc while you solo ( i'm sure you do.. both Tala and his brother Beko).... The only thing that is going to have impact on are the people that run PR/vp etc, and even then... you can survive without it. I'm sick of all the comments about "we wont survive in raid" especially from 2 certain zerkers ( prolly same person anyway). I don't think they understand how reactives + wards + direct heals work. It helps, i'm not saying it does not... but it will NOT prevent you from doing the same content you did before.... Unless you are a complete fail (lol tala/bek). This did help some classes power level though and honestly, its a crappy change and I'm against it 10000% but please, do not say it will have any impact on HM raids/heroics... Unless you run without healers... It will completely mess my monk up , I wont be able to solo Covenant anymore due to not having those quick/big heal procs but, I'm sure i'll manage with rotating my stuff better.... This is not a reactive or a ward.... it is a direct heal.... Unless you sit at 50% health in all your groups for more than 2 seconds then sure, it'll help and you'd need to group with better healers. The fact that soe is nerfing is kinda herpdederp though. It has been in the game for awhile and I agree with alot of people that it should scale with the player 100%.. I feel that the majority of procs should crit as most of them are useless. Just please do not say that it will BREAK gameplay cause it will not.
Tigerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:38 PM   #19
Fairin

Lord

12% max heal - [email protected] hp, and  4800 every 4 seconds for.. how many seconds? reccomending 12.

just make it not work in pvp so they cant complain about it >.>

Old 07-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #20
Beko

Loremaster

I agree with everything above.

It would be better if it only procced twice.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:32 PM   #21
Raal
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Legends of Fate

Loremaster

OP is dumb. Mending adorns are/were/always will be dumb for anything except for letting people who are bad at the game farm plat.

Raal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #22
Beko

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

OP is dumb. Mending adorns are/were/always will be dumb for anything except for letting people who are bad at the game farm plat.

You obviously have no idea how end game works, and the best solo class atm is inquisitor, which doesn't even need mending adorns.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #23
The_Cheeseman

Loremaster

No, seriously, pure heal procs have never been good in heroic/raid content, because you're generally at full health all the time unless your healer is dead or asleep. Ward procs can be good, even reactive procs are okay, but most of the time a standard self-heal proc is just going to be healing you for zero, or spot-healing you in the 5 second window between you getting hit and your healer returning you to full health.

The only thing mending adorns were good for is farming epics, and even that can still be done by wearing a few other available ward/heal procs. It just takes a bit longer since you lose DPS by equipping the older gear.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #24
Yimway

Loremaster

Honestly, the only time I valued a direct heal or HoT proc was for pvp play.

If it took a healer more than 2 seconds to get me back to full HP, I'd find me new healers.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #25
Beko

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Honestly, the only time I valued a direct heal or HoT proc was for pvp play.

If it took a healer more than 2 seconds to get me back to full HP, I'd find me new healers.

A 2% Damage Recieved is Prevented would make rune of mending decent again, that way there IS a choice.

Right now there IS no choice, rune of mending is COMPLETELY WORTHLESS on testcenter.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:14 AM   #26
Raca

Loremaster

Things that make the game fun and exiting like this SHOULD BE REMOVED! Make everything dull and bland SoE, great move...Now when I get bord with grouping/raiding I can just go play in old raid zones I mean play a different game.

Raca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:15 AM   #27
The_Cheeseman

Loremaster

Raca wrote:

Things that make the game fun and exiting like this SHOULD BE REMOVED! Make everything dull and bland SoE, great move...Now when I get bord with grouping/raiding I can just go play in old raid zones I mean play a different game.

Yay, outrageous hyperbole is fun and exciting!

Old 07-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #28
Ferunnia

Loremaster

There's a lot of QQ in this thread. Troubs telling tanks they know how anything works for tanks is laughable...you wanted to take a bet over block % adorns being worse than mending runes? Seriously? What a tool. Take your opinion, stuff it for a while, look some block adorn threads up, come back, apologize for being an idiot, and move on. For soloing, the change sucks, for pvp the change sucks, for epic tanking? Who was using these anyways? Seriously...

Ferunnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #29
Zirlok

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Troubs telling tanks they know how anything works for tanks is laughable...you wanted to take a bet over block % adorns being worse than mending runes? Seriously? What a tool. Take your opinion, stuff it for a while, look some block adorn threads up, come back, apologize for being an idiot, and move on. For soloing, the change sucks, for pvp the change sucks, for epic tanking? Who was using these anyways? Seriously...

Have you ever inspected your guilds main tank? lol

What i find funny is people who claim they're worthless yet at the same time never even tried/tested them(making their claims baseless) more'so if they are worthless, why would it matter if they were to stay unchanged? If you think they're soo useless and only "noobs or scrubs" use them why come here and post at all?

I play a troub and guard with these adorns(non pvp) and can say yes it helps alot for the same reasons Fairin posted.

I actually enjoyed being able to group with most anyone and not be afraid that i would die, now its back to being picky which usually means not playing at all as the overall player skill is worse than ever. Checking healers at the door is something i don't care to do again every time i join or form a group.

I don't solo old raid zones much minus pr/soh/mmb but have for friends or fun almost all in one group, now i won't even bother when asked, not like people will want to anyhow if we'll need lots of people(by lots i mean more than 3). For the people that say i shouldn't be able to w/o a raid force i simply lol at you, i did most of them when they were current and even then people hardly cared, get over yourselves. The gears not op and its dead old content, better it be enjoyed and take up subscription time no?

Basically these adorns helped me enjoy this game by allowing me to solo(specially as troub) alot as its very dead on guk and group openly with the few people that do groups. All this change means to me is less playtime.

Zirlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:06 AM   #30
Hammieee
Server: Everfrost

Loremaster

First of all, being a brawler who has killed some decent raid progression there are only a few mobs that i feel as if a mending rune would be of any use: first of all dagarn HM because his when you avoid and attack is not wardable and my templar's reactives are out it heals me up in a spike but majority of the time im gtg and there is no reason for her reactives to be out.

Here is a parse of what mendings did for me tonight:

And here is my incoming damage in eleven minutes:

Dagarn might not be the best mob to test this on but meh its what i had for tonight. 

Hammieee is offline   Reply With Quote